#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

I'm confused. The link in the People.com to Clay's website goes to his blog on Clayonline.com....so that's public now? And I still see no good picture of Clay anywhere attached to the story today--just he Jenna Bush one.

Gosh... (tm King Arthur)

I slept in, got up, checked in here, still on the same page from last night. *yawn* The computer's acting funky, so I decide to reboot. Not 15 minutes later, I'm on the phone when I get a text on my cell that says, "Did you hear?".....

Congratulations to Clay & Jaymes! Welcome to our world little Parker! :wub:

A Child To Love

You can have your wealth and riches

All the things so many seek,

Position, power, and success,

The fame you long to keep.

You can earn as much as you wish,

Reach a status high above,

But none of these can equal

Having one sweet child to love.

'Tis the greatest gift from heaven,

Little arms that hold you tight,

And a kiss so soft and gentle

When you tuck them in at night.

A million precious questions

And each story often read,

Two eyes so brigtht and smiling,

And a darling tousled head.

God has never matched the goodness

Of a trusting little face,

Or a heart so full of laughter

Spreading sunshine every place.

A child to hold and cuddle,

'Tis a gift from God above,

And the world is so much brighter

When you have a child to love.

~ Author Unknown

I'm confused. The link in the People.com to Clay's website goes to his blog on Clayonline.com....so that's public now? And I still see no good picture of Clay anywhere attached to the story today--just he Jenna Bush one.

They seem to be switching back and forth with that and the Music Pass pic.

Now they have another story about the D.O.B., and use the Music Pass pic for that one, lol

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20217890,00.html

Eight is definitely enough for Clay Aiken and his best friend Jaymes Foster. The two welcomed their son Parker Foster Aiken at 8:08 a.m. on 8/08/08.

So what do all those eights add up to?

Numerology expert Daniel Hardt says the proud parents may have business on the brain for their newborn.

"Eight is a very powerful number. It's a number of mastery," says Hardt of Life Path Numerology in Indianapolis, Ind. "It's a number of being in control," he adds "That's why a lot of people are drawn to it."

Eight is also a lucky number in Chinese culture, which is why the Opening Ceremonies for the Summer Olympics are scheduled for 8/08/08.

Hardt cautions that though eights signify business acumen for the child, they come with a caveat.

"Some people try for an eight because they think it will mean money," says Hardt, "but sometimes you will end up causing some challenges in the life that will not necessarily be desirable for that child."

Ultimately, he believes eights will bring the tiny Aiken luck. Says Hardt: "I think in this case, it's going to be a good situation."

Wow! I am so excited. I didn't know it would affect me at all.

Congratulations Clay and Jaymes

It's a boy. And a good size one too, considering how small Jaymes is. As I said when the news first leaked, What a lucky baby. Loved that Clay blogged it even though I was at pilates at the time, standing on one foot with my eyes closed trying not to fall.

He never forgets to say that he loves us fans. I think this is the start of a new Clay and hopefully all the losers will leave him alone. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well I just googled..84 stories...and I saw the jenna picture only about 3 times.

I think I'm starting to have sympathy pains with the picture LOL. They aren't his most flattering but really only one from that bunch, granted the most popular one that gets shown, is all that bad to me.

I love the 8 angle..I was wondering if that would get picked up.

I have to go buy a printer before I head to work so won't be able to check the boards until later, but I wanted to know if this board and some of the other boards could get together to make contibutions to BAF and Unicef in honor of little Parker's birth. I have to know idea about how to go about doing something like that but I know there are some smart people on this board who could figure it out. What do you guys think?

Well I just googled..84 stories...and I saw the jenna picture only about 3 times.

I think I'm starting to have sympathy pains with the picture LOL. They aren't his most flattering but really only one from that bunch, granted the most popular one that gets shown, is all that bad to me.

I love the 8 angle..I was wondering if that would get picked up.

So true! and the only people I ever see insulting the photo are fans. So what - it's not his best look? The people who care about that are people who prolly wouldn't see that gorgeous music pass pic as anything but 'Clay' either. *shrug* Whatevah!

Hee - I must say though - with both pics on the same page (one right above the other) I could see 'not us' not even realizing it was the same person. BWAH! He could hardly look more different if he was trying to!

peoplepage.jpg

I can't see that at work so please give detail or let us know if it's basically repeating the news story.

what do you mean possessive about the name merryclay.

I just meant, I thought it was cute that he wanted us to know that the names was three separate names. No hyphens, such as Foster- Aiken. It's just Aiken. I think this must be Clay's greatest moment to look into the eyes of his son. God bless them and God bless us all. It looks like Clay handles it beautifully. I love that Faye gave the scoop to Lynda. I love, love that the next thing he did was tell us. I bet TMZ is pissed that they got scooped and Jaymes was in NC for the birth. Too bad, too sad.

I have to admit that this announcement did come as a surprise to me but on further thought I realize that the best way to protect Jaymes and the babe in her last trimester would be to have them in NC.

So Clay is a daddy at last...how wonderful for him that he and Jaymes have a healthy son.

It will be interesting to see if having the baby the day of the start of the Olympics will ensure that the media interest will be short lived.

cindilu

They seem to be switching back and forth with that and the Music Pass pic.

At least the last Jaymes and Clay pictures I saw have a better photo of Jaymes.

edited to correct date of birth.....back to sanding, staining and polyurethaning kitchen cabinets...I think the fumes have addled me.

Anyone notice that the People article now says ... In May, it was confirmed that Foster became pregnant via in vitro fertilization.

There's more than one article at People:

Clay welcomes a son: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20217863,00.html (Clay and Jaymes pic)

Clay Aiken son has "powerful" birthdate: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20217890,00.html (musicpass pic)

I have to go buy a printer before I head to work so won't be able to check the boards until later, but I wanted to know if this board and some of the other boards could get together to make contibutions to BAF and Unicef in honor of little Parker's birth. I have to know idea about how to go about doing something like that but I know there are some smart people on this board who could figure it out. What do you guys think?

Speaking for myself...I'm not fond of "group gifts" like this. To me, it's "look at MEEEEE" times 10. However, I did decide to make a donation to the BAF on my own this morning, in honor of Parker.

And for those who don't know, FCA has a Beta Alpha chapter. When donating, fill in the Beta Alpha chapter blank with "FCA-Making a Difference."

Anyone notice that the People article now says ... In May, it was confirmed that Foster became pregnant via in vitro fertilization.

There's more than one article at People:

Clay welcomes a son: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20217863,00.html (Clay and Jaymes pic)

Clay Aiken son has "powerful" birthdate: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20217890,00.html (musicpass pic)

Hee, too bad People doesn't have an edit counter. *g*

I posted that link for the numerology story already (right up there ^ ^ ^) Hmmmm..maybe I'm on ignore :whistling-1:

Heheh, those arrows don't work when the page changes while you're posting. Nebbermind.

I'm just not going to worry about what the media says or how they say it.

This is a wonderful day!!

Parker Foster Aiken!!!

I'm just not going to worry about what the media says or how they say it.

This is a wonderful day!!

Amen!

Congratulations Clay and Jaymes! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I didn't realize how worried I was for them until I read Clay's blog this morning. Welcome baby Aiken!

Help me out a bit here........

I'm trying to remember when Clay said in an interview, "I want to be a father so bad."

Was it a print interview, or on TV, radio??? I am drawing a blank!! And when was it?

CELEBR8PFA.gif

People mag...I think. In promo for ATDW

That's right...

Clay Aiken Speaks out About Rumors

On the future: "I want to be a father so badly. I want (kids) one day

ldyj, I understand what you are saying about the group gift but the way I see it is a way to say to Clay how happy we are for him. And it would be nice baby gift along with helping out a lot of kids.

Just got back from lunch with three RL Claybuddies!!! I was meeting them at the Eaton Centre (in TO) and practically ran there, because I read the news ten minutes before I left. When I got to the restaurant, two of them were waiting for me and one motioned rocking a baby in her arms. I was nodding my head when I ran up to her and we hugged each other really tightly! :ura: By the time I had arrived, these two ladies had gotten a call from a friend in London, Ontario to give them the news, since she knew they they were offline for the day.

By the time our fourth friend arrived, minus a cellphone, we leaned over the escalator railing and yelled "It's a Boy!" It was really hard to drag myself away from lunch (they want me to work now?), but it was wonderful to celebrate with friends who were just as happy as I am.

:laola0:

Funny PS - my daughter just called and asked how lunch was and all I could talk about was that little Parker Foster Aiken had arrived - squee!!

ldyj, I understand what you are saying about the group gift but the way I see it is a way to say to Clay how happy we are for him. And it would be nice baby gift along with helping out a lot of kids.

I'm sure there will be a lot of that going on. We're also working on our page for UNICEF.... and hope to send a lot of donations to a worthy cause. I think private donations are fine and like LdyJ said... those so inclined can use our FCA Making a difference group on their TBAF donation if they are so inclined. heee..I think I can fork over $8 to TBAF today. hee.

These pics from Quiana's MySpace page just keep popping up in my mind today...

UncleClay1-1.jpg

Uncle_Clay_2.jpg

:wub:

And I understand your wanting to do that, really I do. But I decided that I would do it quietly (although I guess that's not true anymore, since I announced it on the board *g*), and if you go to the donation page, there is a place to put "In Honor of..." which I happily filled in with "Parker Foster Aiken." And then I put the FCA Beta Alpha chapter in as well!

The AP has picked up the story as well. This one should go out to all the major media...