#16 Veins flowing with personality, thighs dripping with character.

Couch Tomato

Next thread title poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Do you ever get the idea that people who declared to love Clay unconditionally, have conditions?
    • Thing is, you can't live someone else's life for them. You only get your own.
    • Oh, the humanity!
    • being yourself is the coolest thing you can do.
    • Cool melts in the warmth of anything real.
    • Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!
    • CLAY SERVED UP WITH SOME CHOCOLATE AND JELLO.
    • "Harder! Harder! Faster! Faster!" "Gimmee more!"
    • It was so much more simple when it was only about love.
    • You can't legislate intelligence
    • One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle
    • I hope he's counting and nibbling on his toes
    • Good Morning!! I love that Clay Aiken dude!
    • There is something excruciatingly and wonderfully manly about that man---yet all the while painfully gentle and tender.
    • I'm confused and concerned, Clay...BLOG ME!
    • Whew, it is over. That was DECON 5 averted big time.
    • Now back to the normal nuttiness. laugh.gif
    • "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Apologies for the delay. Baby sis and I live together and she got home from her day about 10:30. I mentioned I noticed a musty smell near the loveseat. We dug around and pinpointed that there's some water leak in the laundry room (adjoining walls). So, had to move some carpet rolls in the garage (same adjoining wall) and some other stuff to check it out. Just now back.

At West Palm Beach, it turned out my camera settings were wrong all night long, so exposures were quite off. Had to play around a lot with the images to get them to a usable form. So, lots of artsy-fartsy stuff from WPB, but that's fun too! Album is HERE, but still very much a work in progress. Not much from the second half is in it yet. Hope you enjoy! He's just gorgeous.

:DoClay::XmasRed:

191139340-L.jpg

191139641-L.jpg

191139411-L.jpg

191139829-L.jpg

191139697-L.jpg

love the strength of those hands...

191139881-L.jpg

hair and lashes - GAH

191139921-L.jpg

not sharply focused or properly exposed, but there's just something I love about this image

191139970-L.jpg

just like the feel of this, in the sepia tone - it feels special, and it was

191140525-L.jpg

191140720-L.jpg

he's so beautiful

Edited by AnAmeraikenInTX

Wow. The eHp has made me a very happy camper this evening ... first with Perusing One's fantastic pictures from Ft. Myers, and then I discover Scarlett's West Palm Beach clack is up!!! I love the West Palm Beach VOX so very, very much. The best version ever of ATD. And TOA. And WY. And RHW. Just all of it is best.voice.ever for me. He amazes me.

Scarlett ... you're my GIRL!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited to include MOAM. Oh God, how could I have forgotten to mention MOAM?!?!?!?

Edited by keepingfaith

AAIT I just LOVE your artsy-fartsy stuff!!! So cool!

I was wondering where you went after promising us some pretties! Sorry about the leak! grrr!! But those beauties were worth waiting up for!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

WooHoo! for Scarlett's WPB Clack!!!

:XmasRed:

I'm home. One beer and a little bit of chit chat with the hubby and Daughter #1 and now I'm off to bed finally, But I'm soooooo glad I popped in here first...

AAIT! :F_05BL17blowkiss: Love the sepia shit....I think the last one's my favorite...I realized I was doing my mouth the way his is in that pic! :cryingwlaughter:

And with that fantasy, I bid you all good night!

Oh...I was thinking on the bus on the way home just how much I love this place.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to Couchie and Ansa for making it and the rest of you for keeping it real. :allgood:

Thanks, muski! Get some rest. You had one long day.

I know I probably shouldn't post two posts right together when I could edit this comment into the earlier one, but I wanna see if I'm now a body guard!!!!!!!!!! BRB!!

ETA: Hmmm. Well. Maybe it's after 50, like at 51. Which is soon, actually, in more ways than post count! Guess I'll fnd out tomorrow when I make some other useless post!!

Good night!! Sweet dreams! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks, muski! Get some rest. You had one long day.

I know I probably shouldn't post two posts right together when I could edit this comment into the earlier one, but I wanna see if I'm now a body guard!!!!!!!!!! BRB!!

ETA: Hmmm. Well. Maybe it's after 50, like at 51. Which is soon, actually, in more ways than post count! Guess I'll fnd out tomorrow when I make some other useless post!!

Good night!! Sweet dreams! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:cryingwlaughter: I didn't know what you were talking about!! I was waiting for some funny avi - but then I went and discovered I'm a "BODYGUARD!!!!

:blush: And I promised when I joined here that I wouldn't be a post-ho!! I guess there's no tiger changing stripes!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

eta: or is that "leopard"????

I'm sure it's not "elephant"

How's this for a useless post??? Hee!

Edited by canuck2010

:cryingwlaughter: I didn't know what you were talking about!! I was waiting for some funny avi - but then I went and discovered I'm a "BODYGUARD!!!!

:blush: And I promised when I joined here that I wouldn't be a post-ho!! I guess there's no tiger changing stripes!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Cool! One last check before bed. And something to reply to. Useless post made. It's already tomorrow, after all! Congrats, canuck! I'll know in a sec if I'm right there with you or not. If so, oh honey, we could get in some trouble with this!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhh, that it were so! (Remembering the sighting of a certain tour bus in the San Diego parking lot........)

ETA: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Dog walkin' in good, but body guardin' is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Cool! One last check before bed. And something to reply to. Useless post made. It's already tomorrow, after all! Congrats, canuck! I'll know in a sec if I'm right there with you or not. If so, oh honey, we could get in some trouble with this!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhh, that it were so! (Remembering the sighting of a certain tour bus in the San Diego parking lot........)

ETA: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Dog walkin' in good, but body guardin' is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

WooHoo!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

jmh, thank you so much for the links... just the thing for an insomniac...

KarenEh, please tell your cohorts that their and your work is greatly appreciated and enjoyed!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm going to try to sleep now...

Yup - and they are talking about is as FACT!!

I'm sorry but this CMSU. :cryingwlaughter:

Someone accidentally linked this article to me today in an e-mail, http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/clay-ai...d-wins-1836.php. There are a lot of quotes from the Time article, and some fannish sounding stuff, but also some thoughts I found really interesting, like the Aretha comments. I was surprised how different the Time quotes sound to me now. When I think about this and the Classics banter, "So that's how you get on the radio, you sing about butts," when I compare the MTV show the other night with Clay's shows, then I see that it's really the same dilemma and there was nothing veiled about it then. Clay won. "Put some balls into it," says Clive. I can just see him saying it. And not recognizing that there's somewhere between "balls" and Manilow. This time Clay didn't win, but he still put himself into both the album and the tour, and I was impressed. I would never doubt for a minute that he could sell 100% Velveeta and enjoy doing it, but I think he also likes a challenge and likes to learn. He may not be introspective, but he is complex and a mature thinker. I don't think anyone needs to worry about him sacrificing art.

But the man loves his friends and he really doesn't want to be as big a star as some of his fans want him to be, and he does love him some cheese and glory noting and some more cheese. He was discovered on American Idol, Hometown Connection was his baby, he wrote (and I loved) the JNT05 story--this is who he is. I wish people would stop being afraid that he is who he is, and the kind of art he relates to, but give him a little credit too. I wish people would realize he is smarter and more knowledgeable about his own career than 99.5% of his fans, and just relax, get out of the management biz and settle down for a long and varied and entertaining decades long career. Sure it's fine to speculate about things, but it isn't fine to have a fricken collective existential meltdown over a piece of unverified, and, it turns out, false information.

And it isn't fine to then turn around and malign Kim Locke. No one knows what role she had in this either.

Thanks for the link. That was a really interesting read, especially after all this time and all that has happened. I so agree with you.

Hmm - does anyone think that this fandom must have the messiest hair and the worst makeup in fandom - you know, because people never seem to look in mirrors, especially when assigning guilt.

Hee, another post that made me laugh. That's what I love about this place - the laughs, and the pretties. Now I am going to queue up Scarlett's clack so that it will be ready to watch when I get home from work tonight. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hmm - does anyone think that this fandom must have the messiest hair and the worst makeup in fandom - you know, because people never seem to look in mirrors, especially when assigning guilt.

*puts on choir robe and shouts 'Amen!'*

Honestly, if I knew all I had to do to get the man to blog is leave my computer for a few hours I would have done it sooner. :P

I happen to have a very smart boyfriend, don't you think? I hope he is having him some great fun in NYC. Wish he would have invited me to go with him. *sniff*

Couchie, your posts are brilliant, as are many here.

I'm so easy. The man walks out on stage and I smile. He opens his mouth to sing and I feel joy. He opens his mouth to talk and I really try to listen....which is hard as hell because the guy talks a mile a minute.

I wish for those who were truly sad about this whole thing to feel better now. I wish for those who thought this collaboration could have been a rather interesting experience, some R&B and some blue eyed soul down the road somewhere, and I wish that all the people in Clay Nation who want to run Clay's life and are sure they know what's best for the man to shut the hell up now.

editing to say...Thank you for all the beauty, all the Clack, all the photos...agh! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

AAIT, that sepia one is beautiful!...as are the others....wonky setting or not

Edited by laughn

Is it possible...could it be even remotely possible that I would rather read the angsting, hair pulling posts over the "I knew it all along...thank you, thank you, thank you Clay, I knew I could trust you" shit?

Shoot me now. :scream:

Pass the bullets.

I have to rein myself in because I so wanted to tell some people that instead of the thank you thank you , they really should be saying sorry sorry. Seems I am not alone in that.

you are not alone in that...you have no idea how many posts I had typed and deleted without posting about that very thing..

I go to bed early and you guys party all night.

Someone accidentally linked this article to me today in an e-mail, http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/clay-ai...d-wins-1836.php. There are a lot of quotes from the Time article, and some fannish sounding stuff, but also some thoughts I found really interesting, like the Aretha comments. I was surprised how different the Time quotes sound to me now. When I think about this and the Classics banter, "So that's how you get on the radio, you sing about butts," when I compare the MTV show the other night with Clay's shows, then I see that it's really the same dilemma and there was nothing veiled about it then. Clay won. "Put some balls into it," says Clive. I can just see him saying it. And not recognizing that there's somewhere between "balls" and Manilow. This time Clay didn't win, but he still put himself into both the album and the tour, and I was impressed. I would never doubt for a minute that he could sell 100% Velveeta and enjoy doing it, but I think he also likes a challenge and likes to learn. He may not be introspective, but he is complex and a mature thinker. I don't think anyone needs to worry about him sacrificing art.

But the man loves his friends and he really doesn't want to be as big a star as some of his fans want him to be, and he does love him some cheese and glory noting and some more cheese. He was discovered on American Idol, Hometown Connection was his baby, he wrote (and I loved) the JNT05 story--this is who he is. I wish people would stop being afraid that he is who he is, and the kind of art he relates to, but give him a little credit too. I wish people would realize he is smarter and more knowledgeable about his own career than 99.5% of his fans, and just relax, get out of the management biz and settle down for a long and varied and entertaining decades long career. Sure it's fine to speculate about things, but it isn't fine to have a fricken collective existential meltdown over a piece of unverified, and, it turns out, false information.

And it isn't fine to then turn around and malign Kim Locke. No one knows what role she had in this either.

I agree with this except:

I don't really know if he wants to be a big star but I do think he won't sacrifice his principles for it and I really dislike cheese as a description of his music since I also like James Taylor and Johnnie Mathis who might also be described as such. However I never really liked Lawrence Welk and his show so maybe I'm not as sappy as I thought.

AnAmeraikeninTexas, your worst pictures are so much better than my best. Perusingone, more great pictures.

Hope you all have a great day today! :allgood:

Good Morning All,

44 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

55 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

75 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

101 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

104 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

But the man loves his friends and he really doesn't want to be as big a star as some of his fans want him to be, and he does love him some cheese and glory noting and some more cheese. He was discovered on American Idol, Hometown Connection was his baby, he wrote (and I loved) the JNT05 story--this is who he is. I wish people would stop being afraid that he is who he is, and the kind of art he relates to, but give him a little credit too. I wish people would realize he is smarter and more knowledgeable about his own career than 99.5% of his fans, and just relax, get out of the management biz and settle down for a long and varied and entertaining decades long career.

I somehow missed this last night. I bolded some stuff but could have bolded it all. I've often thought that Clay just isn't cool enough for some of his fans and that it bugs the crap out of them.

Reminds me of friend I have who is always copying recipes out of cookbooks to give to me. Uh...I hate to cook. I do love to eat but I'm way too lazy to get enjoyment out of spending my spare time making a mess that I'll just have to clean up later and oh yeah, I also live alone. And I HATE to cook. This person has known me for 20 years and she knows I hate to cook. She loves to cook and of course thinks that I just need the right recipes and viola! I will discover that I too love to cook and then we will happily chat about cooking and share more recipes and trade spices and plan outings to Williams Sonoma or whatever people who love to cook do. If I say I like her shrimp dish she will go on and on about how easy it is to make and force the recipe on me in 5 seconds flat. No matter how I respond she'll argue with me. I've tried to just throw them away when she doesn't see but then she quizzes me about them later, you know? So I finally told her to stop trying to make me into something that I'm not. That we could be friends without sharing some great passion. She was really hurt. But she hasn't given me a recipe since and we are still, in fact, friends.

One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle.* Somehow I think he knows all about the sacrifices you make when you try to be someone that your not.

Anywho. Just my 2 cents.

eta...and was I the only one that got sort of a "get a grip" vibe from that second blog? In secret code perhaps? *g*

Oh yes and this...

:XmasRed:

*yes I know...swimming analogy/Clay ... bad. I still like it.

Edited by jamar1700

I suppose it would be too much to hope some of the people who have been ranting and raving about how Clay doesn't care about his fans, his career, etc. and how they are giving up on him are choking to death on the crow feathers that are lodged in their throats.

I would have been thrilled with the reunion concert. However, I will be thrillled with whatever he does instead.

It's his career. He gets to choose.

Clay thrills me.

Bottom line.

Nodding....me too.

One of the things I admire about Clay is his ability to keep on doing the backstroke while everyone else is in the 500m Freestyle

Love the analogy!

Well, I'm crying a small, silent, selfish little tear over here for the lost green-eyed soul tour....but hey, I'm easy! I'll love whatever Clay ends up doing next Spring.

BUT for those of us who would lOVE to see Fantasia in NYC but don't have Clay's budget....can we ask him if he brought us back Fack??

PS to Kareneh...I had forgotten you were here!...hope your trip back to Houston (one of my favorite cities) was a good one...and you know, seriously??...we probably passed one another on the highway to the airport! Now, how cool is that?? small things..

All my stress over getting lost in downtown Halifax worked out fine...I had GPS AND good directions...and once I got from the area that is new, that GPS and mapquest knows not...I got to the hotel with no problem.

Off to work!

Hello FCA!

I am so glad that Clay got the blogging fever yesterday and blogged us twice! It was good for me.

I didn't realize how much stress I was holding in over the whole rumor until he blogged the second time and then it all released itself.

I was waiting on some kind of "official" word from Clay's camp before I decided if I would actually go or not. I like Rube and have always loved the way his voice and Clay's voice blend. I've actually wished they would sing together again, but I wasn't sure a tour was what I wanted. And then, just the speculation of it had me worried (on assumption) that something was tying up the new CD. :scream:

I was disappointed with ClayNation and the back and forth on the concert issue, from both sides. I really just don't understand why anyone tries to debate the issue. Its just a circle game. But I know that not everyone feels like that and must debate or feel heard or whatever ... so I just try and stay out, once I posted my opinion, of course. :eusa_whistle:

Nevertheless, after the blogging ... I'm feeling much better. But I guess I was worked up (it was him using that word ruminate as well as his stand up statement of "I will not." Hawt!) ... had to come here and look at all those perfect pecker pics from the last thread. *sigh*

I saw the thread title and was :clap: I used those words with some purty pics in the last thread and then noticed that cha cha trusty put them in title form. Thank you cha cha trusty. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I just love it. Cuz after the voice, its all about the personality and the character ... um, right?

I think I had something else to say ... but I have forgotten and have to go walk the dog now.