#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

I vote in favor of not caring what people on other boards are bitching about, or disappointed in. I'll just say this, if I hear the new album and Clay's voice sucks, then I'll be disappointed. Barring that, I can't wait to hear Clay sing romantic songs in that sexy, sultry, and sometimes whispery, and other times demanding, voice of charismatic clarity. And if he didn't sing romantic songs, I wouldn't get that edgy, emotional throatiness he seems to have a patented. Now, if we get to make suggestions for romantic songs, I vote for "To Love Somebody" pretty much exactly like he sang it on AI. And I can think of about 40 more right now that I'd DIE to hear him sing. :wub:

I love that voice so much that I'm not at all particular as to the category or style. I like some songs in just about every type of music and I believe that Clay can make me love anything he warbles and trills so effortlessly in and around that sexy mouth of his. And I seriously don't give a hoot (or a crap) if other people need more than that. Not my problem. I love the guy, and that's why I pay to belong to the OFC and post on this Clay Aiken fanboard.

I.am.thrilled.

Oh, and one more thing .....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm with you guys. I don't want to read any more criticism before we hear the album. If Clay is happy, I'm happy too. It's pretty exciting that we will be hearing little tidbits of Clay's future endeavors from now on. :nana:

I got an email that one of Clay's favorite shows"Wicked" is going to be produced in Durham. Tickets available at ticketmaster. Unfortunately I wasn't a fan of it on Broadway. :sorrysmiley: So I won't be going.

Take a trip to Oz. Wicked flies into Durham Performing Arts Center from April 21 – May 16.

Get the best seats when you buy before the general public through this exclusive presale!

Long before Dorothy dropped in, two girls meet in the Land of Oz. One – born with emerald-green skin – is smart, fiery, and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious, and very popular.

How these unlikely friends end up as the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch makes for the most spellbinding new musical in years.

Hurry, this limited-time presale ends Thursday, Jan. 14 at midnight.

I am with you guys and am excited about the CD. I love his voice and I am sure he will do a beautiful job on any song he tackles. PBS is so great. Our stations here sometimes are late to pick up specials so I probably will be reading about it well before I see it. They never did show the Bocelli's Christmas special. I am so ready to hear his voice.

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I do think it's unfair to discount others feelings about the cd or direction of Clay's career, or hair styles, or anything else. Some of the people who are on the wait and see boat belong to this board, and they shouldn't feel like they can't express that here. I know I'm going to love the cd because I love everything Clay sings. I also love pretty much everything about him, except as I said at the CV, I'm not a fan of the skinny ankles. However, if someone else doesn't feel that way, they should be able to say so. Sometimes it will get on my nerves, depending on how they state it. Other times they will make me laugh, but they have a right to state their opinion as much as the rest of us do.

Sorry for getting on a soapbox, but I don't want fans to feel like they are going to get busted on because they don't like something or are worrying about whether they will like it. Now if they get all dramatic and say that it's a mistake and it's the end of Clay's career, blah, blah, blah, then I may have to slap them.

I got an email that one of Clay's favorite shows"Wicked" is going to be produced in Durham. Tickets available at ticketmaster. Unfortunately I wasn't a fan of it on Broadway. :sorrysmiley: So I won't be going.

I'm not sure if there is more than one touring company of Wicked at a time - if not than this group must be coming right from Ohio because laughn and I have tickets to see Wicked here on April 18th. We're giving it another go since we only saw the first half the show when we were in NYC for Spam because of a combination of not-so-great seats, an annoying air-conditioning vent, and travel exhaustion at the end of a very looooong day. If we had only known about Reed at the time (April of 2008), I'm guessing we would have been a bit more attentive. LOL! As it is, I do have a playbill with Reed's name in it, which I guess is my semi-Clay-related content for this post.

So many more important things to wonder/worry about. Like what will his hair be like? Will he wear his glasses? Is Ruben gonna be on with him? NEED SOME FACTS!!!!

Of course, you have your priorities right!

But what about his outfits? Will mandals be involved? Will someone have to pry him out of his favourite cargo shorts? (Would they do that on camera?!!!!!)

What about choreography?- a bit of "dressin up and dancin" might be nice.........

I'm pretty happy about the news. I don't have any particular preference as to what songs are on the cd. I'm so hung up on his voice that I know I'll be happy with it. I liked ATDW too... I'm just easy, I guess. If this cd represents what he wants to sing and he's happy, then I'm happy too!

And those who don't like the direction or the cd or whatever can post to their hearts content. I know how to scroll and I do. Won't let those opinions bother me. After all these years, I'm used to it. It is what it is. Everyone has an opinion, the beauty of a message board is I can ignore it. :)

Very much looking forward to the PBS special and I hope they run it so many times that it's crazy!!

And not sure about more than one touring company for Wicked but it's winding it's way to Wisconsin at the end of July for 3 weeks... I can't wait!! I saw it twice when it was in Chicago for the several years it was there. Saving my pennies so I can go several times!

Of course everyone has a right to their opinion and to post it...positive or negative...but they also have to realize whatever opinion they post is going to be reacted to...either in a good way or not. They can't expect to say "I think Clay's CD is going to suck" and not have someone respond. Sure lots of people just roll their eyes and scroll...but others may feel the need to respond. That is what a message board is for..give and take.

I guess I would prefer they actually hear the CD before they say it is going to suck...bottom line is...none of us can have a factual opinion until we all listen to it. Even those of who say we are going to love it no matter what, may find when we actually hear it there maybe a song or two we don't like or how something is arranged, etc.

Right now it is just foreplay...everyone is excited and waiting for the main event...afterwards is when we can really sit around and ask..."was it good for you"

Kim

Well I share your excitement Kim, but I'm waiting for the posts from people who already will have determined that they hate it because it says classic or romantic songs. They are probably the same ones who had a cow when he sang MR and MEAY at the gala.

I just can't wait to hear more information and a sample of new music. Gotta tell ya, Decca is doing a damn fine job of building up my interest. Did we ever hear anything from RCA beforehand, or for that matter, afterwards, about anything Clay was doing? I think I already love Decca, and I know I love that Clay Aiken fella.

Why wait for them? Why not just ignore them.

It absolutely does not matter what genre Clay sings, or what medium he uses to deliver it - those same people you speak of will find a way to slam it/him. I realized a long time ago it isn't about Clay, it's about them. Big, fat whatever. *yawn* Legends in their own minds.

I just hope I get whatever station airs it in this part of the world.

To me it really feels like Clay's building a career for himself, not just looking to record another CD. I love that he's (or seems to be) focusing on the entertainer side of things. He's got sooo much personality and charisma - can't wait for the general public to finally see it. *fingers crossed*

:yeahthat: Speak it, Sista! :04:

If this were Facebook, cindilu2, you would have received an email that someone commented on your comment in the previous Carolina entry with the "Retro 4" montage ... grinning constantly for 8-9 minutes, etc. I just had to pass that on. :lol:

The current Carolina On My Mind blog went from celebrating all the best/most outstanding alum lists Clay made prior to Tuesday's AI9 opener to initial stirrings of the Decca Decade. There is a video player with Clay's gorgeous UM from AI2.

th_Clay_UM1a.jpg

Clickable of AI2 UM

Loving where we are! Have a super weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

From CV:

Decca just tweeted:

deccalabelgroup

Listening to the upcoming @ClayAiken album in the Decca office and it sounds amazing! Fans will definitely not be disappointed!

ETAETA: Clay's team just tweeted back a smiley face: @clayaiken

merrieeee.... :yeahthat: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Thanks for being the bearer of such good news!!

I vote in favor of not caring what people on other boards are bitching about, or disappointed in. I'll just say this, if I hear the new album and Clay's voice sucks, then I'll be disappointed. Barring that, I can't wait to hear Clay sing romantic songs in that sexy, sultry, and sometimes whispery, and other times demanding, voice of charismatic clarity. And if he didn't sing romantic songs, I wouldn't get that edgy, emotional throatiness he seems to have a patented. Now, if we get to make suggestions for romantic songs, I vote for "To Love Somebody" pretty much exactly like he sang it on AI. And I can think of about 40 more right now that I'd DIE to hear him sing. :wub:

I love that voice so much that I'm not at all particular as to the category or style. I like some songs in just about every type of music and I believe that Clay can make me love anything he warbles and trills so effortlessly in and around that sexy mouth of his. And I seriously don't give a hoot (or a crap) if other people need more than that. Not my problem. I love the guy, and that's why I pay to belong to the OFC and post on this Clay Aiken fanboard.

I.am.thrilled.

Oh, and one more thing .....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

keeping.... Once again, I agree with you completely! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

justclay... I agree that those who condemn the CD before hearing it should be ignored! I do know people who love the rocker Clay type songs and are always disappointed when it appears that Clay doesn't like those types of songs. However, they stick around cause they love the man... but, they are going to share their "dang it's" with his not doing rocker type songs.

Double however, to me, is that when he tours, he always performs fast songs and makes the tour so much fun that multiples are fun and easy to do. So, since I have loved all his CDs and adored his tours, even tho, I, too, love when he sings fast songs, he can record whatever his little heart desires and I won't ever complain... unless he stops touring or performing on tv... then you're going to hear some major complaining from me!!! LOL

If Clay's happy, I'm happy.

I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.

You have such a way with words.

As far as some of the pickier ones go, I just feel that they get attacked for expressing their feelings, and I do have some Clay friends who don't like everything he has done, and are worried that they won't like his new cd. I don't want them to feel bad if they come here and say that they are worried. I like them anyway, and I hope that they will enjoy the new cd as much as I will.

It's so interesting to me, this being my first on-line fandom and all... I've gotten used to the different opinions - took me a bit to understand why some folks would stick around for all the complaining they do - I was stunned at first to be honest - I just have a different definition of "fan"... but that's what makes the world go round I guess.

As I said before, I'm easy when it comes to Clay. He hasn't disappointed me yet. Maybe he will someday but I don't plan to borrow trouble so I don't worry about it either.

He makes me happy and his voice soothes my soul.

So bring on the cd and PBS!!! :04:

Well I'm disappointed.

I'm disappointed in myself for feeling disappointed.

And what I'm disappointed about is not realizing that the moment I move my ass off my couch (a temp job but hey it's money) and go to work there would be clay news. I should have done this months ago! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! heee

LOL ATDW part deux. Bring it on! A TV special YAY. I'm pleased about that..and yep...they rerun forever and ever and ever.

It just goes without saying that people will be disappointed. Because RCA was the only reason he recorded ATDW and now that he was free he was going to do something else. Only, not. I had a feeling. There will be a mourning process. That's just the way it is. We don't really know anything yet but I don't care. He can sing anything. And it's not that I like everything he has ever done but I've never had a particular direction that I wanted him to go.

Today my boss came up to me and said you can bring your ipod to work. And I said I was fine with the station they were playing. She said that makes two of you LOL. It played great classic oldies all day. It was just like my ipod... Bob Marley one moment, Phil Collins the next. I was in heaven.

Anyway, my life is crazy right now... I start school later this month. I'm hoping to move at the end of the month if I can make that work. I got this temp full time job until the end of the month at least. I still want to get in my 40 on my sit on my ass job. And I got another small contract job that will reqire at least 40 hours. And now my most favorite hobby is starting to blossom again. heee. Bring it on 2010! I might do more in this month than all lasat year heee.

I know many think RCA never did anything for Clay. While I think they never really got him or knew what to do with him -- Decca has a ways to go before they leapfrog Clay Aiken, the RCA years. I hope they can do it.

Cindilu (I think it was)..I agree about the numbers game. Susan Boyle in 2009 is an anomaly. I've been paying a bit of attention to the charts since her album came out and people just aren't buying music anymore. Big name stars can barely sell a million, let alone two. And what the current idols are pulling in is just not impressive when compared to the days of old or even last year. So I have no expectations and don't care what he sells other than to hope he meets expectations of his record company so he can make more albums.

Thanks LadyJ for the email. I was able to grab it on my lunch and smile for the rest of the day.

Off to work!

From CV:

that was posted on Faye Parker Facebook public page

Faye Parker I don't have time to respond individually but thanks to everyone that said prayers and thought of my family during the sad days of the pass few months. Mama is doing better and on her on again. Not quite well but she is fiesty and doesn't want to be taken care of. I see her in me that way. Brett is back in school a...nd Clayton is busy getting his CD ready for you all. I hope you will enjoy.

You know...I've never read a Clayboard where anyone had any reticence about posting negative thoughts and feelings about Clay, his hair, his clothes, his family, his friends or any of this chosen projects :cryingwlaughter:

It has always been my experience that these people are supported to the nth degree by the board culture and have always been allowed to express themselves openly on the boards without fear of reprisal.

No matter what your opinion you are not always going to be agreed with or be in the majority.

So deal with it or do something else. JMHO.

I think reprisal = disagreement for some, and some feel as if the people who criticize are being reprised upon, rather than their criticisms. Sometimes that's even true, as in the case of those who are irritatingly and frequently vocal in their criticisms of particular things (slow songs, hair, orchestras) but sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it's just that you're in the minority, and that most people liked his hair or that shirt or that song or whatever it is that you thought was just awful. And when you say you thought it was awful, people feel the need to say that they did like his hair or that shirt or that song or whatever. It shouldn't be taken as reprisal or a personal attack or whatever--it's just people disagreeing with your criticism.

Now there's a subtext, or an overarching theme here--an old, long and dreary battle about whether it's OK for Clay to sing slow songs or covers. There were those who claimed that isn't what Clay wants to do, that Clive made him do it, that it's bad when he does it, that ATDW sucks. Lots of folks here love ATDW and tend to be dirty rotten cover lovers, so this isn't a good place be if you have a need to feel sheltered in the womb of like-minded people who also hate covers and sloooooow songs and ATDW. Sawwwwy. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't say it, just that you can expect to get disagreed with a lot.

Or what jamar said.

If Clay's happy, I'm happy.

I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.

Oh yeah I vote for the jiggles!!

Me, three. And a glinting rivet. Holysheep.gif

Thanks for the update, Couchie. Hang in there, my dearie-dear. I'm still looking for employment, too. One thing I have started saying to myself lately is, "Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours". There are a lot of things working against me, but I'm not going to help them work against me anymore. LOL Your determination inspires me!

And yes, I think 2010 is going to be an exciting year. :)

:GM_FCA:

18 Days until GFI!:yahoo:

66 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Another busy day ahead of me, so the easiest way for me to chime in on the conversation is to say...

I want to be jmh when I grow up.

:04: for couchie's temp job and how she makes things happen in Clayland! LOL!