#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Fear, I am really sorry that you don't get to see your grand daughter and about the strained relationship with you DIL, and how that must affect your relationship with your son as well. I know first hand what a good person you are so the whole thing makes me so sad!

I am planning to watch AI this season. I don't usually watch the auditions either but may catch some of that as well. I am interested to see the Ellen dynamic on the show, though I do not think AI will ever be what it once was. Kris Allen had a radio interview here the other day which I caught by fluke on my way to work. He was in Las Vegas singing at a computer and electronics convention and I thought that was really odd and kinda sad too. I remember the frenzy around Clay right after Idol ended and here he is singing at a convention in Vegas less than a year after winning. I would have thought he was on or planning a solo tour since his CD recently came out. The DJ had asked something about his fans and Kris more or less implied that he was singing at this convention and the people in the audience were not really "fans."

Well, I have had a pretty crappy weekend! On Friday I started not feeling well and have been sick with a cold virus all weekend. The timing really sucks too because I have a busy week at work this week, including two days of annual training. Its going to be awful sitting through training all day tomorrow when my head is pounding. I have been doing the zinc thing since Fri nite so I hope it helps get over this faster. My mom's been fighting it for a couple of weeks...

Claylove - yeah, I don't think there is anywhere near the frenzy for Kris Allen that Clay and Ruben got, but IIRC, Clay and Ruben did play a few conventions and weddings and such - those things are usually not public, but we seemed to find out about some of them. I think Clay (and Ruben?) sang at a Ford stockholder meeting, and I think there was a gig in Japan or Australia? Anyway, I think most singers can be booked - the price prolly varies widely, but if you can spend a million dollars or LOTS more, you can have almost anyone you want to sing at a function.

Here is an article from last August:

THE Rolling Stones have been named the "'world's most expensive wedding act"' at an estimated cost of $10 million (£5m).

A poll to find out the most costly wedding crooners saw Mick Jagger and co ahead of Elton John, Paul McCartney, Kylie Minogue and Leona Lewis.

If the million pound-plus fees for international superstars do not come within the bridal budget, up-and-coming stars Lady Gaga and Katy Perry were said to be available for around $120,000.

Rick Astley, who stormed the charts in the 1980s and whose Never Gonna Give You Up video inspired the internet phenomenon of Rickrolling, was also priced by the survey at $50,000.

The poll was conducted for TV channel Living by a financial analyst.

Calculations were based on information from agents and examining accounts, ascertaining how much it would cost to hire each act for a private performance.

The 12 most costly wedding singers, according to the Living poll:

1. The Rolling Stones (up to $10 million)

2. Sir Elton John (up to $4 million)

3. Kylie Minogue (up to $4 million)

4. Christina Aguilera (up to $3 million)

5. George Michael ($2.6 million)

6. Amy Winehouse ($2 million)

7. Sir Paul McCartney ($2 million)

8. Leona Lewis ($2 million)

9. Jennifer Lopez ($2 million)

10. Barry Manilow ($1.5 million)

11. Rod Stewart ($1.2 million)

12. Duran Duran ($1 million)

And here is an agency who seems to represent lots of famous singers:

delafont music acts

Check out their rosters - yikes!!!!!!

Looks like you could even get Clay to sing for you!!!!! I think this is a clearinghouse.

Another reason to hate winter...about an hour ago we noticed our water pressure had dropped, so I called the village and find out there is a water main break...happened about 7:00 a.m. this morning and they have been working on it all day. They finally turned our water completely off. Have no idea when it will be back on and we will have a 24 hour boil alert when it does.

This was 4:00 when I called...you think they could have found some way to notify us since this has been going on since 7:00 a.m.?

Will probably have to make a run for bottled water or go out side and start bringing in buckets of snow, LOL!

To say I am a bit peeved is an understatement!

Kim

ETA: Water's back!

I had my own water drama this morning. It has been below freezing here for the last three nights, and this morning at 5AM, I woke up to my doorbell ringing. It was still very dark, and it scared the heck out of me. I have a stained glass front door so there is no way I can peek to see who it is without being seen. I almost called 911, but I am sure glad that I didn't. I went to the door and saw a man, heart started pounding until I recognized that it was my next door neighbor. He had come to tell me that I had a busted water pipe!..There was water all over the place. There were three neighbors and myself in PJs and robes, with flashlights, trying to turn off water in the dark.

We got it turned off. Tomorrow I call the plumber. The local 10 o'clock new's first story was about all the pipes that had frozen and broken all over Houston and how some plumbers were working round the clock. I saw my exact problem on my TV several times, but it did not make me feel any better that I had not been the only one!

I did try to wrap all my pipes and I only missed one, and it BROKE! Bummer!

No AI for me. I haven't watched since middle of season 4. I don't even know why I quit watching mid season. I did like Bo IIRC. Ellen as a guest judge doesn't intrigue me since I saw her guest hosting on SYTYCD and didn't like her. I don't like it when the judges become more focal than the actual talent. I have liked some folks that have come from the show on seasons I didn't watch..Daughtery and Jordin in the limited things I've seen come to mind. And the buzz about David Cook got to me enough to watch some of his idol videos. The funny part is that the one person I couldn't stand on Idol because she was so wooden and personality free is Carrie yet off the show I find her more engaging and has turned into one of my favorites with Jennifer, Fanny, and Kim. Clay doesn't count..he's in a category of his own LOL.

Well if the spring schedule for the album is still on..then I hope to start hearing some news by next month.

Good Morning Everyone,

Nope, won't be watching Idol...haven't since season 2...can't stand the show.

21 Days! Three Weeks! Until GFI! New Clack of Clay Singing! New Pictures!

:yahoo:

69 Days until The First day of Spring!

:glasses:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Good thoughts to all those in need!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm looking forward to AI, but dreading EG. I'm not a huge fan of hers to start with, but I found her cringe-worthy on SYTYCD,, trying WAY too hard to be clever. I may even miss Paula. If Simon leaves, this will probably be my last season watching as he is the only judge that I think has any credibility--even though he pisses me off at times.

I see from the Shipping News at OC that Reed is heading for the tropics and some sun--I hope he is going with Clay.

Wherever you've been, couchie, I guess I've been there too cuz I have no idea what you are talking about. :cryingwlaughter:

I just saw that Simon Cowell is leaving Idol.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=451184&gt1=28103

About freaking time. And no I didn't click on the link. :P

Clay will be speaking about UNICEF at the Kiwanis Key Club in Memphis this summer:

http://slp.kiwanis.org/KeyClub/Leadership/...n/Speakers.aspx

Cool! Thanks for bringing that over.

I am in panic clean up mode because my mom is coming for the weekend. She will arrive either tomorrow or Thursday. This house is disasterous. So far I've swept all the accumulated junk off the kitchen counter into a basket and hid it in a closet. Good start, right? :hahaha:

:GM_FCA:

20 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

68 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Just a few thoughts for the day:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

- Edmund Burke, British Politician

Equality cannot be seized anymore than it can be given. It must be a shared experience. - James Farmer, U.S. Civil Rights Activist

Kim

I am in panic clean up mode because my mom is coming for the weekend. She will arrive either tomorrow or Thursday. This house is disasterous. So far I've swept all the accumulated junk off the kitchen counter into a basket and hid it in a closet. Good start, right? :hahaha:

trash bags, closets, all will come in handy. heee.

I don't know the full story but apparantly NBC has two problems - Jay Leno's ratings and Conan's ratings LOL. They want to move Jay back to his old time slot for 1/2 hour and then Conan to 1:05. He's not too pleased.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20336266,00.html

here's some detail in people online. I'm not one to hate everybody that has a so-called diss against Clay. There's only two people on my list...Kathy G and Conan O'Brien...oh make that three..Kelly freakin Ripa. So I hope Conana ends up in a 2am wasteland or on some satellite radio show. LOL.

I read a quote from Jimmy Fallon the other day where he said he didn't care when his show aired in late night, because most of his fans didn't watch it in real time anyway. (I'm probably the last person in America without cable or a DVR.)

==================================

:wordpooper: I soooo hate to sound "markety", but I wish the news about Clay working on a new album was out there more widely. The start of American Idol always brings a truckload of follow-up blurbs about what the past contestants are doing, and none of the ones I've seen so far have included comments about Clay currently being in the recording studio - they mostly stop with Spamalot and his coming out / fatherhood story from 2008. It just seems like an opportunity is being missed. Like it or not, Clay is still connected to the Idol machine, and this seems like it would be the perfect time to start getting the word out about his new music when interest is so high.

oh I totally agree with you Bottle. Every year these types of articles that run during AI bring a lot of good press for Clay. That he is working on an album apparantly in secret is baffling to me. This is a great opportunity missed and I don't really give a darn about marketing but even I know this. It doesn't even cost a dime... or only the cost of a press release if that costs anything. Hell twitter it.

Best inventions in history: ipod, DVR heee

And apparantly David Letterman is weighing in to...saying this is the second time he wasn't offered The Tonight Show. LOL Love it. Of course this little bruhaha might help all of their ratings. I just love that Conan is in 3rd after Nightline and Letterman.

That classy classy Conan says that part of his low ratings is due to not having a good lead-in audience from NBC prime time shows - which would of course be Leno.

No, Conan, that's not it.

is america really that lazy that it doesn't matter what they watch..that they can't do what most people do... search 10 minutes for the remote control so they can turn the channel LOL. No I dont' do that... really I dont? hee.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

From CV:

Decca just tweeted:

deccalabelgroup

Listening to the upcoming @ClayAiken album in the Decca office and it sounds amazing! Fans will definitely not be disappointed!

ETAETA: Clay's team just tweeted back a smiley face: @clayaiken

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I am so excited...so needed to hear that right now...been feeling a little down the last couple of days and I so needed a pick me up!

Kim

So...I'm at work...dealing with the crisis dujour at the moment...when a text message arrives on my cell phone. Now, lately, I've been getting Spam messages, quite a few of them, so I was quite sure what to expect. Instead --

YAY DECCA!!!! Woohoo!

:04: :04: :04:

That was nice to hear today.

Tomorrow, I'll be back at work, dealing with same said crisis. I wanna work for Decca instead.