#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Hey! ldyj! Have a great Day! Thinking of Clay! Rolling in the Hay! CumCome what may! May your day be filled with Clay Play! With no thoughts of Faye! Yeah, hold her at bay! Here's hoping for a lay! Or there's hell to pay! So just say nay! To work or wor-ray!

O-kay?

:thbighug-1:

:happybirthday05:

In this drought time, I've decided to increase my awareness of gay issues by working my way through Afterelton.com's "50 best gay movies." Number 3 is Latter Days, and I like it so much I thought I'd share. It's a story about a young missionary coming to terms with his gayness (and falling in love) in relation to a religion and family that says it's a sin and he'll burn in hell. I can't help but think Clay went through some of the same torment (even though he says otherwise). Anyhow, I watched it on NetFlix instant play if anyone is interested. I'd love to hear what someone else thinks of it.

I watched Shelter too--and liked it also. Why didn't I know there were these kinds of movies out there? A whole world invisible to the straight one?

Or just me????

In this drought time, I've decided to increase my awareness of gay issues by working my way through Afterelton.com's "50 best gay movies." Number 3 is Latter Days, and I like it so much I thought I'd share. It's a story about a young missionary coming to terms with his gayness (and falling in love) in relation to a religion and family that says it's a sin and he'll burn in hell. I can't help but think Clay went through some of the same torment (even though he says otherwise). Anyhow, I watched it on NetFlix instant play if anyone is interested. I'd love to hear what someone else thinks of it.

I watched Shelter too--and liked it also. Why didn't I know there were these kinds of movies out there? A whole world invisible to the straight one?

Or just me????

Hey wandacleo, good for you. I actually own a copy of Latter Days but it's been years since I watched it. You have inspired me to pull it out and watch it again this weekend. :)

ETA: Can you share the Top 50 list with us?

Kimiye I love your avatar! Where is it from?

Kimiye I love your avatar! Where is it from?

Ah, an excellent question! It's a screenshot from the very first 36-second video I ever took of Clay, on August 9, 2003, from front row center of the Orlando AI concert. It's so short because security (AKA Jerome Junior) was bearing down on me. Back then we were allowed photos but video was verboten. Somewhere round here I have a motion gif/avi suitable for boards that allow that kind of thing.

ETA: Found it!

rockstar.gif

I got braver in Tampa, and thus was recreated the legend of Tampa 1:04, which has been giffed and uploaded just about everywhere.

Anyway, here's a YouSendIt, about 20Mb original .avi file of this lesser known early piece of Clay.

Or just me????

Hey wandacleo, good for you. I actually own a copy of Latter Days but it's been years since I watched it. You have inspired me to pull it out and watch it again this weekend. :)

ETA: Can you share the Top 50 list with us?

Do you think I could get that movie somewhere? I'd like to see it.

ldyj... :bdayparty2::bdayparty2:Happy Birthday to you!!!

:GM_FCA:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LDYJ!

28 years ago today I decided to throw caution to the wind and take my cousin up on the offer of a blind date; 27 years ago today I married that blind date...think I will keep him...Happy Anniversary, Honey!

29 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champion's Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

aikim.... awwww. What a great story! Happy Anniversary!!! :04: :thewave: :fest30:

Hey! ldyj! Have a great Day! Thinking of Clay! Rolling in the Hay! CumCome what may! May your day be filled with Clay Play! With no thoughts of Faye! Yeah, hold her at bay! Here's hoping for a lay! Or there's hell to pay! So just say nay! To work or wor-ray!

O-kay?

:thbighug-1:

:happybirthday05:

muski.... BWAH!!! So you say!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Or just me????

wanda... thanks for the info! I have a grandson that I wouldn't be surprised if he is gay. I'd like to also increase my understanding of the gay issues better to help him if I can.

:happybirthday01: ldj

hope you have a great day. Maybe someone will post Clay jumping out of a cake for ya :)

Kim Happy Anniversary

Anyone watching Mariah Carey on Oprah. The two fans who got to meet her were so funny & cute. She did sing I Want to know what love is which I also heard on the radio last night.

Still like Clay's version & it's not even one of my favorite songs from him.

I have a copy burned to a data DVD. I can run you a copy and give it to you at the gala if you want.

ETA: The avi file is about 700 mb if anyone can think of a good way to share it. I don't think we have the room on the goldarngirl site.

Happy Birthday ldyjocelyn!

So apparently we are at risk of frost tonight. Going down to 3 C (about 42 F) tonight. I'd better cover up the tomatoes!

Happy Birthday, ldyjocelyn!

I know you're a smile-ho, so for your present...

eeks, I didn't realise we were suppose to bring presents to this shindig :clay: Sorry they're not wrapped ~

And a wittle cwooky smile to complete the gift ~

Back from dinner...went to a little Italian Restaurant in the area...first-timers get a tour of the kitchen and the even have a table in the kitchen if you want to eat in there...reservations only...too cute!

Food was fabulous and were serenaded by Dean (That's Amore), Frank and Nat King Cole while we ate...it was perfect!

Hubby is now laying in bed watching the baseball game, while I am talking to you...we are such romantics, LOL!

Kim

For those of you interested in the top 50 gay movies, here is the link. The first page is the introduction and the list starts on page 2.

Top 50 gay movies of all time, 2009

ETA: I think Netflix has most of the movies on the list.

I have a copy burned to a data DVD. I can run you a copy and give it to you at the gala if you want.

ETA: The avi file is about 700 mb if anyone can think of a good way to share it. I don't think we have the room on the goldarngirl site.

Happy Birthday ldyjocelyn!

So apparently we are at risk of frost tonight. Going down to 3 C (about 42 F) tonight. I'd better cover up the tomatoes!

It's 12:33 am, just got home from work, so cold tonight. Yes I would that dvd if you can bring it at the gala. Thanks. It won't be long and we'll start packing!!!

:happybirthday01: ldj

hope you have a great day. Maybe someone will post Clay jumping out of a cake for ya :)

check:

birthdayclay.jpg

happybirthday.gif

Happy Birthday LdyJocelyn!

birthdaydog.jpg

birthdaycake1.jpg

birthdayClay.jpg

birthdayfromclay.gif

Birthdaymakeawishandblow.jpg

birthdaymouse2.jpg

HappyBirthday8.gif

Can you cut it in half? Hmmm...limit for sendspace is 300. Cut it in thirds in spots where it wouldn't matter too much?

Happy Birthday, ldyjocelyn!

I know you're a smile-ho, so for your present...

eeks, I didn't realise we were suppose to bring presents to this shindig :clay: Sorry they're not wrapped ~

Wow! that one Virgin signing picture is GORGEOUS!!! :flirtysmile3: I wish that it didn't have the tag on it! :(