#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Iseeme I feel you pain. I wish you had been around when this first broke so I had some company! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I agree that by the nature of Clay's CHOSEN profession he has sacrificed some element of his personal life. May not be right, but it is the way it is. I also think IF this is all true he HAD to know what would happen when the news broke - and he had to know there was a good chance it wouldn't break the way he may want it to. The man has been the subject of all sorts of tabloid speculation so he KNOWS. I don't think he is naive. He had to know what a sensational - and easy to distort - story this would make for the tabloids. And he had to know the implications that would be be made about him. He had to. If he didn't, he didn't think things through or he is incredibly naive.

He HAD to know that much of the fandom would react with shock, disbelief or just think the whole thing was WEIRD. He even had to know some would be disappointed in him, think it immoral or be disgusted. And he had to know some would be thrilled for him and supportive.

With all that in mind, IF this is true, he could have made a preemptive strike and made the announcement himself awhile ago. While it wouldn't have stopped anything, it would have made the first news of this coming from a legitimate source - himself - not TMZ. That gives him a certain amount of control. AND I think by doing that it would have helped his fans deal with this and yes, I think he owes us that. He is nothing without us. I don't mean to sound full of myself, but ANY celebrity NEEDS their fans to keep doing their job. If no one buys their product, they are out of a job. And Clay has chosen to create a type of dialogue with us - yet he shut it down here.

I am not saying he isn't entitled to his privacy. He is. But as a celebrity, as a public figure, the reality is he has lost a great deal of his privacy. Having a baby is not private because it is out there for all to see. To me, the private part is how this baby was conceived and the details of his relationship with Jaymes. IMO, he doesn't owe us or anyone an explanation of that. But he does owe us a confirm or deny on the rumor.

That said, I also acknowledge that no matter what, the wink, wink, nudge, nudge would stlll continue. For the people who think he is gay, this just plays right into that. IMO this needs to be addresses. Even if there are potential lawsuits involved, a simple "Yes, Jaymes and I are having a baby. We're thrilled. Hope you are too." or "Don't believe everything you hear" would help a great deal.

In the perfect world he could could carry-on with his private life as if he were still the school teacher back in NC, but this is not a perfect world.

Shit. I need to leave for work. I had promised myself not to discuss this anymore, but seeing Iseeme going through a lot of I went through the last few days made me feel I needed to speak up and support her position. I know what its like to feel you're all alone.

And yes, discussing it solves nothing. It won't change a thing, but for some of us, it helps us work through things. Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to do something when you feel something desperately needs to be done.

I don't sit still for anyone giving me shit about anything anymore, and yep, I rarely talk to my niece and her husband anymore because hearing Clay is Gay talk at their Born Again dinner table just proved them to be hypocritical - it was not the fact that it was Clay, it was the fact that they were so comfy jeering at someone for being gay. I only have so much time here on earth, and I am not gonna share it with fools if I don't have to.

The most vocal, proselytizing, self-proclaimed saved sinners that I'm acquainted with, just happen to be the people most likely to make sexist, racist comments, including ugly jokes to put other people down. One of them actually tried to argue that poor people are poor because they are lazy. On more than one occasion I've had to tell someone that I can't go to their church because I would have to lower my moral standards to attend. Yeah, when I meet somebody who tries to feed me a big dose of bigotry while telling me how much they love Jesus, I can usually ask them what church they go to and not be surprised at the answer.

Gosh, I didn't realize how many people were feeling down about things. {{{Hugs to everyone who need them}}}

I wish things were better. But this is how things work. That world that Clay sings about in MGUCL? It doesn't exist. What we have is our world today. It isn't fair. Being good or deserving or working hard or being the "best" doesn't guarantee that things go your way. S**T happens. But here and there, sometimes good things come and if we keep chugging along, good will prevail. Babies are always nice because they help us remember what is good about everything. They bring joy and hope.

Each of us (including Clay) needs to find joy in ourselves (nope, nobody swallowed it). There's no one else who's going to provide this and so we need to take care of ourselves; what good does reading and responding to nasty stuff do? Nasty people will always exist, like cockroaches. Responding angrily to them will not change things. There are some good people out there and we need to surround ourselves with the right sort. Family, we can't choose, but we don't have to take cr*p from them either.

Meanwhile, play nice songs and good interviews -- like the AP Broadway one. Get some hyacinths for the soul. Hang with good people. Laugh at the nasty ones.

I'm not so worried about Clay because I think he knows how to handle things like these. Somehow, more than ever, I think he's going to be ok. Really.

We should all memorize this.

Scarlett, how can you be so cute with such an innocent face, and yet be so wise? Thanks for sharing your wit and wisdom.

I don't always respond to posts that turn my head, either this way or that, but it's my negligence and I'm sorry I've lacked the consideration to thank people for saying/writing things that have had a profound impact on me.

I've had plenty of friends and many wonderful experiences in my life, yet somewhere in the back of my head was a little voice saying where are my people, where are my people. I'm sure that sounds completely batshit crazy, but I've never felt that I've been around people who think like me and I've compromised and understood and been patient with the people in my life, like forever. Anyway, I found my people -- and what do you know, turns out they are Clay Aiken fans. This is something I realized before I ever met even one of you in person. It has nothing to do with traveling or going to concerts or any social thing ... I just found a group of supportive and giving and open-minded people and the glue is Clay Aiken. I needed this moment of self-disclosure. You are my people.

FINally!

This could be my very first post. Another Clay fan sent me a picture of Clay with other artists and President Bush. She said he performed for the President last night. If this is true, it shows that he's still busy performing with very little time for gossips.

I don't really know how to copy and post the picture here.

G'Morning!

If you're a member at clayaikenpix, they have more pics up this morning.

:)

ETA:

I cannot believe it.

I hope somebody is suing some medical emplyee and that's the reason for the silence because TMZ is saying that the baby is a boy.

I'm sure I'll cool down, but right now I am mad as hell!

This is PRIVATE business!

My mom was a nurse and my DH is an MRI/XRAY technologist and they both held the privacy of patients paramount!

I'm pissed!

TMZ is apparently putting more stuff up this morning. I haven't gone over to look, but they are saying "it's a boy" and there is a 14 second video of Clay leaving the concert last night, being asked about the baby, and possibly pushing the camera away. Depends whose take you read. Here are a couple from CH (yes I peeked again):

the TMZ clip -

Clay coming out of a building last night, in his tux.

Camera man focusing on him, saying "congrats on the new baby" and "Clay' do you have a name for the baby?" Clay seems to be pushing past the guy, then the video gets messed up giving the IMPRESSION that Clay pushed the camera man.

I say "impression" because it's a site where that's what they do - they go up to celebs, ask outrageous questions and TRY TO GET A RESPONSE like that. I believe that when they don't get someone to be rude on camera, they fake that the person pushed the camera.

I watched it. It wasn't any fake-Clay reached out with that big hand of his and shoved that camera-probably halfway up the guy's nose! And the look on his face...I was like, you GO boy! heh.

He HAD to know that much of the fandom would react with shock, disbelief or just think the whole thing was WEIRD. He even had to know some would be disappointed in him, think it immoral or be disgusted. And he had to know some would be thrilled for him and supportive.

Sure - and parts of the fandom react this way to freaking changes of hair color. The key point to me is that I am NOT a member of the fandom that spazzes out. I believe most of the fandom are the same. I also believe he is not going to pander to "the fandom" with details about his sex life.

With all that in mind, IF this is true, he could have made a preemptive strike and made the announcement himself awhile ago. While it wouldn't have stopped anything, it would have made the first news of this coming from a legitimate source - himself - not TMZ. That gives him a certain amount of control. AND I think by doing that it would have helped his fans deal with this and yes, I think he owes us that. He is nothing without us. I don't mean to sound full of myself, but ANY celebrity NEEDS their fans to keep doing their job. If no one buys their product, they are out of a job. And Clay has chosen to create a type of dialogue with us - yet he shut it down here.

Who is this "no one" and "us" of whom you speak? And part of Clay's dialogue with us has always been that his private life is, well, private.

I am not saying he isn't entitled to his privacy. He is. But as a celebrity, as a public figure, the reality is he has lost a great deal of his privacy. Having a baby is not private because it is out there for all to see. To me, the private part is how this baby was conceived and the details of his relationship with Jaymes. IMO, he doesn't owe us or anyone an explanation of that. But he does owe us a confirm or deny on the rumor.

Yes, you are saying he has no right to his privacy. Just what would you consider too private? And having a baby is private unless you sell the event to the tabloids. Yes, of course you can SEE the baby, but it is no one's business about the details.

That said, I also acknowledge that no matter what, the wink, wink, nudge, nudge would stlll continue. For the people who think he is gay, this just plays right into that. IMO this needs to be addresses.

Addressing this has never ever helped, not even once. In fact, I think any statement from Clay would just give this thing legs.

Even if there are potential lawsuits involved, a simple "Yes, Jaymes and I are having a baby. We're thrilled. Hope you are too." or "Don't believe everything you hear" would help a great deal.

Help who? And I am not sure exactly what kind of lawsuits would be potential, but all this just to make some fans feel better? You consider that your feelings or that fact that you personally may never buy another CD trump his private life? I feel Clay is pretty clear on how he feels about this.

In the perfect world he could could carry-on with his private life as if he were still the school teacher back in NC, but this is not a perfect world.

We can strive for that perfect world, we shouldn't use that as a wedge or an excuse. The buck really does stop here. If anyone is desperate to know more, they have a problem, IMO.

I am not trying to pick on you, I am just trying to show why it seems that most fans here do not agree with you. No one is telling you you need to think differently - I, for one, would appreciate it if you would not act as if you are speaking for or about "The Fans" or "us", because I cannot be lumped into that faction. You mentioned how alone you feel with your opinions, that is because we are not "the fans", we are individuals with individual reactions. You can really only speak for yourself.

by the time I edited my post the page had turned, so . . .

I cannot believe it.

I hope somebody is suing some medical emplyee and that's the reason for the silence because TMZ is saying that the baby is a boy.

I'm sure I'll cool down, but right now I am mad as hell!

This is PRIVATE business!

My mom was a nurse and my DH is an MRI/XRAY technologist and they both held the privacy of patients paramount!

I'm pissed!

Nobody gives me shit about anything enough to upset me - you make me unhappy, I will make your life a living hell. I have to admit I don't understand why anyone would apparently feel the need someone they love, like or work for feel that bad...

As to the announcement of the pregnancy, maybe I'm just looking at this from my point of view, but as for some sort of official announcement, Clay owes us jack shit. You see women you think are pregnant everyday. You don't get to ask them who's it is or if they are just fat. You don't get to see their children's birth certificate. For all you know, Jaymes has decided to put down "Zeus" as the father - at least in Texas, the mother can put down what the hell she wants or nothing at all. Because no matter who the hell it is, it's nobody else's business. Hell, over the last year, I have spent probably a few grand here and there on Clay - over the last five years, a significant amount of money. It is NOT enough for Clay to live off of. No one in here has spent enough on Clay Aiken individually for him to live off - collectively, yes - but chicks, this ain't a damn collective. We don't get a vote. And the only say we get is whether we keep spending money. And even if by some credible stretch of the imagination, you did spend enough to support him, it wasn't a gift out of the kindness of your heart - you either got CDs or a concert or a Broadway show or what the hell ever. You individually did not give Clay Aiken a living. Therefore, you or the "public" (most of whom haven't given him a dime - why should they be informed of shit? Especially why should the people apparently tormenting Clay fans be owed an answer to anything?) are not entitled to even a piece of his life. As long as he and his children aren't being supported by everyone's tax dollars, no matter what anybody says, it's not even a PRETEND obligation. Oh, he can too carry on with his private life. All I have to do is look at Jodie Foster - who doesn't feel the need to explain shit to anybody - and frankly has had a much crazier life and fandom and the whole gay thing too.

Oooo! Clay is turning into Sean Penn!

This could be my very first post. Another Clay fan sent me a picture of Clay with other artists and President Bush. She said he performed for the President last night. If this is true, it shows that he's still busy performing with very little time for gossips.

I don't really know how to copy and post the picture here.

Hey sanebc welcome!!!

Yup he did perform for the President last night...and EEEEEEEEE

If your picture is in some photobucket account...all you have to do is copy the URL and in your reply box there is a button with a picture...click on that and paste the URL of your picture in the window that comes up.

If the picture is in your Hard drive just do a file attachment...below the reply window there is a button for browse...find the file in your HD then click on the upload button...then you say click on add to post button.

Hope that helps...looking forward to the picture and if you are still having problems just pm me...

need to go back and catch up on post but you all are opinionated, smart, strong women....and the subject is fascinating ...so much to read and disgest.

Geesh! Y'all contined to be chatty overnight.....

It's quite an honor to be asked to perform with the other Broadway performers.

How in the hell do we know where Clay's sperm has been and not his body????

Why didn't we know about this????

Hee - leave it to Wanda to cut right to the chase.... :cryingwlaughter:

What I am saying is, if it wasn't Clay, it would be something else. Screw 'em.

Amen.

What next until Clay tours again? I was reminded of my hope last fall (before the news of Spamalot was even a whisper), that Clay would land a multi-episode guest part in a television series. I'm think a show like "Pushing Daisies" would be perfect for him. It's colorful, quirky and unusual, and and has even had some singing. There's the Broadway connection with Ellen Greene, Kristin Chenoweth and Jim Dale all being regulars on the show. Chris Sieber had a guest starring spot. Googling around this morning, I see Raul Esparza, another guest star, was nominated for a Tony.

Yes, it's just dreaming at this point, but it's always fascinating to me how the contacts Clay makes doing one thing seem to lead on to the next opportunity.

Oooh! I can get into this. I love "Pushing Daisies". Is it coming back? It disappeared with the writers strike and I haven't heard anything about it lately. Of course, I haven't gone looking.

And in other news, I see the reports that TMZ chooses to keep the :drama: going. *sigh*

Okay, I decided to do something I usually don't do - I went and saw the clip myself. Yes he's pissed.

AND THEY ARE USING THAT CLIP, AND USING CLAY'S AND JAYMES' PRIVATE LIFE TO SELL FUCKING HERSHEY BARS. And to get hits so they can sell advertising time or space or whateverthefuck.

That is all this is, really, pandering to people in order to sell crap. (Apologies to Hershey bar lovers - anyway, that is a stupid commercial, those people would be drinking beer in real life). Why should Clay acknowledge anything whatsover?

My goodness we are certainly claiming a lot of rights for ourselves, aren't we? Up to and including the infringement of Clay's right to privacy concerning a child that may or may not be his.

Haven't we all been here at least for the last couple of years as Clay made it plain that people can believe what they want to believe about him, and he doesn't care because the people that MATTER in this life, his family and friends, know the truth and that's all that matters to him. I'm sure he loves his fans, and he appreciates the fact that we support his singing career, but he does give something in return, entertainment and gratitude. But do we inform his personal, private decisions based on gay ridicule? Not no, but hell no. I can't imagine being disappointed in Clay because a homophobe thought less of me for liking him. That would just be one less tittilated homophobe that I have to deal with. I can live with that. I'm really sorry that rude people in the media make life difficult for a sensitive Clay fan. Am I upset that Clay doesn't dance to their tune? Nooooo. Personally, I recommend staying away from the low energy centers of the universe. I have no expectations or assumptions about his personal life at all. I don't argue that he is or isn't anything, other than a really outstanding human being. I didn't start liking him because of his moral fiber or his charitable works or his hard-headed personal integrity, or his personal magnetism, but I did come to appreciate and respond to all these things upon eventual discovery. I love him dearly because he is so open and generous to his fans. Seems he only draws the line around his heart.

Maybe one day we'll know everything, maybe there's a revelatory moment at hand. Maybe we'll wander in the wilderness for 40 years. Whatever, it's none of my business. I'm JUST a fan.

He'll be alright... we'll be alright. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just popping out of lurkdom to WORD this... :clap:

Back to my Jeffrey Deaver book! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wheeeeeeee! Which one? I am nearing the end of The Sleeping Doll and it's intense!

That's the one I'm reading!!! I'm almost half way... I picked it up Friday night at the bookstore, but then realized that the main character was introduced in a different book. Luckily I had it but hadn't read it yet, so I spent all Saturday afternoon and evening into the wee hours reading The Cold Moon. (Well, ok, not the whole time - I was checking in here and keeping up with the shitstorm - having a book to distract me was great though!) And then Sunday, I moved on to The Sleeping Doll. I really like this author alot. He does a great job of keeping you invested in the story and you just don't want to put it down! I'll be curious to hear how you liked it once you're done!

And - YOU GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF, CLAY!!! :clap:

I can't imagine being disappointed in Clay because a homophobe thought less of me for liking him. That would just be one less tittilated homophobe that I have to deal with. I can live with that. I'm really sorry that rude people in the media make life difficult for a sensitive Clay fan. Am I upset that Clay doesn't dance to their tune? Nooooo.

:word:

This:

Nobody gives me shit about anything enough to upset me - you make me unhappy, I will make your life a living hell. I have to admit I don't understand why anyone would apparently feel the need someone they love, like or work for feel that bad...

As to the announcement of the pregnancy, maybe I'm just looking at this from my point of view, but as for some sort of official announcement, Clay owes us jack shit. You see women you think are pregnant everyday. You don't get to ask them who's it is or if they are just fat. You don't get to see their children's birth certificate. For all you know, Jaymes has decided to put down "Zeus" as the father - at least in Texas, the mother can put down what the hell she wants or nothing at all. Because no matter who the hell it is, it's nobody else's business. Hell, over the last year, I have spent probably a few grand here and there on Clay - over the last five years, a significant amount of money. It is NOT enough for Clay to live off of. No one in here has spent enough on Clay Aiken individually for him to live off - collectively, yes - but chicks, this ain't a damn collective. We don't get a vote. And the only say we get is whether we keep spending money. And even if by some credible stretch of the imagination, you did spend enough to support him, it wasn't a gift out of the kindness of your heart - you either got CDs or a concert or a Broadway show or what the hell ever. You individually did not give Clay Aiken a living. Therefore, you or the "public" (most of whom haven't given him a dime - why should they be informed of shit? Especially why should the people apparently tormenting Clay fans be owed an answer to anything?) are not entitled to even a piece of his life. As long as he and his children aren't being supported by everyone's tax dollars, no matter what anybody says, it's not even a PRETEND obligation. Oh, he can too carry on with his private life. All I have to do is look at Jodie Foster - who doesn't feel the need to explain shit to anybody - and frankly has had a much crazier life and fandom and the whole gay thing too.

Oooo! Clay is turning into Sean Penn!

And this: are why I don't have to post much, someone says what I'm thinking so much better than I.

My goodness we are certainly claiming a lot of rights for ourselves, aren't we? Up to and including the infringement of Clay's right to privacy concerning a child that may or may not be his.

Haven't we all been here at least for the last couple of years as Clay made it plain that people can believe what they want to believe about him, and he doesn't care because the people that MATTER in this life, his family and friends, know the truth and that's all that matters to him. I'm sure he loves his fans, and he appreciates the fact that we support his singing career, but he does give something in return, entertainment and gratitude. But do we inform his personal, private decisions based on gay ridicule? Not no, but hell no. I can't imagine being disappointed in Clay because a homophobe thought less of me for liking him. That would just be one less tittilated homophobe that I have to deal with. I can live with that. I'm really sorry that rude people in the media make life difficult for a sensitive Clay fan. Am I upset that Clay doesn't dance to their tune? Nooooo. Personally, I recommend staying away from the low energy centers of the universe. I have no expectations or assumptions about his personal life at all. I don't argue that he is or isn't anything, other than a really outstanding human being. I didn't start liking him because of his moral fiber or his charitable works or his hard-headed personal integrity, or his personal magnetism, but I did come to appreciate and respond to all these things upon eventual discovery. I love him dearly because he is so open and generous to his fans. Seems he only draws the line around his heart.Maybe one day we'll know everything, maybe there's a revelatory moment at hand. Maybe we'll wander in the wilderness for 40 years. Whatever, it's none of my business. I'm JUST a fan.

Even to the point of what I bolded here, I was walking my new little puppy just minutes ago and this line of the song kept going through my head, when something is close to his heart he draws a line and he gets to choose and I believe that's how he chooses to use his titanium ones.

So he was having trouble getting on the chat shows with short notice in May ... well that's over. How many shows do you "reckon" are interested in booking Clay Aiken to talk about the baby? Maybe, ALL of them? Larry King would pee his pants to get Clay Aiken on right now.

I think Clay is large and in charge.

I've seen the clip from a vault and it's hard to tell if Clay actually pushes the camera. These paparazzi like to futz around with their video and create sound effects if they don't get what they want (sorta like how they like to make up things in a story if the truth isn't exciting enough *g*)...anyhooo....

For example....let's play a game: How many discrepancies/questionable facts/outright false info can you glean from the following:

From FoxNews, Roger Friedman writes:

Record industry insiders are scratching their heads at news of weirdo "American Idol" singer Clay Aiken's imminent fatherhood.

The mother in question has been named as Jaymes Foster-Levy. But her real name, I am told, is just Eileen Foster. She's the sister of record producer David Foster, she's 50, and not particularly popular in the music world.

How she got the name Jaymes: according to insiders, when her father died, Eileen became "James" and added the 'Y'. OK, so that's weird enough.

What's escaped most attention is that Foster was married for 25 years to Leeds Levy, a music world scion and former exec. They had no children.

"If she's having a kid now, it's with a donated egg," says one keen observer of the reproductive process. "In other words, she's simply doing Clay a favor by carrying someone else's egg fertilized with his sperm."

Aiken, at this point, is exhibiting Michael Jackson-like characteristics that should not have been seen again. None of Jackson's children was achieved through conventional means. It's questionable that he's even the biological dad of the eldest two, Prince and Paris. The third, known as Blanket, was conceived through IVF with a surrogate mother.

From FoxNews Pop Tarts column:

'Idol' Executive Producer: Clay Aiken Isn't the 'Settling Down' Type

Pop prince and “American Idol” season two runner-up Clay Aiken is getting ready to take up the challenge of fatherhood — unconventionally.

Aiken reportedly impregnated his music producer and longtime pal Jaymes Foster through artificial insemination, and although the couple claims not to be in a romantic relationship, the high-profile performer still intends to take on normal fathering duties come August when the baby is due.

But no one was more surprised to hear the news than “American Idol” Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe, who was out in Santa Monica on Saturday night to receive his own “Shining Spirit Award” at Share’s 55th Anniversary Boomtown Gala to raise funds for at-risk youths.

“It’s just delightful,” Lythgoe said. “But I was very surprised when I first heard, because I didn’t think Clay was the settling down type, but then it was all explained to me. I’m very pleased for him.”

Of course, Lythgoe's comment (winkwinknudgenudge) lets us know what HE thinks of the "Clay Aiken's Sexuality" question)...but never mind that...In the first 'article', I do believe Fox News' fact checker was on mushrooms or something...

ETA: atinal!

I was walking my new little puppy just minutes ago
You have a new puppy? :clap: Tell all!

I do believe Fox News' fact checker was on mushrooms or something...

"Fox News fact checker" that's really funny. I don't think they've ever filled that position over there. :cryingwlaughter:

I went to TMZ and watched it. Clay clearly puts a hand in that camera. He was all up on it .. Yeah, Yeah. I'm sure this will get TV coverage.