#55: My Eyes Adored You

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Lots to look forward to. Clay being Clay. It's all good.
    • His heart's big enough for the whole world
    • Big heart, big feet, big......Man
    • Clay's going to sing. Life is good.
    • It's going to be the Summer of Clay
    • If Clay's happy, I'm happy. I don't care shit whether he rocks, sways, or jiggles.
    • What more could a girl (or guy) want?
    • Clay will sing, he'll sound great, and I'll be a happy camper.

Good morning. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I feel good. Love those older songs. :snoopy:

I just think it's kind of sad that I can see a poster's name and I immediately know that I don't want to read that post. I'm sure I'm alone in that feeling. Hey maybe I'm one that people don't want to read? I guess that's how I deal with it. :lilredani:

Arguing with someone is just not worth it. I found that out by reading a few pages of the thread at the OFC when Clay came out. And by the comments after the Gala that Clay's career was over. I don't have high blood pressure and don't plan on getting it by reading some negative posts. We all lead our lives as we see fit. I think if no one on this earth ever wanted to hear Clay sing again that he would find something else to do which would make his life worthwhile. That thought alone makes me happy. :flirtysmile3:

Hope you all have a great day.

Arguing with someone is just not worth it. I found that out by reading a few pages of the thread at the OFC when Clay came out. And by the comments after the Gala that Clay's career was over. I don't have high blood pressure and don't plan on getting it by reading some negative posts. We all lead our lives as we see fit. I think if no one on this earth ever wanted to hear Clay sing again that he would find something else to do which would make his life worthwhile. That thought alone makes me happy. :flirtysmile3:

Fear, I think some fans argue for the thrill of stirring the pot. That's how they get their kicks. I find that no response is the best punishment for this kind of so-called "fan."

RE the PBS Special, I received this alert from Facebook a few minutes ago:

International Media

Stay tuned for more developments!

4 minutes ago

Apparently, they have noticed our interest! :lol:

Have a great day, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

More news on the special:

QUOTE (moonhead @ Jan 14 2010, 10:28 AM)

From International Media's FB page, a new post...

International Media COMING IN JUNE: American Idol superstar alumni and TV personality CLAY AIKEN sings great romantic favorites in "Classic Memories". Tapings for this International Media special will take place in February. Look for the show to be aired on public TV this June!

:manynanas:

Kim

All I know for certain is that I want to see this -

or this -

or this -

Clay Aiken singing again in front of an audience, on my tv, in concert!!!!!!!!!!!

And maybe some talking and tight pants too :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Or some talking tight pants could work also :hubbahubba:

I was a rinkrat with Luckiest and just came home and read this on the cb:

tweeted by clayaiken just now:

Clay will release his 1st album on @deccalabelgroup in summer 2010! It will be a collection of classic songs from the 50s and 60s :)

Decca tweet/Clay tweet:

deccalabelgroup

RT @clayaiken: Clay will release his 1st album on @deccalabelgroup this summer!Will be a collection of classic songs from the 50s and 60s

(Dons hard hat for all the exploding heads...whoops that was yesterday...checks sky anyway)

Kim

'50s & '60s!

Hey, That's MY era. I know those songs.

That was my favorite part of the JBT. Clay's making his CD just for MMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I didn't stop listening to pop music until 1970. Ahem, before Clay was born. I'm feeling old now.

Chances Are, Heartbreak Hotel, Cry, even the Ballad of Davey Crocket. I want to hear them all.

More news on the special:

QUOTE (moonhead @ Jan 14 2010, 10:28 AM)

From International Media's FB page, a new post...

International Media COMING IN JUNE: American Idol superstar alumni and TV personality CLAY AIKEN sings great romantic favorites in "Classic Memories". Tapings for this International Media special will take place in February. Look for the show to be aired on public TV this June!

Kim

:nana:

Clay's going to sing.

Life is good.

yes indeedy !!!!!

Clay's going to sing.

Life is good.

:yeahthat: *and* Thread title! :clap:

'50s & '60s!

My era too! Would love to hear him sing some Johnny Mathis stuff from the 50s....and the 60's...all that Burt Bacharach music and Motown...WOW!! This CD is going to make me feel young again! :yess:

cindilu2, for your sake I'll hope he doesn't do "My Girl", OK? ;)

First of all -- thank you merrieeee, you know why...

Oh man, that's great news! I'm tharilled! As a person who has said "he could sing the phone book," I'm a happy camper. He'll sing, I'll smile -- it's all good.

Gotta run. Another meeting tonight, followed by making a cheesecake (from scratch) for hubby's birthday!

'50s & '60s!

My era too! Would love to hear him sing some Johnny Mathis stuff from the 50s....and the 60's...all that Burt Bacharach music and Motown...WOW!! This CD is going to make me feel young again! :yess:

cindilu2, for your sake I'll hope he doesn't do "My Girl", OK? ;)

Oh, you fight dirty!!! :imgtongue:

I only have one question.

Is it summer yet????? :DoClay:

ok the 50s and 60s ..that narrows things down but I can't even begin to guess what will be on the album. Hopefully we can get some green eyed soul in there. And I know we've heard it but Suspicious Minds is one of my all time favorite Clay songs.

Sooo wonder where this taping will take place for the PBS show. I can't even think about going and tickets but I hope some fans will get to go.

I feel better that the album is coming out in summer than spring. Spring just seems so close. Back to the special, will we get a DVD? My only hope is that Clay's personality will get to shine a bit.