#52: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

jmh123

Thread title poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I am so grateful for a board that is celebrating The Clay!
    • We have no idea in hell what Clay is up to. We hope he's happy.
    • God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.
    • He's made a changed woman out of me!
    • Clay Aiken - Better than burnt weinies!

I surrender! Can someone pleeeeease tell me what the awards thingy is listed under????

I tried Special Appearances, Television Appearances... 'course I've been working on a project for about 11,234 straight hours now and my eyes ain't what they used to be.

HELP!!!!!!!!! I NEED MY CLACK!!!!! :Imok:

ETA: thanks for that, luckiest1 :bighug:

I surrender! Can someone pleeeeease tell me what the awards thingy is listed under????

I tried Special Appearances, Television Appearances... 'course I've been working on a project for about 11,234 straight hours now and my eyes ain't what they used to be.

HELP!!!!!!!!! I NEED MY CLACK!!!!! :Imok:

ETA: thanks for that, luckiest1 :bighug:

Here are Sendspace links for both videos:

NCT Awards Intro

NCT Awards Presentation

Enjoy! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Thanks a bunch !!!!!!

That first clip :cocktail: .......OMG...from the back, from the front...the man is lookin' REAL GOOD :hubbahubba:

That tux fits him perfectly. Looks expensive too.

Thanks Carolina Clay. I'll probably be in bed when it's up at the CH. :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

Thank you, Caro! It was great to see the intro. Yes, Clay did cut a verrrry classy and sexy figure in that tux, both from the front and the back! YUMMM.

My family and I just returned from a week in Oklahoma City. We took an unexpected trip there because my hubby's Grandmother passed away. I've known her for 27 years, and she was like my own Grandmother. She was 92, and lived in her own home until a few weeks ago. Anyway, we went for the funeral, and to help with cleaning up the house and getting it ready to sell. It was good to see my hubby's relatives (for the most part!) and to spend some extra time with hubby and my kids on the road!

So, did I miss anything this last week? I don't have time to get caught up. Many thanks to anyone who can provide a quick synopsis of Clay events for the last week!

:kiss:

Ansa... What a riot that you and couchie start this board and your birthdays are a day apart. Kewl!!!

That is definitely kewl. And lin, I think there are quite a few back-to-back birthdays at FCA .... including you and me, kid! (Libras don't kick butt, we kiss it and make it better. )

kf... So that's the reason I agree with you so often! :cryingwlaughter: Am I remembering your b'day is the 5th?

Sorry to disagree with those who think Clay is not and never will be cool, but I must. He's the coolest breeze in my world. There's nothing that does it for me more than natural sensuousness. I love Clay's smart mouth, independent spirit, disinclination to compromise, and seeming distain for the commercially cool -- or cool by fiat of anyone else -- but the sensuous is all over him, and it trumps overt sexual for me every.single.time. Betcha he still can't stop rubbing feet! Clay has a full body and soul connection that is real and transferrable. Yeah, he's so freaking cool I can't stand it! And nobody in the world need agree with me, because it wouldn't affect how I experience Clay Aiken.

In fact, I'm remembering a guy I knew a long time ago whose opinion I trusted in most matters. Once had a discussion in which he said something I've remembered: "Cool is something you can't see through." I can't see through Clay. He remains a maze, a mystery, elusive and in your face all at the same time, and he has this voice .... for which I have no words. That's fucking COOL!

kf... see I told you I agree with you often... this was extremely well said!!! Is it hot in here????

Pfft, cool or uncool, Clay's Clay and that's just fab. I mean, the way I think of it, all the "cool" people blend together. So what if he's uncool? Just means he's marching to the beat of his own drum (or orchestra). I called one of my best friends "weird" today and we agreed that it was a compliment. So I just think of Clay being called "uncool" as really a compliment... means he's not a sheep doing what everybody else is, 'sall! :laugh2:

Also, I appear to have gone from clayzycoffin to layzycoffin and missed wishing Couchie and Ansa HAPPY BIRTHDAYs!! This must be fixed! Happy (belated) Birthday, Couchie and Ansa!!! :BlowKiss:

clayz... boy, you, too! I so agree, especially with the bolded above ^^^

{{{{{Gibby and family}}}}} What a successful life she had to live independently that long and be so loved.

:GM_FCA:

Happy Father's Day to all our Dads; those that are still here and those that are no longer with us except in our hearts and memories.

Happy Father's Day to Clay...enjoy and cherish your day with Parker.

119 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Thanks everso for the sendspaces, Caro! A jonesing Claymate is not a pretty sight!

Hope all who can share a happy Father's Day with their dads do, and to those who can only visit them in their hearts and memories a big hug. :bighug:

:dadrocks: (and mine did, too!)

ETA: The intro was adorable, and I FLOVE that they brought him on the stage to the music of Measure of a Man. FLOVE!

Thanks everso for the sendspaces, Caro! A jonesing Claymate is not a pretty sight!

Hope all who can share a happy Father's Day with their dads do, and to those who can only visit them in their hearts and memories a big hug. :bighug:

:dadrocks: (and mine did, too!)

ETA: The intro was adorable, and I FLOVE that they brought him on the stage to the music of Measure of a Man. FLOVE!

Boy wasn't I not paying attention to the music, didn't even hear Measure of a Man when he was brought to the stage. He looked so good!!!!

Ooops, double post!

ETA: BTW, I owe Clique an apology for frowning at it (virtually) everytime someone jubilantly posted that they got their OFC stuff. Turns out that mine did arrive, I just didn't know what that key in my mailbox meant -- I needed to use it to unlock another (bigger) box that had my loot! Today, I ran into my mailman and asked him what the key meant and he explained all about that then added, "It's been there a while."

:sorry:Clique! :BlowKiss:

Now that you've exonerated Clique -- let me take this opportunity to condemn them again. June is my renewal at the fanclub and I did so with no problem, at least that's what I thought until I saw that they ran the charge through twice at my bank. So I was out $78.08 instead of $39.04. I sent emails twice, both with URGENT in the subject line, and didn't get a response. Nada. So I called Bank of America and got their phone number and someone actually answered the phone. They checked, agreed that indeed they had charged me twice in error, and said they'd fix it -- in a couple of weeks. It took them one day to get it OUT of my bank, and who knows when I'll actually be reimbursed! It's not such a big deal that this happened if it gets fixed, but nobody EVER responded to my emails. That I find unacceptable. Do they employ only one or two people?

Clique get no kisses from me 'til they ... FIX IT!

Happy Father's Day to all Dads!!!

Hope that all who can share this special day with their Dads/kids do!!!

Bottlecap, your post said it all. But it can never be said enough:

Happy Father's Day Clay!!!

:dadrocks: :bb05: :babies_100: :Laie_6:

Happy 1st Father's Day, Clay!

:wub:baby_wave.gif:wub:

Wishing you & Parker

all the love and happiness your hearts can hold.

Do they employ only one or two people?

heee my guess is yes they employ just a few people and probably one accounting person. I remember back when Clay first started with them there was an ad for an accounts payable/receivable person and they paid well below the going rate - something like $12/hr if I recall correctly. I couldn't even think about applying for it if I wanted to eat. Unfortunately refunds do take some time to go back into your account even if they did it the first day you asked. Sometimes up to 10 days. So hopefully they have already moved on that. I also used to work in Emeryville so rode by their small offices every day. How many fan clubs do they run does anyone know?

I hope Clay is enjoying his first father's day.

Ooops, double post!

ETA: BTW, I owe Clique an apology for frowning at it (virtually) everytime someone jubilantly posted that they got their OFC stuff. Turns out that mine did arrive, I just didn't know what that key in my mailbox meant -- I needed to use it to unlock another (bigger) box that had my loot! Today, I ran into my mailman and asked him what the key meant and he explained all about that then added, "It's been there a while."

:sorry:Clique! :BlowKiss:

Now that you've exonerated Clique -- let me take this opportunity to condemn them again. June is my renewal at the fanclub and I did so with no problem, at least that's what I thought until I saw that they ran the charge through twice at my bank. So I was out $78.08 instead of $39.04. I sent emails twice, both with URGENT in the subject line, and didn't get a response. Nada. So I called Bank of America and got their phone number and someone actually answered the phone. They checked, agreed that indeed they had charged me twice in error, and said they'd fix it -- in a couple of weeks. It took them one day to get it OUT of my bank, and who knows when I'll actually be reimbursed! It's not such a big deal that this happened if it gets fixed, but nobody EVER responded to my emails. That I find unacceptable. Do they employ only one or two people?

KF,

If Clique ran the charge twice at your bank, Bank of American can correct it, and you do not have to wait. They just credit your account for the second charge and then they deal with whoever made the mistake and get their money back from them. That is what I have done in the past. The bank has always taken care of a problem like a double charge for the same item.

I need some advice from you all.

My subscription is up in just a few days and I'd like to know what the difference is in the offered Ultimate membership and the Online Only plan? And is the difference worth US$10.00?

Also Scarlett and KAndre when you were travelling from place to place in China how many pieces of luggage were you having to schlep around?

I will be leaving on my trip to the UK in a few days and am beginning to obsess about luggage weight and numbers. :Imok: I realize that this is the first time in years that I have not had a central location from which I come and go and have had someone to drive me.

I'll be travelling by train in increments from London to West Yorkshire.

Advice from any of you seasoned travellers is much welcome. :please::flirtysmile3::giveflowers:

Sheesh does this look desperate or what?

There is a thread set-up in the "Dear Clay" section of the OFC message board where you can post your Father's Day greetings to Clay if you wish. I don't normally feel like I need to "talk" to Clay, but since this is such a special day, I was glad there was a place at the OFC to do that.

My subscription is up in just a few days and I'd like to know what the difference is in the offered Ultimate membership and the Online Only plan? And is the difference worth US$10.00?

Unless you really really need the extra stuff (a travel mug and a lapel pin, basically - plus shipping costs), I'd go with the online only plan. That gives you access to the message board and blogs, which is what's really important.

Also Scarlett and KAndre when you were travelling from place to place in China how many pieces of luggage were you having to schlep around?

I will be leaving on my trip to the UK in a few days and am beginning to obsess about luggage weight and numbers. :Imok: I realize that this is the first time in years that I have not had a central location from which I come and go and have had someone to drive me.

Lotus, our trips are very different.

I went to Hongkong knowing that I was going to bring back a lot of stuff since the bargains there are plentiful (shirts for under $5, dress clothes for $16-18, etc). I put my things in a carry-on and put the carry-on into a standard piece of luggage on the way there. Coming back, I took the carry-on out and put the loot in the regular luggage.

You'll be travelling by train with many segments. I think you should pack as light as possible and be prepared to take your luggage both up and down plenty of steps. The Rick Steves books are very useful for train-travelling. For a 3-week train trip, I'd take less than I would bring to a weekend concert trip. BTW, the dryers I've used over there are smaller and don't run as hot so things that can be easily washed, hung to dry and re-used are the way to go.

If you plan to use a quad-band phone, make sure you're signed up for the right international plan(s) before you leave and that you cancel them the minute you get back, e.g. international texting by the minute is horribly expensive but there are very reasonable monthly text plans you could use instead. Sometimes the phone service people don't tell you these things so you should ask. I was lucky (or probably sounded v. helpless/cute) with the AT&T folks who'd called me to say that I'd used over $300 worth of international data uploads but I could switch to a 1-month $50 plan that would easily cover my data needs for the rest of my stay AND the bandwidth I'd already used up to that point. Not everyone will let you do this, so check & sign up for what you need beforehand.

I'll be travelling by train in increments from London to West Yorkshire.

Advice from any of you seasoned travellers is much welcome. :please::flirtysmile3::giveflowers:

Sheesh does this look desperate or what?

Like Scarlett says, travel light. Train station in London was very busy and crowded when I went, and it was a pain to haul heavy luggage. People in Europe really use their rail system. Next time I will travel light. Clothes are not inexpensive there though, so be sure to take what you are sure you will need. I found that in Europe most people wear a lot of black so that makes it easier to plan a traveling wardrobe. Also take good walking shoes. People in the UK do not rely on cars as much as we do. They walk.