#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

:GA_FCA:

I sent a couple of "bulk" mailings out RE the Christie Cookies Charity Giveaway. I wish I had added to line that the recipients (family, friends, parents of students, former students, etc.) are welcome to send it to others.

:bdayparty2:Happy Birthday to aikim! :bdayparty2:

Love the pix party, liney23 and ldyj! :clap: :clap:

Have a great evening, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

VOTE for the National Inclusion Project: Christie Cookies Charity Giveaway

To my Claybuddy AIKIM

:happybirthday05:

Thanks so much, we need to do lunch!

Liney I had my anniversary on the 18th, that might be what you are thinking about.

Couchie I agree about the tweet...but what would be really funny is if fans showed up looking for Clay and he decided to go the night before :hahaha:

Kim

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have posted the tweet. Didn't really think of that in that way. My bad.

From Corabeth at the CH regarding the DVD set for last season of 30 Rock:

I just got the 30Rock DVD. Here is a summary of what is on it for Kidney Now!

There are two bonus sections for Kidney Now. One is "The making of", which is the pre-recording of the song.

There is a wide shot of Michael MacDonald singing and you can see Clay standing over him.

They pre-recorded everything and they brought them each in groups. Clay, Elvis, Nora Jones and Sara B. were brought in together. Clay was wearing jeans and his UConn hoodie. The writer and producer are commenting and they show the four of them doing a harmony and saying that they were all professionals and know what to do and just hit their mark.

Clay was shown during the recording from his left side. It didn't look too swollen at all.

They commented on a few individual singers but not Clay.

The lead commentator said they wanted to make some interesting pairings. They showed a few and then showed Clay and Elvis. The guy said "Elvis Costello with Clay Aiken is such an incredible...when they look at each other... is such an incredible moment."

There is another bonus feature of a table read of the finale.

This is interesting. The script must have been old. They had TBD for the actor playing Milton Greene. Also, the scene with Elvis, Mary J and Clay was written as Elvis, Mary J and Michael Stipe from REM.

The whole dialogue is different and it was Elvis that said the paragraph about all the things musicians have done (Alex Baldwin did it on the show). Michael Stipe had three words in the original script. The cast is laughing when they are reading it but I found the scene and new dialogue with Clay and Elvis to be funnier. Based on the 30Rock message board reaction that night, they loved the Kenneth is Clay's cousin part as well.

So, verra interesting that not only was Clay's part put in the actual show and not just the song but that they made him related to a main character and gave him a lot of lines compared to how the scene was originally written. I think that's pretty cool.

Hey Aikim...it's still your birthday in California for 8 more minutes! I hope you had a great day.

I'm watching Good Eats. Hey EHP..did you know the cheese puff are made out of corn lol. Guess I never read the package.

30Rock...if Clay ever appear again I'll watch him but that show just didn't do it for me.

Happy Birthday Aikim!!

Extraordinary day here - a massive dust storm blanketing about a quarter of the country. I can still smell it and taste it. Visibility was much reduced and the sun shone blue. I saw photos on the news of blood red skies. Freaky.

Well I had better go now and start dusting :chores012:

Good Morning Everyone,

30 Rock didn't do it for me either; just didn't get the funny.

24 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Not sure why we're opining on 30 Rock, but IMO it's one of the best shows ever. It doesn't just make me laugh, but it makes me LAUGH! When I first started watching, probably took me two or three consecutive shows to get the underlying character dynamics and the pace of it, but it is one of the few must.watch shows for me on network TV. Almost everything else in my must.watch category is on cable.

Oops, Aikim, sorry to be late on sending my best wishes, but I hope your birthday was a fun one! And if you want to go ahead and take the rest of the week to celebrate, I'm all for it ...

happybdaysparkle-1.gif

30 Rock is one of those shows that I don't make time for, but when I DO watch it, I always say "why AREN'T I watching this on a regular basis?" IMO, it's a fairly smart, literate comedy. I hope Clay appears again.

Yesterday's photo battle was fairly easily determined in the first few hours. Here is your winner...

KimmelGlance.jpg

Today's tourney is here. Have a great day!

A little more than three weeks to the Gala and don't know what I'll wear or if I'll stay over. What a mess I am. :Imok:

Funny story, at least I thought it was. I told you all that we had been fixing up a small house we own to rent but now we want to get rid ofsell it. Almost every day for the past six months we have been there working on it.

Well we got a call from someone interested in it. I told him all the things we did in and outside of it. All he was interested in was the lot width and depth. Turns out he wanted to tear down the house so he could put a mini mansion on it. No sale.:rolleyes:

ETA: I agree that 30Rock is funny but I always forget when it's on as I rarely watch network tv.

Extraordinary day here - a massive dust storm blanketing about a quarter of the country. I can still smell it and taste it. Visibility was much reduced and the sun shone blue. I saw photos on the news of blood red skies. Freaky.

I just read a story and watched a slide show on MSNBC.com about the Australian dust storm. Scary!

Hey Fear, I don't know what I'm going to wear either. I'm thinking I might just wear what I wore last year if it still fits. We'll see, I'm not stressing yet but wow, is the gala ever coming up fast! Here in Canada, we still have Thanksgiving to deal with first. Looks like it's going to be at my house.

I don't watch 30 Rock, I really don't find it funny. :shrugs:

That Australian dust storm is really something, I just read the article and watched the slide show. Wow, hope everyone there is staying indoors until it's gone.

keeping faith said:

Not sure why we're opining on 30 Rock, but IMO it's one of the best shows ever. It doesn't just make me laugh, but it makes me LAUGH! When I first started watching, probably took me two or three consecutive shows to get the underlying character dynamics and the pace of it, but it is one of the few must.watch shows for me on network TV. Almost everything else in my must.watch category is on cable

Yup. Yep. If they would put all my shows on that one night it would be nice - Big Bang, Old Christine, looks like Community is gonna be good.

I think we are opining on 30 Rock becoss Clay was on it!

I believe that what makes people laugh is as varied as what makes people cry. I laugh at the absurdities of life, the preposterousness of it all, and never laugh at personal foibles, embarrassments, pratfalls and the like. Therefore, I can watch slapstick all night long and never crack a smile and watch a satirical movie such as Being There with Peter Sellers and laugh until I cry. Which brings me to crying. I can say categorically that I do not cry over bad news and tragedy, yet boo-hoo like a baby over exceeding happiness and joy. Just give me a long-lost relatives' reunion on TV and when they start hugging I'm a blubbering idiot. As Joni Mitchell once wrote, 'laughing and crying is the same release.' What it is that unlocks one and not the other, or both or neither, has always fascinated me. But whatever it is, laughter is the best thing in the whole world.

Sometimes I laugh or cry at something and can't figure out which one it is;)

Wow a year since Clay "came out"! Doesn't seem that long at all. Now I expect to hear something. I figure he decided to take a year off....well.......

Only opining because the DVD came out for 30Rock and there was a post about Clay's parts on the extras. Thank god for it cuz now I know I don't need to buy it.

TOtally agree about the funny. It's weird but 30Rock feels like one of those shows I'm supposed to like as does that new show Glee. But I just sit there. heee. But definitely know it's probably the fact that I don't get the characters just popping in after a few seasons. I did try the first season. I felt the same way about the Wire when I used to pop in now and then when it was on HBO. And ya'll know (and are probably pretty tired) of my testimony now. :loveclaysbutt:

Wow, a dust storm. Thankfully that's something I don't think we get in Cali.Thankis for the clip Lucky..I'm gonna watch that. Mother Nature is amazing.

Checking my office email this morning, I have two emails from Jive Records about Kris Allen's first single, Live Like You're Dying. I guess 19/Sony is getting with the times because they are giving away the MP3. One email was about streaming it, the other with a link to a free download. My review: It's too wordy, in the Dave Matthews sense.

It's too wordy, in the Dave Matthews sense.

Ah, that reminds me of when I suddenly discovered I was old middle-aged: when I saw a DMB concert on PBS and realized I couldn't understand a word Dave was singing.

Love 30 Rock, but think it's a show where it helps to know the characters. If you dip in and out, you would probably miss many of the running jokes and self-referential gags.

From OFC (with permission) regarding the Christie cookie voting:

There has been some concern about voting more than one email address on this poll. LovesClaysVoice contacted the Christie Cookie people and here is the response:

Susan,

Can you answer a question for me about your Christie Cookie charity contest. Is it legitimate to vote one vote for every legitimate email address in the U.S.? What if one person has multiple email addresses? Is it legitimate to use all of them? Will all the votes be counted?

Thank you!

LCV

LCV,

Each legitimate email will be accepted as a vote.

Thank you,

Susan

So vote vote vote!!!

Oh by the way if a "certain" pic wins overall then I just might have to make a strategic withdrawal for a while! :hysterical:

Wow! GREAT news about the National Inclusion Project moving up to #4 in the Christie Cookies contest!!! :dancetom:

It's too wordy, in the Dave Matthews sense.

Ah, that reminds me of when I suddenly discovered I was old middle-aged: when I saw a DMB concert on PBS and realized I couldn't understand a word Dave was singing.

It's definitly NJY bottle and it certainly has nothing to do with your age :hysterical:

It has far more to do with the Uuuuuuge amounts of the almighty ganga effect while singing :whistling-1:

Wow, so strange. Let us know if you run across a photo of the blue sun. I would love to see that.

Hey Fear, I don't know what I'm going to wear either. I'm thinking I might just wear what I wore last year if it still fits. We'll see, I'm not stressing yet but wow, is the gala ever coming up fast! Here in Canada, we still have Thanksgiving to deal with first. Looks like it's going to be at my house.

I don't watch 30 Rock, I really don't find it funny. :shrugs:

That Australian dust storm is really something, I just read the article and watched the slide show. Wow, hope everyone there is staying indoors until it's gone.

We don't do much here for Thanksgiving, anyhow I'm working all that weekend as I'm off for the gala, 9 days off as of Tues before the gala. I know what I'm wearing and have lost 21 lbs in 9 weeks, so it will fit better. In 3 weeks today going to Vermont to fly to Raleigh on Thursday, already of what I need to bring in my suitcase. My sister and a friend are kindly planning to drive me to Vermont, stay at motel one night and drive to airport on Thursday. My sister is not a clayfan but supports me in my fun I have with all of you and Clay. She sees how much joy it gives me.

Yayyyy for #4 on the Christie Cookie contest, and doubly yaay for the worry about the emails addressed! Thanks, merrieeee!

I'm going to repost my post from CV over here as well, in the hope that it might help someone vote for the second National Inclusion Project challenge! A few folks have found the directions helpful over there.

................................................................................

So far, on the National Inclusion Project's second challenge, we have 140 votes....surely there must be more of us on Facebook, or that have been thinking about signing up for Facebook, that could add their "ilike" to this request?

Here are the steps:

1) Sign in to Facebook, or sign UP for Facebook

2) Click HERE and click on "Become a Fan" at the top of the page.

3) Click HERE and find National Inclusion Project's picture....at the moment, it is at the bottom right of the first page...a group of kids gathered around a table, one little guy in a blue shirt kind of stands out in the pic

4) Click on the picture.

5) Under the picture description, click on "Like" (under the grey line).

Thanks so much for any help with votes to get them a $250 gift card which can be used to help the Project!

This one is simple....only one vote per user. :)