# 64: A super smart, caring, determined, classy, easy-going, and genuinely good, likeable guy

ldyjocelyn

I'm here, hoping that someone will bring over any pertinent Clay news as this is the only site I'm checking. They've really cracked down on internet usage at work and all other sites are too picture intensive. Anything happening? Any word on the radio pilot or the date of the next gala? I really wish they'd give us a "save the date" thing. I have something else I want to do in October and I am crossing my fingers that the two don't conflict.....

It's slow on the news front, nothing new about the radio pilot either.

Sorry to hear about Dolce, I knew the screen name but not the person. She'll be missed. :(

Been busy on weekends, not much else going on during the week. I've got plans for this whole weekend again, spending it with friends. I probably won't be online much cause we'll be having too much fun! lol

Welp. We got hit by Nemo. Not as bad as southern Ontario and definitely not as bad as it's going to get on the east coast, but we had enough here, maybe 6"-7", couldn't easily take out a ruler either since there were mostly drifts and it would have skewed it to 12"+. Took me an hour and 45 minutes to clear a path on our deck and sidewalk and then tackle the snow drifts in the driveway. I'm a short-statured person so it's probably not a big deal to someone taller when I say that some of the drifts went up to my knees but it's probably a good 15"! At least the guy plowing our sub was nice enough to get rid of a huge pile I had made at the end of our driveway. :) I think I earned my weekend out! LOL

Did I mention we don't have a snow blower? So all that was manual labor with a trusty ol shovel....

I have been working my butt off...writing a 3-5 page paper! I haven't written a paper in sooooooo long, and I'm paranoid as hell. Having said that, it's not due until Friday at midnight, so I've got time. I have only 2 or 3 paragraphs yet to go, so I'm not THAT worried either (knowing that students tend to put things off until the very last minute!).

It's time for dinner now, and then so time off the class! On the other hand, we have to watch a Film Noir during the next two weeks, and I might try to watch one of the assigned films tonight.

I miss Clay. Sigh.

We got hit hard on Thursday in the early morning hours and then throughout the day as well. I shoveled half the driveway before work, my son did the other half just so we could get the cars out, and then when we got home that evening we had to do it all over again to get the cars back in! That's more shoveling than I did all last winter combined. We got close to 12 inches, I'd say. This morning it was sunny and about -6 C so a perfect day to take the dogs over to the park for a run. Tomorrow they are forecasting 4 C and rain. Ewwwww that is going to be messy!

Was in Vermont skiing when the storm hit. We drove home yesterday and went a different route. Instead of more of a southern route we hated north hoping the snow was less. That way we hit upper Vermont into upper NY onto Canada. We drove in Canada for 8 hours before hitting Michigan. We did have less snow after leaving Vermont. At the condo we had about 15 inches. At least when I drove in Canada most of the roads were just wet with scattered slippery spots.

Missing Clay where is he hiding!!

We're far south enough from the storm that we got only rain these past few days. For us, that's a good thing -- we've been in such a drought over the past two years that this rain is welcome! And if it was cold, we'd have a lot of snow too.

Still stressing on my paper. I just reread the instructions and I think I need to pull my paper totally apart. Sigh.

LOL luckiest! I grew up in the Northeast and kind of miss the sledding and ice skating on ponds. In high school there was a pond a ross the street andwe would bring our skates to school so we could play crack the whip b efore and after school. Fun times.

I'll trade you the sledding and skating on ponds (do people still do that?) for an umbrella any day. Although yesterday, after all this snow, it rained. Today we're back to flurries. I may actually go skating on an outdoor rink in the park next week, if my old skates are still functional, and the weather cooperates.

I'm not upholding my citizenship tonight, because I'm watching the Westminster Dog Show. However, Clay is watching the State of the Union:

Is it just me, or does Speaker Boehner look like he's in a waiting room waiting for a vasectomy?#SOTU

Stolen from CH:

Quote:

Clay Aiken @clayaiken

Boehner didn't even stand up for that 102 year old woman who waited in line for five hours?!? Give me a break! He needs a colonic! #SOTU

Quote:

Clay Aiken @clayaiken

You can actually HEAR how dry Rubio's mouth is right now!! Holy crap! He should let some of that sweat he keeps wiping fall into his mouth!

Quote:

Clay Aiken @clayaiken

Told ya!!!!!

Quote:

Clay Aiken @clayaiken

I wonder if one of his aides read my tweet and figured out he had a dry mouth and needed some water! #yourewelcomesenator

I'm really bad. I didn't watch anything.

I've been slowly getting my house back up to standard after way too long having too much to do, both in clearing away clutter and in cleaning, especially dusting, which I always put off until you can write your name in it.

Also getting my wired life in order. I got a new email address on my own domain. Which reminds me, I haven't changed my email address here. This is something I put off for a looooooong time, two and a half years. I had a "rogue" account, that is, it was OKed by the provider, until or unless I had any problems, and then they couldn't help me because it was an unofficial account. The company in the address doesn't really exist anymore and it was switched several times, to different big email companies--I was just hidden away in the back corner of some server, and getting my mail through Thunderbird. And it was starting to get a little wonky. Who could blame it?

Speaking of changing my email address everywhere, today I found that on Delta! in my personal info I still had an email address from when I first moved to PA from Japan. Whoopsie, missed that one. I had changed physical address and phone, and they were using the most recent email address, so I never noticed. I was like, what? early.com (Hee!) For a few seconds I couldn't even remember having had that email address. That was a localish provider in PA that became something that became something else, maybe mindspring I dunno but I changed providers, so the only time I could have given them that email address was soon after I moved there. 1999.

And I'm making myself a website. Hoping to use it to get more freelance work. I'm just getting started and am giving a lot of thought to what I should put on it, what my menu items should be, what I should put on the front page, and so on.

Rain, rain, rain. That's what we've got. Mild temperatures, but too much rain. Now and then, the sun, but usually then it's colder.

Found at CV

Okay guys, I just heard some exciting news for all you Claymates out there that are missing OMC! He'll be performing at the North Carolina Theatre May 7th through the 12th in The Drowsy Chaperone. Tickets are on sale now and all are $80 or less. You can order them through Ticketmaster but you can save yourself some money by calling 919-855-8069 and asking for Carry Vaughan. She will hook you up with some tickets and all the necessary information. No, this has not been confirmed by the OFC, however, it has been confirmed by the North Carolina Theatre.

.????

Just coming to tell you all he blogged..sounds like a great show but I won't be able to attend..hope he gets a sold out week!

Kim