#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Is it possible...could it be even remotely possible that I would rather read the angsting, hair pulling posts over the "I knew it all along...thank you, thank you, thank you Clay, I knew I could trust you" shit?

Shoot me now. :scream:

Pass the bullets.

I have to rein myself in because I so wanted to tell some people that instead of the thank you thank you , they really should be saying sorry sorry. Seems I am not alone in that.

Yeah, you better keep that thought here. I've been moderated into oblivion for expressing that thought elsewhere. *shrug*

Aint that the truth. God forbid the obvious truth should be expressed in the midst of all the bullshit.

Edited by wandacleo

It's been really fun to read the whole thread this evening, after the dust has settled.

So, what does CLay's silence mean to everyone.

1. He is out of the country and knows nothing about the "turmoil" Kim's comments created.

2. He is sitting in Raleigh eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch totally oblivious to the turmoil Kim's comments created.

OR

3. He's typing and retyping his blog so as not to piss anyone off...

...or he's sitting there saying to himself, 'It's just a tour, women!!' (ala Asheville/Biltmore banter)

Personally, I don't think he has to be out of the country to be unaware of the response. In fact, he may not even know Kim made any kind of statement. Fans generally tend to assume that he is as tuned into the online fandom as we are to him. However, if he's busy, he may not have reason to check the boards, and his family or management may not have heard about the furor either.

And later:

Minority opinion here:

I realize it's fun to believe otherwise, but FWIW, I don't think the blog is any kind of response to the tour. I think he's been busy in New York, attending "The Color Purple" and taking care of whatever business he may have there. Roseviolet at the CH noted that he hasn't logged on the to OFC message board since 9/4. As I said before, I really don't believe he's as tuned into the online fandom as much as fans imagine (and I actually think it's healthier if he doesn't). However, if he reads the responses to his blog, he'll find out soon enough.

Ding ding ding. We have a winnah! You are a wise woman. I think I'll just follow you around from now on. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

For what it's worth, I'm not a big fan of the evil publicist notion. Public press release? Check. Kim's My Space announcement? I just saw it there. That means that Kim stepped over the line. He knows it and she knows it. That's just kinda sad.

Hugs to aikim and clazorback.

Edited by artquest

Although I dread it, I guess I'll continue reading that thread at the OFC just to see if anyone apologized. Some pretty, I think, nasty things were said about Clay, Ruben and Kim. If there is any blame to go around it definitely should be put on Curb for the press release they put out. Which was obviously written to get the hits from Clay's name. And maybe just a little to Chuck Taylor, the Clay hating person he is.

Fortunately I spent most of the day running around with my husband to various doctors for cellulitis in his foot and avoided a lot of the current angst. I always thought it was that cottage cheese on my chubby thighs. It's actually a strep or staph infection that we think he got from a flea bite. We had a dying cat and I refused to put any chemicals on her to kill fleas. She died peacefully last week.

Playbiller, I was rolling on the floor with your comment about using glow sticks for weapons. In fact i laughed quite a bit reading everyone's posts today.

I did want to suggest a poll for the next topic of angst. Instead of the usual angst starters, it would be nice to see someone from this board start it. May i suggest "Why is Clay going to see a play in NYC, shouldn't he be working on that next cd for us? What a slacker." Somehoe I think I might be too late for that one. :breakpc2:

Yeah, you better keep that thought here. I've been moderated into oblivion for expressing that thought elsewhere. *shrug*

I half expect to someday be moderated elsewhere for what I say here. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, but it has happened, and more than once (what is it gals, about five times now??) Cause we are EEEEEEEvil. :cryingwlaughter:

Tra la la...

I think we should all prance around in our underwear and high heels during chat...no video required though!

Unless you really wanna.

Then we can set up a 900 number. Let me know.

Might be a way to finance our trips through the heartland. 1 900 FCA LADY

But I'm sorry I draw the line at high heels.

But do they make high heels for people with big feet like us, we, I?

Try this website - they have a huge selection, and LOTS of sizes:

http://www.zappos.com/womens.zhtml

*contemplates which pair of stilettos to prance in, and which lingerie to wear*

Oh, BTW...

The poll at the top of OUR page is for our chat - you know, we'll open a new thread and talk about set topics for 10-15 minutes then move on...it's tons of fun.

Oh yeah, and we prance around in our Victoria's Secret and stilletos (sensible 2-in heels for couchie)

don't forget while drinking our fuzzy treasure trails. YUM

uh 2 inch heels? come on, work with me here. :cryingwlaughter:

Please post the recipie for the fuzzy treasure trails again! Heeee - my hubby will think I've really lost it when I'm prancing around in stilettos and underwear and drinking fuzzy treasure trails.

yeah but I will bet lots of dollars those so angry at him and disappointed and blah blah blah are NOT apologizing to him..

whatevah! now what will everyone angst about??????????

Don't worry, it won't take long and something else angsty will surface. Some people aren't happy unless they're angsting. It's a way of life.

Ok, the problem with working and not being able to get online while working is that things happen while you are working and as you catch up, things keep happening so what you were going to say 4 pages ago no longer applies!

Yeah, that!!!

XmasRed.png

I love this emoticon. Can we have it added to the FCA emoticons, Couchie? :)

Thigh Time.

KimmelTat-1.jpg

Cracks my shit up everytime I see Jimmy wearing that pashima(?) That was the best Climmel evah!!!

I have my very own pashmina, and it's lovely and warm. I really enjoy that Klimmel. It's one of the vids I watch on my treo at the gym. Cracks me up every time. Makes me grin like a fool.

Dear Claygasm wrote:

Agree - and IMO this DOES NOT sound one bit like Clay. He is a stubborn, stubborn man and I cannot see him beding that easily to the will of some OTT fans!

Bolding mine! Calling Dr. Freud! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BWAH!!

Thigh Time.

Yup, those are some "thighs dripping with character" for sure! :Thud:

And the calf ain't half-bad either!

Whoa- I'm on top! As a newbie, I'm still not sure if I should be thrilled or disgusted by this situation. (Now, if I was on top of Clay, I know EXACTLY how- and WHAT- I'd be feeling!) :DoClay:

And you are on top--of the calf, no less!!! Now don't start humping it like a dog. We don't smut here.

Yeah, right! :cryingwlaughter:

I half expect to someday be moderated elsewhere for what I say here.

Oh, but it has happened, and more than once (what is it gals, about five times now??) Cause we are EEEEEEEvil.

Heh, I see jmh123 beat me to it. :cryingwlaughter: Be afraid, be very afraid..... :eusa_whistle:

I'm just to thankful that my love of all things Clay Aiken hasn't led me to feel any entitlement to his choices in life.

Please, Please, Please, if I should ever post that I'm disappointed in some choice he's made - just hit me over the head and send for the men in the white jackets.

All I ever want from that man is for him to continue to sing to me, entertain me, keep getting gigs on TV so I can be grinning from ear to ear, trying new things that amuse him because they will then, for sure, amuse me, wearing cutting edge jeans (tight) and gorgeous designer suits and jackets with the casual elegance he exudes.....................and once, just once before I die............perhaps front row tickets....

:RedGuy:

Fuzzy Treasure Trails (originally created by Ansa): Peach Schnapps; Tequila; Orange Juice; and Sprite.

I wrote that one down and keep it by my computer.

What?

See, I think what gets me is that there's a NEED out there to blame someone for the tour announcement. Some are going to blame KLo; some will blame her manager or publicist; and heck, somehow Clay will probably get some blame too. (How did Ruben escape unscathed?) I just can't place blame on any one person though, for one big reason -- I just don't know how this all transpired. There are many reasonable possibilities, many of them already suggested on this board. And yeah, it could be KLo overstepped her boundaries. But unless I get to actually talk to either KLo or Clay in the next few years about this, I'll never know what happened. Therefore, no blame will come from me.

Instead, I choose once again to rejoice in Clay Aiken. He's such a fun boyfriend -- and he runs a good roller coaster.

Please, Please, Please, if I should ever post that I'm disappointed in some choice he's made - just hit me over the head and send for the men in the white jackets.

You want a dairy delivery guy to take you away?!?!?! *g* :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And :F_05BL17blowkiss: to both jmh and luckiest1, just 'cause.

Shit damn fuck hooray! Top of the page!

But hey! Look who added a cool Christmas emoticon to the clickables list!!! *dusts fingernails*

:XmasRed:

Is it possible...could it be even remotely possible that I would rather read the angsting, hair pulling posts over the "I knew it all along...thank you, thank you, thank you Clay, I knew I could trust you" shit?

Well, I was in that place hours ago - even worse than no Cluben is reading that crap.

I know that humor usually follows angst. But I miss the good old days when snark was directed at ourselves, not cheap shots at Clay's family and friends.

For the people who think he reads the boards, if he does - he reads ALL the shit.

Edited by djs111

You want a dairy delivery guy to take you away?!?!?! *g* :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, if this is one of the guys in the white coats, would that be so bad?

holygrail.jpg

whitesuit3.jpg

whitesuit2.jpg

Man, that back button is a wonderful thing. Ya type a post full of @#$%^&, read it, go "Ah, no" and then just delete that sucker. :imgtongue:

I personally would never hold Kim any more personally accountable for her press than I would hold Clay personally accountable for his (I mean how then would I hate Roger?!? /snerk)... or anyone else who speaks with the media.

The idea that she personally pushed this to the media doesn't work for me. At all. Nor does she likely personally update her myspace.

And that's why we're twins - at least most of the time.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm totally against any Kim bashing, but question how wise it is to post these articles on her myspace. However she'll have to deal with that.

Now back to that bottle of wine. :lilredani:

See above. I know Clay doesn't personally update his MySpace, so I doubt Kim does either.

Dear Claygasm wrote:

Agree - and IMO this DOES NOT sound one bit like Clay. He is a stubborn, stubborn man and I cannot see him beding that easily to the will of some OTT fans!

Bolding mine! Calling Dr. Freud! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ooops. Or maybe not....... :whistling-1:

I'm just to thankful that my love of all things Clay Aiken hasn't led me to feel any entitlement to his choices in life.

All I ever want from that man is for him to continue to sing to me, entertain me, keep getting gigs on TV so I can be grinning from ear to ear, trying new things that amuse him because they will then, for sure, amuse me, wearing cutting edge jeans (tight) and gorgeous designer suits and jackets with the casual elegance he exudes.....................and once, just once before I die............perhaps front row tickets....

I think its ok to be disappointed in choices Clay has and will make. I know I have been in the past, and am sure I will be again in the future. I think the difference lies in recognizing the fact that they are HIS choices to make - like them or not. It is HIS life and HIS career and he has to make choices based on what HE thinks is best for both. Not what I think is best - or what any other fan thinks is best. He has people in both his professional and personal life that he trusts and whose opinions he values. If he wants advise and feedback, he can go to them.

I think it is unreasonable to think any of us will agree with Clay 100% of the time. I doubt any of us agree with our loved ones in real life 100% of the time, but that doesn't change the fact we love them. If Clay does something I don't agree with, it is up to me to deal with it. I don't have the right to expect him to bow to my wants and needs (althought there are certain wants and needs I would like him to bow too..... B) ). And while I may express my displeasure on a message board, I HOPE I will never rant and rave and yell at Clay and expect him to change his plans to accommodate ME!

And if I ever do - please someone hit me!

How much do I love you guys?

Well...I was trying to catch up here while I'm waiting for someone to call me re: some work shit and you kept typing and I couldn't catch up and then I read that Clay had blogged a second time but I kept reading HERE until I caught up and now I'm here so I'm going to leave now to read his second blog.

But first...

That man needs a good fu...spanking for being so naughty. I'm ready to jump the dude right this minute and I mean it. :clap:

Fuzzy Treasure Trails (originally created by Ansa): Peach Schnapps; Tequila; Orange Juice; and Sprite.

I wrote that one down and keep it by my computer.

What?

See, I think what gets me is that there's a NEED out there to blame someone for the tour announcement. Some are going to blame KLo; some will blame her manager or publicist; and heck, somehow Clay will probably get some blame too. (How did Ruben escape unscathed?) I just can't place blame on any one person though, for one big reason -- I just don't know how this all transpired. There are many reasonable possibilities, many of them already suggested on this board. And yeah, it could be KLo overstepped her boundaries. But unless I get to actually talk to either KLo or Clay in the next few years about this, I'll never know what happened. Therefore, no blame will come from me.

Instead, I choose once again to rejoice in Clay Aiken. He's such a fun boyfriend -- and he runs a good roller coaster.

But hey! Look who added a cool Christmas emoticon to the clickables list!!! *dusts fingernails*

:XmasRed:

Cool, ldyj! Thanks for the fuzzy treasure trail ingredients, and for the fun Xmas Red emoticon.

/start of soap box/ You know, I think there are a lot of people who have to blame somebody for everything bad that happens. That's part of why the U.S. is so litigious - 'cuz people have the mindset that somebody's to blame and is gonna have to pay for every little bad thing. I think there's a lot of randomness in the world, and shit just happens sometimes with no rhyme or reason, with no one to blame. In some ways that's difficult to accept, because it means that we have less control. But you know, it's freeing, too, because then you don't have to be angry at and track down a bad guy for every little thing that goes wrong. /end of soap box/

This little guy is sooo cute! :XmasRed:

read his second blog and I still don't think I've managed to clean up my office chair yet... :blush: Damn, that man revs my engines... :Thud:

One little three-word line, especially, reminded me of his limo driver story "They WILL be locked!" :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, Clay....just give up. Admit that you can't live without me and let's make up for lost time. :hubbahubba:

I had forgotten I hadn't actually read his blog!! :cryingwlaughter:

But I have now. I am more convinced than ever that the first blog was written with absolutely NO intent on saying anything other than he LOVED Fantasia. It is a funny coincidence, though.

And the second blog squarely lays the blame on the media when he says it made its way to the media unauthorized. I am sure I am interpreting it through my filters, but to me it sounded like it was no more Kim's fault than his.

Now, how can I afford to see Fantasia in Color Purple????

I think its ok to be disappointed in choices Clay has and will make. I know I have been in the past, and am sure I will be again in the future. I think the difference lies in recognizing the fact that they are HIS choices to make - like them or not. It is HIS life and HIS career and he has to make choices based on what HE thinks is best for both. Not what I think is best - or what any other fan thinks is best. He has people in both his professional and personal life that he trusts and whose opinions he values. If he wants advise and feedback, he can go to them.

I think it is unreasonable to think any of us will agree with Clay 100% of the time. I doubt any of us agree with our loved ones in real life 100% of the time, but that doesn't change the fact we love them. If Clay does something I don't agree with, it is up to me to deal with it. I don't have the right to expect him to bow to my wants and needs (althought there are certain wants and needs I would like him to bow too..... B) ). And while I may express my displeasure on a message board, I HOPE I will never rant and rave and yell at Clay and expect him to change his plans to accommodate ME!

And if I ever do - please someone hit me!

Claygasm, you make several good points in this post. I really wish some of the fans could realize that not only are they HIS decisions to make, he is the one that has the most and the best information on which to base HIS decisions. I don't think there is one among us that feels we've never made a bad decision, but usually we only get second guessed by possibly a few people after we have actually made that bad decision. Unfortunately ,Clay gets second guessed by lots of know it all fans quite frequently when he hasn't even made a decision.

At one time I was proud of the power that I perceived that Clay's fans had and that they wanted to use it to support him. Now I'm disappointed in the power they think they have and that they seem to want to use it to control him. I know this is a small percentage of his fans, but man they are so vocal. I'm glad that Clay is a strong man.

I'll put Canuck's statement a different way, for me. If I get to the point that I am unhappy as a fan more than I'm happy, I hope I'll just go away quietly on my own, and no one has to hit me. :mellow:

Edited by atinal

In the hoopla and posthoing today -- I think most of missed neverlipsync's first post. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Hi and welcome!

Scarlett - you know, I've always loved you. For those that haven't met her, despite her evil inclinations once in a while, she is hte sweetest person ever. But I have also loved your posts the last few days. I feel like I'm getting to know you all over again. Can't wait for Xmas!!

Puddins Can't wait to meet you in Omaha!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Fuzzy treasure trails -- peach schnapps, tequilla, orange juice, sprite - measurements up to you heh

As Jenna believed - I do now believe that blog was pure serendipity as lilyshine called it. But damn if it didn't shine a brighter light on ugly.

Divayenta: Love you girl

Hmmm shall I yay for the Cliana? heee

lilyshine--Clay as an addiction ..love that for a chat question actually... I know I've displayed some addicted like behavior

Is it time to smash thesefourinchbig.jpg up yet and make weapons?

Play, BWAH!

*contemplates which pair of stilettos to prance in, and which lingerie to wear*

so we can't wear our Clay Xmas night shirt?

WOW Perusing One... those are great.

This portion of my post is brought to you by thread titles R Us

"don't go down to the basement!!!!!"

I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes...

Good Morning!!

I love that Clay Aiken dude!

There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!

Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.

Now back to the normal nuttiness. :lol:

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."