#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

I hope one from West Palm Beach doesn't show up because I will have a hard time clicking on it. The female anchor had a not so nice Tweet about Clay last night!

So what did she say?

That was a great interview on the Indy station...talking about chicken file (have no idea how to spell it and the difference between mayonnaise and salad dressing. DJ asked about Raleigh and Clay talked about how she would crap on the floor in hotel rooms and he would just old his breath till morning because he didn't feel like getting up to clean it up...he didn't care as long as she didn't do it on the bed, LOL! Also talked about Unchained Melody and being on The View and Clay said he asked Whoopie to re-enact that scene with him but she refused. It was a great interview and pretty funny..I listened live...hope it will be vaulted or on the website so you can all hear.

Kim

cindi, the deluxe cover is the same as the regular one. What they used at the Indy interview looks to be a mock up that maybe is in stores? But it's not the deluxe cover.

From getclayaiken:

FM 100: Clay says he's been waiting to make this album for seven years.

He's singing Suspicious Minds back and forth with the DJ with the DJ taking the lead. Lots of key changes. lol.gif

They talked after Clay was off. They mentioned the tour all on their own. The female DJ said she wanted to ask about Parker and what it's like being a dad, but that topic was on the 'no-no' list. She said she hoped sometime she could talk about that.

They both said they loved him.

Q How old are you?

A Old enough.

discussing temperature control on water beds... Clay: 'get it wrong and your bed boils.'

Djs ask if he's ever caught Raleigh and Durham humping, Clay says, "Aaannnd now we've crossed the line." lol.gif but then comes back and talks about it with a smile.

I hope one from West Palm Beach doesn't show up because I will have a hard time clicking on it. The female anchor had a not so nice Tweet about Clay last night!

So what did she say?

SuzanneBoyd @iowaroby and I just died laughing when Clay Aiken started talking. He's become a caricature of himself.

It's not that bad but I thought it was very unprofessional to tweet that.

cindi, the deluxe cover is the same as the regular one. What they used at the Indy interview looks to be a mock up that maybe is in stores? But it's not the deluxe cover.

Thanks, ldyj. I thought maybe because they list Who's Sorry Now and Breaking Up... Whatever it is, I'm glad they went with the one they did!!

I'm lmao at the Raleigh/Durham humping question. BWAH!!!

It's up at the ClackHouse vault as well, in wav, 256 and 128kpbs mp3.

CH Vault:

Orlando radio interview

CV KEYHOLDERS - THIS IS IN YOUR VAULT. PLEASE DOWNLOAD FROM THERE. THANK YOU

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLACKUNLIMITED LINK FOR KEYLESS (use ONLY if you do not have a key):

Orlando radio interview

Now where are all those other interviews that I missed while recording and converting this one?

kimiye, I've been looking at the radio station websites, but can't find anything! Of course, I can't rip the clips either...

_____

On a different matter...

OK, so the listening party tonight isn't going to happen. I've been either too busy chasing around news of Clay this week (enjoyable job) or actually WORKING at my job (not quite as enjoyable, but it pays the bills). So, I was talking to couchie the other night, and I think instead of a listening party, it's going to be a "song of the day" thing. If I remember right, we did this with OMWH.

Beginning Monday, June 7, I'll post the "song of the day" on the main thread. We'll go in album order, so that means it will be "Can't Take My Eyes..." for that day. During that 24 hours (or so, I'm not going to be incredibly picky), post your reactions to that particular song. I know, some of you are like "I don't do in-depth." That's fine. In my case, and probably some others, I'll use it as a chance to listen to the song over and over a few times, and then enumerate what makes the song special for me. This will also be a good time for you to ask questions about a song, if you have them. On June 8, we'll go to the next song, and so on through the entire album (including bonus tracks).

Sound OK to everyone? If you want to participate, cool. If not, that's cool too. We'll still talk about how dweemy Clay is here as well. *g*

I like the song of the day idea! It gives everyone a chance regardless of their timetable.

Thanks so much for the cap, kimiye! I found synopses of several radio interviews at CV. Since it's a private board and content specific to that board I didn't bring them over, but go over and read them! He's in fine form, even at that hour, and no yawning. A couple have been vaulted and there will be more to come. I don't think any except the one link we already have are available online yet.

So what did she say?

SuzanneBoyd @iowaroby and I just died laughing when Clay Aiken started talking. He's become a caricature of himself.

It's not that bad but I thought it was very unprofessional to tweet that.

Thanks--that's why I'd always rather hear the details if I'm going to hear anything. It isn't that bad--makes her look worse than Clay. I was worried he lost his temper or something. How anyone can answer the same questions all day long and remain entertaining I will never know.

:hello: Checking in to wish everyone a good weekend and say that I'm satiated from all the edible delights of this past week! I hope it continues into the coming weeks but I may miss much of it since I will be without any internet access for awhile :cry4:

Once I get moved and hooked up again I hope to find a lot to catch up on. I am really hoping to comeback to find more tv appearances. A girl can dream!

I also hope to participate in the "song of the day" thing when I get back on line. In the meantime I'll just have to make do with my newest visions of my fucking gorgeous bf and his pipes of perfection. :wub:

kimiye, I've been looking at the radio station websites, but can't find anything! Of course, I can't rip the clips either...

_____

On a different matter...

OK, so the listening party tonight isn't going to happen. I've been either too busy chasing around news of Clay this week (enjoyable job) or actually WORKING at my job (not quite as enjoyable, but it pays the bills). So, I was talking to couchie the other night, and I think instead of a listening party, it's going to be a "song of the day" thing. If I remember right, we did this with OMWH.

Beginning Monday, June 7, I'll post the "song of the day" on the main thread. We'll go in album order, so that means it will be "Can't Take My Eyes..." for that day. During that 24 hours (or so, I'm not going to be incredibly picky), post your reactions to that particular song. I know, some of you are like "I don't do in-depth." That's fine. In my case, and probably some others, I'll use it as a chance to listen to the song over and over a few times, and then enumerate what makes the song special for me. This will also be a good time for you to ask questions about a song, if you have them. On June 8, we'll go to the next song, and so on through the entire album (including bonus tracks).

Sound OK to everyone? If you want to participate, cool. If not, that's cool too. We'll still talk about how dweemy Clay is here as well. *g*

ldyj... Great idea!!! Much easier for me to manage. Thanks!!!

:hello: Checking in to wish everyone a good weekend and say that I'm satiated from all the edible delights of this past week! I hope it continues into the coming weeks but I may miss much of it since I will be without any internet access for awhile :cry4:

Once I get moved and hooked up again I hope to find a lot to catch up on. I am really hoping to comeback to find more tv appearances. A girl can dream!

I also hope to participate in the "song of the day" thing when I get back on line. In the meantime I'll just have to make do with my newest visions of my fucking gorgeous bf and his pipes of perfection. :wub:

tree... if there is a library near you, check out the computer situation. You may be able to get here that-a-way until things settle for you.

I think my new computer is going to get ordered soon (regular soon). Mine was slow, so IT looked at it and didn't understand why it was still running and since I do critical work on proposals, I think it's finally going to get in the queue. I'm kinda scared, tho, cause it will have Windows 7 and everything will be differenct until I get everything learned. I do get a new 22" monitor, tho and I can't wait to see Clay on that during my lunch time. Whoo hoo!!!

Song of the day sounds good to me...unfortunately we only have one computer in our house and I have to share...one of these days I will get one of my own.

Kim

From the public side of the OFC:

Don’t miss Clay appearing on TV tomorrow on the CBS Early Show Saturday Morning!

Log on to CBSNews.com between 7am ET – 8am ET tomorrow morning to submit questions for Clay to answer LIVE during the Backstage Live segment hosted exclusively on CBSNews.com. Clay will be chatting on Backstage Live after he performs his song on the TV broadcast.

From CV:

Summer Fun For Kids!

Phineas and Ferb

8/7c Disney XD

New episodes of the animated series about two step-brothers who throw themselves into making every day an adventure air throughout the summer, beginning June 14 when as a means to beat boredom the boys not only build the ultimate lemonade stand, but also an authentic log cabin and pioneer village. Impressive, however they manage to top that during an hour-long installment, which will air in August and features a duet by legendary R&B singer Chaka Khan and Season 2 American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken. Can you feel the funk?

How much fun is this?

From ch1 at the CH:

Clay Advice

Clay and Chaka Khan!

Phineas and Ferb

8/7c Disney XD

New episodes of the animated series about two step-brothers who throw themselves into making every day an adventure air throughout the summer, beginning June 14 when as a means to beat boredom the boys not only build the ultimate lemonade stand, but also an authentic log cabin and pioneer village. Impressive, however they manage to top that during an hour-long installment, which will air in August and features a duet by legendary R&B singer Chaka Khan and Season 2 American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken. Can you feel the funk?

Heh, somehow I knew his blog would be about this. (I'm thinking the next one will be for the Bringing Broadway Home show ;-)

I hope they find some way to let the folks who don't watch daytime tv know that he has a CD out. This time around I purposely didn't mention the CD to any of my non-Clay friends/family/etc - and not one single person has mentioned it to me. And believe me, these folks never, ever miss an opportunity to mention him to me. I realize that's probably not that unusual for Canada, but my good friend who lives in North Carolina (and works in a large office where her fandom is renowned) has had the same experience. Not one person has mentioned it or him to her except to comment that he wasn't on the AI finale.

Hopefully the PBS airings will help with that down the road. Meantime, I honestly can't see how he/they could expect more of a first week than this.

New tweet (which came about 10 minutes ago for me, meaning they probably didn't know about it for the first showing):

clayaiken E! News is including #TriedAndTrue in their New Music Scene segment tonight! Tune in to E! at 7pm & 11:30pm - check your local listings! :)

Hope someone can cap it!

CLAY BLOGGED!!!!

Oh, man. He's so cool. And heck, I'm gonna have to go out and get a few more copies, aren't I?

Well, he is persuasive, isn't he! I have a friend in Key West for the month and I was going to give him a copy when he gets back on the 28th. But, I'm gifting him an iTunes download tonight. I'll just feel better about it after reading the blog. Clay has that strange effect on me. Now who else do I know that needs a copy ...... thinking