#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Total random observation for the day...

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPECULATION MAY FOLLOW!!!

I was rereading some old posts from here (as I tend to do when I'm bored and putting off work *g*), and found this link to the original lyrics of TRM (written by Natalie Grant). This was the song that I believe Clay said he asked to have some lyrics rewritten. Sure enough, the bridge (between the second and last chorus) is way different.

Natalie's original version:

Wonderful, beautiful is what you see

When you look at me

You're turning the tattered fabric of my life into

A perfect tapestry

I just wanna be me

Clay's version:

Shadows of shattered dreams

They followed me

They’ve haunted me

But you‘ve taken the broken pieces of my life

and helped me to believe

I wonder why Clay felt the first lyrics didn't fit him, and the second set did. I also wonder if Clay had a hand in the new lyrics. I find Clay's version a bit more haunting, and a bit more sad.

I know, Clay said not to put the meaning of the lyrics on "him," but I can't help it. Sometimes I wonder....

Back to oggling my new avatar.

ldyj... the original words are more something a female would sing to a guy and even tho we do think of Clay as beautiful, the lyrics just don't fit Clay singing them. The second lyrics are so poignant and fit his desire to make the song be about his relationship with God.

Good thoughts & prayers would be appreciated. My mom got a call from her oncologist this morning that her breast cancer markers have made a pretty signicant jump and he's scheduled her for a PET scan the first week of December.

anna... light and love aiming at you and your mom and good luck, too.

Fountaindawg over at CH is a VERY funny parody about a Clay Aiken fan on page 2 (I think) of the new thread. I recommend it!

Fear... your DH's b'day is the same day as Clay's??? Kewl!

*ahem*

It's 'shadows are shattered dreams'.

Nope, I don't care what the liner notes say. That's what he sings. :imgtongue: (and it just sounds better!) It's really hard not to hear this as a 'coming out' song now - but it's still one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard sung. I can never let it play only once - I have to repeat it.

That e-bay thing sounds amazing - can't wait to see how it works out.

(((((mamabear)))) Sending all postive thoughts your way. :thbighug-1:

Heh...I've always heard it as "shadows of shattered dreams." And I personally think my interpretation makes more sense...that the shadows are following him...

And just as I've always heard "well, well." :imgtongue:

But then, I've been known to talk out of my butt more than a few times...

Man, would I love to be in NYC next week for that ebay chat. I hope someone goes who has a photographic/audio memory!

Do you think my family would put up all the Xmas decorations on the Saturday after Thanksgiving without me? No didn't think so! Now why would they object to me flying off to NYC to spend some time with my boyfriend? It has to be good for my mental health...don't ya think?

Oh well I will just have to live vicariously through others.

talk back with Clay aiken

Now listed on ebay

Ever wonder what goes on backstage or onstage at a Broadway Show that you may never have known about? Ever have a question for one of the stars of one of Broadway's biggest hit shows and could not corner them at the stage door to ask? Well, one of Broadway's newest stars is none other than Clay Aiken who soared to fame following a very successful run on American Idol during one of the show's earlier seasons. The very talented star continues to shine on Broadway at The Shubert Theatre every night where he is currently reprising his role as the dashing Sir Robin in Monty Python's Spamalot. The generous Mr. Aiken has agreed during one of his busiest 2-show Saturdays to conduct a talk-back: "Conversation With Clay" at the Shubert Theatre where the public may pay to come in and sit and chat with him as a group and ask all the questions that time allows.

The date is Saturday November 29th, between Clay's matinee and evening performance of Spamalot (4:30 - 5:00PM to be exact.) Attendees who have just seen the 2pm matinee performance will be asked to join other members of this special audience in a designated line outside the theatre. Proof of payment is required in the form of a Paypal confirmation that has been printed out in order to gain entry to the theatre for this very special half hour of coffee talk with Clay. There is no photography or use of video cameras of any kind permitted. Happy bidding.

starts at 200

Wow, already 34 of these sold. 34 x 200 = 6800. I wonder how many they will cap it at?

Uh, merrieeee, you know it's still more than a month until Christmas, right? Heh, put the decorating off a week! :P Shit, if I was anywhere near NYC this weekend I'd be there. Bah humbug. Heh, not much Christmas spirit here yet, even if it is a frickin' winter wonderland outside. :freezing:

The Chat sounds like a lot of fun; unfortunately I won't be there; hope all those that are going take lots of notes and ask some really interesting questions!

Mini-Rant ahead:

Just spent 45 frustrating minutes trying to get a hold of someone at DirectTV to straighten out a billing problem; I have not gotten a bill for two months, but I have gotten overdue notices (interesting that the bills seem to get lost in the mail, but the overdue notices arrive just on time). Tried calling the number on the back of the bill; all you get is prompts for paying your bill and no option to talk to a real live person.

So, I thought I would try the website; tried to register, it told me we already had an account, so I went to the login and put in my e-mail address; tells me there is no such an account. Tried my phone number and account number from my bill and it brings up my account but with an old e-mail address. So I still can't get into the account because I don't know the password and since I don't have that e-mail address anymore, it is a moot point. Is there a way to update my account? Not that I can find...but I did notice another phone number to call, so I call it and surprise I get the same lady giving me the same prompts as the other phone number on the bill.

So now, I decide to just e-mail them...sent an e-mail and told them what I thought of their Customer Service and Website...they are supposed to get back to you in 24 hours. We shall see.

My husband went and hid in the bedroom; he doesn't want to be anywhere around me when I am dealing with ineptness...my Italian temper goes into overdrive and there could be flying objects, LOL!

Kim

Oh, Kim, I so sympathize. One of the things I have to do for my mom is make any phone calls that involve "if you want to be frustrated, press one," "if you'd like to scream now, press three," and so forth. Can you imagine trying to deal with that crap when you're old and confused? It's bad enough for those of us with most of our faculties!!

It's always worth a try to press "zero" when you're on one of those things. Some companies will put you through to an operator when you do that. The funniest thing that ever happened to me was when I was called AT&T one time and they had a new telephone help system that was supposed to recognize your every problem and solve it for you without ever needing to speak to a real person. After about the fifth time I got stuck in the same loop, I got frustrated and started yelling, and the system put me through to a real person right away. How did they know? :cryingwlaughter:

Good news is I finally got a person; apparently you have to ignore all the prompts and then they put your through to a person.

Bad news...he was an idiot! I must have explained the problem 8 ways to Sunday and still could not make him understand that the reason my bills were late was because I haven't been getting my bills. He also insists I missed a monthly payment which is why I am getting charged double this month, but I went back through my checkbook through May and I have paid them every month.

It looks like they just didn't credit my account for one month; but I couldn't make him understand that. I was about ready to pull my hair out! He also suggested I talk to the post office because obviously they are the reason I am not getting my bills; that maybe there is a problem with my address, but the late notices are getting to my house with the same address...so it is not an address problem!

:what_d_fuck:

Kim

(Hugs and good wishes to Annabear and her Mom!)

Heh...I've always heard it as "shadows of shattered dreams." And I personally think my interpretation makes more sense...that the shadows are following him...

And just as I've always heard "well, well." :imgtongue:

But then, I've been known to talk out of my butt more than a few times...

Man, would I love to be in NYC next week for that ebay chat. I hope someone goes who has a photographic/audio memory!

Haven't caught up yet but wanted to say that my ears are hearing the same things yours are ldyj. For both songs and I agree that shadows of shattered dreams makes more sense to me. Maybe we should take a poll.

Good thoughts & prayers would be appreciated. My mom got a call from her oncologist this morning that her breast cancer markers have made a pretty signicant jump and he's scheduled her for a PET scan the first week of December.

Sending you and your Mom love, light and prayers . . .

As you can see from this quote, I ain't been around much! I, too, have a snus infection that has now become a full on upper respiratory infection. 2nd round of antibiotic started yesterday. Yuckety yuck.

And Family is supposed to be at my house for tday! Yikes!

*HUGS* for you, Cotton! I hope you feel better soon.

I've always heard "shadows of shattered dreams," too, and 'Well, well." Anybody wanna ask Clay about those lyrics in person? Heeeee. I bet he'll never answer directly. He loves making us guess and speculate.

Hee - not to :Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius: but I heard 'shadows are' right from the start - didn't even occur to me it might be 'shadows of' until I read the lyrics. Then I got the Music Pass version, and I have no doubt at all. I clipped out just that line and reduced the background sound somewhat.

th_TRMbite.jpg

talk back with Clay aiken

Now listed on ebay

Oh, that is SO totally cool!! That's one of the things a few of us suggested on the "What do you want" thread on the OFC. Crap!! Is there ANY way I can get to NYC for a half hour?? :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, I totally LOVE him! :wub:

Catch Clay on Rosie on Wed 11-26-08. NBC 8:00pm

Confirmed on the OFC

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

PS It doesn't look like he's going to be on ET tomorrow night....AGAIN!! Grrr.....

Well, I am not a fan of Rosie, so I may have to just wait until someone yell's "he's next" and then turn the show on.

Kim

Catch Clay on Rosie on Wed 11-26-08. NBC 8:00pm

Confirmed on the OFC

Awesome!!!

Say what you will about Rosie, but she sure can entertain, and she gets good ratings, and she loves our boyfriend. It's all good!!!

I hope her show gets picked up. TV NEEDS variety and music that doesn't involve voting or 19E somehow, lol. I'd much rather see Rosie succeed than John Mayer or The Osbornes.

This is a live show - I wonder if he's going to have something pre-taped, or if he'll miss the show on Wed - there are two that day for Thanksgiving.