# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

I'm enjoying all of pictures and stories about pets! Dogs AND cats.

We don't have either in our house - we have two bearded dragons. They are very friendly little lizards, and love being held. They belong to our 13 year old daughter, who loves playing with them.

We have two Euromastix in the house - Jack and Cindy -- and they belong to the little cutie pictured in an earlier post. She's a total fanatic about lizards and has loved them since at least age two ~~ like some past life Morrison or something, she's the Lizard Princess.

And muski -- BYLM was beyond emotional in Orlando. He was giving it out that night.

LMF ... love you too.

Man, it feels good to not be working today and have time to watch clack and download the new goldarngirl/luckiest AC montages, and actually post on the board instead of read and run like it's been all week!!!

Where's DJS posting about her cats?

My apologies, keeing faith, I meant that is pretty much a concensus on this board, that Clay still had a career. I know I read in more than one place that it was over b ecause Clive hated Clay and didn't want to make any money through him, just punish him. I got tired of arguing with people and it wasn't really my life anyway.

Texas and drug arrests and music - never a good combination. Should have been in NYC or San Fancisco in the 60's if you were into drugs.

I was in San Francisco. Heh.

But it was more like the 70s. ;)

All the cute doggies and kitties... I could have an entire board about animals. Love them all. Today I went house shopping with my sister -- a kitty from one of the houses decided to go around taking pictures with me. We had a fun little romp through the yard. Hee.

I have me some cats too...ok, well just one right now, cuz his family done died on him, but he's my old man cat and he's having the time of his life being Alpha. He's the white one, Scrawny. 928.gif

kitties1-1.jpg

I am dying to see Across The Universe too, keepingfaith. In fact, I asked about it and posted the trailer in the movies thread yesterday... :)View New Posts is a very good thing. :cryingwlaughter: /admin kissup

And oh yeah... I love that song, The Bluest Blues -- it's on an Anthology album that I got from the Russian site when I went on a blues hunt one night. There is not much better in life than some screamin' blues. You know... YouTube is like time in heaven... thanks for unknowingly sending me there... I just had the best three hours watching old Joe Cocker and George Harrison and Fleetwood Mac and Alvin Lee and Badfinger and, and, and... Johnny Winter and... endless entertainment! YouTube - The Bluest Blues Montage

And then I poked around the boards and I spied this:

GR109.jpg:hubbahubba:

I have to go study how this most adorable guy can turn into THAT ^^ most yummy guy in just a couple months... or ever for that matter.

Movie-1.gif

And thus ends this totally disjointed post.

Off to bathtubsmile.gif.

I'll have to catch up with today's posts in the morning but had to share the most wonderful wonderful news. I have been looking askance </TM KAndre> at my mom for awhile because my JNT05 hoodie had apparantly upped and walked away from my house. I had already caught her wearing it several times. I've looked high and low for months. Well my sister comes over tonight with all her laundry and in her hand was my hoodie. I squeeeeeeed and eeeeeeeed. Apparantly she had worn it home one night. Here's the funny part, after she washed and folded and I was helping her take everything to the car... she pulled a few of the damp items off the top of the dry clothes for me to carry and what do I find..my hoodie all nice and folded about to go home with her again. Whew. It is now back where it belongs in my closet. Now I need some kind of security to keep it safe. :cryingwlaughter:

Good night FCA

Parting shots...........

since we are on the subject of pets..... I have a few to share!!

This is me, sis, and bro with our dog Don, who we grew up with - he was a border collie

BHkids.jpg

Here is our mini poodle Joy - who we had when we were first married and the kids grew up with, and my first born...

joy.jpg

This is my MIL's dog Cory, who she rescued from running with a pack of dogs on the street!

cory.jpg

Here is Lucy - a bischon (sp - it's french?) who belongs to my daughter's in-laws

lucy.jpg

We don't have any pets right now....... but my daughter and sil have some guinea pigs!!

hampsters.jpg

Our last dog Jazz got hit by a car and after that I couldn't bear getting another pet.

Thinking about settling up an aquarium tho!! Took this at my BIL's house...

goldfish.jpg

Thanks for all the good wishes and advice! I am feeling much better today. Did not get a rental today because Enterprise closed at noon!!

I did go by and look at my Claymobile tho. It might not be totaled after all. It depends on how much damage is underneath since her car went under the back and lifted it up!

Here's a picture I took with my cell today. Not great but you can tell how the bumper was ripped off and the hatch door is buckled.

claymobile.jpg

OK - spent way too much time on this!! I should be in bed!!

Can't forget to send :hugs-1: to Scarlett and hope things will improve soon!!

:nightienight: nightie-night!

Pretty doggies and kitties, you guys. I have no animals now, but in my many years as a mom and a gramma, I have lived with the following: dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, pet rats and mice, snakes, fish, birds, hamsters, iquana and chameleon. I don't think I forgot anything.

Wow, I think you've got me beat! But most days I still feel as though I'm living in a zoo. Right now we have a dog, two cats, and 4 gecko lizards in a 50 gallon tank in the living room. I'm sure my daughter has a ton of pictures of them on her computer (they are her babies) but I don't know where to find them. So I will just share my babies:

The brothers, Kirby and Sebastian:

IMG_0257.jpg

The camera hog, Kirby again (who really thinks he's human, don't tell him he's a cat):

IMG_0006.jpg

And my little grand-pug-puppy, Jersey:

IMG_0709.jpg

And then I poked around the boards and I spied this:

GR109.jpg

Oh. GAAAAAAAH. Wig? He don't need no stinkin' wig! There's a perfect Sir Robin, all he needs is a tunic and tights. :imgtongue:

Good Morning All,

5 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

11 Days until Clay is on AYSTAFG!

16 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

36 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

62 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

65 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

78 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

89 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Well I have one goldfish in my goldfish pond. Does that count as a pet? Hee {{{hugs to Scarlett}}} Sounds like you need some.

Clay is building a career, but I don't think there will ever be just one thing, but a culmenation of each step.

I think of it as him building his resume. I don't have a crystal ball or the ability to see into the future but my thoughts are that this will gain him a few new fans but more importantly it will present new opportunities and eventually one of those will catapult him to another level, if he wants it, which I believe deep down he does.

I'm not going to be destroyed or disappointed if it doesn't happen because whichever way his paths lead him, it will be an adventure. I don't particularly want it to or need for him to be superstar in order to enjoy his career--I just think it is inevitable.

I so agree, and IMHO he really does need to expand his fanbase. This is going to open even more doors for him. Give him some new credibility as a seriously talented artist. To all those nasty people who think Clay is just a passing fad? I say :dumb_people:

He scored a leading role in Spamalot---Take that you :asshat: 's I've always believed Clay wanted it all and wanted it badly. Even though sometimes I've questioned, or didn't like certain choices that were made, by whoever. He is so multifaceted. I don't need the Superstar status for him, anymore, either. He sure has the potential for it, though and I still think it will happen. Talent of his magnitude just can't be denied. No putting the lid back on that can of worms. :loveletter: Dear Clay!!! I just love you so much. Break a leg, sweetie.

:party038:

keepingfaith, your free association post blew me away. I was such an 'AM radio girl' during all the 60s and much of the 70s...I was listening to the 'lite' rock songs before there was a category called lite rock...I only knew OF bands and people like the ones you mentioned. I remember when I was just beginning to date my now hubby and was working at a steamed crab place in the summer...Mr Muski-to-be came by with a couple of friends and said they were going to see a ZZTop concert.

I had no idea who ZZ Top was until he described them and then I just shook my head, wondering why in the world anyone would want to pay money to go see them.

I hadn't really seen too many concerts---Chicago, Three Dog Night, Rolling Stones, Linda Ronstadt, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne...you get the drift...

Mr. Muski helped me get "cool", though...I even caught a tamborine from one of band members at a Marshal Tucker Bank concert!

Nah. I'm still not cool. I still tend to like more 'mainstream' music...

Getting ready to help Daughter #1 get ready for the homecoming dance...she just came downstairs to show me that she was so excited she cut herself shaving her underarms! OUCH!

(and bwah...)

I loved those artists. I'm with you muski. I was never really "cool" or knowledgeable about rockers or hard rock groups. I'm a more mainstream pop/ac music type lover. Although, since Clay has renewed my interest in the music scene, I am more open to liking different artists and genres of music. lightmyfire also knows a lot about rock stars. She has interviewed a lot of them. I have recently been checking out the top 25 lists of hit songs from the 70-s and 80-s and current hits of today. Listening to some of those old songs on you tube is so much fun. I'm trying to put together a list of songs for some new cds. I want to make.

I am right at this moment eating the very best apple I've ever eaten in my entire life, no exaggeration. Went to Randall's for ketchup and $200 later I'm home with a bag of incredible honeycrisp apples. Unbelievably good. And two half-gallons of Blue Bell ice cream ---- Banana Pudding and Key Lime Pie ---- that I haven't tasted, but anticipate will be divine. And bear claws from the bakery. Oh, oh, and a six pack of Dr. Pepper in the original 6-1/2 oz. glass bottles made with Imperial Sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. I used to get these in Dublin, TX at the original Dr. Pepper plant, when I visited my aunt in West Texas. I paid over $5 for six little bottles. So????? It's the original thang!! Dammit I went hungry to the grocery again. I know better.

Sounds like a bad case of the munchies to me. :smokelots: Back away from the wacky tabacky. :cryingwlaughter: I keed, I keed.

Yep, keepingfaith, last year Clay's career was all over, after ATDW was released. The evil Clive/RCA/Roger conspiracy theories were dominate at the OFC and still are to some extent. They ran most everyone off the board with the constant dead horse beating.The whole music forum was ruined over there. Some of us knew he was going to be around for the long haul. Some of us knew that they were going for a long term career. Some of us knew that slow and steady wins the race. Some of us knew that Clay had a hand in the decision making for his career path. Seems the members at FCA knew that too. Wish we could of found this board sooner. I think my attitude towards the fandom, in general, might of taken a different path. But that is all water under the bridge now.

I spent yesterday doing 2 loads of laundry, deep cleaning my formal living and dining rooms. Cleaning my entry way, by sweeping, mopping, and dusting it. Also swept the front "porch" and sidewalk. Great weather here yesterday. I also listened to my Clay Christmas cd. My love for DSIAFCD, MDYK, and OHN is still there in spades.

Today will be more of the same. Cleaning and listening to Clay.

Pets! My house runs amok with domestic and wild fur babies. Right now we have a cat, a rabbit, two hamsters and a 3 legged rat named Simon after that beloved AI judge. We also have a dog when my oldest wants us to dog sit.

We have had snakes (daughter #2 brought home a garden snake she found outside; being good parents we said she could keep it); one day when everyone was out, the snake decided to have babies, lots of babies...about 24 little ones in all...I was totally freaking out as they were coming out...we eventually let them all the go except for 2 and they were with us until they passed on. Not really a snake lover, but as long as they were in the tank, I was okay. My daughter thought nothing of draping them around her neck like a stole!

Then there were the mice...one winter we caught a mouse in the house and after disposing of it, discovered it was a mama mouse...we found a nest of about 3 babies...well, the kids carried on and on about how we had murdered their mother until we finally pulled out an old fish tank (yeah we, had fish too!) and made a home for the babies. We kept them until spring time and then let them go in the field near our house. Very interesting to watch them nest and build their home, but they stunk to high heaven!

I swear we might as well put a sign on the front door that says strays welcome...we have nursed injured birds; ducks, bunnies...our first cat was a stray and one time my daughter 2 (again) brought home a baby skunk that she swears was abandoned by its mother (I doubt it...think she just wanted a pet)...he was immediately returned to the wild and we had to get rid of the clothes she was wearing at the time.

My husband decided to leave nuts out for the squirrels a couple of years ago since we had so many and now they just come right up to the front door in the morning looking for breakfast and he even has a couple of them eating out of his hand.

Oh yeah, there was a guinea pig and three ferrets at one time too!

Kim

As for cool. True cool is in the heart of the true cool. Not in the force feeding of failed celebrity and dubious talent by the corporate media. And the definitions change.

<snip>And the bands that performed semi-regularly included the 13th Floor Elevators, the Moving Sidewalks, and Shiva’s Headband. Never heard of the Elevators and their legendary singer/songwriter Roky Erickson? <snip>

So what did cool ultimately deliver for Roky and Janis? Cool ain't shit.

Well, you know what? THAT was cool! I don't remember the name of the band, but I definitely do remember that music; I didn't know the story behind, but I'm sure going to try and see that movie.

Chills.....chills.

I am endlessly fascinated by people and their lives.

I have always been tremendously influenced by music, but I was a "young married" in the '60's, so didn't experience the whole force of the era as I was immersed in babies and dirt, dirt poor. Had I been 5 years younger I would probably have ended up in San Francisco. As it is, the first time I ever got there, the one and only thing I was really interested in seeing was Haight Ashbury. :cryingwlaughter:

I grew up in a remote area in British Columbia (western Canada); the genre of choice there, as in many little towns, was country music. I saw Patsy Cline, Hank Wells, Dolly, Kenny Rogers as a young man...all the old time greats in concert, thanks to my older sister who dragged me along so my parents would let her go. :lol: I love them still and despise the shift to pickups and booze and cheatin'-wimmen that more modern country music has taken.

When I was a teenager, my family moved to the big city, we acquired a TV and I fell in love with American Bandstand. When I was 18, I was auditioned for and won, a role on the Canadian version~Teen n Twenty, which was syndicated across Canada. I worked there for 3 years, and met many of the "stars" of the time as we performed with them. Most were a big letdown. :cryingwlaughter: Met my husband-to-be there too...he was a big letdown as well. :lol:

Never once did I have a crush on any of them...until a certain young man with red hair and glasses walked across an audition floor in Atlanta, GA.

Music gives me joy, brings me to tears, and has defined my life in many ways. I lost it in about 1990, when for about 5 years things were really bad for me. I'm so thrilled to have had it brought back to me by this guy.

gallery_11_15_152621.jpg

I am so enjoying discovering some of the things I missed in the interim, and discovering him.

Know what I've been doing for the last two hours? (well, except for a couple loads of clothes)...I've been sitting ALONE in my house watching DCAT Orlando on my tv...with the surround sound jacked up...and drinking cabernet while laughing and crying and drooling and feeling downright overwhelmed by how much I can love someone who's not even in my 'real' life...

News Flash! Clay Aiken is a bona fide entertainer of the ages!

Damn. And I was freakin THERE in Orlando! But watching this tonight? God ,I missed some things the first time around! Holy shit.

This man has such a voice. Such a stage presence. Such a talent for making you feel loved and genuinely appreciated. I dare ANYBODY to watch him singing BYLM that last night of the tour and then suggest that he does NOT love us, does NOT understand us, does NOT feel a bond with us...

He is such a smart person. So wise. I sat here and enjoyed that DVD as though I'd NEVER seen the damned show before. As though it was my first time, yet I...knew, too. I felt I was his friend, yet I don't even know him.

I will never, never apologize to ANYONE for being this man's fan. He is a blessing. He could rest today, knowing that he has already done more to change others' lives for the better than most people can lay claim to in their entire lifetimes.

And he's hot.

:iagree:

Oh, and just one more leetle thing? Keepingfaith, it was you eating the apples last night, right?

I just about spit honeycrisp right.on.the.screen! because right at that very second I was...well, you know! :lol: Are they the BEST or what???! I don't know what I'm going to do when they're all gone.

Mornin' I suppose I better do some posting before I get lost in adobe cs3....hubby gave me a dvd from some anonymous source and the whole thing is nuts...20 programs from Photoshop, premier, Flash and dreamweaver...the whole thing got my head spinning with all the new advanced feature...I plan to do more exploring today.

All the pet talk??? We lost our dog Jordan this summer...I suppose it was old age. She was a mixed black lab and was the sweetest dog ever. We have one cat left, Nala Hubby keeps talking about getting a St. Bernard...he grew up with one and its getting me nervous cos he keeps talking about getting two...but I am hoping the high price of a pup will make him sensible.

Right now...I am trying not to look at every opportunity that come Clay;s way as a step towards that superstardom. I just find that I am enjoying my fandom that way. I do think Clay simply sees this as an opportunity to grow as a performer, and a way to experience the stage and working with such talented people. If this does have a positive effect on his recording career ...then YAY. But frankly...I think this is more an opportunity for Cla to be seen as an all around talented entertainer.

(((scarlett))) hope things get better for you.

Play...glad Holly is on the mend.

I have cats. 2 cats. 1 pure black and 1 tortie colored cat.

th_jazz.jpg

th_allie.jpg

Awww, a split-face tortoise shell kitty. The split-faced ones are kinda rare and I used to have one. What a sweet baby she was. Did you know torts are always female? It's a genetic thing. Ours came to us the first winter we moved into our new house. Something was getting in our garbage during a big snow and I assumed it was a dog. But no...it was sweet Becky. We adopted her, had her spayed, and she became part of the family. That cat used to look at me with such love in her eyes. I've never had a pet, cat or dog, that trusted me the way she did. Our other two house cats liked her just fine. Becky wouldn't be confined to the house though, she wanted her freedom. She used to entertain the neighborhood by climbing on the roof and keeping look out. Our deck has a graduated railing and when she reached the top rail, up she went.

I am dying to see Across The Universe too, keepingfaith. In fact, I asked about it and posted the trailer in the movies thread yesterday... :)View New Posts is a very good thing. :cryingwlaughter: /admin kissup

GR109.jpg:hubbahubba:

I have to go study how this most adorable guy can turn into THAT ^^ most yummy guy in just a couple months... or ever for that matter.

Put me on the list for Across The Universe....there's a movies thread? View New Posts...? :whistling-1:

As for that GR picture. I was there that night. The man was looking fineeeeee (see my avi) What amazes me is that he can go from that look to this...

dwts3.jpg

and I still adore the shit just the same....and yes, one is 'character Clay' and the other is 'singer Clay' which is why I'm excited to see the blending of the two when he takes the stage for Spamalot.

Clay is building a career, but I don't think there will ever be just one thing, but a culmenation of each step.

I think of it as him building his resume. I don't have a crystal ball or the ability to see into the future but my thoughts are that this will gain him a few new fans but more importantly it will present new opportunities and eventually one of those will catapult him to another level, if he wants it, which I believe deep down he does.

I'm not going to be destroyed or disappointed if it doesn't happen because whichever way his paths lead him, it will be an adventure. I don't particularly want it to or need for him to be superstar in order to enjoy his career--I just think it is inevitable.

I so agree, and IMHO he really does need to expand his fanbase. This is going to open even more doors for him. Give him some new credibility as a seriously talented artist. To all those nasty people who think Clay is just a passing fad? I say :dumb_people:

He scored a leading role in Spamalot---Take that you :asshat: 's I've always believed Clay wanted it all and wanted it badly. Even though sometimes I've questioned, or didn't like certain choices that were made, by whoever. He is so multifaceted. I don't need the Superstar status for him, anymore, either. He sure has the potential for it, though and I still think it will happen. Talent of his magnitude just can't be denied. No putting the lid back on that can of worms. :loveletter: Dear Clay!!! I just love you so much. Break a leg, sweetie.

:party038:

I love all of this. This is his resume. From singing with Dead Bing to landing this role...it all counts..."Take that you :asshat: 's" indeed.

You know muski had a great wine and love induced post last night...

This man has such a voice. Such a stage presence. Such a talent for making you feel loved and genuinely appreciated. I dare ANYBODY to watch him singing BYLM that last night of the tour and then suggest that he does NOT love us, does NOT understand us, does NOT feel a bond with us...

I don't think it was by mistake that the parts of aikim's post he underlined had to do with the fans as much as himself. I do think he loves us in that same special way you love family. You might not always agree with them, you might not approve of everything they do, Aunt Martha will still pinch your cheeks when she sees you and your uncle will still tell that same stupid story about how you backed your car into a tree when you were 16...but you still love them...and you know they love you...and that is what's cool.

From CH:

Denver Post

Clay Aiken replacing Moran in "Spamalot"

George Washington High grad Martin Moran, who has played Sir Robin in Broadway's "Spamalot" since April 2006, will be succeeded by "American Idol" crooner Clay Aiken beginning Jan. 18.

Moran had been asked to stay through June, but he declined. He's been chosen for a month-long writing residency at The MacDowell Colony in New Hampshire (that's the oldest artist colony in the country). And opening Jan. 28, he will perform his play, "The Tricky Part," at The Signature Theater in Washington, D.C.

"It was a great run, but it's time to go," Moran said. "I wish Clay well. He really seems like a sweet guy."

Also, this is a link to a post on the OFC. Apparently someone saw Clay leaving a recording studio in NYC last night.

http://forums.clayonline.com/showpost.php?...ount=10486//url

It's a gorgeous fall day here in Ontario. It is inspiring me to clean! I better go with it, cuz it doesn't happen often..... :cryingwlaughter:

]

Awww, a split-face tortoise shell kitty. The split-faced ones are kinda rare and I used to have one. What a sweet baby she was. Did you know torts are always female? It's a genetic thing. Ours came to us the first winter we moved into our new house. Something was getting in our garbage during a big snow and I assumed it was a dog. But no...it was sweet Becky. We adopted her, had her spayed, and she became part of the family. That cat used to look at me with such love in her eyes. I've never had a pet, cat or dog, that trusted me the way she did. Our other two house cats liked her just fine. Becky wouldn't be confined to the house though, she wanted her freedom. She used to entertain the neighborhood by climbing on the roof and keeping look out. Our deck has a graduated railing and when she reached the top rail, up she went.

I had no idea that torts are always female. A friend found Allie in a...well...alley but couldn't keep her. She fit in the palm of my hand when I got her. We had to bottle feed for awhile. She is so loving but it's on her terms...still. She pats my face or pats my hand when she wants to be petted. She's 19 now. Still spritzes around like a kitten at times.

Jazz, her brother, is a spit fire. He found me outside the door at school on a cold, cold November day. He talks all.the.time.

]

I had no idea that torts are always female. A friend found Allie in a...well...alley but couldn't keep her. She fit in the palm of my hand when I got her. We had to bottle feed for awhile. She is so loving but it's on her terms...still. She pats my face or pats my hand when she wants to be petted. She's 19 now. Still spritzes around like a kitten at times.

Jazz, her brother, is a spit fire. He found me outside the door at school on a cold, cold November day. He talks all.the.time.

Our cat Cinnamon is a tortie...she was a stray...my youngest daughter's boyfriend found her near his house and gave it to her. She only weighed a pound when we got her and was about 4-5 weeks old. She is almost 6 months now, weighs about 6 pounds and is the cutest thing! Lots of energy though! I didn't know they were always female either. What exactly is meant by a "split-face"?

Kim

Also, this is a link to a post on the OFC. Apparently someone saw Clay leaving a recording studio in NYC last night.

http://forums.clayonline.com/showpost.php?...ount=10486//url

You know I saw this, but I wasn't sure if all studios were recording studios, or if something is being taped for television is that the same kind of studio as the kind used for recording CDs? The poster really didn't specify.

cough, cough petfinders.com works for Canada as well. No need to buy a pedigree

Well, some jerk is shooting off their mouth again, but this too shall pass. Note this phrase works as well for watching the political shows as it does for my fandom.

Happy nice day to look at Clay stuff. Gotta go buy a new window.

ETA = GREAT emoticon, Cindilu!!!!!

What exactly is meant by a "split-face"?

Kim

If you look at the Allie's picture, her face is split down the middle...one side of her nose is black, the other is multi-colored.

I always thought that was the coolest feature of her face. Very distinctive.

Know what I've been doing for the last two hours? (well, except for a couple loads of clothes)...I've been sitting ALONE in my house watching DCAT Orlando on my tv...with the surround sound jacked up...and drinking cabernet while laughing and crying and drooling and feeling downright overwhelmed by how much I can love someone who's not even in my 'real' life...

News Flash! Clay Aiken is a bona fide entertainer of the ages!

Damn. And I was freakin THERE in Orlando! But watching this tonight? God ,I missed some things the first time around! Holy shit.

He is such a smart person. So wise. I sat here and enjoyed that DVD as though I'd NEVER seen the damned show before. As though it was my first time, yet I...knew, too. I felt I was his friend, yet I don't even know him.

I will never, never apologize to ANYONE for being this man's fan. He is a blessing. He could rest today, knowing that he has already done more to change others' lives for the better than most people can lay claim to in their entire lifetimes.

And he's hot.

Muski... your post made me all schmoopie... thanks! Especially the bolded part!

Pets! My house runs amok with domestic and wild fur babies. Right now we have a cat, a rabbit, two hamsters and a 3 legged rat named Simon after that beloved AI judge. We also have a dog when my oldest wants us to dog sit.

We have had snakes (daughter #2 brought home a garden snake she found outside; being good parents we said she could keep it); one day when everyone was out, the snake decided to have babies, lots of babies...about 24 little ones in all...I was totally freaking out as they were coming out...we eventually let them all the go except for 2 and they were with us until they passed on. Not really a snake lover, but as long as they were in the tank, I was okay. My daughter thought nothing of draping them around her neck like a stole!

Then there were the mice...one winter we caught a mouse in the house and after disposing of it, discovered it was a mama mouse...we found a nest of about 3 babies...well, the kids carried on and on about how we had murdered their mother until we finally pulled out an old fish tank (yeah we, had fish too!) and made a home for the babies. We kept them until spring time and then let them go in the field near our house. Very interesting to watch them nest and build their home, but they stunk to high heaven!

I swear we might as well put a sign on the front door that says strays welcome...we have nursed injured birds; ducks, bunnies...our first cat was a stray and one time my daughter 2 (again) brought home a baby skunk that she swears was abandoned by its mother (I doubt it...think she just wanted a pet)...he was immediately returned to the wild and we had to get rid of the clothes she was wearing at the time.

My husband decided to leave nuts out for the squirrels a couple of years ago since we had so many and now they just come right up to the front door in the morning looking for breakfast and he even has a couple of them eating out of his hand.

Oh yeah, there was a guinea pig and three ferrets at one time too!

Kim

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:aikim... you got me beat! Wow!

I expect Clay will be in NYC A LOT in the next 6-7 months. Recordng is nice!!! (nominating this statement for Understatement of the Year Award) :cryingwlaughter:

Looks like we have a split-face tortie also...I noticed too that this applies to her paws, the paws on the right are a light tan on the underside while the paws on the left are all brown. Very interesting! I was telling my hubby and he was very impressed...and he thinks we only talk about Clay on the boards!

Kim

Drugs? I prefer Miss Consciousness Expansion of 1969. You know, all the telepathy stuff, Alan Watts ("The Wisdom of Insecurity," "The Book on the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Really Are"), the magical mystery tour .... are you familiar with the synchronicity of coincidence, ClayGary?

But above EVERYTHING, The Music. The Music -- rock, blues, country, jazz, and beyond categorization. I would put Texas up against anyplace for producing successful musicians and access to live music ... and the Hall of Fame ranges from Buddy Holly to Willie and Waylon to The Winter Brothers to Kris Kristofferson, Roy Orbison, Steve Earle, Steve Miller, Steve Stills, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Janis Joplin, Big Mama Thornton, Don Henley, Clarence Gatemouth Brown, Lightning Hopkins (who almost caused Ringo Starr to miss being a Beatle!), Norah Jones (daughter of Ravi Shankar), T-Bone Walker, T-Bone Burnett, Boz Scaggs, ZZ Top, Selena, Doug Sahm, The Dixie Chicks and tons of country artists including George Jones (who used to sing in my aunt's joint in Port Arthur way back in the day), also BJ Thomas (Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head), Mike Nesmith (the Monkees), Kenny Rogers, Johnny Nash (I Can See Clearly Now), Seals and Crofts (Summer Breeze), Meat Loaf, the genius of Townes Van Zandt, and Destiny's Child/Beyonce, oh I can't forget Pantera, ... and I'm tired of thinking of people.

Clay Aiken has never played Austin. That's a crying shame. Austin is completely eclectic musically -- the quality of the sound is everything.