#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Here's the link http://www.imdb.com/video/cbs/vi1392836633/

and here's the link to the download from Clack Unlimited: http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Online_Media/CBS/

If you have a key, it's at CH and CV under Online Media/CBS.

Well tracking all that down is a half-hour 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :cryingwlaughter:

and here's the link to the download from Clack Unlimited: http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Online_Media/CBS/

Well tracking all that down is a half-hour 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks for doing that for me! :cryingwlaughter:

Just checking in to say hello as I've been missing in action. I returned home from St Louis to discover that my animal sitter had let my little cat Gracie outside and she ran away from him and he couldn't find her. She had been missing for 3 days when I got back and he was afraid to call and tell me AND my older cat, Larry, had a big wound in his side (that the sitter hadn't noticed.) I took Larry for surgery and grieved for 3 days, crying and carrying on over Gracie. So sad. Then, I was sitting in the living room Thursday night and heard a frantic meowing at the front door. I opened it and looked out and Gracie ran right through the door and into the kitchen and starting wolfing (catting) down food. She was skinny and hungry and about berserk with purring joy to see me, but she's ok.

Now, I have to be good for the rest of my frigging life because I bargained with God, the universe, and any alien forefathers for Gracie's return. I promised to give up all sinning, bad thoughts, etc. Thank God I didn't bargain away Clay or swearing or I'd have nothing left.

Oh, wanda...I'm soooo sorry for the anxiety and sadness you had to go through but SOOOOOOO happy for you that Gracie came home....pets are hugely important in our lives, aren't they? :thbighug-1:

And it's the little things that can make the day seem brighter, huh? I was just in the grocery store, buying all my chile ingredients when I realized that what to my wondering ears should appear?

"If I was invisible...." woo hoo! It was Clay! And how appropriate that I was fondling a lovely eggplant when I heard those liquid orgasmic warbles.... :sleezy:

Funny thing was, though, that it took me a while to actually register that the song was playing because I was still humming "Where I Draw the Line" from listening to it in my car as I parked!

He's EVERYwhere! He's EVERYwhere! :yahoo:

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: Those kind of pics of snow covered car and trees etc always remind me of one of the funniest stories I ever received via email probably about 7 years ago. I am CERTAIN everyone has already seen this story but in case there is just ONE person who has NOT yet seen it, it is worth repeating for them....

This had most of the state of Michigan laughing for 2 days and a very embarrassed female news anchor who will, in the future, likely think before she speaks. What happens when you predict snow but don't get any.... true story...

A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked....

"So Bob, where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?" Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too they were laughing so hard

BWAH!!!! Yes, I've heard that before, but it's still verra verra funny!!

Aw, Wanda, I'm so glad your kitty returned to you. I'm guessing that you'll never hire that pet sitter again! And too funny about your 'bargains' with God. Good luck with that! :)

Heeee, muski, an eggplant? Leave it to you . . . :cryingwlaughter:

I'm happy today because I can actually eat a little bit! YAY! Maybe my stomach will be completely back to normal in time for a Thanksgiving feast!

{{{wanda}}} how stressful. Thank goodness it all worked out!

anna, belated congrats on getting all moved in again. Continued good thoughts for your mom.

jmh123, thanks for tracking down the link. Downloading now!

Argh, I had a horrible external hard drive accident this afternoon......the one I call "John" (hee, don't ask) fell off the desk, and when I went to plug it back in again (the cord came out) it wouldn't fit. Apparently, one of the pins in the connector bent. In the process of trying to straighten the pin out again, it fell out. So now, it will only stay on if you hold the wire in just a certain way. Ugh. No way am I going to trust it to house my clack. So I managed to hold it just so long enough to transfer all the files off it (YAY!) but now have no extra space left. Oh well, at least it all fit. Anyways, I went on the manufacturers site to see how much it would be to order a new power supply.....$10.......sounds reasonable.......get to the check out screen, and they wanted $90 USD to ship it. WTF? So much for that idea.

anna, belated congrats on getting all moved in again. Continued good thoughts for your mom.

Argh, I had a horrible external hard drive accident this afternoon......the one I call "John" (hee, don't ask) fell off the desk, and when I went to plug it back in again (the cord came out) it wouldn't fit. Apparently, one of the pins in the connector bent. In the process of trying to straighten the pin out again, it fell out. So now, it will only stay on if you hold the wire in just a certain way. Ugh. No way am I going to trust it to house my clack. So I managed to hold it just so long enough to transfer all the files off it (YAY!) but now have no extra space left. Oh well, at least it all fit. Anyways, I went on the manufacturers site to see how much it would be to order a new power supply.....$10.......sounds reasonable.......get to the check out screen, and they wanted $90 USD to ship it. WTF? So much for that idea.

Why not buy and external case and move the harddrive over? Cheaper and you can buy it at staples?

Why not buy and external case and move the harddrive over? Cheaper and you can buy it at staples?

or someone in the states could order it for you and mail it? Def less that $90!

If you wanna show me how, I'm game. I'm good with programming, not hardware. ;)

ETA: cha cha trusty, that's the other option. I'm waiting for their customer service to get back to me. No point spending too much on it, since you can buy a 640 gb for $99 now.

Thank you for doing this. :thbighug-1: I check out theIMBD site occasionally to see if they added any appearances and saw that cute video. I was supposed to help with setting up WFI today but georgiesmybaby has the flu and sounds really bad. Get well!

So instead I'm setting up my faux Christmas tree (it's silver) and getting out the Christmas trim for Thanksgiving. I did put away my Halloween stuff first. NA, na, nan, na, na. Since I don't have Thanksgiving decor I went right to Christmas.

Wanda, its good to hear you have all your cats. My cat sitter is a now a good friend and my cats are comfortable with her since she comes over even when we are not going anywhere.

If you wanna show me how, I'm game. I'm good with programming, not hardware. ;)

ETA: cha cha trusty, that's the other option. I'm waiting for their customer service to get back to me. No point spending too much on it, since you can buy a 640 gb for $99 now.

Not a problem with showing you, in fact i would bet if you opened that sucker it would be obvious. One thing you might want to check though (what make is it?) what's the warrantee, maybe that might be covered if its not too old or the warrantee is longer than a year? Might be an option? BUT no problem with showing you, that's easy.

Not a problem with showing you, in fact i would bet if you opened that sucker it would be obvious. One thing you might want to check though (what make is it?) what's the warrantee, maybe that might be covered if its not too old or the warrantee is longer than a year? Might be an option? BUT no problem with showing you, that's easy.

No, it's too old, no warranty left. It's a Kaser.

No, it's too old, no warranty left. It's a Kaser.

Ahhh ok, never heard of them. If it's old you will probably want the IDE external case. Sometimes you can get one with both SATA and IDE connections, (I bought one of those at the liquidation place on Horton street). Anyway, I will be happy to fix when I get home.

Just checking in to say hello as I've been missing in action. I returned home from St Louis to discover that my animal sitter had let my little cat Gracie outside and she ran away from him and he couldn't find her. She had been missing for 3 days when I got back and he was afraid to call and tell me AND my older cat, Larry, had a big wound in his side (that the sitter hadn't noticed.) I took Larry for surgery and grieved for 3 days, crying and carrying on over Gracie. So sad. Then, I was sitting in the living room Thursday night and heard a frantic meowing at the front door. I opened it and looked out and Gracie ran right through the door and into the kitchen and starting wolfing (catting) down food. She was skinny and hungry and about berserk with purring joy to see me, but she's ok.

Now, I have to be good for the rest of my frigging life because I bargained with God, the universe, and any alien forefathers for Gracie's return. I promised to give up all sinning, bad thoughts, etc. Thank God I didn't bargain away Clay or swearing or I'd have nothing left.

Oh boy, I am so glad Gracie came back!! And that she is OK. Poor thing--how frightening for her!! And for you!! I'm guessing that's the last time you hire that sitter. Sheesh.

:thankyou:jmh for the "blonde interview" - I had no idea it even existed!

You're both welcome--I can't stand an unsolved mystery. :cryingwlaughter:

Luckiest, you saved the clack--that's the important thing!!!

annabear, I'm glad you've moved into your new place, and that Clay accompanied you. That's a good feeling, isn't it?

wandacleo, so very thankful that Gracie has returned! I'm sure she'll never leave again... Glad you checked back in with us!

Am I the only one who remembers the original "find" of that imdb clip? Well, other than jmh, heh. I simply adore that clip -- he's so funny in it, and he looked very handsome to boot!

Hope you feel better Gibby! And glad your clack is saved luckiest1!!!!!

Muski's cooking...maybe I should run on over LOL.

Wandacleo...so happy your Gracie came home. Can't believe your pet sitter didn't tell you until you go back but I guess i understand the dilemma!!

When does this Rosie thing start..and Clay's on next week?

Couchie, Rosie Live is this Wednesday at 8PM ET on NBC. The big mystery is what kind of appearance Clay will have. Music? Comedy? Cameo? Who knows?

Wanda, you are one fortunate lady!

Annabear, I like your attitude. It doesn't make sense to borrow "worry" before it finds you. What a cute story about you living "OMWH". How nice to have a place of your own and with better neighbors than the place you left behind.

Couple more Spam recaps from last night via CH:

Honeybee at CV wrote:O.........M..........G

I cannot possibly begin to tell you all how amazing my evening was. Thanks to my wonderful friend Wink, I got to not only see Spam tonight, but also got to sit in B101 and was the peasant. And I got to have my picture taken with Clay after the show for Broadway Cares. I'm sorry I can't do a proper recap right now, but will try to log on tomorrow some time to do one. I scanned both pictures into MS Word and hope they will show up -- if not I'll have to try again tomorrow. Wink, thank Mr. Wink too for meeting me so that he could give me the ticket. Most importantly I am glad you are finally starting to get better.

When I got up on the stage as the peasant, I totally zoned out, but I remember acting idiotic and waving at Clay - I held up and showed him my trophy - a foot on a pedestal, and he gave me a silly look. I think I got to shake his hand at the end, but I honestly am not sure. I just remember the King asking my name and I was so busy looking at Clay that I almost didn't answer him Yes, I hope there was nobody there that I knew and now realize I should have given a fake name After I got back to my seat Clay was shaking his finger at me as if to reprimand me -- it was so funny. After the show I had my picture taken with Clay for Broadway Cares - again I acted silly -- when we scrunched together for the picture, I said to Clay that I hoped I hadn't embarrassed him, then quickly said I was just kidding and laughed...he said to me that I should leave the comedy to him! And you know, he's right.

Clay was wonderful and as much as I loved my other two times seeing Spam, this was my favorite performance.

ClayReno at CB wrote:Addendum to last night's show recap-

Clay and the LOTL seem to have a friendly banter going on

Merle was announcing the price donations for the items

in an affected Creole/Cajun accent so Clay interrupted her

with "What's with the accent Merle ?"

So Merle countered with and for $40 you can have a pic with

the very handsome Clay Aiken to which Clay made some faces

Btw as Brother Maynard,Clay sang a soaring gospel amen

to the delight of fans in the front row.

Wow, I know I'm late (again) but I have to say that "blond interview" was awesome! But his end comment made me go :scream: Bald Clay is only one letter away from "bad" Clay! Very bad Clay!

Hey, luckiest1 you reminded me of a joke-- how do you know when someone is a true Claymate? If the house is on fire, they save the Clack first! :cryingwlaughter:

Just kidding. I'm glad the Clack is safe.

Muski's cooking...maybe I should run on over LOL.

Wandacleo...so happy your Gracie came home. Can't believe your pet sitter didn't tell you until you go back but I guess i understand the dilemma!!

When does this Rosie thing start..and Clay's on next week?

Hums a verse or two of Invisible.... according to the countdown I post every morning, Rosie will be on Wendesday, 8:00 Eastern time...and don't forget Clay and the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on Thursday!

(I know, you have been without glasses and who wants to countdown days first thing in the morning...I know there are days when I have a hard time...last week I even left out the Thanksgiving appearance and sadly no one noticed! :thbighug-1: )

Wanda Glad your Gracie came home...a pox on the pet sitter who let her go!

Kim

Here I am, "Clay"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm yours .... (can't get that song out of my head for some reason ..)

Random thoughts:

I made a pot of chili today, Muski. Started it about 10 a.m. and just ate. Excellent stuff for Sundays in November, with the shredded cheese and diced onions on top.

Talked to my oldest granddaughter today, her 17th birthday. No, I am NOT that old. I was a teen-age mother and DS1 was a teen-age father. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Anyway, she's a crazy rabid reader and I asked her if she'd seen Twilight, since I know she reads the books. Her answer: The acting was embarrassing. That was her take, but then, she's an artiste and a tough audience to boot.

I've been so busy at the workplace, and with new family issues on top of the standing ones with my parents, that I've been mentally, emotionally and physically drained. But ... we have a new puppy as of yesterday, and that darling little Shih Tsu has my heart. What a cutie. She's had me laughing and sighing -- although last night was a little rough because she wanted to wander around the house and wouldn't stay put!

My funny of the day ... or the funny of my youngest son, the guitar player. I heard some ZZ Top playing on TV ~~ Bad and Nationwide ~~ while in the garage (where the guitars, drums and amps live). DS2 was playing some guitar in the background at the time and I mentioned that, in the spirit of bipartisanship, Obama should have ZZ play that song at the inauguration (Billy Gibbins being an outspoken Republican, you know, and that song "fitting" IMO). Without missing a beat, my son hit the opening chords of "Jesus Just Left Chicago." I guess you had to be there -- but it made me laugh. He's pretty quick, that kid.

I've been keeping up fairly well, mostly during down time at the office, but I got a new computer and my cookies are erased and I never have the logins to do anything more than read there. The computer opportunities on the home front have been, generally, right out impossible lately. However, all thanks to merrieeee who has been her usual angel self keeping me up to speed.

I'm so excited about Rosie Live and anxious to see Clay on my TV again -- LIVE!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This precious little puppy is in my lap as I write -- she's gonna make toast out of me.