#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

From the CB:

I called Telecharge and they said that they were notified that Clay IS IN THE SHOW TONIGHT as of right now. They said the status may change, but they were specifically notified because of high call volume about Clay's absence. I spoke to a man in Customer Service to get this information.

Ha the Clay Nation has not lost its touch I see!

From the CB:

I called Telecharge and they said that they were notified that Clay IS IN THE SHOW TONIGHT as of right now. They said the status may change, but they were specifically notified because of high call volume about Clay's absence. I spoke to a man in Customer Service to get this information.

Ha the Clay Nation has not lost its touch I see!

I suspect about 5 of the callers actually had tickets for tonight and the other 50 just wanted to be the first to report Clay's status back to the boards. :cryingwlaughter:

I hope you all like rollercoasters! :cryingwlaughter:

UOTE (PuddinsJoy @ Nov 13 2008, 06:19 PM) *

Meesa (KCChristian4Clay) just called - Clay's out sick again tonight - so is David Hibbard

This is OT and has been shared at CV but I wanted to share with my friends here too.

My father died yesterday. I do not know if I have ever been sadder.I think I am still in a state of shock. My dad was 89, but was in amazing physical and mental condition. Most people thought he was in his early 70s. His voice sounded like a 40 year old. He excercised his mind and body everyday and had been working on a book about a historical Slovak figure. He had his typical full day of activity on Saturday when he was enjoying the Penn State/Iowa game (a graduate of PSU and a huge fan) until it got to be a nailbiter. He grabbed his chest and passed out at the end. The docs were puzzled thinking it was a heart attack but the blood work did not support it. He had a relatively good day on Sunday but seemed weaker than he should have been and had short term memory problems. Yesterday, he was very weak and much more disorietned. I was reasurring him and holding his hand when he seized and stopped breathing. Although they were able to rescusitate him, it was clear he was gone. A CAT scan of the chest revealed a dissection of the aorta. i wonder if he was having a slow leak when he was first brought in that went undiagnosed and untreated. So many questions but it will not bring him back. I am working on celebrating the life he led but this is so tough, tougher than I could ever imagine.

My sister and I are working on his eulogy for the funeral mass. We are told we have 5 minute total. His life was so rich, it will be tough to squeeze it all in and probably tougher to deliver.

You have 5 minutes total?!!? How unfair! Makes no sense at all to limit family members to such a short time! I'm so sorry about the suddenness of his passing...and all the unanswered questions.

Perhaps, if you are truly limited on your time at this formal occasion, you and your sister could schedule a...oh, not a wake, since that time has probably already passed...but some kind of memorial service...or even call it a life celebration party...where you and others can have the time you want/need to speak about this remarkable man in a more relaxed setting. Sharing photographs and memories and maybe sharing a meal together.

I don't want to add to your pain about the dissection of the aorta, but as coincidence would have it, I enjoy watching a show called "Dr. G" where a chief medical examiner relates unusual causes of death and the steps she takes to solve the mystery and come to a final determination. An episode I views this past week described a 75-year old woman who had a minor traffic accident, seemed to make a quick recovery, only to pass away 4 days later from a dissected aorta. The medical examiner determined that what began as a small flap-like tear, did not rupture all the way at first, but once it did, in her case, it was not survivable. Apparently, this kind of thing is hard to detect and, even with surgery, as in the case of John Ritter, such ruptures are often fatal. Doesn't make your loss easier to bear, but might at least make you feel better, knowing that even the most skilled doctors might not have been able to detect or repair what was wrong. I'm glad he was with you at the time, although I can't even imagine how helpless you may have felt.

Dayum, poor Clay! Poor David! Must be something goin' around...or just vicious allergies. Think either of them would appreciate a neti pot? Hey, it's blue. Clay likes blue!

neti_pot.jpg

This probably means nothing, but Entertainment Tonight just ran a bit on the upcoming Jake G. movie. That piece was also in the program listing that originally had Clay's interview noted for 11/6. Fingers crossed that there's still hope for Clay's interview to show up on ET sometime soon.

ETA to clarify - This was the initial listing on RockonTV (via the CH)

About: Entertainment Tonight: (#7084) - 2008/11/06

Jake Gyllenhaal springs into action! Catch advance shots from his video-game-turned gotta-see flick, "Prince of Persia." Clay Aiken comes clean about fame, fatherhood & so much more.

OMG I love that picture of CLay! The glasses are just sooo sexay!!! Rawr!!!

Honest to God, I never even realized he was wearing his glasses until I saw your post! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

I like that picture.

The one of Clay, that is.

Well, except for the tie with the fat paisley thingy on it. Don't like that, but he seems to, so that's okay.

Had a dream with him in it this morning. In the dream I looked in a newspaper and saw pics of Clay doing yoga and getting massages at some place. Lots of guys with towels wrapped around their waists. When I saw a pic of Clay with his whole chest bare, I ran to a phone and called my friend near Raleigh---the one I didn't get a chance to see a couple of weeks ago in my travels---and with SUCH wonder and not just a little pride that I was the one to break the story (waves to bottle *g*), I described in detail the pic---the chest hair and treasure trail leading to the towel...

Then...somehow the pics became moving pics and Clay stood up and stretched---the towel gapped and the treasure trail revealed itself even more....THEN....there was some sort of conveyor belt and the men were lying down on their backs on the belt and moving head first into some sort of machine that looked like those MRI tunnels...

And....and.....YES! There was Clay! On his back! No towel! And I saw....I saw....

his CARPET!

and it was really dark!

But I couldn't see any sign of....

well, you know.

And that was my dream.

I'm not surprised that Clay is staying out until he is really better. Starting the 22nd out of the following 9 days there are 6 days with two shows and one day with only one! A total of 13 shows! That's a pretty hectic schedule.

I hope that whatever he has is the type of thing that you just sit & wait out, and that he's not hurting or miserable in any way.

:hugs-1:{{{Sir Robin}}}

*wonders if there's an easy way to kill the 3G network in NYC for a day or two*

Scarlett, I hate to say it, but if he has a sinus infection, my guess is he feels like crap. I have one right now and I kinda miss breathing!

It's miserable.

Stuffy nose.

Burning when you inhale.

Watery eyes.

I bet he's grumpy.

And I bet he's missing holding his little guy, too.

Poor guy.

ETA:

Your pictures as peasant and the BC pose were wonderful!

You looked great!

:)

I used to like Keith until he started that celebrity stuff. Michael Musto is such a disgusting man. If he only said someone was gay, I agree no biggy but he resorts to commenting on anatomy and what that person's sexual proclivity is. I used to watch Keith every night but after seeing Musto several times I gave up and emailed the show about the whole gossip bit not being necessary on a news show. Never heard a word. Prior to that I had emailed him when I liked something or disagreed but never received an answer. I haven't watched him since. That show is entertainment not news. JMO

I don’t watch him every night, but I don’t believe Keith has done any actual celebrity stuff in…probably six months. Maybe more. Other than a bizarre trading of appearances with Joel McHale. Apparently they are friends. When he did do it, it was the last five minutes of his show, so it seems rather overblown to use that to say it’s not “news”. JMO. For that matter, there are no “news” shows anymore, by that standard.

Heidi I watched CNN pretty nonstop the last month and I don't find it rightish at all. It's not obviously biased IMO like MSNBC and Fox and they always try to give both sides (and yeah that's annoying sometimes). I admit enjoy watching MSNBC (That Rachel chick is a hoot) because well they lean the way I lean. But that's not what I learned in journalism school. And I guess I look at MSNBC and Fox like entertainment, not news. It's like talk radio with pictures.

Oh please – there is NO ONE on television that meets journalistic criteria, and yes I include CNN. Whenever I’ve watched CNN, I’ve found them to be less than accurate. But I get a wide variety of sources for my info – lots of print stuff in addition to TV. And I hate Wolf Blitzer with a passion. Unlike CNN and Fox, MSNBC doesn’t actually deny their bent – especially Keith and Rachel (and token Republican Joe Scarboro or Dem Chris Matthews). I have more respect for that than for poseurs.

tn-500_3.jpg

Oh my.

HeidiHo, I haven't watched his show in probably a year but that was how he lost me as a viewer. I just don't like him anymore. His personality grates on me. I agree CNN has their own biases and as a result I'll only watch it if it is not one of their "stars" doing the commentary. I don't watch Wolf, Lou Dobbs or Anderson Cooper as examples. JMO

I hope Clay is feeling better. I have sinus problems often so I can sympathize.

muski, is your husband out of town again?

You seem a bit.....

frustrated. :lilredani:

BWAH! :hahaha:

Actually, I'm the one who's been out of town for a while....but since I've been back home....

never mind...TMI.

:whistling-1:

I miss Clay. Isn't that silly? I mean, we just had Clack overload from the BAF Gala...and have been BLOGGED! and have seen a great family picture and...

But I still miss him...I really, really miss CONCERT!CLAY! and hope he tours next year....

:praying:

I am hoping he tours next year. I'd really like to see him in NC again. The 106 degree Cary show and the distant Ashville show were his last appearances in the state for NJU fans. I'd like to go with some of my friends who still work but the last show we could all attend was in 2006. I guess that's pretty selfish. They'll just have to wait until he has gone everyplace else. :friends:

I'm hoping to finish up a few projects today like the scrapbook I started for my son's birthday which was over a month ago. :Imok:

ClayandJesseonstage.jpg

Found this pic at Jesse's MySpace site.

Jesse had captioned it "On stage with a singin' fool" !!!

Haven't seen this pic before - I love the expression on Clay's face.

JesseVargasdoinghisthangandQuianate.jpg

CAPTIONED: "Jesse Vargas doing his thang and Quiana teaching Clay how to vogue"

Never heard the term "vogue" used as a verb before....!!