#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

mariedrummond's latest, from the CV (via the CH, I'm assuming this one can travel too....):

November 22 matinee

MY MORNING

My day started with a ray of sunshine everyone. When I woke up this morning and in my usual diva way, I threw on a pair of jeans and a sweater (no makeup – who cares my eyes aren’t really opened yet anyways) to go down to get a coffee from the coffee bar in the hotel. While ‘preparing’ my coffee, I was joined by this really cute guy who said as he reached across from me to get some milk: “Sorry darling!” in the most gorgeous British accent *dies*. I asked him if he was from England and told him that with that accent of his, he could read me the dictionary and I would swoon at his feet. He smiled sweetly at me and I returned to my room only to find out that I had my sweater on backwards and my hair was sticking up like a porcupine…. I must have really impressed him… No wonder he did not ask me for my phone number!

Starfishy arrived just before 10:00 a.m. and we proceeded to go to the box office to buy our SRO tickets for this afternoon…. But….. but…. There were these two tickets, you know like next to each other…. In the middle of a row….. Please understand it would mean that we could sit together…. In FIFTH ROW!!!!!!! So what is a girl to do???? Well, this girl and that girl eeeeeeeehed and gahhhhhhed and whipped out our credit cards faster than the blink of an eye – ooops was that the clerk’s eye we hit with those flying credit cards???? No matter, he has another eye!!!!! So off we went, proud bearers of fifth row center seats for the matinee – SRO is greatly overrated….. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

SPAMALOT

Tom, The Historian, flubbed his line, caught himself and instead of finishing the sentence, filled it with “Blah, blah, blah” (verbatim people!) – Hysterical!

Clay is hamming it up big time – his facial expressions get sillier and sillier with every show. His pants soiling has become an art form – well we always knew he was an incredible artist with many talents – who would have ‘thunk’ that soiling his pants would be revered by his fans?

The peasant was very sweet and got huge applause from the audience. She was very, very short and when it came time for the picture, Clay who usually kneels in front of the peasant, almost ‘sat down’ on the stage in order to not block her. He did this instinctively… The man is so thoughtful!!!! God, I love him!!!!

Clay’s dance at the end of the show is getting hawter than hawt folks. The man sure knows how to move – choreography my butt!!!

BC

Clay did the spiel again and mentioned to this mostly new crowd (not everyone goes to see every show folks) about the $85 million raised over the last 20 years and how he expects us to cough up a matching amount. Same items as yesterday. Wally was wearing the bracelet but took it off and gave it to Clay who ‘frisbeed’ it out into the audience where it landed in my lap (read crotch)!!!! Starfishy not one to sleep on her quest to collect Clay-related items, quickly grabbed my crotch to get the bracelet which I tried to hold on to, but after playing tug-of-war with her for a minute, maturity reappeared and I let her have it…. I’m such a sweetheart!!!

Then Clay asked us to join the cast in ALOTBSOL and as he was singing it, he looked at me and made a “two” sign with his fingers, to which I promptly pointed to Starfishy to let him know he should go after her to collect the $2…. After all, I have my standards!!!! I willingly let her have the bracelet, but was not about to pay for it as well!!!! She graciously showed Clay that she would give him $5 for it and he sweetly smiled at her. As the curtain was coming down, Clay did a knee-bend to almost sit on the stage while making ‘money’ motions with his fingers!!! The man is relentless!!!! Side note: Upon returning to our room, Starfishy is now considering having his DNA removed from said bracelet!

Pictures were of The King, LOTL and Patsy for $20. We are hoping that tonight the picture will be with Clay (crossing fingers, toes, hair, legs, arms, and any other part of my body that will still cross at my age).

I’ll be back later with my night show recap.

Just got back from watching our Santa Claus parade downtown....Fun! but I'm a complete popsicle...it's 15 below (ie, 2 degrees-ish for our US friends).

Another fun recap from MarieDrummond...I'm going to miss her when she goes home! :hysterical:

OH!! Forgot to mention...I wasn in Pier 1 today picking up some little goodies for stocking stuffers (finished most of my Christmas shopping today)...and they have a Christmas CD which is "theirs" with a variety of artists on it...one of which is Clay doing Sleigh Ride. I didn't get it (can you imagine?) because it was $15...but how cool!!

I went to see Twilight last night with my daughter and her best friend. Unfortunately, by the end of the movie I was feeling seriously ill <snip> and went home and worshiped the porcelain god all night.

Geez, Gibby....that's a rather....extreme....reaction to a movie, don't you think? :unsure: heh... :BlowKiss:

Whoa, that's not cool. I was thinking while I was watching (and trying to ignore the various audio effects from both young and old in the audience :glare:) that I'd like to see it again withOUT the distractions. It wasn't an "OMG! What a GREAT movie!" movie for me...and the book was waaaay better, but it was okay. Loved the fast-Edward running with Bella on his back- scenes!

I'm considering going to Twilight... I hope I don't have Gibby's reaction! :lol: *pats* Poor Gibby. :(

Love the snow picture, cindilu2. Being a Southerner, I find snow to be very exotic and enviable. I imagine you feel differently!

Oh, that Rosie thing reminds me, does anyone know (and I think I know the answer to that question) what network is Clay's Thanksgiving "guest" appearance going to be on?

I was also wondering... did I miss his ET appearance or did it get canceled?

I was thinking while I was watching (and trying to ignore the various audio effects from both young and old in the audience :glare: ) that I'd like to see it again withOUT the distractions. It wasn't an "OMG! What a GREAT movie!" movie for me...and the book was waaaay better, but it was okay. Loved the fast-Edward running with Bella on his back- scenes!

Hee, I see we are quite opposite. I loved all the audience reaction during the movie....in fact, I think our group contributed greatly to a lot of it. It was one of those movies where people would gasp or laugh or, at times, exclaim "oh my god!" or "he's hawt!" out loud (I swear that last one wasn't me). :cryingwlaughter:

I am not one who loves action movies, so perhaps that is why the "low-budget" type effects worked for me. I don't care about all that stuff. I care more about the story line and characters, and I thought that the movie was well cast. They are not experienced actors necessarily, but I think they will grow into their roles. I hope they make enough money to make a sequel or two, because I believe they will be even better. I look forward to them.

clazycoffin.........neither. They just pushed it back yet again. Maybe one day they'll actually, you know, show it.

Here are the reasons they may have pre-empted Clay's segment on ET. Take your pick.

Someone........

a) had a baby

B) got a divorce

c) has a DUI

d) gone into re-hab again

e) came out of re-hab

f) got into a fight

g) swore at someone

h) hit a paparrazzo

i) went to a restaurant

j) went to a show

k) went to a bar

l) has a hangnail

m) all of the above

OK I put a b in the one line and an emoticon showed up! Hmmmmmm

Here are the reasons they may have pre-empted Clay's segment on ET. Take your pick.

Someone........

a) had a baby

B) got a divorce

c) has a DUI

d) gone into re-hab again

e) came out of re-hab

f) got into a fight

g) swore at someone

h) hit a paparrazzo

i) went to a restaurant

j) went to a show

k) went to a bar

l) has a hangnail

m) all of the above

OK I put a b in the one line and an emoticon showed up! Hmmmmmm

Yeah... I've never figured out how to fix that.

Also... :cryingwlaughter:

Poor Clay, getting upstaged by hangnails!

For any of you crazy foolish southern people who wax poetic about snow.... my Jetta is under there somewhere. What happened to AUTUMN???

DSCN0621.jpg

Hee - this house at the end of my street is kind of pretty though.

DSCN0622.jpg

It is pretty. And I do not miss having to remove that stuff from cars and walkways. At all.

Not caught up, but checking to see if my RoadRunner is working - it is! :) Thank you to all for the good wishes for me & my mom. We're just taking things one day at a time & will deal with whatever we have to, when we have to. In the mean time.....

All moved into the condo, just trying to clear a path through the sea of boxes! Of course Clay helped - as soon as everything was loaded into the truck & I hopped into my car to lead the movers to my new place, I turned the radio on. OMWH, of course, was in the CD player and it randomly switched to the song, OMWH. I thought that was somewhat appropriate as I was on my way to my new home.

:Iluvclaysbutt:

I love that OMWH came on. Yeah for your new place!! Continuing with the good wishes for mamabear.

Testing one two three B) Bwah. Merrieeee, your b is capitalized and for some reason a capital B and a ) will B) at you.

I am easily distracted by noise from the theater audience, so I keep a pair of earplugs in my purse (or use the earbuds from my iPod)...I can hear the movie just fine, but this blocks most of the annoying extraneous sounds.

That's all I got.

By the way, b ) works fine. Insert a space or it thinks you're trying to make an emoticon with the closing parenthesis.

Now, why does that sound so smutty?

Whoa, that's not cool. I was thinking while I was watching (and trying to ignore the various audio effects from both young and old in the audience :glare:) that I'd like to see it again withOUT the distractions. It wasn't an "OMG! What a GREAT movie!" movie for me...and the book was waaaay better, but it was okay. Loved the fast-Edward running with Bella on his back- scenes!

I agree, muski - I want to see it again at some point, when I'm feeling better, and don't have all of the noise distractions. I might like it better! And I agree, too, about the book being better. I think that's usually true of books that are made into movies. There's always more detail in books, and more opportunity to 'hear' what the characters are thinking and feeling. Plus imagination about what's happening in the book is a wonderful thing, even better than what can be brought to life on the movie screen.

Thanks for the pats, clayzycoffin. I'm gradually feeling better, and hope to all better by sometime tomorrow. I think it was just a 24 hour flu bug, with bad timing!

Heeee, merrieee, that's quite a list. :cryingwlaughter:

annabear, congrats on getting moved into your new place! How cool that OMWH came on for you!

For any of you crazy foolish southern people who wax poetic about snow.... my Jetta is under there somewhere. What happened to AUTUMN???

DSCN0621.jpg

Hee - this house at the end of my street is kind of pretty though.

DSCN0622.jpg

It is pretty. And I do not miss having to remove that stuff from cars and walkways. At all.

Not caught up, but checking to see if my RoadRunner is working - it is! :) Thank you to all for the good wishes for me & my mom. We're just taking things one day at a time & will deal with whatever we have to, when we have to. In the mean time.....

All moved into the condo, just trying to clear a path through the sea of boxes! Of course Clay helped - as soon as everything was loaded into the truck & I hopped into my car to lead the movers to my new place, I turned the radio on. OMWH, of course, was in the CD player and it randomly switched to the song, OMWH. I thought that was somewhat appropriate as I was on my way to my new home.

:Iluvclaysbutt:

I love that OMWH came on. Yeah for your new place!! Continuing with the good wishes for mamabear.

Testing one two three B) Bwah. Merrieeee, your b is capitalized and for some reason a capital B and a ) will B) at you.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - snow!!! It's cold enough here without it, but I thik we might get some soon. (not today)

Went to see Twilight at the 12:01 Show on Thursday (midnight) - it was great!!! We just decided to go on the fly, about 11:40!! It was playing in 4 theatres at the multiplex, and 2 of them were sold out. We lucked out and got 4 seats together!! (me, mrchach, chachadotter#1, and SIL)

So....... about the B) -- if you put a space between the B and the ) it should look like a list item like you wanted..........

i.e.

B )

b )

B)

:BlowKiss:

I have never seen a movie where I didn't like the book better, so I guess I don't go in with high expectations. :cryingwlaughter: I think most of the crowd reaction was due to the fact that most had already read the book, because each time a new character was introduced, you could hear how they felt about that particular person being cast. ;)

Nice, bright sunny morning here, but COLD. -13 Celsius, yikes.

Good Morning Everyone:

3 Days until Clay is on Rosie Live!:yahoo:

4 Days until Clay is Talking Turkey!

:yahoo:

7 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday!

:yahoo:

42 Days until the Closing night of Spamalot!

:cry:

64 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Last night's Spam report from ClayReno at CB via CH:

Audience not as huge as matinee's but orchestra full,mezzanine 2/3rds,balcony decent enough

Mostly NJUs with a few Clay fans

Energy is good the whole show

Clay's YWSOB well received

Peasant B101 a definite fan who kept waving at Clay and

Clay teasing her with "who me?"

Peasant tried to shake Clay's hand

but he teasingly withdrew his-it was funny

Clay initially did BC speech then let the LOTL and King say the price

of items

Pic with Clay $40 long lines the who'd lenght of the theater

Of course had our pic taken with him

Met a Doctor from Ecuador in line by the name of

Clay(Arcilla in Spanish),they know Clay's music

He said a Dr.Claydawg went to volunteer in Quito,Ecuador 4 years ago

and brought several Clay CDs and gave to the children,doctors& nurses

Clay in his speech was hilarious

Said the competition is fierce and does not want 2nd place again

What a great night and a great show

Till tomorrow.

This recap may travel.

And this site has a cute promo for the Rosie special (no Clay):

http://www.hollyscoop.com/rosie-odonnell/r...show_18521.aspx

annabear... :welcome22:to your new home!!! How nice of Clay to join you!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Den cleaning going well... I have 7 bags of books for the library and I can see the carpet in one area that has been covered in crap for at least 2 years, so I feel righteously good! LOL More carpet to uncover, but today is visit grandkids in the morning and maybe football (depending on who's playing who), so not sure what else I will do, but next weekend is a 4-dayer, so... I've been putting this off forever, so it really feels good to have started! I am determined to cut down on the "stuff" I hold on to "just in case." :cryingwlaughter:

I L.O.V.E. mariedrummond's recaps... the woman is seriously funny! :hysterical: If anyone knows her, please tell her how much her writing is enjoyed!

I was surprised this am when I was reading the paper and got to the people in the know section and there was a picture of Clay as Sir Robin and the article talked about the closing of Spamalot. We do not get alot of articles Clay related so it was unusual.

Another cute things was I was watching the late night local news and they had a segment on Spam and showed the factory and how people are buying more. Then the newscaster said that they need to show Monty Python and the newscaster tried to sing Spam lovely Spam.

I am trying to get ambitious this am. Ski Patrol yesterday I am surpised that I am not sore. They are calling for up to 4 inches of snow starting late tonight. I hate winter driving.

Last night's Spam report from ClayReno at CB via CH:

Audience not as huge as matinee's but orchestra full,mezzanine 2/3rds,balcony decent enough

Mostly NJUs with a few Clay fans

Energy is good the whole show

Clay's YWSOB well received

Peasant B101 a definite fan who kept waving at Clay and

Clay teasing her with "who me?"

Peasant tried to shake Clay's hand

but he teasingly withdrew his-it was funny

Clay initially did BC speech then let the LOTL and King say the price

of items

Pic with Clay $40 long lines the who'd lenght of the theater

Of course had our pic taken with him

Met a Doctor from Ecuador in line by the name of

Clay(Arcilla in Spanish),they know Clay's music

He said a Dr.Claydawg went to volunteer in Quito,Ecuador 4 years ago

and brought several Clay CDs and gave to the children,doctors& nurses

Clay in his speech was hilarious

Said the competition is fierce and does not want 2nd place again

What a great night and a great show

Till tomorrow.

This recap may travel.

And this site has a cute promo for the Rosie special (no Clay):

http://www.hollyscoop.com/rosie-odonnell/r...show_18521.aspx

(my bolding).....well how cool is that!! Great work, Dr. Claydawg! (why do I get the feeling that's NOT what the folks from Ecuador said re the Dr in question :lol:)

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: Those kind of pics of snow covered car and trees etc always remind me of one of the funniest stories I ever received via email probably about 7 years ago. I am CERTAIN everyone has already seen this story but in case there is just ONE person who has NOT yet seen it, it is worth repeating for them....

This had most of the state of Michigan laughing for 2 days and a very embarrassed female news anchor who will, in the future, likely think before she speaks. What happens when you predict snow but don't get any.... true story...

A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked....

"So Bob, where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?" Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too they were laughing so hard

I'm gonna make some chili today, folks. Do you realize how long it's been since I cooked ANYthing around here? I figured I'd ease back in to domesticity by doing something verra, verra easy... :unsure:

But FIRST! I'm going to a coffee shop for a latte, scone and the Sunday paper!

Alone.

:yess:

Fear, is there any way you could post that "blonde Clay" interview that you posted on CV....over here? :) and then.....is there anyone that could rip it by any chance :lol: for us "furriners" that they don't let see it?? Lordy, you'd think it was unfit for our consumption or something....:(

ETA: never mind, I see it was vaulted! Thanks!

Fear, is there any way you could post that "blonde Clay" interview that you posted on CV....over here? :) and then.....is there anyone that could rip it by any chance :lol: for us "furriners" that they don't let see it?? Lordy, you'd think it was unfit for our consumption or something....:(

ETA: never mind, I see it was vaulted! Thanks!

You do realize that people who don't read CV haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about. I'm glad you are happy now, but we're left clueless. :hysterical: