# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

And jmh, I never forget Don Henley.

My favorite was always Glenn Frey. Hope that's not blasphemy. I see he's not from Texas, but I've always thought of the Eagles as a Texas band. I love Don too, especially for his mind--I love 'em all. Have sung along to their music on many a road trip. New album soon--YAY!!

Another Eagles lover here. jmh, I too sing along with them on road trips. When it's just me, I sing along with Clay, but if dh and I are on a road trip together it's the Eagle's, he likes them too. I just intersperse some Clay in with other things that we listen to when we are together.

Like Muski, I've been reliving the DCAT or SRHPT tour since last night. I'm just listening to audio. It's a compilation put together by Dancermom at CV. I like it really well. The sound is very even and she's done a nice job of fading from one song to the next. It is great reminder of why I'm still here. To use one of Clay's terms, he just blew the crap out of those songs. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face. Today I have the house to myself for a little while, that doesn't happen much anymore, so I'm listening to it on my home cd player, it sounds great.

I've loved everyone's pics of their pets.

Just wanted to correct that the compilation at CV was put together by ClayIzzaQT. Dancermom2 posted the clack alert once it was vaulted. I downloaded but have not had a chance to listen yet.

I don't have any doggies or kitties or guinea pigs. :cry4: If I did, I'd post a picture. :D

Going to see Hairspray this evening with my 2 dds. Touring company.

Just wanted to correct that the compilation at CV was put together by ClayIzzaQT. Dancermom2 posted the clack alert once it was vaulted. I downloaded but have not had a chance to listen yet.

Thanks, I was just coming to post that!

Have fun at HairSpray!

Claygary, you must have great memories of your experiences during those three years! The picture is great. You're beautiful! How did you manage to keep your hair on top of your head without the wind blowing it down? :)

:cryingwlaughter: Copious hairspray!! You could knock on it! :cryingwlaughter: And thanks so much, but there has never been a moment in my life where I was beautiful! :cryingwlaughter:

Hey, Lori!

Switch that BeeHive to a crew cut and it's ALL YOU!!!

And, yes, I can see you dancin' your little butt off! You're still a cute ball of energy! :)

Here's a bit (hee!) more recent one...

WFI.jpg

Awwww what a great picture...hee the hair is something else...

Isn't it though?? I was coooooool, man! :cryingwlaughter:

My favorite was always Glenn Frey. Hope that's not blasphemy. I see he's not from Texas, but I've always thought of the Eagles as a Texas band. I love Don too, especially for his mind--I love 'em all. Have sung along to their music on many a road trip. New album soon--YAY!!

Another Eagles lover here. jmh, I too sing along with them on road trips. When it's just me, I sing along with Clay, but if dh and I are on a road trip together it's the Eagle's, he likes them too. I just intersperse some Clay in with other things that we listen to when we are together.

Like Muski, I've been reliving the DCAT or SRHPT tour since last night. I'm just listening to audio. It's a compilation put together by Dancermom at CV. I like it really well. The sound is very even and she's done a nice job of fading from one song to the next. It is great reminder of why I'm still here. To use one of Clay's terms, he just blew the crap out of those songs. I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face. Today I have the house to myself for a little while, that doesn't happen much anymore, so I'm listening to it on my home cd player, it sounds great.

I've loved everyone's pics of their pets.

I don't have any doggies or kitties or guinea pigs. :cry4: If I did, I'd post a picture. :D

Going to see Hairspray this evening with my 2 dds. Touring company.

Thanks, keldanker didn't mean to credit the wrong person, it was pretty late (early this am) when I found dancermom's post, I guess I misread it. Anyway, ClayIzzaQT's compilation is very good, I haven't had the chance to put my own together from our recommendations here yet, so when I saw this was already complete I jumped on it.

Wow, you're packing for Vegas already? I have soooo many things to get through before Vegas - working lots of shifts at the hospital, playing in a concert, playing for two days of choir contests, and helping a student make recordings for college auditions. And, of course, being a Mom and taxi driver, too! I think I'll probably throw some stuff in the suitcase a day before Vegas.

Ummm, hee, yeah. :blush: I just find that, for the kind of reasons you mention above (i.e. life with kids) it's helpful if I start throwing stuff in a suitcase now. Like printed tickets, confirmations, reservations, etc. And clean clothes. Then when the time comes around, I don't have to worry about forgetting my reservations, and all my clothes being dirty. :cryingwlaughter:

Not a bad idea! Speaking of clothes for Vegas - does anybody know what the usual temperature is there this time of year?

FromClaygary, thanks for sharing your memories and pictures with us. That's so cool about being on a show similar to Bandstand! And my sister can identify with the hair! (I'm WAY younger than my sister. *g*)

jmh, that YouTube clip is hysterical! They did a great job of "play acting" the song, and it is funny watching the guy trying to not be affected by the song...and yet he was. Heh.

Time for AIR around here!

Watching Rewind and I am so confused....they are letting people through who I think have awful voices and saying no to people who I think have good voices...now I know why I hate this show!

But Clay is adorable as usual!

Kim

ETA: a picture from the summer before the era above: :cryingwlaughter: From left to right my sister, her boyfriend, and me in 1963.

Gr12grad1963.jpg

OMG, FromClaygary, I have a picture of myself from 1969 in the exact same hair. It was a fake piece you hairpined on and hairsparyed extensively. :lmaosmiley-1: That brought back memories!

On Vegas... it's going to be pretty warm, cold at night. However, for the taping, remember it's Christmas and in a skating rink, so I'm packing a warm red sweater/black slacks to wear for the taping. Otherwise, layers work great. Jeans/slacks, short sleeve shirt/t, then lightweigt sweater/jacket. It'll be at least in the 80s during the day, 20-30 degrees cooler at night. Check weather.com tho, cause things change rapidly out in this neck of the woods.

On Rewind, I wish Vanessa had said what she is doing now. I always liked her!

On Vegas... it's going to be pretty warm, cold at night. However, for the taping, remember it's Christmas and in a skating rink, so I'm packing a warm red sweater/black slacks to wear for the taping. Otherwise, layers work great. Jeans/slacks, short sleeve shirt/t, then lightweigt sweater/jacket. It'll be at least in the 80s during the day, 20-30 degrees cooler at night. Check weather.com tho, cause things change rapidly out in this neck of the woods.

Thanks! That's what I thought the temperature range would be, but wondered if anyone had more info. I'll check the extended forecast a couple days before my flight. Wheeeeee! I'm starting to get excited!! I'm really looking forward to meeting the FCA members who are going!

Hi everybody! Don't know if anyone here has been listening to my radio station, but you may have noticed that I have been taking a break from Rose Radio for a bit. However, I decided to go back to work on it this weekend and have added quite a few new songs. You can read more about it here. Enjoy!

:me0:

Hi everybody! Don't know if anyone here has been listening to my radio station, but you may have noticed that I have been taking a break from Rose Radio for a bit. However, I decided to go back to work on it this weekend and have added quite a few new songs. You can read more about it here. Enjoy!

:me0:

I was just thinking about you! Glad you're back to your radio station and hope you are well.

Hugs out to everybody who needs them. Scarlett, don't know what's up but I'm squeezing you tight.

Keep your fingers crossed..may have found myself one of those remote sit on your ass at home and make money jobs I've always heard so much about but never found. I should know by tomorrow.

Come on Cleveland!!

Keep your fingers crossed..may have found myself one of those remote sit on your ass at home and make money jobs I've always heard so much about but never found. I should know by tomorrow.

Are you going to tell us more details????? I HAVE one of those kinds of jobs (writing), and I don't care what anyone tells you about working from home, it's WAY better than working someplace else. At least you can work with your feet up and snacking (which explains why I'm on a diet.)

I love them all. I always felt that even though Frey and Henley were from Michigan and Texas, the Eagles were a California band. Creedence had that Southern swamp sound, but were all California.

And BC, Creedence was big in the mix of my road trip favorites, guaranteed to have me hopping in my seat. Elton John was the one I sang along with. That stuff has been on the shelf for a while now.

I've been listening heavily to ATDW lately. And I have fallen hopelessly, madly, in love with A Thousand Days. I've always loved it -- but now I have to hear it every day, with feeling, loud and intense. It's amazing how my appreciation of that song has mushroomed. I just came from dinner with my parents and blasted ATDW all the way home. A Thousand Days caused me to hit repeat twice in a row. I'm starting to crave it. I've burned cuts of the song from the tour and listened to those and love the change-ups Clay was doing near the end of the tour; but, for some reason it's the studio cut I can't get enough of. His voice just kills me.

Hello and good night! This is my first time on the boards all day and it's 9:30 pm! Double header softball game this morning, long ride back in time to take the other one to her soccer game on a field right next to the water. Alex's team got so far ahead that I started watching the sailboats go by instead of the players on the field. One boat sailed by with a blue spinnaker with CAL on it in gold letters! cool..(That's University of California, Berkeley, for those not familiar!)

Spent some time tonight at some friends' house and our trip to NYC came up. Someone questioned Kenny going all the way to NYC to see CLAY! He said, "I'm not specifically going to see CLay, but you have to understand---I'm crazy about Monty Python and she's crazy about Clay, so it makes sense to me!"

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Later, friends!

In honor of the performance to come this week I just watched the Solitaire montage that includes his two AI performances and Neil's comments about the song both when he first performed it and later when it went to #1, followed by luckiest1&goldarngirl productions AC Best of Solitaire. Damn I wish it were gonna be on TV. What I noticed is that each time he performs the song he brings something new to it. The difference between AI2 Solitaire (which by the way was hawt y'all) and AI3 is striking. Then there was NAT Solitaire--the encore, the platform, the wail--followed by JBT Solitaire, almost at the beginning of the show, with the pronounced facial movements that signalled to me he was really working on his sound, trying to restrain it and shape it. Wonder what he'll do for Sedaka's 50th?? Betcha he's consulting with various folks about his performance and what to do with it to make it fresh this time. Maybe we'll get a bit of feel for the sound of the new album from this performance since he's recording at the moment. It's a NYC performance, a sort of re-debut there in advance of Spamalot, so you know he's going to want to knock it out of the park. How will the song be arranged? What musicians will he have? Will he have Jesse and Sean? Quiana and Angela? Or will it be just him alone on the stage as on AI2? I wish I could be there.

Luckiest1&goldarngirl--good stuff, really nice work. Just excellent. I'm clearing room on my hard drive so I can download the rest.

Thanks v. much for the hugs! They really meant a lot to me. (and I apologize in advance for the following rant, scroll pls)

My problem was that I spent most of the week on audio calls with completely new people from all over and (as many of you can confirm) the trouble is that I sound like a high school kid on the phone. Not even just a high school kid, a freshman. Or a middle schooler. Even the yarn people I order stuff from keep trying to double-check to make sure I'm not some little girl using her mom's credit card.

So this entire week apart from the pile of research, background work, drafting & editing presentations and the ridiculous hours to find common time with both Singapore and Budapest (eep!), it seemed like everywhere I turned I faced a wall of disbelief. People spent most of our meeting times just trying to find out if I really knew what I was supposed to know, if I was who I claimed to be and whether or not I was really going to provide value to their precious projects.

And while I may be the happiest little frog in the world when I'm hopping about on a lily pod outside, being pinned down under bright lights is really the most annoying thing in the world.

Yes, I accept that I should show some patience because I'm sort of breaking ground here; a lot of people still don't expect to meet techie people from the Philippines. At least nowadays, when I walk into a room people usually don't pause to wonder if I'm there to clean it or make a presentation but this week it felt like the last 12 years of solid work got chucked out the window. I guess people do live for the moment after all. (btw, this doesn't bode well for the career model that I and the rest of FCA picture for that guy up there)

I should've known it would be a difficult week when the most open person I dealt with was some creep from LA who said "I don't think you've got what I need but since Clay Aiken's going downhill anyway, I'll take a chance." (Background: he was expecting a guy and so my contact forewarned him that not only was I a girl, but I was a big Clay Aiken fan too). This happened on the day before the Spamalot news broke -- I didn't care to check back to see what he thinks now.

/endrant (gasps for breath)

Whew! Sorry. I know that was off-topic. I really need a new job!

ps. I still have a ton of work and am seriously about to toss Sedaka; will decide by Wednesday morning. If anyone's interested in my ticket PM me before then. Thx!

pps. Luvya, FCA!

Scarlett, I can relate on many levels, even though not the ethnic one. Being female, being small, doing a job that people don't expect someone who looks like me to be doing, being continually condescended to by people. GRRRRRR. I can only imagine the extra wallop of yet another social barrier to transcend.

Fuck 'em--you're better than any 10 of them put together!!! Sic us Claymates on 'em and there won't be anything left bigger than a toothpick. Heh. We'll be like Aiken's maenads.

Rant away Scarlett...I'm sure most of us can relate one way or the other. Maybe I'll chat about my life altering experience in the job thread. Hmmm I think we have a job thread. hee. Anyway, I've been semi looking for work for a few months and I really like my current job but charity days are over. :money:Wandacleo...yep if things pan out tomorrow I'll give more info..well even if they don't pan out.

I think I'll go watch Clay for awhile before I go to bed. I feel like laughing. And he's funnier than most comedians to me.

Eh. Funny the talk is turning to jobs this morning. It's been on my mind all weekend. This will be my last week in the job I've had for 10 years. My transfer will be complete next Monday. I've been going downtown one day a week for 4 mos so it isn't like I'll be walking in cold but still....I'm a bit skeered apprehensive.

---

Hee. Two things came in the Branch Library Interoffice Paper Parade last week. They often send us posters for upcoming local events. We're a small library and we're short on space for that sort of thing so mostly they just sit around until they are over and we throw them away. Well one was for the touring production of Spamalot that will be here next month.

And one was for a certain Christmas show. :flirtysmile3:

That one...may just leave the building with me. But I'm sorta torn about that. I'd hate for it not to be displayed somewhere but seriously doubt it will be displayed at all and would hate worse to just have it tossed when I won't be around to rescue it. And there ARE 10 other branches it will be displayed at.

Hmmm. What to do, what to do? :whistling-1:

---

While looking for the whistling smiley ^^^ I found a couple of newbies I'm partial to.

:givemebeer: :4: :givemebeer: :4: :givemebeer: :4: :givemebeer: :4:

Thanks couchie! Thats my summer in a nutshell.

*damn redsox...had to turn if off the other night when they brought up the legend of the bloody sock...I suppose we'll get to hear about it aGAIN in the WS now...*