#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

Preden- I think you're awesome!

((((((Luckiest))))) - you're awesome too!

Thank you!!

Got to go to work, but I have 4 days off tomorrow. Have a good day everyone!

I am a Christian who was taught love, acceptance and that we were ALL created in one image. That's how I have lived my life .I don't understand a faith that preaches intolerance. I do believe there will be a lot of......ah.... "Christians"....... answering some mighty hard questions on that final day.

Love your post, Preden. I think we have all learned a lot from Clay.Well said,Luckiest.

I can't wait to hear some news from Clay, about anything. I'm also holding my breath that I will be fast enough to grab two tickets to that Gala................Aug 11th is going to be one busy day at the BAF..... :cocktail:

There was a Clay mention on Letterman tonight -

David said that he's planning on going to the Gay Pride parade... as Clay Aiken's mother.

hohoho :smartass:

tree... I think you were too kind to that humor. :cryingwlaughter:

Howdy, y'all. I'm so behind, but I wanted to drop in and say hello to everybody. Shuttle is about to come get me so I can ransom my car from the repair shop. I'm trying to be grateful, at this point, that the cost is below $2000 and not above. After two and a half days without a vehicle, my kids and I have been going stir-crazy. Anyway...figured my friends here could relate to the groan-inducing joys of the unexpected summer expense, since I see we had some A/C problems and other stuff going on here. (((HUGS))) to all with the throbbing pocketbooks and may all our 'things' stay together, running perfectly, for a while for all of us! :)

Topic? Love that Clay Aiken guy. That's about all I can muster at the moment. heh

{{{{0lsee}}}} for your large expenditures!

About beryl... I had 3 really good Clay friends who supported him and BAF extensively until he came out. From talking to them about this before they left the fandom, the whole thing comes down to believing that being gay is a choice and a sinful one at that or believing you are born that way and therefore God made them that way. To them there is no such thing as being gay... it is choosing to behave as a gay.

Their religion was such an important part of their lives and accepting Clay would somehow negate that, so they walked away. Their loss and when they get to heaven, they'll find out how wrong they were.

My arguement to them was... the bible says it's ok for a man to beat his wife, even giving the dimensions of the stick to use. Did they believe/agree with that? No... then why were they insisting on agreeing with the bible that being gay is an abomination before God.

Deep down it was their choice to be homophobic, no matter how they phrased it or excused it.

If MY opinion offended anyone, I am sorry for your distress.

Just wanted to say that I understand this fan who is leaving, as I too have a similur background but loving clay as he is has opened my mind to many new things. It's not the only part of him. He is a wonderful human being. I had some difficulties and my family gives sometime a hard time because of this but I told them what goes on in Clay's private is none of our business, and I also told them if one of them told me he or she was gay, I would still love them and accept them as they are. I have a young nephew who came out a few years ago, he's the same age as my son and I had some difficulties with this but since I've accepted clay as he is, it's the same for my nephew and I just love him more now. Maybe some folks would not understand that I had some difficulties but people must understand what we are taught and how we can change our views and beliefs.

I'm so glad that Clay's coming out has benefited your relationship with your nephew. I understand how difficult this has been for you, and I'm so glad to hear that you have come to a new way of looking at things.

:hug: to you too!

I'm working on adrenaline & fumes because I had to get up at 3am this morning to get to a boat dock on an island south of here by 5am, so although I will try not to offend I'm not sure I'll be very successful. By the week of March 6, 2009 we'd pretty much established where most of the members of this board stand with regards to Clay. That week was also characterized by much ribaldry and play-teasing, with merrieeee calling me on my sleeping with half the fandom and then in turn I sent feelers to and got rejected (sob!) by canfly. We talked a lot about whether or not we gave a hoot about some comments that we were starting to be a gay-centric board/fandom (Lol on merrieeee's explanation). So why in the world would someone join us at that time and then today, when most of us have hardly been around all week, get up and leave on a, um, let's just say eye-catching stance? I haven't seen any noteworthy news other than PH getting decked so I'm rather mystified.

That said, one of my co-workers rode with me to a team-building event at the ballpark recently and when we got into my car and I started it, BYLM was on. My companion seemed pleasantly surprised and she said it sounded just like her favorite station KSBJ. I didn't recognize it at first (especially since I didn't hear the entire thing) but it turned out to be one of our local CCM stations here. I think people make that connection because one just has to listen to him to hear love and compassion and everything being a Christian is all about (or should be about!) I'm sorry that some can't hear that any longer but it is still there, more than ever, for all who will just stop, open their hearts and minds, and listen once more.

I'm working on adrenaline & fumes because I had to get up at 3am this morning to get to a boat dock on an island south of here by 5am, so although I will try not to offend I'm not sure I'll be very successful. By the week of March 6, 2009 we'd pretty much established where most of the members of this board stand with regards to Clay. That week was also characterized by much ribaldry and play-teasing, with merrieeee calling me on my sleeping with half the fandom and then in turn I sent feelers to and got rejected (sob!) by canfly. We talked a lot about whether or not we gave a hoot about some comments that we were starting to be a gay-centric board/fandom (Lol on merrieeee's explanation). So why in the world would someone join us at that time and then today, when most of us have hardly been around all week, get up and leave on a, um, let's just say eye-catching stance? I haven't seen any noteworthy news other than PH getting decked so I'm rather mystified.

I think you make some very valid points. The time line is a bit odd and the reasoning(?) a bit too detailed, colorful. Why pick an outspoken free speech board with no rigid rules as a place to look for like-minded people if by like-minded you really mean close-minded? Sounds too structured to me.

I get that this and other boards might not suit everyone. Heaven knows I would not be a good fit for a bible thumping religiously conservative board that cannot accept Clay as he is, a decent, giving, honorable and talented man. I would hope that when I discovered the incompatibility that I would bow out quietly without insulting the established members. But, then if I wanted to stir shit before leaving, maybe I would do otherwise.

I'm sorry, but it really sickens me when people use Christianity/religion as an excuse for bigotry.

So shoot me.

We all are taught things as children; by our parents, our teachers, our church...but then as we grow and experience life; it is natural that we start to question ideas and theology; examine our own feelings and reactions. To never question; to just accept is to become stagnent and closed off...we have these wonderful brains with which to feel and learn and educate ourselves...to me it is a disservice to not use them.

Kim

If I drank I would raise a glass to all you open minded people! :11:

I love Clay Aiken. He's a good man!

I don't post much, but just wanted to say that the part I bolded says it all. Clay Aiken is a good man and when all is said and done, that is all that matters.

(that and I have to tell keepingfaith that No One Expects the Spanish Inquisition made me chuckle)

ETA: I guess I don't post much is quite an understatement!!!

beryl, there are no words. I definitely live in a different world than you do as do all of my friends. Good luck to you in whatever your endeavors may be.

I will always respect and admire Clay for the man and humanitarian he is. His private life is none of my business as is mine to anyone else. YMMV

Before teaching lessons today, I watched a previously taped "Prayers for Bobby." I'm with Fear -- there are no words, and I definitely live in a different world from our departed member. I hope one day the world figures out that God loves all his creations. :hug:

On a lighter note from yesterday, I love this post. Once again, Wanda nailed it: :cryingwlaughter:

ACKKKKK!!! Where is that freckled little shit?????

Have a great evening, all! :thbighug-1:

Caro listen.gif

ETA: Just give SueRue a little time. At the rate she posts, she will catch up with the board admins muy pronto! :hysterical:

Wheeeeeee! Love the new old pics. Wherever were they discovered?

I also love this board. :thbighug-1: to you all. I think I must be PMSing cuz I am letting things get to me that I can usually shrug off. Beliefs like beryl's are nothing new and I'm sure this won't be the last time I hear them, either. But people like preden give me hope that eventually, we'll get there.

Caro moi???? You must be thinking of the OTHER SueReu :whistling-1:

Nope, I'm sure I have the right Sue. You will be past "walking the dog" very soon. :cryingwlaughter:

Caro listen.gif

I don't know, I'm pretty quiet and shy and all that other stuff....

*closes eyes, posts and hopes I'm now past "Walking the Dog"*

ETA: Rats!!!!

I kept reading the posts after beryl's post - I didn't go off to read her "goodbye" - and thank goodness. I won't bother now based on what it sounds like she had to say. Don't need to read that kind of stuff and {{{hugs}}} to those who did read it. I'll just word you all - don't understand people who need to announce they're leaving and then stir the turd at that. Hopefully she'll be happy wherever she ends up. Whatever.

I love Clay Aiken and :loveclaysbutt:

and :thbighug-1: luckiest1

I kept reading the posts after beryl's post - I didn't go off to read her "goodbye" - and thank goodness.

Yeah me either, I'll just say...'buh 'bye.

I am a Christian and I know that GOD is my judge and that the only person that needs to live by my moral code is me.

----

That said....

Can we talk about certain politicians who feel a need to protect the sanctity of marriage from "those gay people"? IMO they would be better served by protecting the sanctity of their own marriages. You want to defend traditional marriage? Try keeping your pecker in your own marriage and stop lecturing everyone else.

*oooo was I channeling wanda there for a bit?*

So the individual joined a message board about a singer she has problems with and assumes all the people who were just like her have since left, so she signs off? WTF ???? Sorry but the only love this person has in her heart is when she looks in mirror. I have been reading Crisis at CV and it sure is an eye opener. It would serve her well to take a look at the experiences of gays in our socio-political and religious institutions as they try to cope. Suicide is not uncommon because of people with closed minds. So sad. She does not belong anywhere near Clay.

/end of rant

That said....

Can we talk about certain politicians who feel a need to protect the sanctity of marriage from "those gay people"? IMO they would be better served by protecting the sanctity of their own marriages. You want to defend traditional marriage? Try keeping your pecker in your own marriage and stop lecturing everyone else.

YEAH THAT!!!

I think I have experienced enough hatred in the last 10 months to last me a lifetime. It has been a real eye opener for sure. I often think about what Clay wrote in LTS... that Vernon's behavior showed him what he DIDN'T ever want to be. That is how I feel when I think about people who have judged, criticized and shunned Clay. They have shown me what I don't ever want to be. And in the end, I think I have gained far more than I have lost. I think Clay has too.

These are from the Cary concert of the SHRP Tour:

183793968-M.jpg

183794648-M.jpg

183794691-M.jpg