#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

From the website

Small pic of Clay, Jaymes and Parker...awwwwwwwww

cjp.jpg

"You have a sister, Jaymes," Dr. Phil says to David. "And she and Clay Aiken had a baby together named Parker."

Dr. Phil shows a photo of Jaymes and pop singer Clay Aiken with their child.

"Isn't that great? They took that picture yesterday, just for this show, and you know, Jaymes was married for 20-odd years and never had any children, always felt that she wanted to, and they found a beautiful way to be a family. And it's no secret what's going on with the three of them, but they're going to be great parents together, and it's a great thing," David says.

Outfit is the same as the Spring Awakening photos - so 'yesterday' must be the day before the taping (D101!!) They make such a beautiful family. :wub: Parker is a doll!!

(ETA: David really likes the word great, lolol)

{{{{Cagney}}}} I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

This is OT and has been shared at CV but I wanted to share with my friends here too.

My father died yesterday. I do not know if I have ever been sadder.I think I am still in a state of shock. My dad was 89, but was in amazing physical and mental condition. Most people thought he was in his early 70s. His voice sounded like a 40 year old. He excercised his mind and body everyday and had been working on a book about a historical Slovak figure. He had his typical full day of activity on Saturday when he was enjoying the Penn State/Iowa game (a graduate of PSU and a huge fan) until it got to be a nailbiter. He grabbed his chest and passed out at the end. The docs were puzzled thinking it was a heart attack but the blood work did not support it. He had a relatively good day on Sunday but seemed weaker than he should have been and had short term memory problems. Yesterday, he was very weak and much more disorietned. I was reasurring him and holding his hand when he seized and stopped breathing. Although they were able to rescusitate him, it was clear he was gone. A CAT scan of the chest revealed a dissection of the aorta. i wonder if he was having a slow leak when he was first brought in that went undiagnosed and untreated. So many questions but it will not bring him back. I am working on celebrating the life he led but this is so tough, tougher than I could ever imagine.

My sister and I are working on his eulogy for the funeral mass. We are told we have 5 minute total. His life was so rich, it will be tough to squeeze it all in and probably tougher to deliver.

I'm so sorry for your loss, cagney1950.

I can so relate to all the questions. The details really aren't important, but my father's death was similar in that in retrospect it was pretty obvious he'd had a heart issue, but the doctors didn't pick it up, and after a few days, he died. The only thing that made me start to stop second guessing (most of the time, I still do now and then) was that so many men at his funeral came up to me and said, with so much feeling, "I want to go like your father did." As unfair as it seems for him to die when so energetic and vital, your father had a great life and a quick death. I know my father would've despised being an invalid, or being slowed down and unable to do everything for himself. (Everything meaning everything: fix the roof, trim the trees, repair the appliances......) The hard part is not having a chance to truly say goodbye. I'm glad you were able to be there with him at the end, although that's hard too.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20081112cbs01

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

CBS's Holiday Programming

Thursday, Nov. 27 (9:00 AM-Noon, Live ET 8:00-11:00AM, live CT 7:00-10:00 AM, live MT 1:00-4:00 PM, delayed PT) THE THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE ON CBS--Dave Price and Maggie Rodriguez of CBS News' "The Early Show" host this CBS Thanksgiving tradition which features the 82nd annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade live from New York. Also featured are performances by country music duo Sugarland and the Broadway casts of "Mary Poppins" and "Grease." Guests include Clay Aiken and CBS Daytime drama stars Jessica Leccia ("Guiding Light") and Julie Pinson ("As the World Turns").

So very sorry for the loss of your dad cagney.

I wanted to add that I am a INTJ also, but I didn't take the new test, I took one at a seminar a few years ago. I was too lazy to do the test last night. I'm studying for the tax test I have to pass in order to volunteer again this spring. Too many tests.

That's exciting that Clay will be at the Thanksgiving Day parade.

So, my results are here. INTJ, Strategist, Intellectual, Musical, Intrapersonal, and Kinesthetic.

Gibby we are a lot alike until I got to the multiple intelligences--very similar personality type though!

Wanda's personality test

Seaking in on a quick break from training again today... I've got the screen majorly minimzed as to not get caught :unsure: so I missed who posted the bigger pic of the little family, but THANK YOU!!! What a CUTIE! Yep, just like his dad. :wub:

I think Keith O. was one of the ones that mocked Clay and he didn't even know him. I quess I feel he's being somewhat inconsistent and feels this might be more politically correct at this time. I thought the part about not voting was irresponsible.

That was board generated (surprise, surprise); KO had someone on who mocked Clay but KO was conspicuously silent on the matter. Interestingly the boards were all up in arms about Michael Musto being the one who as on and being “mean” to Clay and it wasn’t even Musto at all. So all these people were getting upset over something they hadn’t even seen. I did see it and didn’t see what the big deal was.

I think Keith O. was one of the ones that mocked Clay and he didn't even know him. I quess I feel he's being somewhat inconsistent and feels this might be more politically correct at this time. I thought the part about not voting was irresponsible.

I'm a CNN girl so didn't realize until recently that MSNBC had turned into the the opposite of FOX News. When did that happen? Too funny. I happened to be watching last night and saw that for myself. It was a fantastic rant. You 'think" he mocked Clay? Eh! I can't live my life trying to remember who said what about Clay and why. I think that is destructive and useless and everybody is an asshole once in a while. Unless your name is Kathy Griffin or Conan O"Brien etc who make it their job to mock Clay then I have other uses for the grudge holding side of my brain.

CNN is horrible as well – possibly as bad as Fox, from what I understand. I hate it, so I don’t watch it much. One of my friends says it has gone to the right. MSNBC is definitely lefty, but unlike Fox, they don’t tend to LIE at the drop of a hat.

Word to you on the not living your life trying to remember who was mean to Clay. <g> I remember the Keith stuff because I like Keith. He gives good rant. <g>

I volunteer to go to NYC and make sure Clay stays in bed. I think the parade guests are the ones who show up along the street and talk to the reporters or whatever.

{{{Cagney}}} So sorry for you loss. I know how hard it is.

I volunteer to go to NYC and make sure Clay stays in bed. I think the parade guests are the ones who show up along the street and talk to the reporters or whatever.

If that is what a guest does then he might be on the show longer than just as a singer.

This is a really fuzzy blow-up, but click and look at that red hair!! :cryingwlaughter:

post-784-1226504508_thumb.jpg

He (Parker) looks so much chubbier than the first/People pics. He is SO CUTE!!! He has that in common with his Dad, you know. dadrocksandmomtoo.png

It's great to see Parker looking so much chubbier! I thought he looked a little on the skinny side in his earlier pictures. And I love the reddish hair! He's a real cutie. Like his dad!

So, my results are here. INTJ, Strategist, Intellectual, Musical, Intrapersonal, and Kinesthetic.

Gibby we are a lot alike until I got to the multiple intelligences--very similar personality type though!

Wanda's personality test

Wow, we are similar! Even the percentages are pretty close. Looks like we have several INTJs on the board!

Gibby, I agree, and almost added that to my original post, but somehow it feels weird to speculate on him on the boards. NOT at all saying nobody should - just that it feels weird to me. That said, it seems like his surgery was successful and he's gaining weight (assuming the condition (pyloric stenosis) that had him throwing up so much was keeping his weight low). He looks like a chubby, beautiful, healthy little boy!

That was board generated (surprise, surprise); KO had someone on who mocked Clay but KO was conspicuously silent on the matter. Interestingly the boards were all up in arms about Michael Musto being the one who as on and being “mean” to Clay and it wasn’t even Musto at all. So all these people were getting upset over something they hadn’t even seen. I did see it and didn’t see what the big deal was.

I'm a CNN girl so didn't realize until recently that MSNBC had turned into the the opposite of FOX News. When did that happen? Too funny. I happened to be watching last night and saw that for myself. It was a fantastic rant. You 'think" he mocked Clay? Eh! I can't live my life trying to remember who said what about Clay and why. I think that is destructive and useless and everybody is an asshole once in a while. Unless your name is Kathy Griffin or Conan O"Brien etc who make it their job to mock Clay then I have other uses for the grudge holding side of my brain.

CNN is horrible as well – possibly as bad as Fox, from what I understand. I hate it, so I don’t watch it much. One of my friends says it has gone to the right. MSNBC is definitely lefty, but unlike Fox, they don’t tend to LIE at the drop of a hat.

Word to you on the not living your life trying to remember who was mean to Clay. <g> I remember the Keith stuff because I like Keith. He gives good rant. <g>

{{{Cagney}}} So sorry for you loss. I know how hard it is.

I used to like Keith until he started that celebrity stuff. Michael Musto is such a disgusting man. If he only said someone was gay, I agree no biggy but he resorts to commenting on anatomy and what that person's sexual proclivity is. I used to watch Keith every night but after seeing Musto several times I gave up and emailed the show about the whole gossip bit not being necessary on a news show. Never heard a word. Prior to that I had emailed him when I liked something or disagreed but never received an answer. I haven't watched him since. That show is entertainment not news. JMO

cagney, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Such sad news.

I took the test and it seems I am an ISTP, too. I guess Clay and I have more in common than just knowing what the capitol of Azerbaijan is.

Most beautiful and enticing banner up there, cindilu2. Very very nice!

It will be great to have some TV show clack to warm up a chilly November day. Can't wait.

Thanks for the nice banner comments, ladies. My current big wish is that whomever is hording the pics from that photo shoot will GIVE THEM UP!!!

I just watched the David Foster segment on Dr. Phil. Hee- Dr. Phil loves him some David. I didn't realize that there are five sisters in the Foster family. Little Parker has one large extended family!!! O/T, but David's daughter, whom he gave up for adoption when he was twenty, really looks like Jaymes. The shot of C/J/P is huge and on the screen behind them while David speaks - looks really good! I like that there was no 'AI' mention (in either definition, lol), Dr. Phil just referred to him as Clay Aiken. The whole thing is maybe 30 seconds long, and very respectful.

ETA: Thanks for the cap, cha cha! Gosh, they make me smile.

EATA: David has certainly had an interesting life and career. Some interesting things from the segment - He has FIVE sisters (including Jaymes) and he's the only boy. Anyone remember when Ben Vereen got hit by a car while walking on the highway a few yeas ago (ten, actually)??? Did you know it was David that hit him? I didn't. And I guess they were actually friends, and David was there beside him, on the phone with 911 (they played the recording on the show) and didn't even know it was Ben. He said besides the death of his father, it was the worst day of his life. Awww.