#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Matinee Recap:

Good size crowd.... Not sure if sell out

Awesome energy from audience. I am in row G and people are hysterical around me

LOTL hit clay as she came out got knights. He was mad he didn't get the arm. When the nun spun he held his feet up

Lancelot landed on top of bedevere when god showed up. He stayed there for a bit

Jenny really got him with her skirt during run away

It's great to be back. I posted that I'd be out until after the election, but then there's been everything else in life. I'm just glad the financial statements are in and the auditors are off on their merry way.

What a story, wandacleo. Did you pay the animal sitter? I'm so glad Gracie's home.

Fear, I know that Clay is still in Spamalot, but since I won't be seeing any more shows boo hoo and I haven't seen any SD for a while, it's feeling semi-remote to me, in a way. I am so ready to see Clay on stage, as himself, singing his songs, which is why I so eagerly anticipate Rosie's show -- with fingers and toes crossed.

I'd definitely love to see more pictures such as the one on Dr. Phil. OMG that made me swoon with happiness for Clay, and Jaymes -- not to mention Mr. ParkerMan, who appears to be in charge now. The happiness all but jumps out of that photograph. This must be a blissful time for Clay. I can't wait for what's next for Mr. A List.

I love these recaps. Makes me so grateful, GRATEFUL for the opportunity I had to see this show (and Clay in this show) for myself. Even more so with the knowledge that this really was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I mean, who knew there would soon be a last run for Spamalot when I got my tickets for Clay's first run? So ever-loving grateful. And to have shared it with my very good friends...the laughs, the hugs, the squees, the good food! I'll always remember...oh, so many things.

So, those who are going for the first time, or again...please keep sharing these tidbits. I have been needing these little reasons to smile. More later. I'm way behind, y'all.

Ok 00lsee if you insist*g*

From ClayReno @ CB:

Recap of tonight show

No BC

Very good attendance orch full mezzanine almost full

balcony not bad

Energetic enthusiastic audience

Full cast show great performances

Clay's YWSOB greatly applauded

Patsy's LOTBSOL also a standout

LOTL's Diva's Lament loudly received

Rick and Tom always on fire

A great night !

Goodbye Spam& NY

Recap may travel

Just checking in to say hello as I've been missing in action. I returned home from St Louis to discover that my animal sitter had let my little cat Gracie outside and she ran away from him and he couldn't find her. She had been missing for 3 days when I got back and he was afraid to call and tell me AND my older cat, Larry, had a big wound in his side (that the sitter hadn't noticed.) I took Larry for surgery and grieved for 3 days, crying and carrying on over Gracie. So sad. Then, I was sitting in the living room Thursday night and heard a frantic meowing at the front door. I opened it and looked out and Gracie ran right through the door and into the kitchen and starting wolfing (catting) down food. She was skinny and hungry and about berserk with purring joy to see me, but she's ok.

Now, I have to be good for the rest of my frigging life because I bargained with God, the universe, and any alien forefathers for Gracie's return. I promised to give up all sinning, bad thoughts, etc. Thank God I didn't bargain away Clay or swearing or I'd have nothing left.

wanda... So glad Gracie made it back!!! She waited for mommy! Bad pet sitter! I housesit/catsit for friends and I am always extra careful, cause I never want to have to make any calls bout nothin'!!!

Here I am, "Clay"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours .... (can't get that song out of my head for some reason ..)

Random thoughts:

I made a pot of chili today, Muski. Started it about 10 a.m. and just ate. Excellent stuff for Sundays in November, with the shredded cheese and diced onions on top.

Talked to my oldest granddaughter today, her 17th birthday. No, I am NOT that old. I was a teen-age mother and DS1 was a teen-age father. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, she's a crazy rabid reader and I asked her if she'd seen Twilight, since I know she reads the books. Her answer: The acting was embarrassing. That was her take, but then, she's an artiste and a tough audience to boot.

I've been so busy at the workplace, and with new family issues on top of the standing ones with my parents, that I've been mentally, emotionally and physically drained. But ... we have a new puppy as of yesterday, and that darling little Shih Tsu has my heart. What a cutie. She's had me laughing and sighing -- although last night was a little rough because she wanted to wander around the house and wouldn't stay put!

My funny of the day ... or the funny of my youngest son, the guitar player. I heard some ZZ Top playing on TV ~~ Bad and Nationwide ~~ while in the garage (where the guitars, drums and amps live). DS2 was playing some guitar in the background at the time and I mentioned that, in the spirit of bipartisanship, Obama should have ZZ play that song at the inauguration (Billy Gibbins being an outspoken Republican, you know, and that song "fitting" IMO). Without missing a beat, my son hit the opening chords of "Jesus Just Left Chicago." I guess you had to be there -- but it made me laugh. He's pretty quick, that kid.

I've been keeping up fairly well, mostly during down time at the office, but I got a new computer and my cookies are erased and I never have the logins to do anything more than read there. The computer opportunities on the home front have been, generally, right out impossible lately. However, all thanks to merrieeee who has been her usual angel self keeping me up to speed.

I'm so excited about Rosie Live and anxious to see Clay on my TV again -- LIVE!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This precious little puppy is in my lap as I write -- she's gonna make toast out of me.

keeping... squee!!! :Boss: I'm so glad to see you able to be back, even a bit... and a good week with multiple Clay sightings coming... eeeee

Okay, wth is everybody? I'm in a crappy mood right now so feel free to scroll. I just got an email from one of those ex-Clay fans explaining to me all about how they cannot condone Clay's behavior, blah blah blah. How do they excuse theirs, is what I want to know. And no, I'm not patient like Clay so my response was not pleasant. Been reading too many idiot posts on political boards from anti-gay and anti-gay marriage people and it has put me in a foul mood.

On a happier note, I get to see Clay from front row this Tuesday for the first time ever so that should help improve my mood tremendously, that is, if I don't kill someone from having to drive in NYC again. And then I get to see him on my tv on Wednesday and Thursday, and I get to listen to his voice for 5 straight hours on my way to NY. Just put in some of the Christmas concert cd's into my cd changer in my car, along with my OMWH so I'm ready to do some major driving. Nothing better than Clay singing Christmas music, unless it is Clay singing something else, or Clay talking, or Clay breathing. Know what I mean? And if anyone wants me to text them or call after Spam, just pm me. Or if you need me to pick up something, let me know.

{{{justclay12}}}

Argh, been offline becoss the external problem wasn't enough, now the laptop itself is deciding to shut down on a whim......and then not reboot for a while, either. My guess is it's overheating. I guess I'd better get it looked at before the warranty runs out.

Some Spam recaps from yesterday's matinee via CH:

I went to Spamalot this afternoon with Winky and Deezer. Lots of NJU, lots of men, lots of laughs. It was a great audience. The actors played off the audience. The French Taunters are getting more raunchy as the show comes to an end. Clay was fabulous and the two lascivious pelvic thrusts he gave at the end? If I were sitting closer, he would have put my eye out. Yowza!

I got my picture taken with Clay and Merle. I smiled at Merle. I think. I can't remember becoss the Aiken fog took over and what came out of my mouth, well, let's just say that I still feel like an idiot. Clay was nice, he held out his arm for me to snuggle, um, stand next to him for the pic, asked my name, put his arm around me and we all smiled pretty for the camera. I did get to say, 'there's way too much pretty up on this stage' before the flash went off. Picture turned out OK except they're gorgeous and I'm normal. It was quick, quick, quick, then over.

SPAMALOT

First time I noticed that when Clay is running after the girls during the KOTRT, Rick is making cat scratches at the girls (adorable).

At the end of the French Taunters scene, I noticed for the first time that there is a huge French flag being waved as the Knights and the King come forward, before the curtain goes down behind them… I have seen Spamalot quite a ….hmmmm…. few times, isn't it amazing how focused we are on Clay during the show? This flag is HUMONGOUS yet totally disappeared from my eyesight for all those other times I've seen the show!!!!

The Knight of Ni introduced himself and his cohorts as the "Knights who say…" long pause, quite a few people in the audience filling in the "Ni"…. He finally continues to say: "Ni, keepers of the ….." and then ends with a c0ckle doodle doo (as in a rooster sound). Audience in stitches!!!! He did the Darth Vader – "Luke, I am your father" a couple of times.

When playing the piano, Clay flubbed his last two notes, and made this cross-eyed 'yuk' face – audience lapped it up! The Bottle Dance was HUGELY appreciated by the audience!

Standing ovation as the cast takes their final bow.

BC

Rick did the spiel. Clay mentioned that Wally had the items for sale… only poor Wally was stuck in the slats (underneath the tower)… He finally made it out, but by then the King and Clay were in stitches. Rick did a good job of telling us that we had to pay to get in to see the show and that we would have to pay to get out as well… Audience guffaws…. Pictures are to be taken with Clay and Merle for $40.

Starfishy and I had arranged beforehand that I would get a picture alone with Clay and Merle and then the two of us would take a second one with them. I was the first one to take a picture with them…. Clay (and his green eyes *dies*) asked me my name, shook my hand and I got sandwiched between Merle and Clay *swoons*. Then I was asked to wait on stage on the side until Starfishy made it up on stage. While I was waiting, somebody took a pic with Merle and Clay and then a second one with Clay alone. So when Starfishy came up on stage, I asked if Merle minded if we took the picture with Clay alone and she smiled sweetly and moved off a bit. Just before the picture was about to be taken, Clay said "Hold on a minute" and did a deep knee bend bringing us down with him - now that's all fine and dandy for Clay who has been doing the Bottle Dance and all that, but my knees don't do knee bends so good at my age… so I kind of lost my balance and had to regain it by putting my hand on his thigh *gulps*… I'm sure he really felt bad for me and kind of pulled me back up with him (can we do that move one more time Clay?)… and what was all that about you ask? Well, I'm going to tell (tm Herbert)… Clay then said: "Hold on, pictures are with Merle and I today". OK Clay, no problem… so Merle joined the three of us again and we got our picture taken. Clay gave me the sweetest smile and off I went…. Awwwwwww! Starfishy has taken the pictures with her and will scan them and post them later tonight.

And that's all that's fit to be printed folks… More after tonight's show!

This recap may travel.

Here is my recap for Sunday matinee:

The show was pretty packed, a few stray seats in the orchestra when lights went down - -I had heard at the window that only single seats were available, there was a family of three trying to get seats together and all they could get was one in front of the other and the third down and over in another row. Not sold out but, the last few coming in for tickets weren't too happy. The mezz looked full and the balcony had a lot in the middle, but the edges were empty. No one was out sick at all.

Lots of Clay ladies down at front and side but behind us lots of NJU with many guys. Behind me sat a man (who later was peasant) who laughed and laughed. There was another man down to the right of me also laughing quite hard. They were enjoying it from the start. They especially laughed at Clay's part after God gives the knights the quest to find the grail. Quail? There was a boat at the last supper? Was it sort of a dinner cruise? Somebody swallowed it? all got laughing from these guys and the audience. The pants soiling and the guard also got them going.

Clay was naughty in Camelot, he was way over at the left and squatted with his legs spread at the ladies, really !!! Rude Gestures!! I'm glad his mother wasn't there ( ). Some of our ladies were worried he'd sit down, he was getting so low. Let's hope he didn't hurt himself... LOTL pushed Clay teasingly in the chest when she first came in to do the striptease, before he sat down to watch and before she took anything off (never saw her do that before - maybe he wasn't getting out of the way? It was flirty). She threw the arm piece just above him to the knight of the chorus behind him.. The French lady ruffled her skirt against Clay (up and down his whole body) and was even mussing his hair with her skirt at the end of the Run Away! part after the taunting and failed Wooden Rabbit.

Rick was very flirty tonight. Lots of hips swivels when he could. His knights of ni was very funny. As MarieD reported when he said they were no longer called the Knights who say Ni but now were called the Knights who say...he ended with the heavy Darth Vader breathing and "Luke I am your father" and then he started again as if he was going to restate it but skip that but he did it again! He then went through it all a third time. It was hilarious. Then he egged the King on to say it all...but he didn't ... Since the peasant was a man (an obviously married man there with his wife and son), he blew him a kiss and then flirted again with him when was doing the BC spiel. He seemed to be in very high spirits tonight and totally loving it.

Clay's pants soiling scene went very well. He had his proud look the worried and horrified and stopped the tamborine with great comic timing. He got lots of laughs. His pants soiling was sort of silent and then he looked round at his backside and, well, ran off. It was a riot.

I'm trying to remember about Clay's tongue. I did see it tonight in one of the scenes, but not the bottle dance. mmmm..need to think about that!! In the bottle dance it was like he pursed his lips and blew for emphasis when he did the movements in the dance. No tongue wag or cheeks puffed. The audience was laughing at his facial expressions. He gave a funny face when he blew a few notes at the piano (very cute) and also got a laugh. He was FABULOUS at his big song.

No ears out during the guard scene. No braiding. But was very funny.

Clay definitely beat out LOTL tonight on final cheering. He was well received in this and in the finale. My he does looooook gooooood in that white tux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He shook his shoulders on the right side of stage and, on the left, he gave a hip thrust. Well, at this point you knew there were Claymates about since there was sort of a general shriek when he did that although most of the *regular folk* would have been looking at the other things going on in the center of the stage at this point (I don't know what 'cause you know I was watching C L A Y).

Sock report: I saw them. Twice. They had small stripes all about the same width and multicolored: red white blue-grey and some other colors but I won't testify on a Bible which (very colorful- not patriotic colors only but I can't seem to be sure if it was yellow or green too). Reminder to self: remember to schedule that camera implant in the cornea for on-the-spot sock snaps

I was in A101, but alas I had heard B101 was the peasant last night. So, I knew the gentleman behind me was going to be peasant. He didn't know. He was a little reluctant to go up. He was laughing there though. He snubbed our BF's handshake (*sniff*). As I mentioned, Rick was flirting with him, blew him a kiss.

I'll do a second recap on the BC cares pics....

And more evening recaps via CH:

All good things must come to an end, so this will be my last recap *oh! Sigh*.

I safely ate dinner in my room (picked up a sandwich from Junior's after the matinee) and dutifully remained on the sidewalk all the way to the Shubert – so fortunately no misadventure to report.

SPAMALOT

In the tower scene, his disdain for the King was perfectly perfect tonight – the best from all the six shows I have seen this week. We know Clay is the King of Snark and tonight King Arthur was his target!

In the Not Dead Yet scene, Clay has a new shtick. When he sings his song about being afraid to fight and that he is afraid that he may simply run away…. He holds the 'triangle' to his chest the last time he hits it which gives a 'muted sound' as opposed to the loud 'ding' – very appropriate!

In the All for One scene, I never noticed that as Clay is doing his yodeling, Lancelot and Galahad look at each other and sign to each other that it's time to pull Robin back…. Very cute!

In KOTRT, when Clay goes up to try to charm the LOTL and she kind of hits him in the stomach to shoo him away, he backs up and sits on the 'stage' and is totally crestfallen and is asking Galahad "Why, oh why?" – Clay does 'crestfallen' soooooo well!!!!

In the God scene, Clay staying down while the grail is 'falling' down on the screen, makes his not understanding the Grail and thinking it's a quail more believable. When the cymbal sound comes, he kind of walks on his knees towards the orchestra and makes this face like "You're stupid and not funny at all" – hilarious!

During the Slo Mo scene, Lancelot has this new shtick like he is wiping spit from the King off his uniform in total disgust – it got great laughs!

His YWSOB was cheered beyond belief tonight – the stumping got the audience going and the Bottle Dance music was drowned by the cheers and applause.

At the end of the Wedding scene, Clay did his little dance again with Patsy and Bedevere, only when he did the 'hawt' moves, he also made this really goofy face – took away from the 'hawtness', but was varry varry funny

There was no BC tonight, so the cast went straight into the ALOTBSOL. Clay has always done this hard move with his arm as the cannon goes off to let the confetti down, only tonight the cannon was delayed by a few seconds and Clay got this look of surprise on his face and when the confetti finally did come down, he kind of shrugged look at one of the girls behind him and gave this cross-eyed look and 'yuk' face – priceless!

Standing ovation during their last bow and as Clay was backing up he gave his regular salute and shimmied all the way back – yummy!!!!!!

THE END

And this folks, brings us to the end of my NYC/Spamalot extended weekend!!!! It has been an incredible, fun, exciting, adventurous and memorable one for sure.

I am pretty sure I will be back for closing weekend and will have to live through my wonderful memories until then.

I want to thank everyone who appreciated my recaps. It's always nice to get feedback when writing lengthy (read endless) reports.

This recap may travel.

justclay12, don't let anyone steal your happiness. Some people dwell on the dark side and it's sad that this person had to share her unhappiness. Have fun at Spamalot. :killer_rabbit:

This week is the last week that the gym, of which I have been a member for 11 years, is open. My membership is being transferred to Gold's Gym. So next time anyone seems me I should be pretty buff. Yeah, in my dreams. I'm looking forward to change at any rate. :treadmill:

Thanks luckiest for all the recaps. Good luck with your computer.

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until Clay is on Rosie Live!

:yahoo:

3 Days until Clay is Talking Turkey!

6 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

41 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

63 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

So shoot me, I've been out surfing the boards. Slow day. Heh.

Another detailed Spam recap, this time via CV:

from Austenfan at CB

Some notes from a Saturday night show ....

The audience was very inclined to laugh. They didn't cheer at the tower or the entrace of Idol Of My Age so NJU and not many fans. But a big laugh at the Idol Of My Age line and spontaneous applause at the high note. It's comedic and impressive.

The swinging mace ladies got a big kick from Clay. Literally. No real shimmy tonight. Clay seems to be saving those for Jenny Hill in the finale lately. Jenny got a nice little shimmy before the final hip bump at the wedding celebration. Cocktail waitress just gave a dainty blown kiss...She's appeared somewhat schoolgirl shy lately. Building up for the big finale. Looks like mace ladies are picking up where Cocktail Waitress left off... got a Sir Robin looking under mace girl skirt. Oh the memories...Dice lady getting dicey again wrapping her scarf behind Clay's neck. My angle was not the best but it appeared she danced around him, a dance of mystery...the dances that can't be seen are usually the best ones. When Clay was doing the Find Your Grail sway - he squatted down deep...gettin down with yo' grail. Peace out...

The can-can lady did her skirt attack thang...seems like she's Clay hair obsessed (how unusual is that) as her skirts roughed up that head of hair something awful...thankfully the hair seems to have survived in tact. Where will those skirts go next? Hmmm.

To soil or not to soil that is the question....Clay answered. He soiled. Twice. First soiling a deep squat...careful not to move...I'm thinking that load was marked fragile...then a running waddle off stage. Spattering of applause for that. Next soiling....a small bend, subtle rear on display, then a elegant (if that's possislbe in a soil situation) duck walk backwards and the shaking of the tabard....must have been pungent ...er powerful.

Clay's wobbly guard gets so much laugh mileage even without all the ad-lib space. I do miss the ad-libs. I very much miss the 'If if umm...moment where father hangs over the guard hoping he's finally got it and almost wills him not to ask more questions. When Chris Seiber left the timing of that didn't work as well and they changed it but Bradley Dean has got it down now and I wish they'd bring it back. Still Clay's confused face, his wide open eyes and puffed out lips and heel to toe bounces of confusion, bending forward and then back likes he's ready to fall over and sudden pulling together to look competent 'Got it' absolutely. His laugh when he realizes he's guarding the prince and not HIM (other guard) cause it would be daft to guard him when he's a guard...he gets so familiar and suddenly gets all business....Huge laughs just for the faces and moves. He even managed some real ribbon braiding quickly at the start. Man's practiced in the ribbon braiding department.

Brother Maynard is getting a laugh at every phrase...so nose in the air...so British clergy...then the full on Gospel 'I Got It Honey' Ay-ayayayayaymennnnn!!!!! Got spontaneous applause from an NJU audience. That was hot honey.

Must have been lots of Jews in da house. You Won't Succeed On Broadway got burst of spontaneous applause on the 'without any Jews line'. Big flip tonight. The tunic was generous. The landscape was hilly. Clay hunched over the piano keys with intensity of preparation, no exercises of the hands or shoulders...just pure artistic thought...oh the music to be...then chopsticks...big laugh on that. They loved, loved, loved the Bottle Dance. Those strong legs stretched out fully and then up onto the knee....other leg goes out....Impressed round of applause. Oy...Oy...Oy yeah.

Peasant tonight was a sweet lady who appeared quite taken with Clay, pointing at him and looking at him. When she got her 'award' aka Peasant Foot - she held it up and showed it to him. When she walked off stage Clay wagged his finger at her....

Finale dance was kind of a side to side party dance with alternating leg kicks at knee high, kick to one side, kick to the other and then a pelvic thrust, thrust, thrust...can't stay pleasant party mode for long...shake it baby. LOTL got a nice cheer. While she's not a natural comedian her vocals are wonderful and the audience recognizes that. But then Clay got a really huge cheer for his bow and he did a little victory dance and Merle danced right back at him. Uh huh.

Clay did the money talk for Broadway Cares. Green just suits that man. So does talking. Sticking that tongue out....gotta keep it in shape. He said that Broadway Cares raised 85 million so far and at the end of the show it'll be 95 million. Audience laughed and eyes of dancer behind nearly popped out of her head. Clay's an optimist. When Wally Dunn held up the items for sale Clay started describing them in a British accent ala Sir Robin/Guard. Merle Dandredge did a copycat and tried some sort of 'goodness knows what' accent like when your nine year old thinks he can speak a new language -and Clay asked 'What accent is that? She immediately switched to plain ole fashioned English. Clay spoke about there are shows all over the country raising money and there's a competition among shows so if you go to another show, don't give -em any money. Last year Spamalot came in second and 'I'm tired of coming in second' he glared. Ooh he had a mad on. The audience cracked up. Pictures at the bargain price of $40 with Clay. My credit card cried and I did it anyway. My new retirement age - 587. When it passes Methusela I'm done for.

We then joined Clay and the cast in a rousing rendition of Always Look On The Bright Side of Life after they kindly informed us the words were projected above us...well a few of us don't know that...the big bright sky...confetti....all good.

Sweet Dreams!!!

So the big kerfuffle on the boards this morning seems to be a joke Jimmy Kimmel made last night at the American Music Awards (which I didn't watch).....when talking about the year in music, he said "Katy Perry kissed a girl and liked it. Clay Aiken did not." Okay, really, what's the problem? I fail to see how there is anything to get upset about. It wasn't insulting, it wasn't homophobic, it was even mildly amusing. Clay got his name mentioned in prime time yet again, and while, yeah sure, I'd rather that he'd been on the awards show in person, at least they still consider him news-worthy. It's all good in my books. Can't wait for the next Kimmel appearance. And of course, can't wait for the Rosie appearance & the parade appearance later this week. Life is good! :)

From CH, you can watch the Kimmel clip here. (it is a David Archuleta blog site, 2nd youtube clip)

I think part of the problem with some folks joking about Clay being gay is that for some people they don't want to be reminded of the fact! It is fine in the abstract but when it is out (heh) in the open (heh) it is like OMG it's real!

Some conveniently locked it away as if it wasn't true. If ever he is seen with a bf well......what fun that day will be on the boards!

Well crap I lost my post.... ARGH

Let's see...waved and squeezed KeepingFaith, told aikim I posted before I caught up which I have no problem doing since I reject all Television without pity rules, wondered if Clay will sing and bring the funny on Rosie but who cares I'll see him on my TV, and wondered what everyone, with apologies to non Americans, is doing for Thankgiving. My sister invited us over which just means I have to cook and then drag everything over to her house :cryingwlaughter: I just said it in about 3 paragraphs heee.

Anyway...oh yeah It's Monday. But it's a 3 day work week. So Yay.

The light is coming at the end of my tunnel. I'm ready to start planning my trip to NYC... just looking forward to seeing the show again with the new cast...and seeing Clay. Did I say I want to see Clay?

Happy Monday.

Thanks for the support guys. I'm in a better mood this morning since for the first time in months, I've actually been able to sleep in. It's school break and I don't have to work until Friday so I am lazing around today. Actually just got up so thanks for doing the hard work luckiest and bringing us the reviews.

And I did see some people talking about the Kimmel reference last night. Most seemed ok with it but some were more sensitive about it. I'm one who doesn't find gay jokes funny but I didn't really think of this as a gay joke. Didn't see it but it just seemed like it was said matter of factly and not intended as a put-down. This is a joke that I could see Kimmel saying to Clay's face and Clay getting a kick out of it. Unlike the stuff they said at the roast, which I thought was in very poor taste, but then so were most of the other jokes at the roast. Good thing I'll never get invited to one of those because locker room humor is just wasted on me.

One more day to Spamalot. :nana:

My problem with jokes about Clay being gay is that those jokes seem to be the only thing said about Clay. A joke once in a while would be fine if he got an equal amount of attention over his singing. jmo Anyway, it is what it is.

http://www.broadway.com/2008-Audience-Awar...ay_news/566271v

Gues who's the favourite replacement star????

:nana: He sure gets the kudos from broadway though!

Gotta get going but had to mention my huge mistake...

My son is a touch mad at me.

He is visiting in US staying at Planet hollywood. I asked him to find Clay's handprint at the Planet Hollywood restaurant on the wall and take a picture for me. He texted me "Where the heck are they?"

I tell him go to the restaurant and ask about the wall.

I was thinking if he is staying in the hotel, the restaurant must be there too, right? Wrong!!

He went to Vegas to planet hollywood and like an idiot I didnt see the distiction between LA and LV. D101!!

He drags his friends all over town to find the restaurant and lo and behold! no Clay handprints!! No wall of any prints!!

His text telling me there is "no such thing here" did NOT sound like a "have a good day mom" one. (sorry son) :blush:

Poor boy. :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Oh well, at least he has been all over Vegas dragging a few friends with him. They must think we Canadians are 2 bricks short of a load down there. :lol:

I gotta get going. Dont let me miss any good Clay news.

My problem with jokes about Clay being gay is that those jokes seem to be the only thing said about Clay. A joke once in a while would be fine if he got an equal amount of attention over his singing. jmo Anyway, it is what it is.

The problem with making jokes about Clay other than about the fact that he's gay... What is there to joke about? I mean, this is a guy who doesn't smoke, drink, swear, or run around town without his underwear on. (I bet muskifest would like it if he did. :sleezy: ) So what are they supposed to joke about other than his unconventional way of starting a family, hairstyle (which they couldn't use this time because his hairstyle is so handsome), or fact that he's just not that into her?

And as far as Jimmy's joke went, it wasn't that bad. It was funny without being overly mean.

(I bet muskifest would like it if he did. :sleezy: )

Oh, right...like YOU wouldn't. :glare: :rolleyes:

he's just not that into her

Oooh! clazycoffin's a smutter! :imgtongue: Welcome to the Dark Side... :sleezy:

BWAH! :naughtywag: You made my words all dirty! Because I am a sweet, pure, angelic little individual who never ever thinks about Clay's naughty appendages... :whistling-1: