#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

I don't think Susan Boyle is cut out for anything but a recording studio.

She obviously is not able to handle all the pressure of public appearances, and I somehow doubt that Simon will be bringing her over here if she is so unstable. I hope he does not.

Happy birthday, Ansa!!!!!!

The Hamster Band would sing for you, but they are still hiding from Evil Catz.......

If you watch closely, Mr. Hamster will peek out and wish you the best!!!!

cathunt.gif

I think that is a Paul Smith suit.......

This is just plain FREAKY!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

happybirthday21gi.gif

ansa!

when will couchie let you out of the basement? :)

Re: Susan Boyle - there must have been a reason she is 47, never married, and lived with her mother all those years. I bet "unstable" doesn't even begin to cover it!!

:GM_FCA:

120 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

GM_FCA[1].gif

Caro... that lullabye montage on your blog made me schmoopie! Clay celebrating his first Father's Day... Love it! Thanks, Caro!

Thnx, liney. I added two of Fountaindawg's new graphics yesterday -- one with the "decision to have children" motto and the other with John Denver song lyrics. Speaking of which, does anyone still have the mp3 of Clay singing "Baby of Mine," the words of which cindilu2 included in her graphic?

Since I've added something new daily, the Carolina has become a progressive Father's Day blog. :lol:

Happy Birthday a day late, Ansa! :bdayparty2:

Have a great weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Great post,keepingfaith. :hello:

Cool is something you can't see through." I can't see through Clay. He remains a maze, a mystery, elusive and in your face all at the same time, and he has this voice .... for which I have no words. That's fucking COOL!

Now that statement is tres cool !!!! :clap:

Pfft, cool or uncool, Clay's Clay and that's just fab. I mean, the way I think of it, all the "cool" people blend together. So what if he's uncool? Just means he's marching to the beat of his own drum (or orchestra). I called one of my best friends "weird" today and we agreed that it was a compliment. So I just think of Clay being called "uncool" as really a compliment... means he's not a sheep doing what everybody else is, 'sall! :laugh2:
Your friend will probably like it here. We try to "Keep Austin Weird"

keep_austin_weird.jpg

so much that we even generated a counter-movement, "Keep Austin Pretentious".

Ok, someone needs to explain the whole hamster-rama to me.

This is all about inclusion!

hamsterds01.jpg

Hamsters love Clay, too!

That's got to be my favorite!

... off to check out a Farmer's Market. I hope it's not too hot out there!!!

Happy Saturday everybody or day 3 of my 6 day weekend LOL.

I think yesterday I stayed away from my computer longer than any other day in recent memory :cryingwlaughter: Did the touristy thing with family -- that was fun. I actually dragged my mom out on BART to meet my brother and his crew at Fisherman's wharf. She did great. Then went to see my neice in her dance show last night. This year it was Peter Pan. I don't know how I got through life without actually knowing the story of Peter Pan -- does it really have pirates and indians? My sister and I looked at each other questioningly and shrugged. Somehow I feel a little deprived LOL.

But at the same time we're sitting in the theater (AKA wonderful old high school auditorium) waiting for the show to start there -- the STORM were kicking ass 40 miles away WHOO HOOO. We kept getting text messages -- top of the 5th, tyler pitching - 6-5. heee. And they won 11 - 6. He didn't want to take his uniform off last night. Honestly I had no idea those boys would have this amazing run -- especially against the other champion cities. So happy I'm off Monday cuz I'm going to that next game! They just need 2 more. And my Alex did great in Peter Pan -- she actually had a costume change heee. I know ya'll can't wait for the pictures LOL. Very proud auntie.

ETA: Muski I'm knowing how you feel when Carrie is kicking butt!

I find Clay extremely cool and an original!

As I stated in my post I do think Clay is cool but I'm not and never was. Even in college I was friends with the outcasts, of which there were quite a few. Never really bothered me.

But since Clay is always mentioning how he is not cool, I'm guessing that is who he is marketing to. After a quick search through the CNN archives of the CH here are a few of Clay's comments from last year:

He recently told The Associated Press, 'I'm not cool, you know what I mean? I'm not gonna lie. I'm not trying to be Justin Timberlake. Thank God we have him, but I'm not him....I'm not gonna bring anybody's sexy back.'

3/10/08 Pacific Coast online.com

Ah, I don't care. Whatever. I've been around people who are too cool for me for almost 30 years now. I don't know. I don't think I'm very threatening, but I do threaten the notion that you must be good-looking and athletic and cool in order to be successful. I kind of screwed that up for some people who thought they were going to fly by.

San Francisco Chronicle 5/2/08

The record label latched on to me doing a Christmas album. It kind of made sense. It worked beautifully for whatever reason. The truth is, we ain’t radio people. Clay Aiken and the radio don’t happen as easily as Kelly Clarkson or Chris Daughtry. They wanted me to do an album with songs they could sell on TV. Radio is like an advertisement for your album. They thought they could sell Clay Aiken songs for commercials. So I did mostly covers. It ended up being a product I liked quite a bit though there was some resistance from the fans. They call me the next Barry Manilow but at least he has his own music. I wanted stuff that was mine whether it gets played on the radio or not. We went at this saying, that’s not a priority. I don’t want to think about doing radio friendly songs.

Look-I’m not top 40. I’m not cool enough to be on there. If you walk into a nightclub and they put on Clay Aiken music, I hope they’ll run out.

Atlantic Constitution 5/2/08

I know you are all a lot cooler than I ever was but I can't help but notice that several on line fans are already stating thier disappointment in another book by Clay. He is definitely a lot more interesting to me than any other singer I know of. I think he really knows his audience better than they know themselves. :couch1:

What do I know? :noidea:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sorry to disagree with those who think Clay is not and never will be cool, but I must. He's the coolest breeze in my world. There's nothing that does it for me more than natural sensuousness. I love Clay's smart mouth, independent spirit, disinclination to compromise, and seeming distain for the commercially cool -- or cool by fiat of anyone else -- but the sensuous is all over him, and it trumps overt sexual for me every.single.time. Betcha he still can't stop rubbing feet! Clay has a full body and soul connection that is real and transferrable. Yeah, he's so freaking cool I can't stand it! And nobody in the world need agree with me, because it wouldn't affect how I experience Clay Aiken.

In fact, I'm remembering a guy I knew a long time ago whose opinion I trusted in most matters. Once had a discussion in which he said something I've remembered: "Cool is something you can't see through." I can't see through Clay. He remains a maze, a mystery, elusive and in your face all at the same time, and he has this voice .... for which I have no words. That's fucking COOL!

I agree that Clay is so cool because of everything you say. Yet how can a man be so cool and yet be so hot at the same time? When Clay sings, sensual sexuality oozes out of his whole body. He makes love to that microphone. Maybe it is that full body and soul connection that you mention. Whatever it is, it works for me.

He's cool but gives me hot flashes too, haven't even begun menopause yet, lol!!! I'm learning patience and positive thinking, now that I have to wait till August 11th to see if I'll get a ticket for the gala and book a flight. Have a good afternoon and evening, working this evening for a 5 day stretch then 4 days off next weekend.

I don't know how I got through life without actually knowing the story of Peter Pan -- does it really have pirates and indians?

and crocodiles too. Or was it an alligator??? who had swallowed a clock (so you could hear it coming.) Captain Hook and Princess whats-her-ass and all the flights of fancy for little boys. Not to mention a Tinkerbell fairy and a big Nanny dog.

Second star on the right and straight on till morning ...

Re. The NCT Award show tht was broadcast on WRAL this afternoon:

From geekette at the CH:

There was a little bit of Clay at the beginning (a skit) and the presentation at the end. I'm working on the cap and hope to get it up to dancermom2 for editing and vaulting before I have to leave for the evening.

Not much, but a hit of clack is a hit of clack!

So Yeah! And some of it will be new Clack, since we haven't seen the skit at the beginning.

I just want to see him doing anything I haven't seen before. ANY . THING. :lol:

Missing him like crazy.

Christmas book? Bring it on!

SKit on an awards show? Show me it, honey!

In ratty shorts at the airport? Right clickety-click!

Singin' anywhere? I'm so there!

Beautiful day here today...sunny and in the 80's. Went to the Farmer's Market this morning...didn't have as much as I had hoped but I did get a few veggies and some blueberries.

Decided to veg out and and watch the Cubs game on TV and halfway through I realized I hadn't gotten a Father's Day card or gift for hubby...had to make a mad dash to the store.

Saw something interesting while out on errands this morning; coming up to an intersection we saw police cars and thought maybe there had been an accident...turns out it was a convoy of military vehicles...jeeps, trucks, motorcycles, medical vehicles. We must have sat there for about 10 minutes watching them all pass...it was pretty neat. Not sure where they were going but they were heading west on Rt. 30 towards Frankfort, Illinois. My husband and I were chuckling...we've never really seen military vehicles like that except on MASH!

Kim

Oh, I went to the Farmer's Market too! I got a surprising amount of stuff for about $15 total. I need to go back soon -- next time I'll remember to swing by an ATM first. Oh, and I saw this while driving out there. Haven't seen one in years (it's more familiar from the front):

3644436241_48fa4f4042.jpg?v=0

I just want to see him doing anything I haven't seen before. ANY . THING. :lol:

Missing him like crazy.

Christmas book? Bring it on!

SKit on an awards show? Show me it, honey!

In ratty shorts at the airport? Right clickety-click!

Singin' anywhere? I'm so there!

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!!!

OH and :loveclaysbutt:

Oh, I went to the Farmer's Market too! I got a surprising amount of stuff for about $15 total. I need to go back soon -- next time I'll remember to swing by an ATM first. Oh, and I saw this while driving out there. Haven't seen one in years (it's more familiar from the front):

3644436241_48fa4f4042.jpg?v=0

We have one sitting in our backyard. It was our coach du jour for several years while the girls were growing up. Now it is in dire need of restoring, since one of the last times it was driven (by chachadotter#1) the door somehow fell off! (OK, bottom line is, ours is not as old nor in as good condition!)

NCT Award clack is in the vault at CV...skit at the beginning is really cute!

Kim

Ooops, double post!

ETA: BTW, I owe Clique an apology for frowning at it (virtually) everytime someone jubilantly posted that they got their OFC stuff. Turns out that mine did arrive, I just didn't know what that key in my mailbox meant -- I needed to use it to unlock another (bigger) box that had my loot! Today, I ran into my mailman and asked him what the key meant and he explained all about that then added, "It's been there a while."

:sorry:Clique! :BlowKiss:

Beautiful day here today...sunny and in the 80's. Went to the Farmer's Market this morning...didn't have as much as I had hoped but I did get a few veggies and some blueberries.

Oh, I went to the Farmer's Market too! I got a surprising amount of stuff for about $15 total. I need to go back soon -- next time I'll remember to swing by an ATM first.

I went out to a new farmer's market today.....at bit out of the way, but man, oh man, was it worth the drive. This sucker is huge! Hee, I ran through an ATM first, but figured $60 was enough. Wrong! I ran out of money after I discovered a great, Ontario grown, drug free beef and pork stand. Went home, dumped the stuff, grabbed the meat-eating son, went through the ATM a second time, and went back to spend another $40. Wheeeeeee! When I looked through my grocery list afterwards I decided there was no need to hit the grocery store anymore. The only thing left on it is mayo. LOL! We had some great steak and veggies for dinner, and I made a big pot of apple sauce and a strawberry-rhubarb crisp to boot. Hopefully my company tomorrow will eat most of it because I surely don't need it. :P

Off to download fresh clack!