#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

Sooo, Asheville and Biloxi are the only ones for which it's remotely possible I could go, BUT I don't know yet if I'll be able to. Is there any way I could get ticket insurance or something if I bought a ticket and then wasn't able to attend? Would ticket prices increase as we get closer to the date?

(Sowwy, guys, I've never been to a concert before...)

ETA: Also, should I ask this in a different forum?

You can always buy tickets unless it's sold out. Sometimes they throw back good tickets just before the show. Good luck!

Thanks! It's a little scary--I'm looking at bus tickets, hotel rooms... and tickets to the show, of course! Eeeeeeee(k)!

Spent a very frustrating morning trying to get tickets to Ashville and finally gave up...could not get anything close when I was finally able to get online..never could get anyone on the phone. Going to wait and see if anyone is selling closer tickets or if better tickets come up online before I make any decisions about attending.

Kim

I hope everyone is surviving the .... :Tour4:

Is there any way I could get ticket insurance or something if I bought a ticket and then wasn't able to attend?

I've never purchased ticket insurance, but it's offered by Ticketmaster:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/insurance

With Event Ticket Insurance, if you can't attend an event for any covered reason – such as illness, airline delays, traffic accidents and more – you'll get 100% of the ticket price returned to you. Coverage includes the ticket price, taxes, convenience fees and shipping charges along with all other event–related items that have been added to your order, such as parking – up to a maximum of $10,000. Simply select "Yes, Protect My Ticket Purchase" during checkout. Please note you'll be charged an additional $7 per ticket and will be billed separately by Mondial Assistance. Please note, if you buy the insurance after you purchased your event ticket, the price increases to $15 per ticket and the insurance must be purchased no later than 30 days prior to the event date.

Not too sure about all of their "covered reasons" ... I've had good luck purchasing tickets from other fans who had to cancel, or had too many tickets, etc., so if you have a decent seat it's usually not hard to sell it around the boards.

And .....

:welcome22:deyabird! One of the best things about FCA is that there's none of this stuff :deadhorse2: going on!

Although occasionally, we do saddle up our horses...cause we got a trail to blaze.

runs away giggling

Don't run away ...... Shane! Come back, Shane!

Good lord, I'm old. I immediately pictured young Brandon DeWilde running after Alan Ladd!

I'd much rather picture Clay saddling up and blazing a trail...Sheesh!

Senility sucks!

:GE_FCA:

The Timeless Tour's "ticketmaster tango" is on the move with five of 17 concert sites open for business this week. The new Carolina On My Mind blog features a new montage by LovesClaysVoice: "Clay and Ruben Together Again!"; graphics by Fountaindawg; and PermaSwooned's very special post about Decca unleashing Clay.

LOL, you may recognize some of the dialogue, which came from three boards. :lol:

The 145th country -- Angola -- visited the Carolina site earlier today. Thank you for your comments and visits. Hope you enjoy. :snoopy:

Many thnx to those who stopped by the Easter entry to see and read about Kai and Lia, my growing grandchildren -- among other topics. :)

Have an awesome week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Although occasionally, we do saddle up our horses...cause we got a trail to blaze.

runs away giggling

EEEEEEEEEEE It's the horsey song :cryingwlaughter:

Hey, I'm ready for the next great adventure, Clay!

Speaking in a round about way of Alan Ladd, someone on another board said the new CD pic of Clay reminded them of Alan Ladd. And now that I look at it for the umpteenththousandtime I kinda see what they mean. :clay:

caro, Kai and Lia look adorable!!

From ch1 at the CH:

Ruben gave an interview with idolsnow after his appearance last week (its an itunes app).

He of course mentioned the tour. He said that it came about to capitalize on the fact that people like to see them together. He said that while they were in the middle of it they didn't realize how big of a deal the Ruben/Clay thing was. He mentioned that if they had done it sooner it probably would have been one of the biggest tours in music (I don't know about that but who knows).

He said that he thinks they will both be on stage the entire show and it won't be Ruben promoting one of his albums or Clay promoting one of his. He said it will be a famly friendly show and similar to what people remember them doing on idol.

runs away giggling

Good lord, I'm old. I immediately pictured young Brandon DeWilde running after Alan Ladd!

Senility sucks!

keepingfaith now playing the part of Brandon DeWilde

Alan Ladd portrayed by 00lsee, one of the kindest, friendliest people on the planet

runs away giggling

Senility sucks!

keepingfaith now playing the part of Brandon DeWilde

Alan Ladd portrayed by 00lsee, one of the kindest, friendliest people on the planet

Bwah! Thankee kindly! In fact...(((((((HUGS)))))))

Just because. :)

:GM_FCA:

54 Days until June 1 and The New CD! :04:

Clay addresses The Key Club Convention in July!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Back to work for me today, after one of the worst colds I've had in recent memory. Oh well...makes for a short work week!

Glad to see some more dates going on sale. I'll try to have the concert threads updated tonight or tomorrow.

BTW, did anyone post who was singing tonight on AI? It's David Archuletta.

At work so I cant post pics etc but the CD cover has been changed slightly according to a poster at CV. Check it out on Amazon.

That's kinda bizarre! At first I thought it was just darker, but on second glance I notice the watch is missing. It's like one of those 'name the difference's picture puzzles. LOL!

Glad to hear you're feeling better ldyj :hug:

laughn posted this at GCA - It looks like an updated/reowrked version of the CD Cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Tried-True-Clay-Aiken/dp/B003FCKIAW/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2#moreAboutThisProduct

I think it looks much much better. This is one time when airbrushing or "touch ups" work in his favor.

They added color & shading to contrast his face (hee...love the head dent :wub: )

I notice his eyes and lashes more in this pic now. And you can now see the lapels that define the dinner jacket. Also, the watch is gone as well as the image of a second transposed thumb.

He really is a most attractive man...when you can see him ;)!!! :flirtysmile3:

ETA - oops, Thankful beat me to it. Dang I type slow. LOL

At work so I cant post pics etc but the CD cover has been changed slightly according to a poster at CV. Check it out on Amazon.

Much, much better.

Yummy.

post-868-127066069815_thumb.jpg

Oh Yes! Definitely much better.

I guess photoshopping probably gets done for most artists album covers but it looks to me that once again the shape of Clay's face has been changed, particularly his jaw.

But hey, that is such an improvement over the initial cover.

Now, I know that none of you have problems managing your time spent on the internet :rolleyes: but for those who might want it. Kim Komando posted this neat website that helps to manage your time on a website. Timer

What's up with the track list? What's on the cover doesn't match the list on Amazon? No listing for Kind of Hush, or It's Impossible, but including Who's Sorry Now? Also, isn't 10 songs a little light for an album these days?

1. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

2. Mack The Knife

3. What Kind Of Fool Am I

4. Misty

5. It's Only Make Believe

6. Crying

7. Moon River

8. Suspicious Minds

9. Who's Sorry Now

10. Unchained Melody

I think there's more "editing" to do .... but I love the cover and hope it doesn't change too much, other than a correct listing of the songs!