#56: Clay's going to sing. Life is good.

jmh123

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• A burgeoning roar of eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!
    • Behold the Allure of Aiken!
    • Guys, it was just so, so, so good.
    • The man is a star and we saw him go super-nova.
    • Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.
    • Shoot, I'm still suffering from post-concert giddiness, and I wasn't even freakin' there!
    • I really think it is now his time and yes it is about damn time!
    • And we love every minute of his many talents.

Everyone going to GFI have a blast. I will be on vacaion skiing in Vermont for a week with no internet access. I can not wait till I am home next weekend to view the clack and read all about it.

For all of you having a huge snowfall I feel for you. Even though we are used to it I do not like driving in it and we have alot of snowplows. I usually get plowed out every morning when it snows by 5:30 am. At least our taxes pay for something.

See you guys in a week and I want some great pictures!!!!

Hee, are you happy jmh123? I am only happy when it stops snowing. :cryingwlaughter:

We don't get snow that often, and there seems to be no danger of a power outage (which I would be unhappy about). I'm stocked up with necessities and have no place to go. Now if I were up north again, it'd be a whoooooooole nother story. Ugh. Here, the snow even melts all by itself before you know it--no shovels or car brushes required.

Now they did have a huge snowstorm here while I lived up north, almost two feet. My whole life I never saw such a thing, and the irony that it happened after I moved up north, where I never saw a snowfall like that in years of living there, was pretty funny. My sister didn't have to go to work for 2 weeks!!

:GM_FCA:

2 Days until GFI!

:yahoo:

9 Days until The Big Clay Aiken News is Revealed! :yahoo:

35 Days until Clay is Speaking at The HRC Convention!

48 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!

57 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 Months until June and the New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay addresses The Key Convention in July!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Love the pic! Love the fact, although odd, that at least Clay was not identified in it the caption! Makes it all seem so... ordinary. :wub:

That looks like it was the same night as Tom Deckman's birthday bash photos too.

Have fun everyone at GFI :whee: Send Clack!

:GM_FCA:

1 Day until GFI!

8 Days until The Big Clay Aiken News is Revealed!

26 Days until Clay Speaks at The HRC Convention!

39 Days until The Magical Mystery Date!:yahoo:

48 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:glasses:

4 Months until June and the New CD/PBS Special!

:04:

Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I am now officially an idiot pushover. I just bought the Sunday NYTimes for $6 because of the picture.

I only picked it up to check if it were really there and that sucker jumped into my cart so fast, I had to give it a home.

Seriously, I am thrilled that the first really public picture of Clay & Reed together is owned by the NYT. Now none of the sleaze rags or entertainment shows can claim "First" "Exclusive" photos of them. Well they can claim, but it won't be true.

I am now officially an idiot pushover. I just bought the Sunday NYTimes for $6 because of the picture.

I only picked it up to check if it were really there and that sucker jumped into my cart so fast, I had to give it a home.

:cryingwlaughter:

I'm not sure why exactly, but I'm pleased that the NY Times didn't identify Clay in the picture. I just like it that he's just a face in the crowd, for some reason. I also find it extremely cool that we have a more "official" picture of Clay and Reed together. (lilyshine, I agree that it's nice that this appeared in the NY Times, not some rag. Also had to laugh at your purchasing the paper today -- he's still got you in his purchasing hands!)

Tech notes: anyone here use Google Chrome as their browser? I'm loving it, and they released a new version today that allows for extensions. I just discovered a great extension -- Picnik. I can now click on the little link in Google Chrome, pick the picture I want to crop/save that's on the web page I'm on, work with it, and then save it automatically to my Photobucket (or Facebook, or Flickr, or many other services). It took me about 30 seconds to take this:

popup.jpg

and make it into this:

CroppedRelay.jpg

So very very cool!

OK, off the tech soapbox!

Now explain why the twitterer didn't list the 3 songs!!! Surely she must know how important details like that are! :rant

Scarlett is stuck on her Zoo on Facebook, so she asked to to post this:

is there anyone at GFI who knows the schedule tomorrow? ie. when the silent auction opens, when dinner starts, when the program begins and if possible when the program ends?

It's iffy as to whether she will be able to make it but at least her camcorder is already there!

Any merrieee reports yet? :popcorn:

I'll have to pry myself off of the zoo tomorrow!

I just peeked in at the Grammys for a minute before I call it a night and saw the performance of Mary J Blige and Andrea Bocelli...Bridge Over Troubled Water...they were accompanied by David Foster. I have to say I didn't enjoy this particular arrangement. Way too many "trills" (is that the proper term?) for my liking .It really took away from the song,IMO..... I love Bocelli and I do enjoy Mary J Blige lately, but I thought she looked like she was straining. I think she was trying to keep up with Bocelli and that's no easy feat....the man slides up and down the scale with great ease.

I really could picture Clay up there singing his heart out...maybe some day. :wub:

Can't wait for reports/video from those attending GFI. I need to hear Clay music !!!!!!

:lilredani: