# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

The one thing tha I am always amazed at is the acheivements of the woman fans here and on other boards - there has to be some statistical anomoly here.

I do believe you're right, I noticed from the start that for whatever reason Clay appeals to above-average intelligent, successful, powerful-type women. I bet if someone were to do a poll among Clay fans they would find that the number of women holding higher paying jobs and advanced degrees is far above that of the national average. Why? 'Cuz Clay is the thinking woman's heart throb!

That being said.....I still wanna do him six ways from Sunday.

:hubbahubba:

That's one of the reasons I've always thought Clay might end up with a woman a bit older than he is---not that there aren't independent, accomplished, interesting, witty, intelligent, good-hearted women his own age, of course---just that his own soul seems somehow older and calmer than many his age...

He needs me, for example. :pinkhandcuffsf::lipstick: :17f71c4d:

The one thing tha I am always amazed at is the acheivements of the woman fans here and on other boards - there has to be some statistical anomoly here.

I do believe you're right, I noticed from the start that for whatever reason Clay appeals to above-average intelligent, successful, powerful-type women. I bet if someone were to do a poll among Clay fans they would find that the number of women holding higher paying jobs and advanced degrees is far above that of the national average. Why? 'Cuz Clay is the thinking woman's heart throb!

That being said.....I still wanna do him six ways from Sunday.

:hubbahubba:

I think it's because Clay likes powerful women. Clearly, in today's world, that still isn't the case for all men.

I think it's because Clay likes powerful women.

Indeed, jmh....see my previous post... B):whistling-1:

I have to say that I remember CLay answering Ryan Shitcrest on the now defunct On Air with Ryan Shitcrest back in 2004, when RS asked what kind of woman he was looking for.

He said he wanted someone who was independent and with her own life plan, her own goal in life that she was capable and interested in realizing without his 'name' or 'fame' or 'money' or whatever. He has had very strong females in his life---both in terms of character and personality traits, it seems. It makes sense that he wouldn't be turned by frivolous or unsettled, unfocused or dependent women.

Funny, Tyra seems very much the type of woman he'd be attracted to.... :whistling-1:

OK let me pull me head out of my ass and say..anybody in the fire zone in Southern California I wish you well. I hadn't seen the news today and didn't realize this whole thing had gotten so out of control. My family in Oceanside is prepared for the shelter just in case they have to evacuate their home. Everyone down south ...please take care.

{{{{{{{{{So. California people}}}}}

Also....my husband needs your prayers and good thoughts too. His mother had a stroke today, and it's not looking good. We just saw her a week ago in Minnesota, and it looks like we'll now be making another trip up there very soon. Thanks guys.

ldyj & mr. ldyj :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Scarlett, don't you let those assholes make you feel less about yourself or cause you to have any more bad days. You are a warm, witty and intelligent woman. Sadly there are people who will always be ignorant and there's just not much anyone can do about changing that.

Hope you are feeling better :lilredani: I'll bet some Blue Bell ice cream with an ice wine chaser would fix you right up! Maybe KAndre would invite you to have a ride on the iGallop afterward to chase away those calories.

For those of you who live in SoCal :cry4:

{{{{{SoCal people (and oh, alright even the pond scum who think Clay's going downhill)}}}}

{{{{{ldyjocelyn and hubby and MIL}}}}}

Thanks to all who shared stories and hugs today. MUAH! :squeeze:

(Toots, no no you didn't say Bluebell ice cream. Aaaargh! I have some in the fridge that I've successfully avoided for a week..... noooooo!)

I'm thinking about the So. Cal folks, too. In 1991 hubby and I packed our little pitiful Chevy Vega with all the baby things and memories in boxes we could, ready to get the heck out of Dodge as the infamous Oakland Hills fires got too close for comfort. Some neighbors actually left, but we had nowhere to go and waited until the very last possible moment to leave. We hadn't received any mandatory evacuation, only recommended advisories, and luckily...they were able to control the flames before they got too far on this side of the freeway.

But I remember standing at the top of the hill just behind our apt. building, watching the hills burning and the fireline creeping closer. I was holding my three-month-old baby there as we watched heliocopters carrying huge baskets of water from nearby Lake Merritt and dropping them over the hills. Such efforts seemed so futile. The water falling seemed so insignificant and impotent to me.

Here's hoping families and friends are safe 'down South' :praying:

And once again we're all sent a reminder of just how precarious life is. Anyone's fortune can turn in an instant and I want to learn how to appreciate and make the most of all of the "instants" I have. I have a lot of work to do there: I hope I have the time to make progress!

Ansa, good thoughts to your family. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Sending good thoughts to your MIL, ldyjocelyn. It is scarey, so hope your husband can adjust to the situation :console: .

Our Mom, play and I, had a stroke and worked really hard to recover. It was important for her to go to a really good rehab to get the desire and will to improve. Depression is pretty common after a stroke. Unfortunately she had a heart failure and only lived a year after that (she was in her eighties too). But it was a quality year for her.

Idyjocelyn & Hubby hang in there. My Mother had a stroke in fall of 2003 and went through rehab. She was 82 at the time. She has slight residual in the Lt. hand. Up until this year I took her to three of Clays concerts. It is just getting harder for her at the age of 86. She tires alot easier. But she remains a true fan. She can not wait for him to bee on tv. I think she has almost all of his tv appearances taped and watches them alot. I just pray that your outcome is as good.

{{{ldyjocelyn & hubby}}} {{{SoCal peeps}}}

Quiet night in the 'Nation. I am sitting here enjoying some Houston clack. What a pretty, pretty man. I also received the Cleveland email. That's a sad, sad situation....so close but yet so far (financially, LOL). I keep telling myself that I have to sacrifice if I want to make it to NYC in March.

I still can't get the Spamalot soundtrack out of my head! :cryingwlaughter: I explored the Spamalot site tonight, and how cool is it that Clay's name is on there now?

The fires in Southern California look horrific. My heart is out there for everyone affected by these massive wildfires. It's awful to watch.

{{{ldyjocelyn and hubby and MIL}}} I'm so sorry to hear about this emergency in your family. Take care of your hubby and yourself, and know that you are loved.

Scarlett, I know you won't let the sorry bastards get you down. And I can't imagine you'd toss those Sedaka tickets! ... or should I say Solitaire tickets? But, I think he'll do more than Solitare. Don't you think he'll do a couple of solo songs and then full cast finale?

Damn, those fires are scary!! Wishing all the SoCal peeps a safe night!!

Aww, ldyjocelyn... I hope your hubby's mom is ok. I'll be thinking of you guys.

Clay was ADORABLE in those AYSTAFG outtakes. Hee. I actually really like his hair too. I can't believe the world is spinning while I'm soooo freaking busy. I guess it's a good thing -- keeps my mind off no Christmas shows! And I can save my pennies for Spam. LOL!

Be safe everyone.

Whew, I'm finally catching up after a REALLY busy day!

Scarlett, how dare anyone doubt your stellar capabilities! Hmmmmppppphhhh! Sometimes the world can be a hella place, especially when prejudice gets in the way. Please know that there are scads and scads of Claymates who admire and benefit greatly from your fantastic tech abilities.

**HUGS** to ldyj and Mr. ldyj. :thbighug-1:

And prayers for the So. Cal. peeps. :praying:

Well, I have an opportunity to make some money to pay for more Clay stuff! My day job is at a hospital, and the money I make from that goes into the family pot. But all of the money I make playing piano various places is my very own mad money, to do with as I choose. Today I was asked to play piano with an orchestra for the musical 'Titanic.' I played through some of the score tonight, and I might just do it! It could be a lot of fun. Other than work and usual Mom duties, I'm not that busy during January and February when the rehearsals and performances will take place, so I think it will work! I'll probably use the extra $$ to pay for my trip to NY to see Spamalot.

Muski, I so agree with this:

And once again we're all sent a reminder of just how precarious life is. Anyone's fortune can turn in an instant and I want to learn how to appreciate and make the most of all of the "instants" I have.

That's one thing that is good about working in a hospital - you learn to appreciate the health and opportunities in your life. There are so many people who have their lives interrupted by accidents or catastrophic medical problems, and when you see this every day, you learn to be grateful for what you have, and to enjoy each moment.

Scarlett, :F_05BL17blowkiss:, for your hellacious time last week. Instead of condolences, I thought I would offer some irreverence to distract you (it's the Monty Python influence, of course):

Thanks v. much for the hugs! They really meant a lot to me. (and I apologize in advance for the following rant, scroll pls)

My problem was that I spent most of the week on audio calls with completely new people from all over and (as many of you can confirm) the trouble is that I sound like a high school kid on the phone. Not even just a high school kid, a freshman. Or a middle schooler. Even the yarn people I order stuff from keep trying to double-check to make sure I'm not some little girl using her mom's credit card.

*Enormous grin here* You do know that if technology doesn't work out, you could parlay this natural talent into great success in the phone sex industry?

And while I may be the happiest little frog in the world when I'm hopping about on a lily pod outside, being pinned down under bright lights is really the most annoying thing in the world.

Yes, I accept that I should show some patience because I'm sort of breaking ground here; a lot of people still don't expect to meet techie people from the Philippines. At least nowadays, when I walk into a room people usually don't pause to wonder if I'm there to clean it or make a presentation but this week it felt like the last 12 years of solid work got chucked out the window. I guess people do live for the moment after all. (btw, this doesn't bode well for the career model that I and the rest of FCA picture for that guy up there)

I think you need a song. Everyone should have their own personal "knock-them dead" theme song to sing to themselves when needed. If you don't have one, here's a great one for you:

"I Am What I Am" - You can hear it here, click on Broadway My Way (full CD), it's the first selection. The singer, Linda Eder, is a Streisand-like belter.

These are the lyrics, repeat them to yourself when you march into a room:

I am what I am

I am my own special creation.

So come take a look,

Give me the hook or the ovation.

It's my world that I want to take a little pride in,

My world, and it's not a place I have to hide in.

Life's not worth a damn,

'Til you can say, "Hey world, I am what I am."

I am what I am,

I don't want praise, I don't want pity.

I bang my own drum,

Some think it's noise, I think it's pretty.

And so what, if I love each feather and each spangle,

Why not try to see things from a diff'rent angle?

Your life is a sham 'til you can shout out loud

I am what I am!

I am what I am

And what I am needs no excuses.

I deal my own deck

Sometimes the ace, sometimes the deuces.

There's one life, and there's no return and no deposit;

One life, so it's time to open up your closet.

Life's not worth a damn 'til you can say,

"Hey world, I am what I am!

*End of irreverence*

________________________________________________________________________________

_____

And once again we're all sent a reminder of just how precarious life is. Anyone's fortune can turn in an instant and I want to learn how to appreciate and make the most of all of the "instants" I have. I have a lot of work to do there: I hope I have the time to make progress!

That was beautifully expressed!

{{{ldyjocelyn & hubby}}} Hoping for the best.

{{{SoCal peeps}}} Stay safe!