#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Oh for heaven's sake. cha cha I don't think ANSAMCW needs to sticky her admin post for me to see. I was merely expressing my thoughts about the situation. Same as everyone else. I was not planning on sitting here and raking her over the coals or calling her names or being disrespectful. In fact I haven't done that at all. I swear I am writing and speaking English, but apparently not. Being shocked or surprised that Clay would be with Jaymes is not the same thing as disrespecting her. Is it? Oh well, delete it if you want.

It's really none of our damn business who Jaymes' baby's father is.

(However, I got up and ran to the computer at 7:30 this morning just in case someone decided to share.)

:cryingwlaughter: Ditto!

My mom was 38 when she had my youngest sister and I was completely embarrassed, but she also spoke with a heavy German accent, wore housedresses when everyone else was wearing pant suits, and wore heavy red lipstick. So I had issues, however I did come to appreciate her later. Plus, our parents are supposed to embarrass us so we can then do the same to our children. I do it as much as possible with my own kids because I totally enjoy it. They squicked out about the possible news because of the age difference so let them know that we older women are not dead yet. I should be so lucky, if they are of course a couple. If I was his exec producer, I sure would be trying.

Lurker calling the eHP-- Cheez Doodles are on sale at my local grocery-- do I need to bring some or did PerusingOne already load you up? I'll be in town late Tuesday, busy Friday and Saturday nights, headed home Sunday evening. My only duties are to give all family PC's a good cleanup and assorted upgrades, and hang with my sisters and mom a bit. Several of you have met one or more of my sistren-- we are quite a sight when you get us all together. Graduation girl and my own demon spawn probably won't care if I'm around or not. I am up for lunch or happy hour or just about anything except knitting.

Yessss! We're all out of Cheez Doodles!!! MUAH! So... Wed or Thursday night and Saturday lunch are fine? (we have a lot of gossip friendship stuff to catch up on!) Do you want to trust us with the food choices (heh!) or will you name your favorite restaurants/cuisine? If you don't pick, we might default on Greek/Italian since we didn't get to do those last weekend.

Agreed Heidi. When I say I may have a tinge of disappointment if it's not true, I don't mean I'll be crushed. It was just an unexpected thing to have happened and I found it surprisingly oh I don't know the word I'm looking for. sweet? That's not even it. Clay is such a dichotomy...that the entire story could be entirely ridiculous or completely true. heee.

Sweet and cute are how I'd describe it! Hoping it's true but wouldn't be crushed if it isn't, as long as the mediabase and sales numbers continue to rise! (couchie, this is my win-win situation)

Well, hell - I thought my mother was just totally DISGUSTING that she had the nerve to get preggers when she was all of (KAndre begin counting fingers, takes off shoes and starts on toes, realizes she's gonna have to borrow somebody else's toes and just clicks on the calculator) 38! I was in junior high school! How could she embarrass me like that! Hmph!

And you'd all be deprived of my awesomeness if women didn't do that since my mom was 42 when she had me. *high-five's ldyj and looks around suspiciously for the one who yelled, "We shouldda outlawed it!"*

Hey Muski, when I was helping Mini-Scarlett move to college, people thought I was an incoming freshman too.

Agreeing with Ansa as well...

ADMIN NOTE:

At this point I would like to remind people that Jaymes is a special person in Clays life and hope that we can discuss this without disrespecting her or getting too invasive with her personal life.

Hmmm, anyone wonder if the word god was dropped from godfather?

E! was rather odd tonight, while it went into the details. I t did not show a picture of Jaymes but did a whole segment on the Virgni signing of OMWH and then went into the various hair styles Clay wore over the years. How odd. Worth a look

Clay is just keeping up with the Jones. I seriously can not ship the two together. I know it's been keepingfaith's fantasy for awhile, but Jaymes Foster? I mean seriously, what has she done besides produce Clay's CD? It just seems to me that would be sort of like, well, downgrading. Friends I can see, but not lovers or wedding material. Not trying to bad mouth her, but really, it just strikes me as an odd pairing. However, I can't be all that bent out of shape about it. It's his life not mine. I would just hope that if and when he ever becomes a father, for real, that it is for all the right reasons and not for publicity, or to enhance his chances of becoming one of the "cool" kids.

Oh, see, I feel that is pretty disrepectful and insulting. And I guess I don't understand how anyone could think of Clay doing something like this for such crass reasons. It is not like he has done anything like that previously.

Hmmmm......I lived with a guy who was 13 years younger than me for about 8 years.....one of the reasons I finally bid adieu (when I was 46) was because he was ridiculously fixated on having sex. All the time. Yikes, TMI!!!! And the next year I was working in the Hague, and was wooed and won - once I got over my disbelief - by a quite handsome 28 year old New Zealander who was working on the same project at the phone company with me. We had a lovely time for a couple of years, but the long distance thing was hard to do when I went back to Florida and he went on to Dubai. In both cases, we were just two people who loved each other's company and never gave a thought to the age thing. In both cases, the guy brought up marriage and children, but I already had a teenager and was not anxious to start over. (Next I took up with someone my own age, and he was lovely, too!)

Never occurred to any of us that other people would have an opinion of us that we would give a shit about, really. And that age thing has some real benefits on both sides:-)

Hey play I thought it was a great ad for the CD and it was really odd there was no pic of her. They had one of the babyuncle!

Warning Rant ahead!

I was just over at the OFC. I have never read posts quite like it. Talk about holier than thou! Clay owes me nothing! I don't care if he ever comments on this! I don't think he needs to! It's his business and not mine! In fact I hope he doesn't comment! The world is not going to end becauseof this! I want to rant over there but I would probably get booted.

Quite a few are talking about leaving...well go it will mean my chance at a Meet & Greet just got better! [/rant]

Thanks I feel so much better now(TM Night Court judge's dad*g*)

I don't have a problem with younger guys with older women, couchie. I've been lusting him for years. :cryingwlaughter: I don't have a problem with a friend donating sperm. I don't have a problem with Clay being a daddy, if that is what he wants. I don't have a problem with any of it. I just can't ship them together and I find it an odd pairing. I always find it interesting to see who people pair up with. I love celebrity gossip etc. When you think about all the women Clay could have or get, though, I just find it odd that he would choose Jaymes. I know he isn't the superstar we think he is but he is a big celebrity and one would assume him to pair up with someone of equal status and standing. Nothing personal was meant against Jaymes. However I will confess to not being a huge fan of her or her brother David. Clay's friends do not have to be my friends, do they? People shouldn't make any more out of that than was intended. Like I said, I'm still processing and musing and talking out loud, I suppose you could say.

What I 'make out of that' is thoroughly insulting, both to Jaymes and to Clay. Only you know what you intended.

I don't have a problem with you not liking Jaymes and not being thrilled about this rumor, Clayzorback. My problem was with the way you choose to express that opinion, in what I feel is a derogatory way not only toward Jaymes, but also toward Clay. All kinds of motives will be attributed to them for taking this step, if indeed any of it is true, and no doubt they anticipated ungenerous reactions.

If there IS to be a baby, there's no doubt in my mind that Clay will consider this becoming a father "for real" and for the "right reasons"...not following a celebrity fad, hooking up with a cougar, trying to be a cool kid or to gain publicity for himself. Laughing emoticons aside, I think attributing those motives to either of them is...(insert negative descriptor here).

While writing this, I see you posted again:

I was merely expressing my thoughts about the situation. Same as everyone else. I was not planning on sitting here and raking her over the coals or calling her names or being disrespectful. In fact I haven't done that at all. I swear I am writing and speaking English, but apparently not. Being shocked or surprised that Clay would be with Jaymes is not the same thing as disrespecting her. Is it? Oh well, delete it if you want.

Again, it is not your shock and surprise about Jaymes that feels disrespectful to me, but describing her as not 'equal to his status and standing'...someone "less than" those other women Clay could have...a cougar...a means to a publicity end...downgrading...following the pregnancy fad...not lover/wedding material...of no account (what has she done besides produce cds).

Hey, I don't know her. Don't know much of anything about her. But somehow I doubt Clay agrees with your assessment of her worth, whether they are actually having a baby together or not. Describing either of them in those ways, in my opinion, does both of them a disservice.

I don't take offense easily and I'm not good at confrontation, so yeah. That's all.

Clay is just keeping up with the Jones. :cryingwlaughter: I seriously can not ship the two together. I know it's been keepingfaith's fantasy for awhile, but Jaymes Foster? I mean seriously, what has she done besides produce Clay's CD?

Wow. I think "keeping up with the Jones's" is probably about the last thing on Clay's 'priorities in life' list........and since when does a person's resume have to do with their love life? We fall in love with who we fall in love with......sometimes it happens when we least expect it, with someone who we least expect. If that is what happened here...........good for them. Just good for them. :wub: Plus, I've always felt there was some attraction there, just from pictures and videos I've seen of the two of them. Used to quite enjoy the innocent shipping that went on, before the whole 'Santa Monica' thing made me start puking. But now, I'm quite enjoying it again! :cryingwlaughter:

Jaymes is okay in my book. Any woman who appreciates just how special Clay Aiken is has my thanks and high regard.

WORD!

Hope someone capped the E! segment.

Used to quite enjoy the innocent shipping that went on, before the whole 'Santa Monica' thing made me start puking. But now, I'm quite enjoying it again!

Word on the enjoyment, and double-word on the puking.

Hmmm, anyone wonder if the word god was dropped from godfather?

E! was rather odd tonight, while it went into the details. I t did not show a picture of Jaymes but did a whole segment on the Virgni signing of OMWH and then went into the various hair styles Clay wore over the years. How odd. Worth a look

:cryingwlaughter:

I'm sorry. I just find this funny. Although, in all seriousness, I am glad that they didn't do quite the dirt digging it sounded like they were planning to regarding Jaymes. But Clay's hair over the years?? Bwah!

:cryingwlaughter:

From dancermom at CH:

And now for something completely different....

.I got my Easter Bonnet DVD today...and The Prayer is divine. They have Bradley Dean's performance in the beginning and I was panicking..Clay...where is Clay....but that was just an intro and they showed Clay and Hannah in the Main part of the DVD under Spamalot. It is so worth it. The audio is out of this world. There is still clapping and some laughter but it is very tamped down. And you can so see him...and he looks gorgoues!!!

My mom was 38 when she had my youngest sister and I was completely embarrassed, but she also spoke with a heavy German accent, wore housedresses when everyone else was wearing pant suits, and wore heavy red lipstick. So I had issues, however I did come to appreciate her later. Plus, our parents are supposed to embarrass us so we can then do the same to our children. I do it as much as possible with my own kids because I totally enjoy it. They squicked out about the possible news because of the age difference so let them know that we older women are not dead yet. I should be so lucky, if they are of course a couple. If I was his exec producer, I sure would be trying.

There is a saying I often quote to my kids along the lines of " If you're not embarassing your kids then you're not doing your job right"!

I don't have a problem with younger guys with older women, couchie. I've been lusting him for years. :cryingwlaughter: I don't have a problem with a friend donating sperm. I don't have a problem with Clay being a daddy, if that is what he wants. I don't have a problem with any of it. I just can't ship them together and I find it an odd pairing. I always find it interesting to see who people pair up with. I love celebrity gossip etc. When you think about all the women Clay could have or get, though, I just find it odd that he would choose Jaymes. I know he isn't the superstar we think he is but he is a big celebrity and one would assume him to pair up with someone of equal status and standing. Nothing personal was meant against Jaymes. However I will confess to not being a huge fan of her or her brother David. Clay's friends do not have to be my friends, do they? People shouldn't make any more out of that than was intended. Like I said, I'm still processing and musing and talking out loud, I suppose you could say.

What I 'make out of that' is thoroughly insulting, both to Jaymes and to Clay. Only you know what you intended.

I don't have a problem with you not liking Jaymes and not being thrilled about this rumor, Clayzorback. My problem was with the way you choose to express that opinion, in what I feel is a derogatory way not only toward Jaymes, but also toward Clay. All kinds of motives will be attributed to them for taking this step, if indeed any of it is true, and no doubt they anticipated ungenerous reactions.

If there IS to be a baby, there's no doubt in my mind that Clay will consider this becoming a father "for real" and for the "right reasons"...not following a celebrity fad, hooking up with a cougar, trying to be a cool kid or to gain publicity for himself. Laughing emoticons aside, I think attributing those motives to either of them is...(insert negative descriptor here).

While writing this, I see you posted again:

I was merely expressing my thoughts about the situation. Same as everyone else. I was not planning on sitting here and raking her over the coals or calling her names or being disrespectful. In fact I haven't done that at all. I swear I am writing and speaking English, but apparently not. Being shocked or surprised that Clay would be with Jaymes is not the same thing as disrespecting her. Is it? Oh well, delete it if you want.

Again, it is not your shock and surprise about Jaymes that feels disrespectful to me, but describing her as not 'equal to his status and standing'...someone "less than" those other women Clay could have...a cougar...a means to a publicity end...downgrading...following the pregnancy fad...not lover/wedding material...of no account (what has she done besides produce cds).

Hey, I don't know her. Don't know much of anything about her. But somehow I doubt Clay agrees with your assessment of her worth, whether they are actually having a baby together or not. Describing either of them in those ways, in my opinion, does both of them a disservice.

I don't take offense easily and I'm not good at confrontation, so yeah. That's all.

You know what? I find your post to me more revolting and insulting than anything I said about Jaymes and Clay's supposed parenthood. In fact I find it downright disrespectful. Your free to interpret my words anyway you wish. They are mine, I own them, and if they revolt or insult you then I'm sure there is something you can take for that.

I'm glad you seem to know what is in Clay's mind and what he would or wouldn't do. What is or are not his motives. What they anticipated people would say. How he really feels. Etc etc etc....'Cause I sure don't. I don't plan to change a word I said and I don't have a problem if he reads them. I'm sure he can understand exactly what I was trying to say without being revolted or disgusted or insulted. Or taking it so personally. Have a good evening..........

Um, yeah. The above works for me.

Ya know, I don’t think women in general need any more “help” in the stereotyping against older women that goes on these days. From what I’ve seen of Jaymes Foster, and how Clay reacts to her, he should BE so lucky as to be involved with her. True or not.

Clayzorback wrote:

You know what? I find your post to me more revolting and insulting than anything I said about Jaymes and Clay's supposed parenthood. In fact I find it downright disrespectful. Your free to interpret my words anyway you wish. They are mine, I own them, and if they revolt or insult you then I'm sure there is something you can take for that.

I'm glad you seem to know what is in Clay's mind and what he would or wouldn't do. What is or are not his motives. What they anticipated people would say. How he really feels. Etc etc etc....'Cause I sure don't. I don't plan to change a word I said and I don't have a problem if he reads them. I'm sure he can understand exactly what I was trying to say without being revolted or disgusted or insulted. Or taking it so personally. Have a good evening..........

If I have misjudged you, please accept my apologies.

I'm telling y'all...go read "Sex and the Seasoned Woman" by Gail Sheehy. How serendipitous that I chose that book at Border's discounted book section last weekend! Best $4.99 I've ever spent! AND with all this talk about younger men with older women and what attracts people and whatnot, I swear it's as if it were all planned that I should be reading this when TMZ dropped their bomb.

I haven't sought a shelter, however, because I'm still not counting on that bomb to be more than a typical TMZ dud. I just hope that if it DOES prove to be false, there is some legal recourse that Clay and Jaymes seek, if they choose. Seems to me that this kind of thing goes beyond mere bullying or name calling. God knows other celebrities have sued tabloids and sewer sites for less and won. If Clay's involvement in this pregnancy (assuming she IS pregnant) is no more than loving friend and most likely doting godfather for life, then he MUST be able to claim slander/libel/detriment to career, image, etc. (unless, of course, if as Scarlett hopes, it actually increases cd sales! :cryingwlaughter: ) and Jaymes could claim and deserve damages for emotional stress and potential physical harm...

I'm not normally a litigious kinda gal...but if there's not DNA connection between Clay and that baby? Hell..I'm all for 'here come da' judge...here come da' judge!"

Sooooo....E is talking about Clay's hair? okay, that's just BWAH! Did People ever retract their story as it is alleged the Foster camp demanded they do?

Like sands in an hourglass...so are the days of our lives.... :scream::drama::andthetruth:

The last day and a half has been a real roller coaster ride for me- a ride I have chosen to keep off of the boards, because I confess that I'm not particularly proud of some of my reactions. My good friend from CV who originally e-mailed me the news at work yesterday sent me a lovely e-mail today that I wish I had brought home with me- it went a long way toward easing my mind.

I guess my overall feelings are this: if any or all of the information we have now turns out to be true, my fervent hope is that Clay and Jaymes are truly in a love relationship, and that they will be sharing this adventure TOGETHER. I think it's pretty clear from Clay's liner note thanks to Jaymes in ATDW just how much he thinks of her- and ideally, the feeling would be mutual.

If they are indeed "just friends" and he is doing this to help her out, I HOPE that it is not because he doesn't forsee a true love relationship in his future. For some reason, the words to "Lover All Alone" are echoing through my head. "For all I know, th feeling and the picture that I've tried so hard to find, isn't mine" This hurts my heart, and I truly hope that I'm wrong.

I am not expecting to hear anything from Clay at all. I think he's drawn his line in the sand as far as tabloid journalism goes, and has no plans to dignify it with an answer- whether it is accurate or totally fabricated. (Wouldn't mind being wrong, though!)

OK, I want to know more about that picture that kf was talking about with jaymes holding a dog and Clay with his pants legs rolled up. I personally like looking at Clay's legs and I've never seen this one.

And even though I think the reason Clay hasn't blogged or addressed this is because he is doing Unicef stuff, which ultimately is more important than the any rumors, I still hope we hear something just so we can move on. And personally, if some of the people that were posting some of that judgemental, holier than thou stuff at the OFC needed to move on, then I am ready to see them go. I have no problem with someone being shocked or needing some time to adjust, but to say that Clay isn't who they thought he was, or he has disappointed them makes me want to hit something. He isn't living his life for them, nor should he, and a lot of those posting that stuff are ones who piss me off on a regular basis anyway so I would not be sorry to see them go. I know that is being intolerant, but sometimes they get on my last nerve.

More from dancermom about the Broadway Cares DVD:

for one thing when you open up the menus...the background music is Clay and Hannah singing The Prayer...and that is really cool!!!! The video itself is really professionally done...great camera work with close ups of Clay and Hannah where the lighting is perfection and you can see him and he isn't all washed out. The sound?? It's through a sound board so the audio is so much better and the audience sounds while there are barely there. His hair was amazing that night. I couldn't see that in our fan video.

Here is the picture you are looking for justclay12, from CH. Apparently the people other than Jaymes and Clay are Jamie and her family.

The following post is not about whether or not I like this whole rumor!! :clap:

But it is a bit related.....

Its about the media. The mainstream media that seemingly has picked this story up and is reporting it as FACT when the ONLY source is a gossip site known to exaggerate, mislead, maybe even LIE. My mother told me that she heard about it on our local ABC affiliate's news. This is what she said they said - that Clay was going to be a father. He had donated his sperm to some 50 year old woman (she couldn't remember who she was) and she is expecting the baby sometime this summer. However he will play a role in the child's life. Absolutely no mention where this information came from. Absolutely no mention that it had not been confirmed by anyone on either side. Absolutely no mention that Jaymes' former sister-in-law and friend told a Canadian paper that Jaymes was indeed pregnant but Clay was not the father. Nope, just mentioned it as fact, like the traffic jam on the expressway. The only source is TMZ - a gossip site who sited "unnamed sources"! This is the same kind of site that reported the crap, yet no one reported that on mainstream TV as fact!

I do not get it. Why is it so easy to believe this when reported by a site like TMZ and not confirmed by anyone close to the situation, even by those in this fandom, yet no one would take TMZ's word for it if they were reporting he was caught trolling for men on the internet? I do not get it. What happened to checking your sources? What happened to consider your source for that matter? And why aren't more in this fandom - or anywhere - taking out that handy dandy salt lick this time???? This story has no more factual validity than the crap did. Yet people are believing it so easily. Even the mainstream media.

Just does not make sense.

By the way, my mother found the whole story very odd. When I filled her in on the fact that it had not been confirmed by either side she asked "Why don't they (Clay and/or Jaymes) just say something one way or the other?" Yeah, that. I told her Clay has made it a policy to not comment on gossip so maybe that is why. When I told her about the former sister-in-law's comments she wondered why that wasn't reported. Good question.

What will they do if it ever comes out that Clay is NOT the sperm donor to Jaymes' baby? Will they report that? Probably not. They just don't seem to care about facts and truth anymore.

The fact that mainstream media regards TMZ as a reliable source is very scary to me.

Very.

On the other hand, my mother asked if I had seen Clay on Leno last night. I told her it was a rerun but asked what she thought. She said he was very funny but he was just too pretty for a man! :cryingwlaughter:

And by the way, my mother was 36 when I was born. But my father was not 16.

I'm back! Yeah, I know, probably no one even noticed I wasn't here! Our internet was down all afternoon...have I said how much I hate Comcast?

So, the topic de jour...I hope it is true, I want it to be true and I will be a disappointed if it is not because I like Jaymes. I agree with Keepingfaith's assessment; go back and re-read his thank you to her on the ATDW CD...lots of admiration and love there.

I do not for one minute think that Clay and Jaymes did not think through all the ramifications of having a child...how it would be percieved by the fans, the press and how it would affect both their lives and careers. Clay is not a stupid man.

So she is older than him...love has no age bounderies and yeah I do think they love each other...so call me a hopeless romantic.

Was thinking about the story he told of "As Long As We're Here" and how it led him to Jaymes and I think it is a perfect "How I Met Your Mother" story...he was so excited telling it.

But that said, I don't think we are going to hear anything from Clay until after the baby is born; The Foster family issued a statement saying they would not comment until after the birth and if they are not talking, I don't think Clay will be either.

And that is fine with me...he doesn't owe me an explanation...but I can still hope and dream for him and I hope come August I can send him and Jaymes my sincerest congratulations.

Kim