#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

ah kids. Have to watch them every second. LOL. I walked out of my house this morning to discover that on the pathway, my neice had drawn a nice big heart...and put her name and her brothers in pink and green chalk... ok well plausible deniability right? She didn't stop there..she took the chalk and drew a nice firm line from the pathway to our front door with another heart and the words Ma's House. LOL. Surprised the office hasn't stopped by yet with a letter.

Cute! Chalk will wash away -- it isn't permanent.

Moms are a hoot too. I had to drive to Raleigh today to help out because my mother was hallucinating bad. We think it was a new medication the doctor gave her about a week ago. She does hallucinate from time to time "normally," but I've never seen her like this. Of course the doctor never called back. ARGH! At least kids are cute (but they do become teenagers--:yow:).

Moms are a hoot too. I had to drive to Raleigh today to help out because my mother was hallucinating bad. We think it was a new medication the doctor gave her about a week ago. She does hallucinate from time to time "normally," but I've never seen her like this. Of course the doctor never called back. ARGH! At least kids are cute (but they do become teenagers-- :yow: ).

hope it wasn't ativan. My mom actually went through withdrawals when she came down off that.

Yes thank god for the chalk. I think that's why I could laugh about it and why I was so tickled. Unlike the scribbles on the side of my bathroom cabinet in permanent black marker. I never could figure out which kid did that. Although the prior history is beginning to suggest one kid in particular :cryingwlaughter:

When my son was little he drew a road map in permanent black marker all over the living room rug.

topic - Clay is cute and has a cute son. Never cared about his sexuality. I always said..well if he is gay I don't care. The thing I learned when Clay did come out was more about me. I barely skipped a beat. I'm glad that what I had said for those past 6 years turned out to be true.
:yeahthat:

Moms are a hoot too. I had to drive to Raleigh today to help out because my mother was hallucinating bad. We think it was a new medication the doctor gave her about a week ago. She does hallucinate from time to time "normally," but I've never seen her like this. Of course the doctor never called back. ARGH! At least kids are cute (but they do become teenagers-- :yow: ).

hope it wasn't ativan. My mom actually went through withdrawals when she came down off that.

Yes thank god for the chalk. I think that's why I could laugh about it and why I was so tickled. Unlike the scribbles on the side of my bathroom cabinet in permanent black marker. I never could figure out which kid did that. Although the prior history is beginning to suggest one kid in particular :cryingwlaughter:

The boy?

No, not ativan, plain old Wellbutrin, but elderly people with dementia are particularly susceptible to side effects.

When my son was little he drew a road map in permanent black marker all over the living room rug.

topic - Clay is cute and has a cute son. Never cared about his sexuality. I always said..well if he is gay I don't care. The thing I learned when Clay did come out was more about me. I barely skipped a beat. I'm glad that what I had said for those past 6 years turned out to be true.
:yeahthat:

Topic? We don't need no stinkin' topic. :cryingwlaughter:

I wonder if there's a kid in the world who hasn't decorated the house somehow somewhere sometime. But the living room rug? :yow:

I felt like all the pieces that didn't fit suddenly fit together perfectly when Clay admitted he was gay--something I pretty much had already concluded.

Couldn't care less.

I decorated the livingroom rug...but by accident. I was painting and I had squeezable liquid paint containers with a little hole on the top, in the center and you were supposed to just squeeze a little out to dip your paintbrush in. I squeezed. Nothing came out. I squeezed harder. Nothing. I squeezed harder and paint shot out of it and onto the wool rug but kinda half under the couch. I remember freaking and trying to get it off and not being able to and then covering up the paint with a sock (like that would stay there forever). I don't even remember if I finally told mom or if she found it but then came the worse discovery that it had also shot on the expensive floor length drapes. I bawled and sobbed. Only time dad ever threatened a spanking. I bawled and sobbed harder.

Yesterday's photo tourney wasn't as close throughout the day, but got closer as the day and night went on. However, the winner never lost it's lead, I don't believe...

Misty.jpg

Here is today's tourney. The luck of the draw is a BITCH for this one, IMO.

:GM_FCA:

22 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Oddly enough, drawing on inappropriate surfaces is not something my child ever did, he never was into that sort of creativeness - however, I, when I was in the first grade, learned about the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria, and was suitably impressed enough that I decided to decorate my room with them - and the crayons on the wall didn't seem to add enough "oomph" to what I thought they should look like. So I decided to make them three-dimensional - by using the claw end of a hammer to dig in the wall. Well, the sheetrock turned out to be thinner than I thought, so I decided to make silhouettes instead. Took up an entire wall and all day. I showed my father in delight, and after a period of silence, he sat on the floor with his head in his hands that eventually turned out to be laughter and declared his admiration for my "talent" but suggested more appropriate materials. My father was a much more tolerant parent than I could dream of being. In retrospect, I'm lucky my mother had left by that time, because she would have gone all Robo-Cop on me (and frankly, I would have totally understand that).

How delightful to see Clay this morning! Just in time, I was having withdrawal symptoms :)

I agree, a dramatic role for Clay would be awesome, but I'll take whatever he gives me!

fall_leaf2smaller.gif

Autumn Splendor at Ashes Clay the Man

The fall season and raising dollars for Clay's National Inclusion Project. Blends, montages - LCV - Power of the Dream - National Inclusion Project, and more.

Thanks to you all for your visits and comments! :friends:

Oddly enough, drawing on inappropriate surfaces is not something my child ever did, he never was into that sort of creativeness - however, I, when I was in the first grade, learned about the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria, and was suitably impressed enough that I decided to decorate my room with them - and the crayons on the wall didn't seem to add enough "oomph" to what I thought they should look like. So I decided to make them three-dimensional - by using the claw end of a hammer to dig in the wall. Well, the sheetrock turned out to be thinner than I thought, so I decided to make silhouettes instead. Took up an entire wall and all day. I showed my father in delight, and after a period of silence, he sat on the floor with his head in his hands that eventually turned out to be laughter and declared his admiration for my "talent" but suggested more appropriate materials. My father was a much more tolerant parent than I could dream of being. In retrospect, I'm lucky my mother had left by that time, because she would have gone all Robo-Cop on me (and frankly, I would have totally understand that).

KAndre... BWAH!!! So you were unique even as a child. Ultra cool dad, by the way!! What is your creative outlet these days??? :cryingwlaughter:

post-292-1253887064_thumb.jpg

merrieeee.... oh, thanks! He looks so good and relaxed. 3 more weeks till we see him again performing. Thank Goodness! It's been a llloooonnnggg time since DF in Vegas.

My middle DGD, when 3 yrs old, drew in the corner of her brother's bedroom on the carpet. While my son was cleaning it up (water-based pens), she went downstairs and emptied everything out of the freezer that she could reach. Challenging child! :cryingwlaughter:

broadwayworld.com

Photo Flash: Clay Aiken Attends DRIFT at Kennedy Theater

Friday, September 25, 2009; Posted: 09:09 AM - by BWW News Desk

Clay Aiken attended a production of DRIFT last night at The Kennedy Theatre in Raleigh where Hot Summer Nights at the Kennedy's production of DRIFT is playing it's final week. DRIFT was the first production to grace the new Lauren Kennedy and Alan Campbell Theatre at Barton College and ran from September 12-20, followed by a current run at The Kennedy Theatre at the Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts in Raleigh from September 23-27 to close the season.

With music and lyrics by Jeremy Schonfeld and additional material by Craig Popisil, DRIFT is about a man's journey of gaining peace and perspective on his life, after the break up of his marriage and family. Schonfeld also musical directed for the Hot Summer Nights production. The New York Times recently raved "(Schonfeld's) score was assured and appealing piano-based rock reminiscent of Jonathan Larson and Billy Joel."

Aside from Campbell, Kennedy and Schonfeld, DRIFT includes a creative cast and crew from New York, Los Angeles and North Carolina. Sharing the stage with Campbell will be Broadway actor David Barrus (Les Miserables and Chess) as well as Sean Jenness (Jerry Springer: The Opera at Carnegie Hall, Roller Derby), Michelle Kinney, Yolanda Rabun, Gregory Dale Sanders, Andrea Schulz Twiss and Melvin Tunstall III.

10122_137843999801_20551869801_2480.jpg

Clay Aiken joins Composer Jeremy Schonfeld, Director Lauren Kennedy and some of the cast of DRIFT after the show for a photo op

Photo Credit: Hillary Russo

I hate to tell what I did at 3. But it involved my daddy's brand new shiny-edged, King James Version and a pair of scissors. I was being "watched" at the time by a grandmotherly lady from the church -- Mrs. Lee. I've been told Mrs. Lee came close to a heart-attack when she found me on my parents bed having a lot of fun cutting designs in those thin smooth pages.

I also remember a creative arts project on the walls of my room, and my mother reprimanding me so severely (she whipped the crap out of me) that I can recall to this day running to their closet and sobbing uncontrollably into one of my daddy's shirts. That was the best comfort when he wasn't there to protect me. I was 4 then.

So my creative flair was stifled at an early age. Too much trauma.

lindylo posted this info at CV:

Jamie posted on her public professional Facebook that she will be out of her salon from October 20 to November 9. It could be for a vacation but I wonder if maybe Clay is doing some promo appearances. Speculators R Us

Those dates seemed familiar so I did a search. Coincidence or...? Hmmm. Here are the dates of the David Foster and Friends Tour.

Tour dates are as follows:

21-Oct Chicago, IL Wed Rosemont Theatre

23-Oct New York, NY Fri WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden

24-Oct Newark, NJ Sat Prudential Center

25-Oct Boston, MA Sun Agganis Arena

28-Oct Atlanta, GA Wed Fox Theatre

30-Oct Tampa, FL Fri St. Pete Times Forum

1-Nov Hollywood, FL Sun Hard Rock Live

5-Nov Los Angeles, CA Thur Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal City Walk

6-Nov San Jose, CA Fri HP Pavilion

8-Nov Vancouver, BC Sun General Motors Place

If Clay did do this tour, how could DF resist throwing in a Ruben/Clay duet? Think of the press it would get.

Isn't t his tour supposed to be a showcase for Cherise? Why would David possibly upstage her with Clay and Ruben?

Personally, I don't like this whole "surprise guest" business...would much rather that if Clay were going to be there that they announced it ahead of time...unless of course they didn't want it to turn into the Clay Aiken show...maybe not announcing it allows the fans of the others stars to purchase tickets.

Really a moot point for me since I could not see spending money for a show that I am not really interested in on the off chance that Clay might be there.

Kim

I hope that's not it either aikim. And even though it's coming near me - the thought of sitting through it to hear Clay sing a song or two would still be a toss up on whether I'd spend the money especially if he is not announced and there's no decent seats left. I already experienced David's show in Vegas. And that's from someone who sat through Kelly Clarkson six times and The Beau Sisters at least 4. But I won't borrow trouble. :loveclaysbutt:

Sooooo no fan reports from the show? I know somebody went.

TGIF everyone