#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Good Morning Everyone,

13 Days until Clay is "Talking Turkey"! :yahoo:

16 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

51 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

73 Days until Golfing for Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From CV:

QUOTE (fifty @ Nov 14 2008, 05:33 AM) *

Breaking News!!!

well maybe... Wheee.gif

my SO just told me that on our local radio station the radio guy was interviewing MSNBC Rachel M. (she is from this area)

anyway,

he asked her what she was up to

and she replied

getting ready for a special with..... Clay Aiken among others

so,

did I uncover something new shrug.gif

or not bleh.gif

Happy Friday!

Sorry I have been MIA. Work and real life has been cutting into my Clay life and I don't like it! hee

Anyway, love the banner and loved pic of Clay, Jaymes and Parker on Dr. Phil. In fact, I did another screen shot and cleaned up the photo some so thought I would share in case anyone wants another version of it. Parker is so adorable. He is the most mesmerizing baby I have ever seen. He must get that from his Daddy, who is pretty mesmerizing himself! Here it is:

clayjaymesandparker_filtered.jpg

So glad its Friday. Have a major thing at work today and once that is over the weekend is mine. YAY!!

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Friday!

Sorry I have been MIA. Work and real life has been cutting into my Clay life and I don't like it! hee

Anyway, love the banner and loved pic of Clay, Jaymes and Parker on Dr. Phil. In fact, I did another screen shot and cleaned up the photo some so thought I would share in case anyone wants another version of it. Parker is so adorable. He is the most mesmerizing baby I have ever seen. He must get that from his Daddy, who is pretty mesmerizing himself! Here it is:

So glad its Friday. Have a major thing at work today and once that is over the weekend is mine. YAY!!

claylove, that cap is awesome -the best I've seen. :clap: Can I ask what software you use? (PM me if you don't mind!)

Scarlett, I have to ask you.... what does this mean?

*wonders if there's an easy way to kill the 3G network in NYC for a day or two*

I have a feeling I should know and don't, and I'm feeling D101!!!!

claylove, that cap is awesome -the best I've seen. :clap: Can I ask what software you use? (PM me if you don't mind!)

Thanks! I just did the cap pausing the video and using print screen & paste into Photoshop Elements, but I also have this program that filters noise better than anything I have ever seen and its actually free. The name of it escapes me at the moment, but I will post it later tonight. It really cleans up photos well.

Never heard the term "vogue" used as a verb before....!!

Just for you -plus I love this video!

It is kind of fuzzy, the original is much sharper and in focus.

Madonna Vogue

Thanks for that Madonna classic... I just didn't make the connection because I've just never heard it used as a verb before despite knowing this Madonna song VERY well! Ah, I am so backward :lilredani:

I hope I look as good as Jaymes when I'm her age. I swear she and Clay look around the same age in that picture. :hubbahubba: THE PRETTY!

Weeell... I better get ready to go to class... Fake-lawyering awaits me. :whistling-1:

Oh please – there is NO ONE on television that meets journalistic criteria, and yes I include CNN.

Well I didn't really sing its praises of accurancy and wonderulness or say that that they were virtuous. I barely even watched cable news berfore the last month of the election when I couldn't resist. For me the best news is still our local FOX station which didn't change to the home station point of view when it became a FOX station. And even here I've mentioned time again the TMZ inluence on CNN makes me sick. My only point is that they aren't "obviously" on one side or the other. When I watch Fox or MSNBC there is no doubt to me that they have a "side" and that is NOT even the right starting point for a network news station as far as I'm concerned. It's the new day though and I can understand people watching the news that gives their point of view. None of it is perfect but it's MY preference due to the way I've always looked at news and what I was taught in college.

I so want to hear Clay singing live again. Looking forward to that day.

ETA cuz what the hell is accurance.

It also occrred to me that I'm probably comparing apples and oranges anyway. CM, RL, KO, RM, LK that isn't news TO ME it's entertainment.

If Clay is going to do something with RM we'll know soon enough. I've always invisioned Clay with a talk show with a partner or team (like the View but for young people and you know not all catty and stuff LOL)

Happy Friday!

OMG, that's adorable, thanks for posting it! One of the OTHER things young Mr. Aiken has received from his Daddy is that gift of looking you RIGHT IN THE EYE.....even in a picture. :) Totally cutie-pie!

Have a good Friday! I bet this "recession" or whatever ya wanna call it is impacting your work.

Happy TGIF, FCA! :lipstick:

Hope y'all are doing well. I read here often. However, my schedule keeps me running with posting time low. Thnx for all the SPAM recaps. :imgtongue:

Thanks! I just did the cap pausing the video and using print screen & paste into Photoshop Elements, but I also have this program that filters noise better than anything I have ever seen and its actually free. The name of it escapes me at the moment, but I will post it later tonight. It really cleans up photos well.

Claylove, I so agree! Looking forward to the name of your program. Hope you don't mind that I inserted your version in my blog: Carolina On My Mind

Besides Wrapping for Inclusion, I focused on other TBAF fundraisers, along with Parker's "appearance" on the Dr. Phil Show. One of the other fundraisers is a 2009 Clay calendar created by Rosaratana, an OFC member, and featuring performance photos by Toni7babe. If you are interested, see order/contact info in the blog. Below are clickables of the cover and January:

th_Cover.jpg th_Jan09a.jpg

ETA: Awesome news about the Rachel Maddow Show!

Have a great Friday and weekend! :lilredani:

Caro listen.gif

Nice to see you posting here, Caro! That looks like a lovely calendar.

Thanks for cleaning up the Parker/Aiken family picture, Claylove! All three of them are so purdy.

Groan - I have to record a BUNCH of music today. It's so difficult to get everything just right, all of the way through each song. Sometimes I've played everything nearly perfectly, and get to the end of the song, and goof up! Arrrgggg! Wish me luck.

piano.gif

Nice to see you posting here, Caro! That looks like a lovely calendar.

Thanks for cleaning up the Parker/Aiken family picture, Claylove! All three of them are so purdy.

Groan - I have to record a BUNCH of music today. It's so difficult to get everything just right, all of the way through each song. Sometimes I've played everything nearly perfectly, and get to the end of the song, and goof up! Arrrgggg! Wish me luck.

piano.gif

Good luck!!!

I'm sitting in the car shop, for its regularly scheduled maintenance. Except, of course, that it's really not, because besides the oil change, I need two new tires and have to have the washer tank repaired. *sigh* It's so much fun getting back to the real world.

Still not totally recovered from the trip, and my husband seems to be coming down with a head cold. Oh, and we still don't have our luggage -- for some reason, it ended up in Baltimore, MD last night.

Gibby, you mentioned that the Magic Kingdom was your favorite of the Disney Parks. I have to say that I'd have a hard time picking a favorite, but it seemed to me that the MK was getting a little frayed around the edges, especially for adults. But the kids around us LOVED that place. EPCOT is such a good learning experience in many ways, and I will always love Soarin', where you feel like you're hang gliding over several beautiful areas of the USA. Mission: Space is also a great motion simulator -- my God, it really did feel like we were taking off in a space shuttle. Animal Kingdom was a totally peaceful day, exploring all the great animals there. The only thing that wasn't peaceful was Expedition: Everest -- such a fantastic roller coaster. The Hollywood Studios park was a great deal of fun for me, as a movie lover. As a big Indiana Jones fan and big Star Wars fan, the rides and shows geared to those movies were great. They also have a new Toy Story themed "ride" that is really more video game combined with 3-D. I would have liked to have done it again, but it was crowded. The roller coaster at that park has the most amazing take off -- 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds. Finally, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror? I thought I would hate it -- but loved every minute of it. That feeling of dropping, knowing that I was in a totally safe environment, was rather exhiliarating.

As a Food Network junkie, I never thought I'd have a true gourmet meal -- but I did on Wednesday night. It was wildly expensive, but so worth it. The place is called Victoria & Alberts, and it's the only restaurant in Disney World property that 1) has a dress code (shirt and coat for guys, dressy clothes for women); and 2) allows no children. Amazing food (food I thought I would never ever get to taste, such as elk), fantastic wine, totally romantic atmosphere, and my mind is still blown by the entire experience.

OK, now that I've bored you all with my trip talk....

YAY for Clay and Rachel Maddow together. It was interesting -- at Disney World, they had the local channels, CNN, and MSNBC -- but no Fox Network. (Also no Food Network, which gave me the shakes). Heh. Anyway, I really got a chance to watch both Keith Olbermann and Rachel for the past week, via watching a lot of MSNBC after getting home from a long day at the parks. Keith can be a bit of a blowhard, but I loved his Prop 8 rant. And now that I've seen Rachel for a good week, I think I'll keep watching her. I love her snarky sense of humor, and I think she and Clay will be a good match for each other.

That new picture of the "family" warms my heart so much. I cannot stop staring at Parker -- he's so freakin' adorable. I love that "we" got a new picture so soon after the first set.

Did anyone rip the UNICEF PSA that was posted a few days ago? I'd like to have that for my collection.

I think, for me, Magic Kingdom is kind of retro cool. I am sure it's changed a lot since '96 when I was last there, but I remember going as a child on March break with my parents a few times, so it was neat to see some of the old rides, and experience some of the new ones. I also liked the Tower of Terror at MGM (even though it made one of my kids cry). LOL I wish the Animal Kingdom had been open then. Probably so much new stuff there now...one of these years I'll get back to it. Glad you had a good time!

Caro, I will be checking out some of those BAF fundraisers on your blog. The calendar looks particularly cool. I usually make my own each year, but this sounds like an easier, better way to go about it. And it benefits charity!

Interesting about Rachel Maddow....I don't believe we get MSNBC on our satellite, so I've never seen the show, but any possibility of Clay on my TV is a good possibility. :)

Fingers crossed for tonight's performance of Spamalot....for Clay and for all holding tickets. I think it's great the way fans in NYC have banded together, helping each other out. It sounds like there are lots of people extending their stay in the hopes that Clay will feel better. I hope it works out.

This weekend, I will be puppy sitting, doing laundry, and watching figure skating. Fun, fun, fun.

Oh pooh. Just as I had hopes...that'll teach me (once again, I should learn that better in this fandom). From the CH:

The radio interview with Rachel is here: http://www.whmp.com/pages/3230747.php (Really bad reception tho...)

It was mentioned by the host as part of his introduction. Unfortunately, it seems like he was joking to me. Bummer.

I had not heard of Rachel Maddow until yesterday so I have been watching some video of her on You Tube and wish that I got MSNBC on my cable.

Here is a commentary on her show after her ratings were higher than Oberman's.

Oh pooh. Just as I had hopes...that'll teach me (once again, I should learn that better in this fandom). From the CH:

The radio interview with Rachel is here: http://www.whmp.com/pages/3230747.php (Really bad reception tho...)

It was mentioned by the host as part of his introduction. Unfortunately, it seems like he was joking to me. Bummer.

Yep - I don't get excited about anything like this any more until it's in the vault, lol. Given MSNBC's online track record with Clay I am not even all that sorry. JMO of course.

Lotus, you didn't really meant Rachel Ray, did you?

:)

Oops!!!!! I did mean Maddows. See...being a Clay fan the only Rachel last name that came unconsciously to my typing fingers was Ray.

And even though in the interview http://www.whmp.com/pages/3230747.php it seems as tho' it was a joke that Clay is on her show, you know, she's gay, he's gay, the interview itself is a fun listen.

And as is pointed out in the Young Turks video you get one liberal news commentator on MSNBC then ratings will rise, and now with two with Rachel Maddow, even more so.

TV stations as well as people can change and, even if we might not like what they have done or said in the past, I welcome this change.