#57: Oh yeah, he really is just. that. good.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My, my, my...my boyfriend is making me feel all cougarish and slinky and growly
    • I'd better hold on to my fedora cos I ain't seen nothing yet!
    • He exhilarates me!
    • Unremitting Fangirl reporting for duty. I'm easy and I'm proud of it!
    • The man is made of awesome.
    • Clay Aiken can still curl my toes.
    • Clay Aiken = happy sigh
    • I'm a satisfied Clay fan.

:GM_FCA:

50 Days until June 1st and The New CD!

:04:

70 Days until Clay Brings Broadway Home to NC!:yahoo:

87 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

:yahoo:

102 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Tried and True on Amazon...click on the DVD...it says "Director, Clay Aiken"

http://www.amazon.co...iken+tried+true

Kim

Can't say as I'm surprised. I figured that no matter whose name was credited, Clay was running that show. He wasn't producing because that was, I suppose, International Media -- but it was Clay's show, and he had Ben directing the musicians, and Ruben and Quiana singing, and he put it on in his hometown, so Clay was directing EVERYTHING!

Which increases my anticipation beyond what I can tolerate without thinking about it pretty much obsessively.

I'm still perplexed by the track list printed on the LP not matching the 10 songs Amazon lists. Anyway, at least Suspicious Minds is on both. I had mused a couple of weeks or so back that I sure hoped SM was on the CD because it could be a killer single, and now that we know it's a track on the LP, I hope that's the case. I hope SM is the song he showcases on TV appearances to promote the album. I think Decca would be doing a disservice if they didn't release a single to download and promote it well in advance of LP release. Radio is so dead now. Besides, I want at least ONE song soon to BUY online and drool over and play a zillion times before June 1st!!!

Clay said during the taping that he was a "micro manager," and I was so very happy to hear that. He is the one that knows what works for him and what does not. The PBS taping was spectacular, so he is good at directing. Now the hard thing is to have to wait to see it on TV!

Getting ready to head to the Chicago-land area! Hubby and I have tickets to see the group Straight No Chaser (a capella singing group...whom I found out about via a PBS special *g*) at the Chicago Theater this evening. It should be a really good show!

Topic: Clay's gonna be on PBS too...

From CV:

I hope this is ok to post. Reed is in Rex hospital in Raleigh. Per elaine over at OC:

Hey girls , he posted some pictures from the Rex hospital . He is not feeling well, he's suffering bell's palsy. could you add him to your prayers

From CV:

I hope this is ok to post. Reed is in Rex hospital in Raleigh. Per elaine over at OC:

Hey girls , he posted some pictures from the Rex hospital . He is not feeling well, he's suffering bell's palsy. could you add him to your prayers

:hug: Reed, get well soon!!! :hug:

Yikes! {{{Reed & Clay}}} This from Wikipedia is reassuring. I hope his case is mild and he recovers quickly.

Most people recover spontaneously and achieve near-normal to normal functions. Many show signs of improvement as early as 10 days after the onset, even without treatment.

The weather here is insane....we went from near-summer last week, to snow the last few days, to gorgeous sunshine and warmer temps again today. So I'm not taking it for granted anymore, I have been out in the park this afternoon soaking it up.

:GA_FCA:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog includes info about the week's seven "live" tour ticket sale venues, a special Dancing With the Stars/Clay Aiken montage by LovesClaysVoice, TNT CD/DVD set list talk with art by Fountaindawg and cindilu2.

I can tell from the feed there have been lots of hits and RIGHT CLICKING of graphics in the two hours the blog has been up, but no one is stopping to comment. Unfortunately, comments are what count the most and help keep the positive news about Clay at the top of the Google heap. Many thnx to those who understand. :)

Er um, everyone must have gorgeous weather on this Sunday afternoon. LOL, maybe I need to get a life. :cryingwlaughter:

Sending healing thoughts to Reed. :hug:

Have a great new week, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Sorry about the lack of comments, Caro. I'm guilty too, and it's such an easy thing to do - no excuse! I'll get over there shortly.

I hope Reed is feeling better soon (our definition, not his boyfriend's!). My mom had Bell's Palsy twice and each time it took about a month to resolve - thankfully with no lasting effects. She did have to wear an eye patch for a while each time though (the droopy eyelid caused too much dryness). It does make me smile to know he's in Raleigh though. *grin*

I'm there, too! **waves** I got nuttin' to come up, thank heavens Shineinnc was searching for us, too. We'll be on the other side of the room though...Orch Table 3! Yay for (semi) painless ticket sales. :)

Karma and Fear, see you there! Karma, I think we're back-to-back with you. I'm looking forward to this small (by all reports) venue.

Clay said during the taping that he was a "micro manager," and I was so very happy to hear that. He is the one that knows what works for him and what does not. The PBS taping was spectacular, so he is good at directing.

Me too!!

My best wishes for a quick and complete recovery to ((Reed)), and most especially to ((Clay))! I have the strongest suspicion it was MUCH harder on him than on Reed. :(

Terrifying, probably thinking it was a stroke. :(

But I'm glad Reed was in Raleigh at the time...I can't imagine how bad it would have been for Clay to "hear" about it and not be there.

I understand the prognosis is very good these days for Bell's Palsy sufferers.

My public TV station is showing Michael Buble Meets Madison Square Garden right now as part of their pledge drive.

The premiums for donating:

$75 - Buble's current CD Crazy Love

$100 - CD/DVD combo - the live performance being shown on the special, with a couple of additional songs plus some backstage stuff.

$150 - both the current CD and the CD/DVD combo

The pledge break is a pre-recorded interview where Buble talks a bit about his recording process and whatnot. Hopefully, Clay will have something similar for his PBS special.

My local PBS station shows this kind of retro / classics / standards musical programming constantly during their pledge drives, so my fingers are crossed that they'll pick-up Clay's special and show it at least a couple of times.

Thanks for the info bc. I haven't even ordered the cd yet. I'm waiting to see all the deals and to offer some last minute support. We have five PBS stations so I'm betting it will be on at least one. I'll dvr it and turn on all our tvs to make sure we get counted. :yourpointsmile:

From Claygary, looking forward to seeing you again.

Sorry about the lack of comments, Caro. I'm guilty too, and it's such an easy thing to do - no excuse! I'll get over there shortly.

I hope Reed is feeling better soon (our definition, not his boyfriend's!). My mom had Bell's Palsy twice and each time it took about a month to resolve - thankfully with no lasting effects. She did have to wear an eye patch for a while each time though (the droopy eyelid caused too much dryness). It does make me smile to know he's in Raleigh though. *grin*

Thnx for stopping by, cindilu2. Since I was here, I discovered that Fountaindawg made the perfect graphic for this Timeless ticket blog. I must have closed her P/B account just before she uploaded it. Anyway, I have added the regular and widescreen clickables of this to Carolina On My Mind:

th_FD_Timeless1.jpg

Clickable by Fountaindawg

Thnx for the PBS info, bottle. Have a great week, all! :yahoo:

caro, I stopped by and dropped off a comment on your blog. thanks for keeping us informed!

My local PBS station shows this kind of retro / classics / standards musical programming constantly during their pledge drives, so my fingers are crossed that they'll pick-up Clay's special and show it at least a couple of times.

As does the one here in the SF Bay area, so I'm very hopeful :snoopy:

I mean, if they can show that Peter Marshall Big Band special over and over and over and ....you get the idea. Seriously, I'll be uber pissed off if they don't repeat Clay's until I am "sick of seeing him". :clay:

Now a little OT -

I have truly enjoyed watching The Master's Tournament this weekend. It's been fun and had very few commercial interruptions for a change*g*

But the best part of it was my other bf was playing his best game in a long time and I had to cheer him on! Phil Mickelson may not be the greatest to play the game or the most consistent (heh) but he is one of the classiest (just like my other bf :flirtysmile3: ) athletes out there these days and he's been my favorite to follow for so many years now. And given all he and his family have been through this past year today was made all that more special!It was a very emotional finish and when I saw the tears streaming down his cheek I nearly lost it.

Congratulations, Phil, on winning your third green jacket. And to Amy, who made the trip for the first time this year to see her husband WIN!!

I'm still wiping tears away :wub:

Sorry to be a postho but I just saw this posted by gaymarie at the CC -

Keep in mind this article was written on December 11th, 2009, I never saw it before and think it's a great statistic for Clay to be a part of :twinklewhore:

Billboard Singles Sales Artists of the Decade:

1. MADONNA

2. CHRISTINA AGUILERA

3. DESTINY’S CHILD

4. JANET JACKSON

5. MARIAH CAREY

6. SANTANA

7. CLAY AIKEN

8. WHITNEY HOUSTON

9. LEANN RIMES

10. BRITNEY SPEARS

http://absolutemadonna.com/?p=5274

caro, I stopped by and dropped off a comment on your blog. thanks for keeping us informed!

Thnx, tree, dksfriend, and Cindy. Your comments -- and props to the visual artists -- are greatly appreciated. Have a great week!

:starhugs:

---------------------------

Drop by anytime: Carolina On My Mind

Click to stream Clay Aiken at MySpace

:GM_FCA:

Reed posted on his FB that he has a mild case of Bell's Palsy and Mono...BP can be a side effect of Mono.

49 Days until June 1 and the New CD!

:04:

69 Days until Clay is Bringing Broadway Home to NC!

86 Days until Clay Addresses The Key Club Convention!

101 Days until The Timeless Tour Begins!

:09:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Well I am now back in the land of the living, since the Shell Houston Open has been over a week and I need some help. When I try to post with quotes etc the formatting bar is across the middle of the post and I can't see to edit etc. cos it gets in the way. Any advice?

Well I am now back in the land of the living, since the Shell Houston Open has been over a week and I need some help. When I try to post with quotes etc the formatting bar is across the middle of the post and I can't see to edit etc. cos it gets in the way. Any advice?

Welcome back to the land of the living! I use IE8 at work and Google Chrome at home and both solved that problem for me.

For us pitiful people whose corporate owners haven't updated us to IE8, just click in the part of the posting box you see and keep hitting enter until the cursor shows up.

I received this email from Decca over the weekend, spotlighting their April releases, and it was quite well done. The text for Rufus Wainwright's release is as follows:

Rufus Wainwright marks his sixth studio album with 'All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu', to be released April 20th on the Decca Label Group.

View the video below for a behind the scenes look at the making of this hugely personal and deeply emotional upcoming album.

Preorder the CD: iTunes | Amazon

Preorder the Vinyl: Amazon

the Vinyl???!!!!! Dare I hope??? I don't care what anybody says, to my ears there's NOTHING like the Vinyl!

And the covers are the BEST!

As does the one here in the SF Bay area, so I'm very hopeful :snoopy:

I mean, if they can show that Peter Marshall Big Band special over and over and over and ....you get the idea. Seriously, I'll be uber pissed off if they don't repeat Clay's until I am "sick of seeing him". :clay:

Now a little OT -

I have truly enjoyed watching The Master's Tournament this weekend. It's been fun and had very few commercial interruptions for a change*g*

But the best part of it was my other bf was playing his best game in a long time and I had to cheer him on! Phil Mickelson may not be the greatest to play the game or the most consistent (heh) but he is one of the classiest (just like my other bf :flirtysmile3: ) athletes out there these days and he's been my favorite to follow for so many years now. And given all he and his family have been through this past year today was made all that more special!It was a very emotional finish and when I saw the tears streaming down his cheek I nearly lost it.

Congratulations, Phil, on winning your third green jacket. And to Amy, who made the trip for the first time this year to see her husband WIN!!

I'm still wiping tears away :wub:

tree... if you don't mind sayin', what were the family problems. I saw the end and thought it was his first Masters from the tears and how tight he held her.

I received this email from Decca over the weekend, spotlighting their April releases, and it was quite well done. The text for Rufus Wainwright's release is as follows:

Rufus Wainwright marks his sixth studio album with 'All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu', to be released April 20th on the Decca Label Group.

View the video below for a behind the scenes look at the making of this hugely personal and deeply emotional upcoming album.

Preorder the CD: iTunes | Amazon

Preorder the Vinyl: Amazon

the Vinyl???!!!!! Dare I hope??? I don't care what anybody says, to my ears there's NOTHING like the Vinyl!

And the covers are the BEST!

keeping... explain Vinyl, please. I still have vinyl records from my youth, thru John Denver, but nothing to play them on. Do I need to get my record player fixed??? The things I do for Clay!!! LOL

Whooo hoooo.... my work computer let me post!!!!!!!! This is going to be a good day (hoping hard, since I'm getting my taxes done tonight.