#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

From CV:

Decca just tweeted:

deccalabelgroup

Listening to the upcoming @ClayAiken album in the Decca office and it sounds amazing! Fans will definitely not be disappointed!

ETAETA: Clay's team just tweeted back a smiley face: @clayaiken

Squeee!!! First of all - it's different to see the word 'album' these days. Kewl. Second of all, they're listening to the album (not a track, not some tracks, the album) does that mean it's done? And third, Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:snoopy: Snoopy dance of joy!

Hee I got so excited I forgot about AI being on. Hmm they Tweet about his album on the same day......coincidence?

I just booked my flight to FL for the GFI and it was $200! Cheapest evah!

:GM_FCA:

19 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

67 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The special is real:

JANUARY 2010

- American Idol superstar alumni, NY Times best-selling author and TV personality Clay Aiken sings great romantic favorites in "Classic Memories". Stay tuned for more information on a forthcoming special!

found it at this website:

http://intl-media.com/

:yahoo:

Kim

Well I share your excitement Kim, but I'm waiting for the posts from people who already will have determined that they hate it because it says classic or romantic songs. They are probably the same ones who had a cow when he sang MR and MEAY at the gala.

I just can't wait to hear more information and a sample of new music. Gotta tell ya, Decca is doing a damn fine job of building up my interest. Did we ever hear anything from RCA beforehand, or for that matter, afterwards, about anything Clay was doing? I think I already love Decca, and I know I love that Clay Aiken fella.

They are already posting on other sites.

And I could probably tell you what boards and what people too...you know...they have a choice..they don't like the music...don't buy it...don't see the need for the constant bitching and complaining...its not going to change anything.

Kim

Well I share your excitement Kim, but I'm waiting for the posts from people who already will have determined that they hate it because it says classic or romantic songs. They are probably the same ones who had a cow when he sang MR and MEAY at the gala.

I just can't wait to hear more information and a sample of new music. Gotta tell ya, Decca is doing a damn fine job of building up my interest. Did we ever hear anything from RCA beforehand, or for that matter, afterwards, about anything Clay was doing? I think I already love Decca, and I know I love that Clay Aiken fella.

Why wait for them? Why not just ignore them.

It absolutely does not matter what genre Clay sings, or what medium he uses to deliver it - those same people you speak of will find a way to slam it/him. I realized a long time ago it isn't about Clay, it's about them. Big, fat whatever. *yawn* Legends in their own minds.

I just hope I get whatever station airs it in this part of the world.

To me it really feels like Clay's building a career for himself, not just looking to record another CD. I love that he's (or seems to be) focusing on the entertainer side of things. He's got sooo much personality and charisma - can't wait for the general public to finally see it. *fingers crossed*

I was reading at some of the other sites as well, and the one I expected is the one doing most of the bitching. Unfortunately, they also post on other boards so I have to read it at least twice.

I just hope that this cd sells boatloads, like Susan Boyle's cd did. Although I didn't buy her cd because her voice gets a little boring to me after about the first 30 seconds, I do think she has a good voice. And apparently there is a large market out there of people who are tired of the current pop sound out there. I know I'm sick of seeing these people who couldn't sing well enough to get on AI being all over the radio. I'll admit there are good singers out there too but the ones that I have seen promoted everywhere are definitely not for me.

As far as classics, there is a wide variety of songs out there that I love, including UM, which are far from boring. And from what I've been reading about the people who have been working on this cd, I don't see Clay just singing retreads of the old songs. He didn't do it on AI or on ATDW's so I see no reason why he would do that on this cd. I just cannot wait to hear what is on the cd and what it sounds like.

Susan Boyle-type sales are probably a little out of the realm of possibility. What she did is a phenomenon and requires a whole lot of factors that just aren't there for Clay. Playing the chart/numbers game is just not how I want to enjoy my fandom any more. I really think there are other ways to measure the man (heheh) besides how many CD's he can move.

I seriously have to ask those who are surprised or disappointed in news like this at this point - have you not been paying attention? He's been telling/showing us for a long time what he likes, wants and intends to sing. That's why it doesn't matter to me any more what 'they' say, because it's irrelevant to the point of being ridiculous.

Don't care what 'they' think. I am excited! I want to know a date! I want to know a channel! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yes!!!

And I apologize. It's wrong and hateful that we get fantastic news like this and once again, the first thing we talk about is lousy reactions from 'fans'. Well I apologize, and I am going to make the effort not to do it any more.

So many more important things to wonder/worry about. Like what will his hair be like? Will he wear his glasses? Is Ruben gonna be on with him? NEED SOME FACTS!!!!

Hee - I just knew when he oh-so-casually mentioned this in his blog that it had to be a done deal. Boyfriend is such a tease!!! :wub:

Well some of those people who are probably not going to be happy about this are friends of mine. And yes, I am going to pick on them mercilessly, but I also think their viewpoint is just as valid as mine. This fandom is made up of people who enjoy very diverse musical tastes, so for some of them, I do feel bad that they may be disappointed. Now for others, I get a kind of perverse pleasure in reading their reactions because it is so predictable, and if they are disappointed, then I'll admit, it's an added benefit.

Well I don't feel even the tiniest bit badly. If they still profess disappointment at this point, they just haven't been paying attention. Disappointment seems just a tad bit disingenous.

:04: :04: :04:

PBS Special = Reruns ad infinitum = a very happy bottlecap

:yeahthat: except you need to insert my name in there!

EEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm thrilled beyond belief at this. Just to hear his voice again, and see him as an entertainer makes me happy, happy, happy. Nothing can kill the joy I feel right now -- nothing.

You're a good man, Clay Aiken.

Clay is releasing a new album. Clay is going to have a special on TV, something most in the collective fandom has wanted forEVER. Clay has given dozens of hints about what type of music he likes to sing (classics, ballads, songs for singers, songs with strong melodies, etc). So I just don't see how this can be a surprise, let alone a disappointment, to anyone. There are plenty of other artists out there who sing other types of music, if that's more to their preference. I will never understand why people hang around this fandom just to express their disappointment that Clay isn't singing what they want him to sing, or doing what they want him to do. I'm here to enjoy! And this is definitely a cause for celebration, as far as I'm concerned! :04:

Now I just hope that there will be an announcement soon enough for us to arrange to get to where ever this show will be taped. And we could get some of that exciting :Tour4: back into our lives.

And wouldn't it be fun if one of the surprise items at GFI auction was tickets to that taping complete with backstage visit.