#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Open questions to all

I think this is one week when we have not had any Clay sightings, aren't there usually sightings somewhere?

Can he really speak before jaymes says something? He may be the celebrity drawing attention, but she is the pone being exposed and istghe babymama for sure.

Where does Team Clay fall inthis - can they issue a statement without him?

I dont think Jaymes needs to issue her own statement cos the story is Clay becoming a dad...but I sure think that Clay has to consult with her before issuing a statement. Even if its not true this should still be done in accordance to her wishes. I think the only proper response TC can give without him is...no comment for now. I think this is the problem with David's rep speaking about this...it was not his job to confirm or deny since David is not directly involved in this. The proper response would be...no comment...if he was not charged by Jaymes to speak for her.

If this is true I'm hoping the baby will make an appearance at the Gala. Selfish much?

Hee, I admit I had the same thought.

The concept of Clay owing fans much beyond a good performance and a sincere effort is alien to me

ITA. To want something is one thing, but to think someone owes you something is something entirely different. I think a lot of it how much we, as fans, personalize our fandom. IMO, I don't know Clay, he is not my friend, he doesn't even know I exist, except in the group sense of one of his many fans. I don't believe he owes me anything. I don't take anything he does personally. I don't get mad at him, upset with him, disappointed in him. Some fans do. I'm not trying to be high and mighty and say my way is better, it's just that we each interpret and deal with things differently.

Lurker calling the eHP-- Cheez Doodles are on sale at my local grocery-- do I need to bring some or did PerusingOne already load you up? I'll be in town late Tuesday, busy Friday and Saturday nights, headed home Sunday evening. My only duties are to give all family PC's a good cleanup and assorted upgrades, and hang with my sisters and mom a bit. Several of you have met one or more of my sistren-- we are quite a sight when you get us all together. Graduation girl and my own demon spawn probably won't care if I'm around or not. I am up for lunch or happy hour or just about anything except knitting.

So, how about that Clay Aiken? :)

I am so zen about this I'm scaring myself. It did occur to me that if I were to choose to have a baby at near-50, I would want the father involved, and also significantly younger than me. It adds some insurance that the child will have one parent around for some decades. Clay would be about the same age as my husband was when our kid was born. I'm about five years older, and was lucky enough to catch one right away. Maybe Clay really wants to be a grandfather, and needed to get started now, not later?

Okay, I'm off to the store! Somebody text me if any news breaks! Or with your grocery list!

I think somebody..... anybody or everybody......... in either camp (Aiken or Foster) is scrambling to do "damage control." They are trying to pinpoint the leak, find out who did it, and try to decide whether to and/or how to respond.

I can see Clay going "They can kiss my foot!"

I can see DF holding his hands up, saying, "no comment."

I'm not sure what Jaymes is doing, but I'm pretty sure she isn't having fun, or "basking in the glow."

I also just noticed the hits on my web site jumped considerably in the past couple of hours! When I looked into why, there are tons of people out there searching "Jaymes Foster Levy" and finding my page with her name on it.

Hit counter on AOL Ashes is up to over 43,400.

Anybody checked record sales in the past couple of hours??

Ah, it's fascinating to see the different ways we all see things, process things. Whereas I'm not so squicked out about the interest in getting SOMEbody to confirm or deny or correct the info running rampant out there, I do get a bit uncomfortable with all the baby love talk...just me, now. But to me, thinking about the baby at the Gala or having pictures posted here or there---that to me is kinda weird feeling.

But I have absolutely NO say at all about any of this, so it really doesn't matter what I think! :cryingwlaughter: I will go on record, however, to say that whenever it IS true for sure that Clay has a child, he'll move mountains and kick butt to keep that child as protected and as 'out of the spotlight' as he possible can.

And this man seems to have unlimited titanium so that's all good with me.

I thought, with all this stuff going on, that I'd put my 2 cents in.

First of all, I'm 57. I never really wanted kids, and even now, if I did, I can't. But if I had a younger man in my life , a sweet, good-looking, loving friend, and I could have had kids by him, I'd probably have asked him to help me. In other words, I think this isn't weird. What IS weird is the lack of corroboration of the story from their two camps, especially Clay's. Even though he doesn't OWE us an explanation, he knows how we are...I selfishly think he'd know we NEEDED it.

But then, I admit, I don't really know him, like 99% of the fandom doesn't, even though we feel like we do.

But I still love him. That won't stop. I think he'll be a great Dad.

KAndre's legs are weakly but steadily waving around in the air...

This has had to have been one of the most amusing days in my Clay fandom...true or not...either way, I bet Clay is chortling happily to himself and saying out loud, "Just because they wanna, doesn't mean they need to know...not like it's gonna kill 'em, right, Jaymes?" And Jaymes is contemplating killing him because he can still see his feet.

BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

OK, I almost forgot this with everything going on, but to change the subject a little bit....

Remember my experiment - my market research on OWMH that I did on my co-worker? She is 27 years old. According to the survey I gave her, her favorite artists are Aerosmith, Keith Urban and (are you ready for this?) Ashlee Simpson. Over the weekend I will go into more detail of what she thought of the mystery album (OMWH plus both bonus tracks), but these were her comments that she made about the CD overall after listening to it 4 times:

I really enjoyed this CD. The artist's voice sounded familiar but I couldn't quite figure out who he was exactly. I think a lot of the songs are good enough to be on the radio. I enjoyed the CD as a whole the first time I listened to it and the more I listened, the more I liked the songs!

Her top 3 songs were Ashes, Falling and WOTW. Her least favorite was SAU, followed by LAA and GOG. Oh, and OMWH the song was her 4th favorite.

That said, SAU - her least favorite - she said she had a very high emotional connection and she rated the voice, melody, production, tempo all second from the highest rating! So even though it was her least favorite song, she still really liked it!

BUT, she said she was somewhat unlikely to purchase the CD. She rarely purchases or downloads a full CD - averages one or two a year. But she regularly downloads individual songs.

If this is becoming the norm, no wonder CDs aren't selling well. As much as she seems to have liked the CD (and looking over the rest of her answers, she did like it a lot), she wouldn't likely buy it as a whole.

Thought it was interesting. Like I said, once all this baby talk is done I will go over the survey as a whole.

CG... cool! I think a whole bunch of people would like this cd if they just didn't know who was singing. The prejudice against Clay is mind-boggling!

Just got the cutest text message from my son:

This Clay Aiken CD that someone left in my car is kinda catchy

luckiest... verra verra niiice!!!

Well, I'll be happy for Clay if it is true, but ok if it isn't. I was awake last night realizing that as much as Clay loves children, he would soon realize that he needed to be with that child a lot and how would that work when Jaymes lives in LA and Canada. Would they takes turns living together in the 3 locations? But, I also can't imagine them doing this without really thinking about the different ramifications from all angles, soooo. Now, we wait and see.

I can totally see Clay not saying a word about this unless Jaymes wants to. Whether it is his child or not, he will be very involved with them as long as he and Jaymes are together in whatever capacity. He sure has had her around as more than just EP, that's for sure. So, whether it is Daddy Clay or Uncle Clay, we may not know unless someone hears the child call him one or the other... :cryingwlaughter:

Whateveh... Chamberlain is going to have a playmate! Cool!

muski...

I will go on record, however, to say that whenever it IS true for sure that Clay has a child, he'll move mountains and kick butt to keep that child as protected and as 'out of the spotlight' as he possible can.

muski... totally agree with this!!!

Wouldn't you know that the first time I see Clay's name listed on aol's hot searches it would be for something like this. I still think its good either way. If people are checking him out for the gossip, especially those casual fans, then maybe they'll see he has a great new cd out and check it out. I like to keep positive as much as possible, and hey, it was starting to get really dead on the boards, so now we have something to talk about.

And congrats to Clay, Hannah, and Spamalot.

But I do have a question. Why do people HOPE its true? I can understand being happy for him and Jaymes IF it is true, but why HOPE its true and be disappointed if it isn't true? That I don't get at all.

I think it’s entirely possible to hope it’s true and yet not be disappointed if it isn’t. This IS someone we don’t actually know, after all, so that would be a relatively normal reaction in my book.

Just got the cutest text message from my son:

This Clay Aiken CD that someone left in my car is kinda catchy

Love it!!....isn't it wonderful when "someone" does something like that??

YEAY! YEAY! YEAY!

YES!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I hope it's true because I can't get the vision of happy daddy Clay out of my head right now. I'd love it if he and Jaymes were in love and a couple, with a baby on the way. Or if they love each other as friends and have decided to have a baby together. If it's not true, I will not be disappointed, I will just move on to the next happy vision of Clay in my head. :)

Exactly!!

I am not being snitty, maybe tactless and overly curious.

Nope~not those either!!

Agreed Heidi. When I say I may have a tinge of disappointment if it's not true, I don't mean I'll be crushed. It was just an unexpected thing to have happened and I found it surprisingly oh I don't know the word I'm looking for. sweet? That's not even it. Clay is such a dichotomy...that the entire story could be entirely ridiculous or completely true. heee.

Jaymes Foster?

Forgive me, but I'm still trying to process that....... :imgtongue:

True or not? That is the 6 million dollar question of the day. Actually, I would not be too surprised if it were. Celebrities are really into the "having and adopting babies" fad. Fad is what I call it, anyway. A lot of female celebrities are preggers. I've lost count of how many kids the "Brangelina" brand has adopted, and she is also expecting her own. It's "The Thing To Do" right now. Last year they all had to have small lap dogs to carry around. :cryingwlaughter: Add in the Young male celebs hooking up with cougars and walla. Clay is just keeping up with the Jones. :cryingwlaughter: I seriously can not ship the two together. I know it's been keepingfaith's fantasy for awhile, but Jaymes Foster? I mean seriously, what has she done besides produce Clay's CD? It just seems to me that would be sort of like, well, downgrading. Friends I can see, but not lovers or wedding material. Not trying to bad mouth her, but really, it just strikes me as an odd pairing. However, I can't be all that bent out of shape about it. It's his life not mine. I would just hope that if and when he ever becomes a father, for real, that it is for all the right reasons and not for publicity, or to enhance his chances of becoming one of the "cool" kids.

Actually I have been more entertained by KAndre., than this baby buisness The mental picture of her, on her back, on the floor, with her legs up in the air, getting weaker by the minute, but still flailing, just CMSU............... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Whateveh... Chamberlain is going to have a playmate! Cool!

MAYBE!!!!! We have no reliable confirmation this wacked out story is true!!!!

IT IS NOT CONFIRMED BY ANY RELIABLE SOURCE!!!

Just because its news some of you may like doesn't mean its any more confirmed than all the JP crap was.

I still don't understand why this news makes anyone happy or excited. Its not like this is Clay's last best chance to have a kid! And it screams problems down the line - many more than if he actually fell in love and got married and had kids that way. AND it will make both Jaymes and him even more apt to be tabloid fodder, not to mention the poor unsuspecting kid.

I know Clay loves kids and wants to be a father some day, but now? Under these circumstances? IF this is true - and in my mind by looking at the evidence it is a HUGE IF - I understand it was his choice and I assume he would be thrilled. I just think it is weird and no one can ever convince me he thought this one through.

My God, the woman is old enough to be his mother and IF this is true, she'll be having his kid???? That isn't weird??

Sorry. For every post I read about how wonderful it is - WHEN IT MAY NOT BE TRUE - I get more and more squicked out. So you will just have to put up with my posting how much I hate the idea that it might be true! :P

I will just go on record that I hate everything about it and HOPE it isn't true.

God, just as I thought I was ok with it because I truly believed there is a better chance it isn't true than it is true!

:Ahh:

Clayzor, that has NOT been my fantasy. My fantasies do not involve Clay with other women! :cryingwlaughter:

I think what put me over the line is that picture with Jaymes at Clay's half-sister's place (or wherever) with her kids/husband, and Jamie's there, and Jaymes Foster is holding one of the dogs which looks like it just peed, or needs to, and Clay has his pantlegs rolled up to his knees-- and my first thought was ... this woman must be IN LOVE with him. Seriously, in love.

I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Jaymes Foster?

Forgive me, but I'm still trying to process that....... :imgtongue:

True or not? That is the 6 million dollar question of the day. Actually, I would not be too surprised if it were. Celebrities are really into the "having and adopting babies" fad. Fad is what I call it, anyway. A lot of female celebrities are preggers. I've lost count of how many kids the "Brangelina" brand has adopted, and she is also expecting her own. It's "The Thing To Do" right now. Last year they all had to have small lap dogs to carry around. :cryingwlaughter: Add in the Young male celebs hooking up with cougars and walla. Clay is just keeping up with the Jones. :cryingwlaughter: I seriously can not ship the two together. I know it's been keepingfaith's fantasy for awhile, but Jaymes Foster? I mean seriously, what has she done besides produce Clay's CD? It just seems to me that would be sort of like, well, downgrading. Friends I can see, but not lovers or wedding material. Not trying to bad mouth her, but really, it just strikes me as an odd pairing. However, I can't be all that bent out of shape about it. It's his life not mine. I would just hope that if and when he ever becomes a father, for real, that it is for all the right reasons and not for publicity, or to enhance his chances of becoming one of the "cool" kids.

Actually I have been more entertained by KAndre., than this baby buisness The mental picture of her, on her back, on the floor, with her legs up in the air, getting weaker by the minute, but still flailing, just CMSU............... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Good lord, Clayzorback, I hope you are joking. Because if that's not snark, and maybe even if it is, I find some of your statements utterly revolting. That's what you call "not trying to badmouth" people?

Claygasm...think of is as the YOU being understood. I'm sick of having to type that disclaimer line...IF IT'S TRUE..I think it's just understood.

I don't know Jaymes, but she's seems to be a smart, intelligent woman so I don't think she would be a downgrade for anyone. And I do think if Clay wanted to be a cool kid, he'd do something simple like sing about big butts, for real. There are much simpler ways. I know some people have problems with the older woman thing...I guess that's understandable. It's a common reaction, especially when it's reversed from the norm. But Clay being too good for her, nah!

IF IF IF IF IF IF

ETA: Claygasm just finished your post. But I'm seriously not squicked by the age differences. Demi and Ashton didn't squish me out. It's about time the shoe is on the other damn foot. It's really a lot more common nowadays.

A present for Claygasm

The veracity of TMZ. I am thinking of doing a series on this.

No extra for me today, just like no view, etc. the Crane falling and killing people in NYC is basically taking most of the news.

Inside edition is now doing the Obama friend priest. Yesterday they did Craft made bed ripoffs. How bad is it when tabloid shows carry real news and news shows act like tabloids?

Clayzor, that has NOT been my fantasy. My fantasies do not involve Clay with other women! :cryingwlaughter:

I think what put me over the line is that picture with Jaymes at Clay's half-sister's place (or wherever) with her kids/husband, and Jamie's there, and Jaymes Foster is holding one of the dogs which looks like it just peed, or needs to, and Clay has his pantlegs rolled up to his knees-- and my first thought was ... this woman must be IN LOVE with him. Seriously, in love.

I just call 'em like I see 'em.

kf...I share some of your 'vibes' from this possible pair---always have. I wonder, though, at least in my case how much is my projecting. I've always thought Clay would be attracted to an older, more 'seasoned' woman than to women of his own age group and in many ways Jaymes fits has qualities that Clay has described as being on his wish list for a woman in his life. She's intelligent, mature, independent, accomplished and focused on her own path in life, etc. And the fact that she's older only fueled my own not-so-secret fantasies about Clay as a lover/boyfriend/husband, etc.

Here's something else that I've been thinking too, though. I'm not sure of the exact timing, but I THINK Clay and Jaymes met and got to know each other as Jaymes was extricating herself from a long marriage and then, very soon after that Clay was put through the hell from the swamp creature. I can imagine them being very, very comforting and supportive of each other during those times. They seem to have many connections beyond business; we've already seen how David Foster and Clay meshed; seems like the Foster family and Clay have found a home in some regards in each other. What a wonderful feeling for Clay!

So if the romantic connection is not there between them, I can still be very, very happy to know just how close these two are and how much they mean to each other (whether or not the alleged baby has any alleged Clay swimmers responsible for its alleged existence! :cryingwlaughter: ). Jaymes is okay in my book. Any woman who appreciates just how special Clay Aiken is has my thanks and high regard. Personally, I can't fathom being so close to Clay withOUT becoming totally and madly in love with him in a way beyond helping him find good songs and record producers to work with. :hubbahubba: But then, I'm weak. :sleezy:

Well, hell - I thought my mother was just totally DISGUSTING that she had the nerve to get preggers when she was all of (KAndre begin counting fingers, takes off shoes and starts on toes, realizes she's gonna have to borrow somebody else's toes and just clicks on the calculator) 38! I was in junior high school! How could she embarrass me like that! Hmph! And looking back from the perspective of 47 (and still enjoying many activities that apparently some may considered age inappropriate), what floats someone's else boat is just that...what floats their boats. I don't date blonds, dudes under 5'10", people with criminal records or anyone without a basic grasp of geography. Just about anything else goes. No one on the outside of a relationship knows what people see in each other - so the idea that someone thinks someone's "downgrading" tends to blow my mind - for all we know, Jaymes could be a tantric master and makes Clay speak in tongues after she finishes with him. Guys like that kinds of stuff. And no, I won't tell you how I know.

I don't have a problem with younger guys with older women, couchie. I've been lusting him for years. :cryingwlaughter: I don't have a problem with a friend donating sperm. I don't have a problem with Clay being a daddy, if that is what he wants. I don't have a problem with any of it. I just can't ship them together and I find it an odd pairing. I always find it interesting to see who people pair up with. I love celebrity gossip etc. When you think about all the women Clay could have or get, though, I just find it odd that he would choose Jaymes. I know he isn't the superstar we think he is but he is a big celebrity and one would assume him to pair up with someone of equal status and standing. Nothing personal was meant against Jaymes. However I will confess to not being a huge fan of her or her brother David. Clay's friends do not have to be my friends, do they? People shouldn't make any more out of that than was intended. Like I said, I'm still processing and musing and talking out loud, I suppose you could say.

Someone finally mentioned this to me. My BFF heard it on the radio while driving and calls me and first thing she says...why didn;t you tell me that Clay impregnated his 50 year old roommate??? BWAH

oh dear...after I told her its not really confirmed cos there are conflicting accounts and that its his Excutive producer, sister of David Foster and judge in that show Pop start (that she remembered...hee)...she asked me the question of ...WHY? she's 50 yrs old! Then I thought about it and I told her that if this is true its not that weird cos Jaymes is a really attractive woman, she looks like she is only in her 40's to me. I also told her that they have been very close for years and that she seem really supportive and seem to understand him. If she needed help to conceive a child I can see him doing it.

Clayzor I really disagree with the notion that she is not good enough. Or thats a step down. Jaymes is a smart woman who has a good career of her own. She is not some dumb bimbo Clay met in a club. I don;t get whats so bad about this kind of relationship. It also never occurred to me that this is a publicity ploy or done to be cool. THAT is so not Clay! If they did this I believe its because he loves her and has very strong bonds with her.

ADMIN NOTE:

At this point I would like to remind people that Jaymes is a special person in Clays life and hope that we can discuss this without disrespecting her or getting too invasive with her personal life.

ADMIN NOTE:

At this point I would like to remind people that Jaymes is a special person in Clays life and hope that we can discuss this without disrespecting her or getting too invasive with her personal life.

Ansa - I feel the need for this to be more prominent....... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, hell - I thought my mother was just totally DISGUSTING that she had the nerve to get preggers when she was all of (KAndre begin counting fingers, takes off shoes and starts on toes, realizes she's gonna have to borrow somebody else's toes and just clicks on the calculator) 38! I was in junior high school! How could she embarrass me like that! Hmph!

And I was the "demon" child -- my Mom had me when I was 40; my oldest sister was 17 at the time, my other sister 16. My brother was 11. They were appalled...and then they got used to it. *g*

what floats someone's else boat is just that...what floats their boats.

No one on the outside of a relationship knows what people see in each other

Once again, I throw bling in the direction of KAndre...

for all we know, Jaymes could be a tantric master and makes Clay speak in tongues after she finishes with him. Guys like that kinds of stuff. And no, I won't tell you how I know.

BWAH!