#54: Clay is like a box of chocolates (with a pickle on the side)

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay Aiken: Inner Cool
    • My Eyes Adored You
    • What joy to see him; time flew by on golden notes -- moon river echoes
    • Swoon River

I think Reed is allergic to t-shirts.

I took a look at our website and I haven't seen anyone visit to check out the Asheville montages. NOW that could be because everyone has keys to the vaults and/or have been to CU, assuming they are posted there. BUT usually we see a bit of traffic. SO I thought I would just mention that the Asheville Best of's are up at goldarngirl & Luckiest1 Productions, for those of you who weren't aware. Enjoy.

An odd thing I picked up at TwoP: Simon Cowell's desert island favorites:

1. Mack the Knife

Bobby Darin

2. This Guy's in Love with You

Herb Alpert

3. She

Charles Aznavour

4. Unchained Melody

The Righteous Brothers

5. Danke Schoen

Performer Wayne Newton

6. If You're Not the One

Daniel Bedingfield

7. Summer Wind

Frank Sinatra

8. Mr Bojangles

Sammy Davis Jr

Record: Mack the Knife

Book: Hollywood Wives by Jackie Collins

Luxury: A mirror

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

For my fellow SYTYCD fans - they are showing a special episode tonight of the 15 best routines from the past 5 years - it starts at 8:00 ET.

I was out and totally forgot..thankfully I'm still on season pass on the DVR. Hope they did some of my favorites from last season.

Why am I up?

I send a friend of mine a link to Luckiest blog & she wants to know how to become a follower. Since I don't know can someone tell me or send me a pm? Please. Thanks :)

There should be a little button that says "follow" right up near the top left corner. You click on that and it asks you to sign in using an existing account (google, aim, etc) or if you don't have one, it gives you the opportunity to create one. Thanks for sending her over!

Good morning FCA!

Well, we're halfway finished with the photo tourney. After tomorrow's winner is revealed, I am taking a bit of a break -- partially because it is Labor Day weekend for us Yanks, but also because I have 4 days off in a row, and I'd like to sleep in! Therefore, the photo tourney will return on Tuesday, September 8, where we'll begin our second round of eliminations.

Here's yesterday's winner...

Miamicute.jpg

And here is the final tourney poll of the first half...

I'll be around I'm sure, but I'll go ahead and start with the good wishes for a happy and safe Labor Day!

Good Morning Everyone,

44 Days until The National Inclusion Project's Champions Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning FCA!

Well, we're halfway finished with the photo tourney. After tomorrow's winner is revealed, I am taking a bit of a break -- partially because it is Labor Day weekend for us Yanks, but also because I have 4 days off in a row, and I'd like to sleep in! Therefore, the photo tourney will return on Tuesday, September 8, where we'll begin our second round of eliminations.

Here's yesterday's winner...

Miamicute.jpg

And here is the final tourney poll of the first half...

I'll be around I'm sure, but I'll go ahead and start with the good wishes for a happy and safe Labor Day!

Ooh, I lurves this one!

Someone should make a collage of winning pictures. That would be :flirtysmile3:

ETA: For our Honeycrisp lovers here, I thought y'all might be interested in this. New apple intended to rival the Honeycrisp.

ETA: For our Honeycrisp lovers here, I thought y'all might be interested in this. New apple intended to rival the Honeycrisp.

OOh! Thank you! We're close enough to the growing area that I hope we see some of those. :)

Hmmm, interesting article. I have not found many good honey crisps here in the past year at all.

They wouldn't have been available from about Sept 15th last year to that date this year...apples are a fall fruit. :) Should be soon though, I'm betting they'll be later this year because of the lack of warm weather.

My FCA family, I am also posting this at OFC, CB & CV. Please feel free to take this to any other boards and/or send to friends. IF someone could post this on CH I'd appreciate it-I did see the announcement posted there on main last week. K-na was a wonderful person, and she will be missed. She was one of the first people to join the Cause on FB when TBAF changed its name...and now whenever I go there, I see her name...and cry. Hopefully the sadness will fade and the joy will return, but it will take time.

As some of you already may be aware, since it was posted on some of the boards late last week, the Clay fan community has lost a huge fan; one who was also a big supporter of the National Inclusion Project. Khrystyna Serednytsky, K-na to her many friends, was only 22 years old, and had courageously battled Muscular Dystrophy all of her life. In the end, however, it was H1N1 that took her from us. K-na was an amazing person, but for those who were not blessed to know her personally, KETV in Omaha did a lovely story on her. The copy and video can be found here:

Khrystyna KETV News

Khrystyna was taken from us far, far, too soon. It's only been a week, and already her family and friends miss her joyous laughter and her passion for life. Those of us who knew and loved K-na will never forget her, and while we are comforted by the fact that her love and kindness will live on with us forever, we need to do something to honor Khrystyna.

Khrystyna was passionate about inclusion for children and adults with disabilities, and was a huge supporter of the National Inclusion Project, formerly The Bubel/Aiken Foundation. K-na cared so much about making sure that children of ALL abilities are able to participate fully in life, and we would like to invite you to honor her memory with donations to the National Inclusion Project. You may donate here:

National Inclusion Project Donation

Please mark the donation in memory of "K-na." The Project will be notifying Khrystyna's family of the donations in her honor. And Khrystyna? She will be smiling down on all of us, thrilled that even now, she is able to inspire and help others, just as she always did in life.

Sad news, georgie. :hug: My condolences to her family & friends.

georgie, I tried to donate and it wouldn't take it. I always seem to have trouble with their website. I wish they would take Paypal. :breakpc1: I'll try later.

Yesterday as I was driving home from the store I saw the the little boy who lives two houses down from me standing by himself on the sidewalk. He has downs syndrome and is almost two. I would have stopped but it looked like a family moment as his parents were stooped over encouraging him to walk. He is an adorable redhead and his dad is a school principal. I'll bet they were so excited. I felt excited and I was just passing by. Yet another reason to donate for this child and his peers.

Fear I was just able to get a donation through...no problems, so not sure what is happening with you. *perplexing*

ETA Thank so much {{{Annabear}}}

ETAA Thank you very much jmh. I appreciate it.

It worked this time. Thanks for reminding me. Every little bit helps.

They wouldn't have been available from about Sept 15th last year to that date this year...apples are a fall fruit. :) Should be soon though, I'm betting they'll be later this year because of the lack of warm weather.

Hee, I do know that, I meant in the last year....the year before (when we went to Vegas) the honeycrisps were to die for.

Thanks, jmh! Just in time to turn the TV on!

georgiesmybaby so sorry to hear about that...

Just as an aside, everyone in my sociology of medicine class got treated to cindilu2's August calendar today. My teacher couldn't open a .pptx (Word 07) file on his computer and I have the converter downloaded that opens Word 07 files with Word 03 so I offered to hook my computer up to the projector and everything to run the PowerPoint for him. He agreed, so everyone got to see my background. :) I don't know what people thought of it, although I did hear people saying his name several times--mostly in a question, like, "Is that Clay Aiken?" And then a girl asked me after class if it was and I said "yes" and she mentioned the whole Michael Sandecki thing. Also brought up how different Clay looked. :D

Just as an aside, everyone in my sociology of medicine class got treated to cindilu2's August calendar today. My teacher couldn't open a .pptx (Word 07) file on his computer and I have the converter downloaded that opens Word 07 files with Word 03 so I offered to hook my computer up to the projector and everything to run the PowerPoint for him. He agreed, so everyone got to see my background. :) I don't know what people thought of it, although I did hear people saying his name several times--mostly in a question, like, "Is that Clay Aiken?" And then a girl asked me after class if it was and I said "yes" and she mentioned the whole Michael Sandecki thing. Also brought up how different Clay looked. :D

Clayzy, that's awesome! I would love to have been a fly on the wall. :lol:

georgiesmybaby, we share your grief. Are you planning to send the post to Ideal Idol?

Caro :listen:

{{{georgiesmybaby}}} It was so sad to hear the news. :thbighug-1:

What a morning it's been. I woke up to find out that my main computer's boot drive had been knocked out by a storm in the night (and it was connected to a surge protector too). I hope it was only the boot sector and that the rest of the drive was intact.

:helloFCA:

HBD, merrieeee!!!

:birthday9: