#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Yep, it's Cotton's birthday. I notice she doesn't have it listed on the calendar. However, it's at CV and in my address book. :lol:

Better send her a get well card, too!

Rosa does a TBAF project every year. Last season it was embroidered socks. Although the site is down, she still completes orders for that. I think she had a variety of colors, as well as either "CLAY" or "TBAF" on the socks. This was a very successful fundraiser, too; and I'm pretty sure I blogged about it.

Caro

ldyj, I make my own too. But this sounded so much easier....and it benefits the BAF, so I figured, why not? Heh, I doubled the volume? Who knew I had so much power.....wonder what else I could do.....::evil grin::

luckiestdaughter is heading home today (hopefully ahead of the snowstorm they are forecasting) and we are going to see Twlight tomorrow. Already have our advanced movie tickets. Anyone else going? (or did anyone go last night?) Just wondering what the reactions are going to be.

Happy Birthday, Cotton!

Well, I had my calendar made before I knew about this other one. I was using wallpapers made by Betty897X based on each song on OMWH. It works out to 12 months even (not counting the bonus tracks). But I usually make one calendar for work and another for home, so I could buy one of the BAF benefit calendars for one or the other!

I noticed on WMAG, the Greensboro AC station they have added Clay's OHN to their playlist. Of course he is #98, way behind Clarkson, Underwood and Daughtry. Baby steps.

Wow!

WMAG playing Clay?! That's AMAZING!

I miss the little bit of snow from Greensboro. Most we have hear is about 10,000 flakes I saw when it snowed here last week for about 5 minutes! :cryingwlaughter:

They were talking flakes today - but no snow for my bday!

Oops! Sorry - didn't realize I hadn't filled out the bday in my profile!

Thanks, Caro! (She sent me an ecard with a Droopyesque doggie!)

Thanks for the bday and get well wishes. We aren't really celebrating today as DH is working. So - DH is smoking a pork roast tomorrow instead of going out. I don't think there's a restaurant around that wants me any where near their customers!!! And Sis and family are coming Thursday for Tday so they opted out for tomorrow.

I am better, but still snuffy and coughing and SORE ribs from coughing, etc.! I promise I'm NOT 85, I just feel like it!

Am excited for all the Clay happenings! Wish I were one of the lucky folks going to the Chat! What fun!

Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.

and still . . .

:Iluvclaysbutt:

I also have ordered a calender for my mother. She still has the 2004 calender up, but after looking at the pictures for each month I do not think it will make it to her. Just have to think of something else to get her at Christmas time. Besides money it is hard to get her anything because she really does not need anything specific.

I join the ranks who have started their baking for Christmas. Made three kinds of cookies this am. I also, after dealing with my tendonitis in my arm for three months and my bowling average dropping by 10 pins, decided I needed to go the the doctor. I had tried everything I could think of to make it feel better and it still is killing me. Placed on a drug and sent to PT. Today was my evaluation in PT. Will start Monday for two weeks if it does not get better I will have to have it injected. Sounds like fun. We have had very cold weather with some snow. The ski hill has made snow and guess what I have patrol tomorrow. I was so hoping not to start till after Thanksgiving.

ldyj, I make my own too. But this sounded so much easier....and it benefits the BAF, so I figured, why not? Heh, I doubled the volume? Who knew I had so much power.....wonder what else I could do.....::evil grin::

luckiestdaughter is heading home today (hopefully ahead of the snowstorm they are forecasting) and we are going to see Twlight tomorrow. Already have our advanced movie tickets. Anyone else going? (or did anyone go last night?) Just wondering what the reactions are going to be.

Happy Birthday, Cotton!

I love the Twilight Series. My daughters & I have tickets for tonights premier!! I can't wait!! If the movie is half as good as the books they will be awesome!! I downloaded the soundtrack off itunes & burned one for each of my girls. Let me just say, they hated all the songs but one!! ( Linkin Park).

Hopefully they will sound better used as background in the movie. I'll let ya know what my review is later!!

Happy Birthday Cotton !!

Shae

Thought this was cute, via CV: MarieDrummond

OK, here goes nothing folks. Grab a coffee, have a pee, I’m feeling very verbose this morning.

This part is my journey to the Milford Hotel – skip a little (Brother Maynard), if getting lost makes you nervous.

MY JOURNEY

First of all, I did it again… I could not sleep Wednesday night, so I ended up hitting the road at 2:45 a.m. on Thursday. But I learned from past mistakes and brought along a pillow and a blanket (it was 17 degrees when I left Montreal – brrrrrr). So along the highways and byways of my journey to NYC, I did manage to get 3-4 hours sleep. It took me about 5 hours driving time to get to the outskirts of NYC and got there around noon, but being somewhat sleep-deprived, I missed the exit to get to Manhattan and ended up in Connecticut!!!! Not one to panic, I simply got off the I95 in order to turn around and come back, only the exit I took to do so got me lost in Rye (no not the booze, the city, folks. Give me SOME credit!). So being a woman, I did stop to ask for directions to get back to the I287 – which I followed like a pro, only to find that I was now on my way back to Montreal!!!!! So lest people think I get easily discouraged, I got off and tried to do my ‘turnaround bit’ again… but there was no I287 going East (scratches head in total confuzzion!). So I got off yet again… stopped at a gas station only to be told that from where I now was (lost in a Very Dark and Expensive Forest), my best bet was to go back to I05, take the Cross Bronx until just before the George Washington Bridge (DO NOT GET ON IT – I was told) and take that last exit into NYC – all this explained to me by a very nice gentleman driving a Mercedes, so I totally trusted him. At the end of his directions, he smiled sweetly at me and wished me luck which brought a chuckle from the clerk at the gas station (scratches head yet again). So off I go, get myself back on the I95, and YESSSSSS, find the Cross Bronx thingie…. As I am driving along, I see an exit for the Triboro Bridge (which is the way I normally get into Manhattan and am itching to take the exit, but being a well-brought up Covent girl, I stick to the directions I have been given. Well lo and behold, not half a mile later, the Cross Bronx EXPRESSway becomes the Cross Bronx Parking Lot… Oh Sigh!!!! I’m OK, I have coffee, cigarettes and lots of time (it is now 1:30 and I have been roaming Lord knows what cities on the outskirts or was I in NYC all that time? Not sure), after all the show only begins at 8:00 p.m. right? So while inching my way along on the Cross Bronx, I am thinking of perhaps walking to the Milford Hotel might be quicker. I did buy myself one of those duffel bags on wheels! About a mile and a half later, I see an exit for the Major Deegan (Doogan?) Expressway, which is the USUAL way I come into Manhattan – I see hope, a sign from God, well a sign anyways. So off I go – my car was just itching to get those wheels moving again. Now I am on Major Deegan Highway – sigh of relief – when I notice that I am going the WRONG way on said Highway – so dare I do my turnaround bit yet again? You betcha!!! Like a champ I try my now famous move only to find myself at the Yankee Stadium – WTF? Well now stuck on this street/road that follows water (that’s a good sign, right? Manhattan is right over there – across that water – I knew I should have bought myself an amphibian car!). The traffic is nuts – so while stopped, I ask a cab driver how to get to Manhattan. He asks me where in Manhattan… Doesn’t he understand what I’ve been through? ANYWHERE in Manhattan will be GREAT, I tell him. No, really, he wants to know which part of Manhattan (does Manhattan have parts?). So I tell him “Broadway” where the special people, people who need people go. He smiles sweetly and tells me at the next light, make a right, take the little bridge and you will be on Broadway and 140ish street – Oh! WOW! (tm Galahad). And there I am, just like magic, whizzing along on Broadway towards the coveted Milford Hotel. So to recap, it took me 5 hours to get to the outskirts of NYC and then 3 hours to get to the Milford Hotel!!!! SUCCESS!!!!!! Good things come to those who wait or are persistent!!!!

Anyhoooooooo, I met Christa at Junior’s for dinner – Junior never disappoints in the SIZE of their portions – Good grief! Does anyone, ever finish a meal there? So sated at last, we went to the Shubert and met Clayphan and Clayangl (so much fun meeting fans I actually have met before – I’m beginning an ‘old fan’, no newbie here anymore).

THE SHOW

On to the show… The theater was far from full but a decent crowd… oodles of men, couples, and only a few fans. The audience was really, really low key and you could see the difference in the action on stage. I now truly understand when they say that they ‘feed’ off of the audience. There were no big general guffaws, spontaneous applause… it was all very ‘polite’!

Clay in the tower did not seem to get into it like he usually does – I think he might have been missing Rick and the chemistry the two of them have. In the Not Dead scene, Clay’s hat kept slipping forward – although he kept fixing it. By the end of the scene (while on the cart going off stage), the hat actually totally covered his eyes (thank you Jesus, he’s not the one ‘driving’ the cart – but who am I to criticize anyone’s driving – see above).

Due to the ‘polite’ audience, I heard for the first time Clay sing the whole Idol of My Age part – cheers usually drown out the rest…. Very cute and after his last high ‘yodeling’ note, as Clay is being pulled back into line, he sings a ‘down’ scale – lovely!

During the Camalot scene, while the LOL is singing and just before the Knights get up to dance, Clay was looking for something between his dangling legs. If it was his drink, why not look on the stage they are sitting on, if he dropped something, why not look at the floor… when he lifted his eyes and caught a few in the audience staring at him, he made this ‘hmmmm’ face – hysterical!!!!

During the YMCA dance, Lancelot (Mika does not hold a candle to Rick in the dancing department) when he is helping Herbert get up, kind of lifted him up off the ground – really cute move!!!! Note to Rick, you should try it. It comes off really well as an end to that number!!!!

At the end when Clay, David and Wally are on stage left – Clay does this whole new dance – very very ‘hawt’, and I mean ‘hawt’ ladies!!!! I can’t even begin to explain it – but he sure knows what he’s doing!!! Christa in seat A101 started the standing ovation (which did not appear as if it were going to happen) and got rewarded by a mouthed ‘thank you’ from Patsy – awwwwwwww!!!!

BROADWAY CARES

Clay was the one giving the spiel tonight and let me tell you, he was Clay at his best, funny, snarky, articulate and just sooooo…. Oh well, you know, CLAY!!!!

He started by telling the audience that BC has raised $85 million over the years and that tonight we would be expected to match that figure. Cast, including Merle, were in the back with buckets and we were to all empty our pockets on our way out. He then showed a poster signed by all cast members and announced it was being sold for $20. Brad corrected him to say that it was $40… Clay responded with: “Well, I signed it, so it’s $120” – great spontaneous laughs – at last! Then showed us a CD of various Broadway show tunes, two of which are from the cast of Spamalot (one song written by Sean McDaniel), and yes you can buy it at any other Broadway show – not preaching you shouldn’t buy it from other shows, but I am anyways – It’s a competition folks!!! Playbills signed by the cast selling for $20. Then, Bradley held up this little blue rubber thingie (a wristband folks, get your minds out of the gutter, will ya?). These wristbands are being sold for $5. Bradley tossed the one he was holding up into the audience. Clay of course: “You thought you got one for free, right? Noooooo, we WILL find you!” Guffaws all around the theater. Then he told us that pics with Bedevere (Wally), Lancelot (Mika) and Galahad (Bradley) would be $20. Clay then said that they take credit cards, cheques, dollars and even pesos (which are worth more than dollars right now) and that the cast intended to take all our money, just like the government does. By then, four different people (mostly men) around me, were madly flipping through their Playbills trying to figure out who this Sir Robin (funny comedian) was. You go with your bad self Clay!!!!

The line up for the pics only had about 10 people, so Clayphan, Clayangl, Christa and I felt bad, so we ended up going to line up as well. We then decided to have one pic taken with all four of us and the three Knights (although we each gave $20 anyways). Not one to get lost in traffic (see above), I was the first one to get to the Knights, positioned myself next to Bradley and proudly declared: “I want him!”, Bradley winked at me and said: “Well, hi there!” - *sighs* - let me tell you this man does not have one ounce of fat on his body *dies*. Mika (on my left) thought I was a hoot and winked at me and then shrugged as if “Oh, well, I guess Brad gets all the girls!” Very cute.

And that folks, is the end of my recap – take heart, I have five more shows to attend this weekend – so I’m not done yet!!!!!

This recap may travel.

Happy Birthday Cotton!

:04: :2164: :happybirthday01::claybow: :EmoticonRingAround:

Just wanted to mention a great movie we rented from Netflix, the Music Within. It's the story of Richard Pimentel, who was one of the people involved with getting the Americans with Disability Act instituted. Sounds boring but it was amazing. Mr. Fear even loved it and gave it five stars. The man who plays Art, who has Cerebral Palsy, was so unbelievable. I rarely recommend movies, but this should not be missed. It also has some great music from the sixties and later.

gbmifan Hope your mother enjoys Clay on both shows next week.

FromClaygary That is a great recap. It's surprising to me how recaps from the same show can be so different. I guess it's the glass half full theory.

Happy Birthday, Cotton!

Loving all the reports of Clay being heard on the radio; he was even played on Chicago radio! I didn't hear it myself, but my best Clay buddy did...this is really something because he is never played here! The station is 93.9 WLIT.

Kim

Wait a minute...back up the truck a second...it's Cotton's birthday?!?!?! How did we not know this? Happy birthday, you wild woman! (And I hope you are feeling better from your snus infection...)

I make my own calendars generally (via snapfish) but I may have to purchase a second one...LOL.

ldyj... I have made my own the last two years, but when this came up, and it's Toni7's pictures, I said, heck yes, I ordering from them and feeling virtuous! :cryingwlaughter: And, the charge is only a bit over what it cost me thru where I had them made.

Cotton... Happy Birthday!!! Glad you're seeing some improvement in health! Sorry no snow on your birthday!

:freezing: Does this help???

:happybirthday04::happybirthday04:

Not a Mods... could we have the cute Birthday Party emoticons at the top of Annabear's post... they are sooo cute!!!

Not a Mods... could we have the cute Birthday Party emoticons at the top of Annabear's post... they are sooo cute!!!

Hee! I was just thinking the same thing - consider it done!

LOL- well it might be there twice - who knows? Hehe- now I understand where all the new ones are coming from - thought I was going a little crazy.

Hee! I was just thinking the same thing - consider it done!

LOL- well it might be there twice - who knows? Hehe- now I understand where all the new ones are coming from - thought I was going a little crazy.

Actually that was my first time. :cryingwlaughter:KAndre maybe???

Anyway it's bdayparty2 with the colons on each side (: bdayparty2 : - delete spaces)

Actually that was my first time

And was it good for you?

Happy B'Day Cotton!! :bdayparty2: <-------look there's kandre and Scarlett and Solo and 00lsee and the rest of the eHP wishing you a Happy Day also.

Hee it worked!

And was it good for you?

Happy B'Day Cotton!! :bdayparty2: <-------look there's kandre and Scarlett and Solo and 00lsee and the rest of the eHP wishing you a Happy Day also.

Hee it worked!

It was good for me. :flirtysmile3:

And was it good for you?

Hee it worked!

Yes, we are! HBD, twin Cotton! (and thanks, merrieeee!)

I'm sorry to be so late to the party, but Happy Birthday to Cotton!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/123622.html

Spam is closing a week earlier on the 11th.

If you click on the audio section there is an interesting podcast with Jonathan Hadary. It's not what I expected him to sound like!

*sniffle*

It really is too bad Clay couldn't finish out the run. I hope they all get terrific new opportunities, but most especially David, Rick and Tom. ((((((Spamfamily))))))

birthdayfromclay.gif

Ooh, me likey the present!

Pop up Clay! hee

Oh, Muski . . .

Lotus - show off! :)

Thanks for the bday wishes! DH just came home with pizza and a huge slice of Chocolate cake! Yum!

Thanks, all! Nice to see all the balloons and whatnot!

:thbighug-1:

I think Shubert Alley needs a major hug!

It's gonna be sad to think of The Land of SPAM being silent and the very empty very expensive forest.

I wonder what The Aiken has up his sleeve?

Okay - DH came over to chat and this took forever so who knows what's been posted since I started this!

hee