#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

The interesting thing to me about our posting that we want a statement from Clay and/or the Fosters is that our opinions won't change what they will do. We can post here what we think Clay should do until the cows come home, but Clay's gonna do what HE thinks is right in his own time. So, personally, for me, and me alone, it seems rather pointless. Please note - I'm not telling anyone not to post their feelings or that they really want a statement. I'm just saying that for me it seems like wasted breath (or keystrokes - heeee).

I'd rather think about those broooaaad shoulders, and what it would be like to assist Mr. Aiken in relaxing after a long evening in that tux. After all, he must be exhausted, and someone needs to help him get our of all of those pieces of clothing, hang them up, give him a little back massage, and .... well, I think I'll stop there!

:naughtywag:

ETA: Now, CG, that's what I'm talkin' about! GAH!!!

The interesting thing to me about our posting that we want a statement from Clay and/or the Fosters is that our opinions won't change what they will do.

Gibby, I agree...I basically said to a friend that no matter what we want or don't want; what we believe or don't; what we think is right or wrong? WE CAN'T DO A DAMNED THING ABOUT IT!

WHATEVER THE HELL IT TURNS OUT TO BE!

MUSKI! :blink: WHY ARE YOU TYPING IN ALL CAPS? :wacko:

As George Costanza's father says, "Serenity NOWWWWW!" :lmaosmiley-1:

I watched the Broadway Cares DVD and it is so worth the money (although I am hoping it will be ripped because that is a lot of money to pay for one song and I know everyone can't afford it). First of all, it is IMO his best duet he ever did. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I love it because first of all the audience noise is muffled so you really can hear the song loud and clear. It's really a thing of beauty and they both looked fabulous. I love me some Hannah.

This is my favorite duet ever and the one that showed me he truly is a Broadway star.... I want to see it too!!!!

I'm taking your recommendations and faxing an order tomorrow. I burned the HI RES version of the song to a CD and I have to listen to it both going to and coming from work every day - it comes on CD 2 just after FIEKY finishes -- yes I have a long commute lasting more than one CD. I don't want to talk about gas prices, okay?

Jesus, when Clay comes in with that deep voice, well it's so good I can't stand it!! I just can't stand it! As my grandmother used to say, "It gets all over me."

And what is more ... I've never liked that song before. Not Celine or Groban or Bocelli or anybody -- even when Clay sang it with Quiana. But this one's different.

And, while I'm thinking about it. This afternoon I was out and about in the 95 degree heat under the bright sun and when I got in the car WOTW was playing and it is such a totally great song for driving around in the summer that it was a real kick. Then this evening on my way to the neighborhood store, I listened to On My Way Here, Track One, The Single, you know the one ... and it just newly blew me away. His voice is peerless and the bridge of that song is so CLAY. It is the most CLAY sounding Clay singing I could ever imagine. It's completely his song and it's getting better by the week for me, in big ways. I don't know why but the heat seems to be making this CD sound even better and better. This is one first class, substantive collection of songs that Clay has given us. I know that he begs off about the songs meaning something universal yada yada, but I think every one of these songs is personal for him. Maybe that's why Something About Us is becoming a modern day classic in my head. Reviewers have compared it to Johnny Mathis, like Johnny Mathis was ever that good. Unh-unh, nobody could make that song sound like Clay does it -- nobody no time.

But, I'm still WIDTL's bitch. That song would be a favorite of mine if I'd never heard of Clay Aiken and somebody just played me the CD. I'd have to run and search for it without delay just for that song alone. Yep, some songs get ahold of me and never leave me alone and WIDTL is one of those songs.

The interesting thing to me about our posting that we want a statement from Clay and/or the Fosters is that our opinions won't change what they will do. We can post here what we think Clay should do until the cows come home, but Clay's gonna do what HE thinks is right in his own time. So, personally, for me, and me alone, it seems rather pointless. Please note - I'm not telling anyone not to post their feelings or that they really want a statement. I'm just saying that for me it seems like wasted breath (or keystrokes - heeee).

I'd rather think about those broooaaad shoulders, and what it would be like to assist Mr. Aiken in relaxing after a long evening in that tux. After all, he must be exhausted, and someone needs to help him get all of those pieces of clothing, hang them up, give him a little back massage, and .... well, I think I'll stop there!

:naughtywag:

ETA: Now, CG, that's what I'm talkin' about! GAH!!!

WORD...in a way I can understand where Iseeme is at this point because she is just processing it and most of us has had a couple of days to get used to this story. But I do hope that people can move on to accepting that Clay will do what he thinks is best for himself and Jaymes first and foremost...and we really don't know the whole situation to judge whether it is just a simple yes or no.

Isn;t it great that clay did something to distract us! And those pictures sure make me forget about all this drama.....

Oh please let this be televised.

I am so happy to see Clay in DC for the Annual Ford's Theater Gala. This makes it seem that alls in well in the Clay Nation. Clay is going on with his life and performing as scheduled. Really made me think, since I have been checking computer every fifteen minutes to see if there is any new "news," thus keeping me from what I was supposed to get done. How crazy is that? This weekend has been exhausting trying to keep up with all the discussions and speculations about the forthcoming baby event or not. It is possible that we have spent more time thinking about all the different scenarios than Clay and Jaymes have. I find it fascinating that some discussions are so passionate when we have no control over what Clay chooses to do or not to do. Hell, I can't even control what my grown kids choose to do.

So even though, I admit, knowing full well that it is none of my business, that I still want to know from Clay's or Jayme's lips, I am really happy that Clay is in DC, and hopefully will be at the the Broadway Awards.

I can't sleep. I'm exhausted and I can't sleep.

And the tie IS white. It looked yellow in those other pictures. Whatever. My feelings are apparently not right anyway today so my sight must be off as well.

I think Clay has NO trouble whatsoever asking us for stuff - money, support, come see my show, buy 6 CDs....etc. I have a choice whether to do that or not and I don't ask for hardly anything in return. Sing to me. Record CDs. Do tours (oh wait, that's another issue but that's another discussion which I have vowed never to mention again) I don't feel a sense of entitlement to a whole lot about him. Hardly anything at all. But being a celebrity does have some nasty stuff attached to it. Your life isn't entirely your own whether you want it to be or not. I guess I just get really, really REALLY tired of defending him all the freakin' time - whether it's his hair, his choice of songs, his alleged lifestyle, his not alleged lifestyle, what he says, what he does....while he sits back in his little protected cocoon keeping silent, demanding his privacy, and lets the chips fall where they may. It's damn tough being a Clay Aiken fan. Tough. Is it worth it? Well, most of the time. Right now I am seriously dreading the onslaught of family and friends. I don't have any defense this time other than to say "he isn't saying anything!" He HAS to know this is a big thing for his fans. And for any of you to say he doesn't owe us ANYTHING is distorted. He knows he has us to thank for - as he puts it - allowing him to do what he does! We buy the CDs, we go to the concerts, we go to Spamalot, we go to Leno, Kimmel, GMA, etc. etc. etc. So something as absolutely major as having a child isn't just "oh let's give Clay his privacy!"

I'm not going to change my mind after processing. Sorry, I'm not. You cannot be completely private and be in the public eye. Not completely.

I sincerely hope he and Jaymes or he and the fertility doctor or he and whomever make a statement soon. It's the right thing to do in my opinion and this story isn't going to die until he does. If indeed they are pregnant together and wanted to wait until the baby was born - I can respect that. But the leak pre-empted those plans.

It hurts me to see him made a laughing stock. He deserves more than that. But I wish he would get those titaniums in gear and stand up for himself occasionally.

Going for that drink. I guess one wasn't enough. At least I've given y'all someone to poke at tonite.

djs111 and Ansa,

I only just got home and realized that you'd made the "seafoam" photoshop on the other thread. BWAH!!!

Thanks for the cute pic -- I'm saving the "proof" for future use!!! (couldn't see it earlier since I *sigh* block images from our servers)

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

This is the link I'm working off, kf: President and Mrs. Bush Attend Annual Ford's Theatre Gala (White House.gov)

President George W. Bush and Mrs. Laura Bush are joined on stage by the cast of entertainers performing at the annual Ford's Theater gala to benefit the historic theater. The program, "An American Celebration at Ford's Theater," will be televised on July 4, 2006. White House photo by Kimberlee Hewitt

From your post:

What is the Ford’s Theatre Lincoln Medal?

The Ford’s Theatre Lincoln Medal is an annual award given by Ford’s Theatre to individuals who, through their body of work, accomplishments or personal attributes exemplify the lasting legacy, and mettle of character embodied by the most beloved President in our Nation’s history, President Abraham Lincoln.

When and where is it awarded?

Traditionally, the Ford’s Theatre Lincoln Medal is given to recipients at the Ford’s Theatre benefit held annually in the theatre where President Abraham Lincoln was shot on April 14, 1865.

Same event, I'm pretty sure.

I hear you, jmh. It was a Fourth of July presentation in 2006, but it wasn't last year. Last year they showed the Gala in December and taped it as a Christmas program in June. I'm hoping that "The Civil War" theme means Fourth of July this year, because the Civil War just doesn't scream Holiday to me. Since it was moved last year in an attempt to attract a bigger audience, who knows when they'll televise it this year. I genuinely, deeply hope that it's back to the Fourth this year.

The date on this story is June 24, 2007:

Bushes Enjoy Ford's Theatre Holiday Gala

WASHINGTON (AP) ― It might have been 80 degrees outside but it was snowing inside Ford's Theatre on Sunday, where President Bush attended a taping of an ABC holiday program.

Country singer Wynonna opened the show by performing "Winter Wonderland" on a stage decorated with white lights, Christmas trees and a sleigh. She asked Bush if he had done his Christmas shopping yet.

"Do you know what you're planning on getting your beautiful wife?" Wynonna asked. "Whatever she wants, right?" The president's response was inaudible.

The Ford's Theatre gala usually airs July Fourth, but ABC will televise this event in December in an effort to attract broader viewership.

Other performers included singers Yolanda Adams, Olivia Newton-John and Jon Secada, comedian Christopher Titus and "Dancing with the Stars" dancers Jonathan Roberts and Karina Smirnoff.

First lady Laura Bush was the gala's honorary chair.

Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and civil rights veteran, and Civil War historian James McPherson were awarded Lincoln Medals. The award is given to those who exemplify President Lincoln's legacy and character through their work, accomplishments or personal attributes.

The annual benefit is held at the landmark theater where Lincoln was fatally shot in 1865.

"President Lincoln had a great appreciation for the performing arts," Bush said. "They offered relief amid the agonies of war, and he would likely be pleased that Ford's Theatre continues to bring together talented performers from across our country, including those with us tonight."

(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

But being a celebrity does have some nasty stuff attached to it. Your life isn't entirely your own whether you want it to be or not.

I have to disagree with this. Clay's life is entirely and completely his own. Celebrities and regular people and religious figures and world leaders and everyone else in the world owns their own lives.

Am I picking up a pattern that some who are having big issues with this story also mention that they face ridicule themselves for being an identified supporter of Clay? I feel bad for that, but I can't even imagine it. I just don't know anyone that would attempt to go there with me. Ever. Not seriously. But my condolences to those who face this sort of thing and are hurt by it.

It's hard out there for a Clay Aiken fan, huh? God, I love a challenge.

Iseeme I think your post is really about what's best for you, not his fans or even him. What I've mostly seen expressed is curiosity this time around. Quite surprising actually. Yeah the fans want to know but haven't seen many people say he owes it to us to help us get through OUR embarassment. It's painful that people are embarasased to be a Clay fan or find it difficult to explain him away. That's not my job. And he gave me what he owes me earlier this month - a new album. I honestly don't expect anything else, especially for him to be in charge of my emotional health. I have been where you are - but that was 2004. Heidi Ho and Ansa talked me off many a ledge and I had to take control of my emotions before it made me ill. You can sympathize with Clay without taking on every sling and arrow straight to your heart. I honestly haven't felt a moment of angst over this story and even if it's true I don't expect to ever have any.

Stop reading 20 google alerts people. I think that skews reality.

I've thought right from the beginning that it's a bunch of hooey. I've let a small bit of doubt creep in after reading all of the various opinions but while I think that it's likely that Jaymes may have done AI or in vitro (whichever is the correct term), I think that Clay being involved is a bunch of hooey. Feel free to pass the ketchup for the hat I'll be eating later if I'm wrong.

Bwah... this is funny. I haven't worked too deeply into a fantasy about this. I'm still on..WOW. Yeah I've done the whole if true thang but really, like I said from the beginning..it could be totally made up or completely true. That's how much I don't know Clay Aiken. I'm just happy I'll be fine either way. I do think this is the most unepected "controversy" ever to surround Clay and frankly I'm glad it's one I can talk about in a stress free way. .

Catching up... man you guys talk alot...

To tell you the truth, I've been thinking---what if it turns out that this whole thing is a bunch of hooey? That is, what if this is just another tabloid fantasy?
I've thought right from the beginning that it's a bunch of hooey. I've let a small bit of doubt creep in after reading all of the various opinions but while I think that it's likely that Jaymes may have done AI or in vitro (whichever is the correct term), I think that Clay being involved is a bunch of hooey. Feel free to pass the ketchup for the hat I'll be eating later if I'm wrong.

I'm not going to comment re: whether Clay or Jaymes should comment or not. It would be nice but up to them.

I will say that I think that if Jaymes is pregnant and Clay had nothing to do with, that it might be smart for somebody make a statement if what I believe to be true is true cuz otherwise people will be assuming that the baby is his yanno.

This made me laugh:

ClaysTriangle.png

OK, it's time to talk hair, is it the lighting does it look a little less blond?
Atta girl. Gotta have our priorities straight.

:clap:

:hubbahubba:

I can't remember a time in the past many mumbledly years when I've seen anything broadcast live from Ford's Theater, and especially if the President is there. I believe these events are private affairs, and are unannounced for security reasons. Ford's Theater is so small. I think we can look forward to this being shown on PBS one of these days.
I sure hope that it's broadcast cuz obviously there won't be any fan clack, lol.

Oh and the tie is too white!!! :imgtongue:

Iseeme I think your post is really about what's best for you, not his fans or even him

Couchie - you could NOT be more wrong with that statement!!! What's best for ME? Not even close. And I'm really glad no one gives you a bad time about Clay. It must be really nice! Maybe I should hang out with you and your friends and trade my adult son in for someone else's kid. I've been teased about being a Clay fan since finale night of AI2. And most recently at dinner tonite! (which didn't sit well....) It was the topic of discussion because my dinner partners know I'm a fan, have traveled to see him, am always playing his music, etc. They were laughing hysterically and felt that it was "such a gay guy thing to do for a friend!"

"Owe" is a strong word! He doesn't OWE me anything. But consideration would be very nice. The consideration that this bombshell may have created some angst in his fanbase, may have created something more than curiosity, and may just have contradicted what he's said about wanting a family and being a father for the past 5 years.

I think when you put yourself out there on stage, in movies, on TV, on a concert stage....your life ceases to be entirely your own. You may wish it is...but the truth of the matter is...it isn't. I expect we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

And lest my feelings be misunderstood......if they are pregnant and happy about it....I'm happy for them. I will assume that alot of thought was put into the decision and that it wasn't a "oh gee, let's have a baby" moment. Or maybe Canfly is on to something and the story is a bunch of hooey. In which case, OMG, now what!!! But I don't know either because neither of them is saying a DAMN thing!

But being a celebrity does have some nasty stuff attached to it. Your life isn't entirely your own whether you want it to be or not.

I have to disagree with this. Clay's life is entirely and completely his own. Celebrities and regular people and religious figures and world leaders and everyone else in the world owns their own lives.

Am I picking up a pattern that some who are having big issues with this story also mention that they face ridicule themselves for being an identified supporter of Clay? I feel bad for that, but I can't even imagine it. I just don't know anyone that would attempt to go there with me. Ever. Not seriously. But my condolences to those who face this sort of thing and are hurt by it.

It's hard out there for a Clay Aiken fan, huh? God, I love a challenge.

Yep - it happens. I am on a soap email list, and I have stopped even mentioning Clay because of the heat I get. Some members try to bait me by bringing him up without provocation. Why do I stay on that list? Good question, I guess it has some merits.

I spent the evening watching my new Bob Dylan DVD caled "No Direction Home" and missed all the excitement. CLAY IS IN MY TOWN! Although that was hours ago, he's probably back in NC or NYC by now!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

My brother is an idiot, but he is afraid of me some ways. If people don't respect or fear you, what is it worth?

Maybe it is because I got older, but I don't let others change me much anymore.

I am on the verge of losing a friend of 30 years who comesto help me when I am ill. We had a dis agreement on political candidates. I wanted to stop discussing it and agree to disagree, but she was obssessed with changing my mind. She was unusually rude about it, it was really wierd, I think there are some new pod people and they scare me. I just told her I was moving to the beach for 2 months and would not have a phone, so we couldn't have lunch anymore. I don't kid her about Groban and she leaves me alone about Clay, but this political thing is scarey, Changes some people.

When I started in IT in the dark ages, there were a lot of undereducated guys rough at the edges. One came up to me once and told me he had the right to rape me because I worked in the computer room. The offices were covered in obscene pictures and someone kept sticking sexual toys in my desk. There weren't sexual harrassment laws or equal pay then, you just put up with crap of getting paid less for the same work as guys who bugged you. I got used to lunching alone and not socializing in that office. It ruined me for socializing at lunch forthe rest of my career.

People suck about a lot of things, Clay is just one in a long line. Right now, my neighbors want me to cut my 500 year old oak trees because leaves fall in their yard and on the other side they want me to cut the 100 foot cedars because it shades their yard. I am the only person left on my side of the block with old trees in their yard and I have over a dozen, one neighbor even tiled his large yard. (I miss my old friendly neighbors who loved their trees)

What I am saying is, if it wasn't Clay, it would be something else. Screw 'em.

Maybe I'm a little different but if someone laughed hysterically at my choices, I would say goodnight and leave. I would probably also be crying. But for me it would be easier to leave than to sit there and take it. Then I would avoid those people for awhile, even if they were family. That is my less painful route. I'm not trying to give anyone advice. Maybe you are tougher than I am. I would also not answer the phone for awhile even if it was one of my sons calling.

Last year my husband and I were with a family member whose wife threw a temper tantrum on the phone with her father in front of us. I won't go into details but I was appalled at how she treated her father because he would not give into her wishes. We left the room. I later told the family member that as close as we are to them, she had better never do that to us or we would pick up and leave.

Huh. No one in my life is allowed to give me that kind of crap about anything. Not my kids, not my friends, not my dinner companions. In my world, mutual respect isn't an option, it is a prerequisite. My mama always used to say ... whose behavior can you change? Only you can change that dynamic in your life.

I say go for it.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

As for privacy -I have always been a big supporter of Clay's privacy....but as I said before...this flunks the privacy test in my mind. Don't care if anyone agrees or not! He's not so special that he gets a free pass to privacy - how many other celebrities get that kind of pass unless they've either been around so long nobody cares or their 15 minutes is up. I don't care what his favorite color is, what he eats for breakfast, whether he wears briefs or boxers, where he goes on vacation, etc. but I DO care if he's fathered a child. That's a titch bigger than normal privacy issues.

Considering that fathering a child is a gazillion times more personal than breakfast cereal or favorite colors, he has EVEN MORE right to privacy in this situation. And he's not so special that he gets a free pass to privacy? WE ALL have the right to privacy- unfortunately, that right is often infringed upon- particularly for celebrities because they are in the public eye- in the most demeaning of ways.

I think Clay has NO trouble whatsoever asking us for stuff - money, support, come see my show, buy 6 CDs....etc. I have a choice whether to do that or not and I don't ask for hardly anything in return. Sing to me. Record CDs. Do tours (oh wait, that's another issue but that's another discussion which I have vowed never to mention again) I don't feel a sense of entitlement to a whole lot about him. Hardly anything at all. But being a celebrity does have some nasty stuff attached to it. Your life isn't entirely your own whether you want it to be or not. I guess I just get really, really REALLY tired of defending him all the freakin' time - whether it's his hair, his choice of songs, his alleged lifestyle, his not alleged lifestyle, what he says, what he does....while he sits back in his little protected cocoon keeping silent, demanding his privacy, and lets the chips fall where they may. It's damn tough being a Clay Aiken fan. Tough. Is it worth it? Well, most of the time. Right now I am seriously dreading the onslaught of family and friends. I don't have any defense this time other than to say "he isn't saying anything!" He HAS to know this is a big thing for his fans. And for any of you to say he doesn't owe us ANYTHING is distorted. He knows he has us to thank for - as he puts it - allowing him to do what he does! We buy the CDs, we go to the concerts, we go to Spamalot, we go to Leno, Kimmel, GMA, etc. etc. etc. So something as absolutely major as having a child isn't just "oh let's give Clay his privacy!"

I understand the difficulty of dealing with aquaintances who want to do nothing but yank your chain- BELIEVE ME- beacuse I spoke about it here the other night- but, if it's so hard for us, can you even begin to imagine what it is like for him??? I can't even imagine. But his job is singing- performing- putting on a good show for us every time we plunk down money to see him. And he has NEVER disappointed me in that regard. But just because some in the fandom have tried in many cases to insinuate themselves into his private life, and find out things about him, his family, his friends, his co-workers, doesn't mean that he owes it to us, or that we are entitled to it.

Iseeme I think your post is really about what's best for you, not his fans or even him

"Owe" is a strong word! He doesn't OWE me anything. But consideration would be very nice. The consideration that this bombshell may have created some angst in his fanbase, may have created something more than curiosity, and may just have contradicted what he's said about wanting a family and being a father for the past 5 years.

I think when you put yourself out there on stage, in movies, on TV, on a concert stage....your life ceases to be entirely your own. You may wish it is...but the truth of the matter is...it isn't. I expect we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

I really think that the LAST thing he needs to have on his mind right now is how some in his fan-base will feel about this. For me, your personal life trumps your "work" life just about any day of the week. Should he never take a step in his life- his private life- without first consulting his fan base about how they would feel about it? If any or all of this story is true, it was clearly an INTENSELY personal decision to make. He has been made well-aware over the past 5 years that celebrity puts you in a fish bowl. But he is certainly allowed to try to create as much of a curtain around his personal life as he can and keep as much of it as he can for himself. He has truly had to GIVE UP so much to have this career. Personally, to me, it wouldn't be worth it.

Personally, I think the controversy over what the tabloids will say and how it will be spinning around the internet with all kinds of connotations is so beside the point. I think his relative oblivion to tabloid gossip is one of the things that makes him so fascinating. Jaymes sure doesn't seem to be a publicity hound. Why do they need to tell me anything? If there's something to tell and I need to know, I'll probably hear about it. In the meantime, I just don't like reading stuff about how disgusting and awful this is. Maybe it's true and not disgusting or awful at all. Maybe it's not true. Maybe it's partly true. Maybe there's a full-blown story waiting to come out on a Diane Sawyer Special. Who the fuck knows?

:preachit:

Iseeme...I do agree that I think it would be better if they make some statement about this. I still think they will but I personally am willing to wait for it. With this event that he was on...I can see him wanting to just concentrate on preparing for this. This is not some insignificant thing and he sang a song he never did before, I can see him wanting to put aside the stress of dealing with this story as he prepare for this performance.

I also agree with JennaZ when she said that maybe they were taken unaware by the leaking of this story and right now they are still deciding on how to handle this. I really don;t know why people are so unwilling to wait for them to make a statement...why do people think they have to do it NOW? Its not like our personal lives are involved in this. I don't think they are taking away anything from us by taking their time on this. I do believe they will speak up, eventually.

As I said earlier...I am most concerned about Jaymes at the moment because this can;t be an easy time for her. Because of her age, this would be considered a high risk pregnancy and stress should be kept minimal. I have a feeling the family and everyone is keeping her quiet and trying to keep her stress level down so the fandom is not their top priority. I think that nothing will be said about this until Clay and Jaymes can sit down and figure it out and when they are ready, we will know. Now that we know what Clay was busy with this last few days...the silence makes more sense to me.

Well thought out and I tend to agree with most everything you said. It was so cool to wake up to the DC news this morning, and the pictures. I am glad to see that Clay is just going about his business. Sometimes, as fans, we get so worked up that we conjure up all sorts of scenarios (i.e. he's out of the country, he's so upset, etc etc). I know I'm just as guilty of that as the next person sometimes.

He'll be alright... we'll be alright. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just popping out of lurkdom to WORD this... :clap:

Back to my Jeffrey Deaver book! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wheeeeeeee! Which one? I am nearing the end of The Sleeping Doll and it's intense!

Guess what just this minute got delivered to my house?

:twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore::twinklewhore:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I need to be alone......

Wheeeeeeee! Finally! Good for you!

This made me laugh:

ClaysTriangle.png

:cryingwlaughter: Thank God I wasn't drinking tea when I saw that. It's hilarious!

What I am saying is, if it wasn't Clay, it would be something else. Screw 'em.

Words to live by. And I do. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

djs111 and Ansa,

I only just got home and realized that you'd made the "seafoam" photoshop on the other thread. BWAH!!!

Thanks for the cute pic -- I'm saving the "proof" for future use!!! (couldn't see it earlier since I *sigh* block images from our servers)

For Scarlett - I had to crop the picture, but Jerome is rowing furiously towards Scarlett............and Ansa is the talented personage who brought us this here picture!

scarlett.jpg

I can agree that the "Clay is Gay" thing is what is driving the gossip stories.

I absolutely cannot agree that whatever the story is, it is any of our business. TMZ does not get to determine this; no one has the right to a statement.

What is more deserving of privacy than this? Nothing. And Clay ASKS, he does not order us to buy stuff and donate stuff, he doesn't tell us we have to because we are his fans. And even if he did, this is still none of our business, we don't own him, he is not our chattel. Like lajeterfan says, it is demeaning to expect him to comment on this.

I don't sit still for anyone giving me shit about anything anymore, and yep, I rarely talk to my niece and her husband anymore because hearing Clay is Gay talk at their Born Again dinner table just proved them to be hypocritical - it was not the fact that it was Clay, it was the fact that they were so comfy jeering at someone for being gay. I only have so much time here on earth, and I am not gonna share it with fools if I don't have to. Oh, and I understand they have a perfect right to their beliefs, but I feel people like that would cheerily harm other people because of those beliefs. That is the crux of it for me. Plus that time wastage thing.

Okay, I guess I better go brush down the pool now, it sure does need to be "opened for the season".

Some gossip for the rumour mill....

From the Shed:

Also forgot to mention, I went to see Spam last Saturday with Clay's replacement. Lord knows why, 'cause the replacement sucked with the exception of his piano playing skills.

Oh and guess who was sitting 2nd row center. FBM and Mix. One of the ushers called her crazy Carol. Security said Clay had been in the Orchestra pit Friday night 5/23. I wonder what Clay thought of his replacement. It was funny that the infamous ribbons are really, really short now.

:shrug:

Not much to add at the moment -- I need some more coffee, gotta go back to work, and I'm still in pain, meaning I hope I can get to the doctor today. However....I will add this post from Scarlett, because I think it is still relevant to the conversation at the moment:

Gosh, I didn't realize how many people were feeling down about things. {{{Hugs to everyone who need them}}}

I wish things were better. But this is how things work. That world that Clay sings about in MGUCL? It doesn't exist. What we have is our world today. It isn't fair. Being good or deserving or working hard or being the "best" doesn't guarantee that things go your way. S**T happens. But here and there, sometimes good things come and if we keep chugging along, good will prevail. Babies are always nice because they help us remember what is good about everything. They bring joy and hope.

Each of us (including Clay) needs to find joy in ourselves (nope, nobody swallowed it). There's no one else who's going to provide this and so we need to take care of ourselves; what good does reading and responding to nasty stuff do? Nasty people will always exist, like cockroaches. Responding angrily to them will not change things. There are some good people out there and we need to surround ourselves with the right sort. Family, we can't choose, but we don't have to take cr*p from them either.

Meanwhile, play nice songs and good interviews -- like the AP Broadway one. Get some hyacinths for the soul. Hang with good people. Laugh at the nasty ones.

I'm not so worried about Clay because I think he knows how to handle things like these. Somehow, more than ever, I think he's going to be ok. Really.

What next until Clay tours again? I was reminded of my hope last fall (before the news of Spamalot was even a whisper), that Clay would land a multi-episode guest part in a television series. I'm think a show like "Pushing Daisies" would be perfect for him. It's colorful, quirky and unusual, and and has even had some singing. There's the Broadway connection with Ellen Greene, Kristin Chenoweth and Jim Dale all being regulars on the show. Chris Sieber had a guest starring spot. Googling around this morning, I see Raul Esparza, another guest star, was nominated for a Tony.

Yes, it's just dreaming at this point, but it's always fascinating to me how the contacts Clay makes doing one thing seem to lead on to the next opportunity.

I had a dream last night that we were getting a statement from Clay. Don't know where it was coming from--we were waiting and waiting and then it came. "It's none of your damn business. It's a private matter." I logged on to see if it actually happened, but apparently not.

Iseeme, you have no problem being outspoken and insistent on your POV here--give whoever is picking on you some of that, OK? You have your opinion and that's fine--I don't share it, and you can restate it as much as you like, I won't change my mind. I'm sorry that people give you a hard time, but it's not Clay's job to protect you from being picked on. In the circumstance you describe, I would politely but firmly let them know that the topic is inappropriate, or simply leave. And I'd find a way to do it in such as way that I make them see that they have crossed the line of human decency, rather than having them think I was weak and unable to handle it.

Me, I take no shit from anyone about Clay, or about anything in my life really. Neither do I harrass people who are not fans with Clay talk (not saying you do) or try to convince them to like him or that's he's not gay or whatever. By now I know who, among the folks I see regularly, is interested and who isn't. Most aren't. That's fine, I can squee about Clay with my fellow fans as much as I want. But I will not tolerate people mocking him in my presence either.

I've been Googling around ... this post from Jaymes is almost 2 years old, but I am reading it with new eyes, given the current situation.

Quote:

07/17/06

10:27 PM: YOUR album!

Well, it's been a long journey (and even longer for all of you) but, as of last night, Clay's album is finished at last!! While its been quite a long process, trust me, it's very much worth the wait!

We started down one musical path with it and ended up on another. One that I am sure that you will be pleased with and one that I know we are very proud of.

I have been very fortunate in my career to work with or along side of some of the greatest singers on the planet - Celine, Barbra, Andrea Bocelli. And I believe (as you already know) Clay is right up there next to those amazing singers. You all expressed to me that you wanted me to be sure that his vocal shined through on his CD as if you were listening to him live. I think we accomplished that. And, I think he made great choices of songs on his album to showcase that. As much as I know it will frustrate you, unfortunately, I can't tell you what those are at this point..you'll have

to find out for yourself when you get the album. (Or, since I know you want to know as much as you can, I'll try to give you more information here when I am allowed to.) But, I believe you will hear him singing in ways that you have never heard or even dreamed of. His musical talent,

instincts and abilities have astounded me.

While you will have to wait a little longer for the record label to firm up the final release date, I can tell you now that Clay and I are sure that you will love this album in "A Thousand Different Ways"!

Wink

Jaymes Foster

Current mood: Excited

Currently listening to: final mixes!

Source: http://aikenforums.com/index.php?showtopic=444077