#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

Gosh I can't possibly imagine.

OOOOH! I can! I can!

And it's 'x' rated, too! I think I wrote a little fiction once based on those pics of Clay in a recording studio, next to a piano and mixing board and such....

:naughtywag:

Ha I didn't need to even look and see who wrote that post!

eta: You know Clay, recording studio and cool in the same sentence sounds so good together!

Caro, your grandbaby is beautiful. I love that pic.

And yay for Clay coming in 2nd. 2nd has been pretty good for him so I'll take it, especially considering the amount of time he's been around. Adam will be lucky if his fans are as dedicated 6 years later.

I was going to gripe about still being at work and having an hour more to go and on top of that needing to come in early tomorrow but....

hearing / thinking /imagining that someone was also working hard at his job, creating something that we might be listening to and enjoying for years to come for took the grumpiness away...

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Thank you, Desertrose and justclay12. Be sure to see the 10-second video of Kai playing the drums in the Carolina blog. A person at the OFC said to warn my daughter he is going to give her a run for her money. :lol:

Here's to reading "Clay" and "studio" in the same sentence ... OFTEN! :BlowKiss:

Hang in there, Scarlett. :Iluvclaysbutt:

Caro :listen:

Thank you, Desertrose and justclay12. Be sure to see the 10-second video of Kai playing the drums in the Carolina blog. A person at the OFC said to warn my daughter he is going to give her a run for her money. :lol:

Here's to reading "Clay" and "studio" in the same sentence ... OFTEN! :BlowKiss:

Hang in there, Scarlett. :Iluvclaysbutt:

Thanks, Caro! :thankyou:

I can't wait to get home, relax and enjoy your blog and the boards but peeking in too often makes it take so much longer. Can't decide between reading now and finishing up quickly.

:GE_FCA:

From Claygary, I've already voted but it was pointed out to me that only residents of the U.S. are eligible.

Bummer!!!! :angry22:

Hmmm, it says city and state are optional so I didn't fill them in. Don't know if it counts Canadian votes or not if you don't specify you are Canadian. ;) But I figure it can't hurt, and it's for a good cause - that type of thing I don't mind voting in. :)

Yes, Claymatron, I realized that afterward, sorry, I should have realized...but I did the same thing luckiest did and crossed my fingers. :)

Woo-hoo! to Clay's second-place finish and the VERY nice post about it on Tweeterwall. I think we done good! :twinklewhore:

And eeeeeeeeeeeeee re the NYC studio!! :twinklewhore:

Here's a little different poll to vote on! :)

As far as I can see, no multiple votes and no "viruses" :)

Please help us win this one, and the $25.000 for the National Inclusion Project!

Christie Cookie Charity Giveaway

Please vote for National Inclusion Project, Raleigh NC. Contact name is Aron Hall.

I made my vote earlier. I was like WHEW! Only gotta do it once!!!

Now that the Twitter Idol Poll is over....anybody else feel like there is something you should be doing? Something you should be checking? Or some screen you should be refreshing?

:cryingwlaughter:

If you have a generic email address like yahoo or hotmail or gmail, I don't know how they would know you were Canadian.

That's what I figured

I'm sure they can tell from your IP address, but who knows if they are checking? Can't hurt to vote, I say!

I doubt that they are, so yup, might as well cuz ya only go do it once.

I think that this is one "poll we could win.

From Twitter:

Just met Clay Aiken! He's gained a little weight!

Hee! Clay was probably wearing his usual twelve t-shirts under a hoodie and that would make anyone look a little bulky.

Now, you know how he gains and loses 20 pounds in less than a week. He does it all the time, lol.

:cryingwlaughter:

Gosh I can't possibly imagine.

OOOOH! I can! I can!

And it's 'x' rated, too! I think I wrote a little fiction once based on those pics of Clay in a recording studio, next to a piano and mixing board and such....

:naughtywag:

I think I mighta read that...:whistling-1:

If they close the floor lights on me twice in as many hours, does it mean that the cleaning people want me to go home?

YES.

GO HOME!!! :smack:

HBD, ldyj!!!

:birthday9:

*looks at the time, eeep! -- it's probably best to stay over again, my tank's almost empty and I don't want to run out on my way home...*

ETA: cf, I don't think US-59 is a good place to get gas at 1 am, but thanks for the advice and, uh, let's just call it a gentle push!

You have a comfie couch there?

Not in here, though my chair's pretty comfy. I don't think I'd like to sleep anyways -- I think I could find a couch if I really wanted one but it'd be on another floor. I don't even want to leave my office at this point (but wonders about needing to go to the restroom later). Thx again! :BlowKiss:

eta -- maybe I should go now, before I get totally spooked... tmi, i know...

Not in here, though my chair's pretty comfy. I don't think I'd like to sleep anyways -- I think I could find a couch if I really wanted one but it'd be on another floor. I don't even want to leave my office at this point (but wonders about needing to go to the restroom later). Thx again! :BlowKiss:

etaa -- 5:08 am - heading out for supplies!!! :)

5:08 am - heading out for supplies

Thanks guys for the b-day wishes. As it happens, my "birthday weekend" plans might be a bit of a moot point, as my husband now seems to have my cold. We'll see how it goes!

EEEEEEEEE for Clay being close to a recording studio! At this point, that's all I'll assume about that.

Yesterday's photo poll, I think, was the mother of all blowouts. The winner won with 85% of the vote! And here is that winner...

277261416.jpg

ETA: in checking statistics, we have had others that were this much of a blowout...about 3 others to be exact!

Today's photo tourney is here. Battle of the Concert Clays...

etaa -- 5:08 am - heading out for supplies!!! :)

5:08 am - heading out for supplies

She spooked herself 3 times, lol?

Scarlett? Staying at work until 5am? Are you insane? :smack:

I somehow missed voting yesterday. :hissy:

But the beard of gaaaaaaaaaaah picture won, so :confetti-1:

Actually, I know why I missed voting. I didn't in the morning cuz I was rushed and then had school all day, then Meet The Creature Night and then first Band Practice of the season and was pretty cross-eyed by the time I got home. I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open here. I'm not a coffee drinker, so having tea and had a caffeine pill.

*ponders how much coffee Scarlett drank last night*

:GM_FCA:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LDYJ!

28 years ago today I decided to throw caution to the wind and take my cousin up on the offer of a blind date; 27 years ago today I married that blind date...think I will keep him...Happy Anniversary, Honey!

29 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champion's Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

From Claygary, I've already voted but it was pointed out to me that only residents of the U.S. are eligible.

Bummer!!!! :angry22:

Hmmm, it says city and state are optional so I didn't fill them in. Don't know if it counts Canadian votes or not if you don't specify you are Canadian. ;) But I figure it can't hurt, and it's for a good cause - that type of thing I don't mind voting in. :)

Yes, Claymatron, I realized that afterward, sorry, I should have realized...but I did the same thing luckiest did and crossed my fingers. :)

Oh, I did the same thing as you guys did, left out city and state. I had already voted when I found out about it, so who knows...maybe they got through.

Happy TGIF! :yahoo:

Happy Anniversary, aikim! :balloons:

Happy Birthday, Idyj! :bdayparty2:

Have a great day, all! :BlowKiss:

Hope you don't mind my borrowing this, Caro! I haven't seen your blog yet since I didn't quite make it home.... but tonight!!!

Happy Birthday LadyJ. Hope you and your hubby enjoy your birthday weekend. My mom has something too... and lord knows I don't want to catch it.

Happy Anniversary Aikim. Hope you and hubby have a great day.

Scarlett..you are working way too much.

Do we have any voice experts here. It seems so long since Clay's voice has had a regular workout. Does that mean anything or can he jump back on that horse and sound as beautiful as ever right away.

Happy TGIF! :yahoo:

Happy Anniversary, aikim! :balloons:

Happy Birthday, Idyj! :bdayparty2:

Have a great day, all! :BlowKiss:

Hope you don't mind my borrowing this, Caro! I haven't seen your blog yet since I didn't quite make it home.... but tonight!!!

I am glad you stayed at your work place. I was worried about you driving home so late. If you ever have to work at NASA or anyplace near Clear Lake, you can crash at my house.

Alicia