#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

I suppose it would be too much to hope some of the people who have been ranting and raving about how Clay doesn't care about his fans, his career, etc. and how they are giving up on him are choking to death on the crow feathers that are lodged in their throats.

I would have been thrilled with the reunion concert. However, I will be thrillled with whatever he does instead.

It's his career. He gets to choose.

Clay thrills me.

Bottom line.

Yep, yep..and now they loves him. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Until he does something they don't approve of (or a rumor surfaces that seems to say he might ) then away we go. I hope they saved the "his career is in the shitter" posts, that way they can copy and paste and save time for the next drama fest.

Tickets for the Omaha concert went on sale Monday morning for subscription members...I haven't heard anything about a pre-sale yet.

I'm really hoping that some of the more OTT fans take the opportunity to take a step back and look at their reactions to this story.

Unfortunately the OTT fans will never take a step back and look at any hand they've had in something getting out of control...it's always the same names...so predictable. And I don't mean fans that have legitimate concerns and or just have a different opinion, I mean the ones that live to fan the flames for any reason - at any time - on any subject.

Ok...been out for a few hours...came back to read the blog...haven;t read your post yeat since then but first I want to say...

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

to my girl JennaZ...she called it...oh and Couchie...and CG

I still want a cluben reunion...maybe as a guest appearance somewhere...I wuv the Cluben

I love him, how cute was that.

So did you all discuss this already???? what I want to know...Did he really not know about the rumor when he blogged about the Color purple and was deliberately teasing ??? or did he find out about it after checking the boards after blogging.

but how wonderfully generous he is to Fantasia...I want to see Fantasia now.

hey couchie maybe the color purple is a message he is goign to duet with Fantasia!!!!

ok now to read what you post ho's have been saying.

I'm just praying that some of the people who declared they were leaving the fandom over this supposed tour went ahead and left before the blog. (Oh, that we should be so lucky!)

SO I was cool ( & not surprised) if it really happened and I'm cool (& not surprised) that it isn't going to happen. Cuz at this point in my life there ain't a damn bit of anything that could really surprise me anymore. And...oh yes. I'm easy. Especially where Clay is concerned. Surprised?

Hee, nope! You speak for me too.

So did you all discuss this already???? what I want to know...Did he really not know about the rumor when he blogged about the Color purple and was deliberately teasing ??? or did he find out about it after checking the boards after blogging.

Well, because I'm evil and because I enjoy thinking that he was being a little shit, I'll go with "deliberately teasing". :cryingwlaughter:

Wow, CG, how long did it take you to compose all those quotes and replies? You're the queen of multiple-quote posting!!

It just takes A LOT of practice, Gibby!! The trick is trying to remember what you were going to say and why you quoted it to begin with!

I still wouldn't be surprised if it was his idea, originally, and after the fiasco the last couple of days, he changed his mind.

That really and truly would sadden me, disgust me, and come perilously close to being my burnt puppies.

I am not remotely interested in a Clay Aiken who bends to the will of some strident fans. Blargh.

Agree - and IMO this DOES NOT sound one bit like Clay. He is a stubborn, stubborn man and I cannot see him beding that easily to the will of some OTT fans!

As for Kim, no, I don't feel sorry for her.....She's an adult and knew exactly what she was doing and if she was really a friend of Clay's she could have nixed the whole possible tour angle. I wouldn't blame Clay if he is really pissed at her.

I think that is terribly unfair of you to say. We as Clay fans should know how easily the press can shape quotes to imply things the person interviewed never said. She may have just relayed a story that the 3 of them talked casually about maybe touring together one day. I could see the interviewer asking when and her saying "OMG, we would have to work things out with all our managers and schedules." She may have even snarkily added something like "That should mean we'll be touring this coming spring! HA HA!!" And the interviewer took it from there.

I just think its wrong of you or anyone else to put the blame on Kim. For all you know, she is upset and angry about the way it was written in Billboard - especially if she knows how Clay's fans were reacting. I think its unfair of you to decide they aren't really friends. You weren't at that interview. As far as I know you don't know Kim or Clay. We KNOW how the press can twist things, and misrepresent things.

Sorry if it seem like I am attacking you, but I just want to nip any Kim bashing in the bud here. I think its wrong and unfair and there are apparently plenty of boards where that would be welcomed. I just don't want to see it here (not that its my call to make, mind you.....)

JMO and all that.

FWIW, I have never been a huge Fantasia fan, but I have heard nothing but raves about her performance in "The Color Purple". If I could afford it, I would go in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, Broadway tickets can be a tad pricey.

I personally would never hold Kim any more personally accountable for her press than I would hold Clay personally accountable for his (I mean how then would I hate Roger?!? /snerk)... or anyone else who speaks with the media.

The idea that she personally pushed this to the media doesn't work for me. At all. Nor does she likely personally update her myspace.

I love that pirate emoticon!

Hey, woo.... that Man as Advice Columnist joke you posted on CV today was hilarious, especially at the exact time you posted it. LOL! Clay blogging about Fanty in the middle of a shitstorm on the OFC cracked me the hell up. And that joke was perfect! :lol: Typical clueless guy. Hee.

I'm totally against any Kim bashing, but question how wise it is to post these articles on her myspace. However she'll have to deal with that.

Now back to that bottle of wine. :lilredani:

I too, really hate to see Kim get bashed over this. I don't think we really know when the interview took place, do we? Sometimes these things happen weeks before they actually go to print, and maybe the interview took place relatively close to the time that she "floated the idea". Who knows, but I do find it sad that some in the fandom always need someone to blame. I think if Clay is unhappy with Kim for speaking to Billboard about it, he'll probably tell her. JMO

Oddly enough, I feel badly for Kim. I imagine she was really wanted it and not just for selfish reasons.

...I just wish he did not have to say it so forcefully, it really made me sad.

Yeah, I think she did want it. And maybe his "rumination" was enough to make her think it was genuine possibility. I doubt there was any malevolent intention involved. At most, there may have been a misunderstanding as to how much Clay agreed with the concept. He may have said, "Maybe," and shrugged off the idea without telling her. She might have taken that as serious consideration, or even consent.

I definitely don't think made up his mind based on the last two days. Who even knows when this interview happened. Maybe when he was ruminating and it was a fresh idea to all of them. And she probably has as much edit control as Clay in every article written about him. Her only issue was mentioning it in the first place but it had enough hopefullys in it to choke a horse.

Very true. She probably expressed a hope to tour with Ruben and Clay, and the Billboard writer took it as more certain than it was. Or what Claygasm, said.

Personally, I think Clay makes most of his decisions based on what he thinks is best for him, with less reliance on fan feedback than people think. That's why I tend to doubt that he monitors the fandom very closely. I'm not saying he's insensitive to fan opinion. I simply suspect that we're not the center of his world--as it should be. Ansa, I believe he had no clue about the angst until he saw the responses to his Fantasia blog.

I do know people who have seen Fantasia in "The Color Purple," and they have raved about her. We know Clay likes to watch musicals, so it should come as no shock that he'd see this one, just as he saw Diana DeGarmo and Vanessa Olivarez in "Hairspray."

Thigh Time.

Yup, those are some "thighs dripping with character" for sure! :Thud:

And the calf ain't half-bad either!

Whoa- I'm on top! As a newbie, I'm still not sure if I should be thrilled or disgusted by this situation. (Now, if I was on top of Clay, I know EXACTLY how- and WHAT- I'd be feeling!) :DoClay:

Edited by laljeterfan

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I haven't stopped laughing since I got home. I had no idea he had blogged earlier and sent Claynation pouring all their koolaid down the drain - still haven't read that little beauty - but I did read the last one!! Ohhhhhhhh I've always LOVED "pissy Clay"!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Poor Clay = I want to give him a kiss and make him all better! :)

So!!!!!! I wonder what he's up to and what he's planning since he has all Spring free now!!??? :cryingwlaughter:

Oh God! I almost peed myself when I read that blog!!! Too funny!!!

Personally, I think Clay makes most of his decisions based on what he thinks is best for him, with less reliance on fan feedback than people think. That's why I tend to doubt that he monitors the fandom very closely. I'm not saying he's insensitive to fan opinion. I simply suspect that we're not the center of his world--as it should be. Ansa, I believe he had no clue about the angst until he saw the responses to his Fantasia blog.

Yep. I don't for one minute think that Clay keeps up with the fanclub message board on a regular basis. I think he popped in because it had been awhile and he thought he had something interesting to talk about. I also don't think he googles himself.

What? :RedGuy:

Edited by jamar1700

Is it possible...could it be even remotely possible that I would rather read the angsting, hair pulling posts over the "I knew it all along...thank you, thank you, thank you Clay, I knew I could trust you" shit?

Shoot me now. :scream:

Pass the bullets.

Thigh Time.

Yup, those are some "thighs dripping with character" for sure! :Thud:

And the calf ain't half-bad either!

Whoa- I'm on top! As a newbie, I'm still not sure if I should be thrilled or disgusted by this situation. (Now, if I was on top of Clay, I know EXACTLY how- and WHAT- I'd be feeling!) :DoClay:

And you are on top--of the calf, no less!!! Now don't start humping it like a dog. We don't smut here.

Is it possible...could it be even remotely possible that I would rather read the angsting, hair pulling posts over the "I knew it all along...thank you, thank you, thank you Clay, I knew I could trust you" shit?

Pass the bullets.

I have to rein myself in because I so wanted to tell some people that instead of the thank you thank you , they really should be saying sorry sorry. Seems I am not alone in that.

Pass the bullets.

I have to rein myself in because I so wanted to tell some people that instead of the thank you thank you , they really should be saying sorry sorry. Seems I am not alone in that.

Yeah, you better keep that thought here. I've been moderated into oblivion for expressing that thought elsewhere. *shrug*