# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

We are back and I am caught up

Thanks for the kind thoughts, mine were not always so kind about her today. This was the second time she ran out today, the electrician moved the gate keeping her in to come and talk to me, she was out like a lightening bolt. He goes - "hey, your dog moves fast".Dog5.gif Now she looks more like this. dog009.gif. She wants to lay her head against my heart l;ike she likes to do, but the collar is in the way.

Anyway, she had scrapped chin and the tops of her paws where she skidded and had a 6 inch deep long cut along her side nearly a foot long probably from the impact. She had stiches and a drain right now, but will have her stitches taken out just in time for me to leave her with her sitter and take off for Vegas. I am not looking forward to the pain she will feel when the pain med wear out. I got the people at the vet just as they were closing their office, so lucked out there. Her shoulder is a mess, but she will recover. The problem was that she got out exactly at rush hour. She never goes to the busy street, but all streets are busy at rush hour. I almost caught her twice, but she wouldn't let me get closer than three feet away.

Clay and the ABC article - correct me, as I know you will, but I thought a UNICEF ambassador was constrained from using the position for publicity, all publicity must come from their offices.

Glad Holly is on the mend!

I'm not sure what you're asking about the ABC article, but it isn't about Clay or Unicef per se. It's ostensibly about Paris Hilton and whether her latest endeavour(nothing to do with Unicef) is self-serving or not. I'm probably misreading your question. Clay certainly isn't using his position for publicity.

Play, the writer of the article called UNICEF and they contributed to the article. Paris is NOT involved with Unicef, but with her own charity. The writer was just comparing her to other celebrities with other charities. Bono was mentioned, too, and he is not with Unicef either. Unicef just picked Clay to speak in this interview. Good Choice!!! At least that was my understanding from my read of the article.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Glad your Holly is ok! What an experience for you and her! Good luck as the meds wear off!

My question for the day...How many think Clay will try to change his accent for the show? Do you think you want him to go for the British accent or should he just claim to be from the south of England? lol

As long as the accent is done in the context of the play or show then it I think it would be fine.

I really hope he does not try to practice it during his Xmas show!

I'll just say that this person, who speaks with a Southern English accent, would just die (and not in a good way) if he did that. Cringe worthy! Just a pet peeve of mine and I'll say no more.

Great press today for him. It's funny they used Paris Hilton for the bait and then used all of Clay Aiken's quotes to get the message across! He came across really well.

{{{{play}}}}

{{{Holly}}}

I meant that no private publicist was used in getting Clay invovled in the ABC article, rather it was UNICEF who arranges him to talk about it, with the opportunities that arise.

The bait and switch of Paris was really showing how shallow the readers are. ABC knows that tacky sells. They were probably looking fora way to get Lindsey and Britney into the headline as well.

Playbiller, I'm so glad Holly is on the mend. Poor baby.

So - I was wrong to think the new publicist had anything to do the the UNICEF press. I did get that the article was about Paris. I love that UNICEF gave Clay as the example, though.

(Not her own charity, though. Playing for Good is the charity.)

From CH:

Very interesting article from ABC News about Celebrities and Charities. Clay was interviewed for this article.

Paris to Rwanda: Socialite Becomes Latest Star Hitched to Charity

WOW! This is a wonderful article, full of quotes from Clay about Uganda and being a Unicef ambassador in general.

What a great article! Thanks for bringing that over. Clay sounds well-spoken, dedicated, and intelligent...all of which he is.

I'm behind, but glad to hear Holly is on the mend!

New avie...but it loses something when it gets so small (heh)....here's a size one can better get their lips around....

AYSTAFGPromo2smallerByLDB.gif

Never mind the funky hair...it's all about that lipbite, the clenched fist in the air and that smug "Yeah, I'm so fuckin' smart and you know it" smirk that has me all...

:hubbahubba:

Just catching up quickly tonight, it's been a busy day at work and an even busier evening, taxiing kids from town to town.

{{{playbiller & Holly}}} Glad to hear that she will be ok!

Belated hugs to cha cha too, that must have been very scary.

I am looking forward to getting together with some local fans tomorrow for what we call a Cluncheon. :lilredani:

Not all British humor is the same. Some of it is somewhat intellectual, some of it is silly. They can show more on British television than they can in the US, so some of it goes much further than we may be comfortable with. (You should see what they do on shows like "Little Britain.") However, it doesn't surprise me at all the Clay would find it funny. British humor often has a snarkiness to it that seems perfectly aligned with Clay's own sensibilities.

Hubby and I have always enjoyed British humor! We loved 'Are You Being Served,' and didn't miss Monty Python if we could help it. That's why I knew I could easily sell my hubby on going to NY to seeing Spamalot. That, and the fact that I told him I'd be using some of my own money to pay for it!

Thanks so much for the link to the abc article, desertflower! Wow, Clay sounds so intelligent, knowledgeable, and well-spoken! He makes my heart go pitter-patter!

:flirtysmile3:

Play, I'm glad that Holly will be okay. It sounds like it was pretty scary situation for awhile!

I am thrilled that it's Friday night. Made it through another busy week! Between working at the hospital, playing for six choirs, and being the taxi driver for my two daughters, I'm ready for the weekend!

First and foremost - play, I am so glad Holly seems to be on the mend!!! I can so identify with your feelings and fear. I hope she learned her lesson!!! Give her a kiss for me!

New avie...but it loses something when it gets so small (heh)....here's a size one can better get their lips around....

AYSTAFGPromo2smallerByLDB.gif

Never mind the funky hair...it's all about that lipbite, the clenched fist in the air and that smug "Yeah, I'm so fuckin' smart and you know it" smirk that has me all...

:hubbahubba:

NOW I get why you chose this for your avie!!! Seeing your avie all I thought was "Why did muski choose an avie of Clay with that funky hair and those strange bangs??

Had dinner tonight with my friend who snagged the front row center tickets for Clay's opening night. We were both giddy with excitement. See, all those years ago when Clay did that bit with Heather Headley she said to me "If Clay is ever on Broadway we are going to be there opening night!" Now, if you knew her (and muski, you do!), when she says something like that, it is more like an order, not a suggestion! :cryingwlaughter:

And now Clay is on Broadway and we WILL be there his opening night! How cool is that?

And 5th grader is getting near.

These are exciting times in the Clay Nation!!!!!

He's hot.

clayblackwhiteip3.jpg

Thanks for the kind thoughts, mine were not always so kind about her today. This was the second time she ran out today, the electrician moved the gate keeping her in to come and talk to me, she was out like a lightening bolt. He goes - "hey, your dog moves fast".Dog5.gif Now she looks more like this. dog009.gif. She wants to lay her head against my heart l;ike she likes to do, but the collar is in the way.

Anyway, she had scrapped chin and the tops of her paws where she skidded and had a 6 inch deep long cut along her side nearly a foot long probably from the impact. She had stiches and a drain right now, but will have her stitches taken out just in time for me to leave her with her sitter and take off for Vegas. I am not looking forward to the pain she will feel when the pain med wear out. I got the people at the vet just as they were closing their office, so lucked out there. Her shoulder is a mess, but she will recover. The problem was that she got out exactly at rush hour. She never goes to the busy street, but all streets are busy at rush hour. I almost caught her twice, but she wouldn't let me get closer than three feet away.

Playbiller, I'm so glad Holly is going to be OK. What a scare!! She's one lucky dog, although I doubt she feels lucky right at the moment.

BWAH. I just downloaded the Spamalot original cast CD (I love torrents!) and I'm sitting here :lmaosmiley-1: .

Did anyone else mention that the rules are up at the OFC for the CITH contest? I also took a look at the Tours page and the venues seem pretty up-to-date now. Hopefully we'll get the m&g buttons once the Year 3 content goes up. :xmas07a:

Good Morning Everyone,

6 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

12 Days until Clay is on AYSTAFG!

17 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

37 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

63 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

66 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

79 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

90 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

gosh I love it when something on aikim's list get below the week mark

Remember when you were a kid and the old folks would say "back in my day"?

Well.........You don't know how lucky you young'uns have it! Boy back in my day, I can remember a time when we had to wait over 6 months for any news about Clay Aiken! It were like it were a drought or sumthin' Yep you sure are spoiled! :lilredani:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to keepingfaith

Play, a friends dog (large dog) got a little too friendly with a baby rattler and got bit on the face. The dog made it thru but was very ill for some time. The friend was told by experts that after a while dogs forget about bad experiences and he was liable to do that again. For some time the dog wouldn't go back out the door where he encountered the snake but I haven't talked with her lately so don't know if the dog is still vigilant or up to his old habits of poking around.

Do you think Holly will have learned a lesson, will she be afraid of the street now?

AND, for all of you who live in areas prone to the tornadoes :F_05BL17blowkiss: and hope all is well.

Holly - she has a very small head and it has been hard for me to adjust to her intelligence seeing as I had a border collie just before her that learned english to communicate with me when I forgot about her needs. On the other hand, I don't remember ever meeting a more affectionate and loving dog. It is killing her that she can't climb into my lap or just lean against me, she is truggling with her collar so much. Why she thinks it is a game to run away from home is beyond me. I tried to get her to pee outside (no interest), but she seriously wanted to run free again, collar, stitches, drain pipe (ick blood everywhere!) - so, no, she has not learned. Mostly this morniuns she is lying down staring at me.

Clay content - Have they sold all the tickets to the Sedaka tribute? I have not seen any advertising for it on TV siunce Neil appeared on some talk shows earlier this month. This is a bit unusual since so much is advertised now. Maybe they sold all they expected to sell?

Happy Saturday everybody......

My plan is to :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt: and to :chores003: and maybe :treadmill: ok maybe this instead :sport033: and then :think: about how I'm going to pay for my Clay trips and then :fncomputer: as I write the best dann cover letter ever so I can :bier: and :roundel: this Xmas and next April in NYC with my all my friends and see my cute popstar boyfried :flirtysmile3:

Hope everyone else has wonderdul plans....Play and one day yours and Holly will include... :chores002:

Couchie , your use of emoticons is hysterical!

Here are my plans for the day. I already drove my dtr around today (didn't see a taxicab emoticon). I'll be :chores009: and :chores003: and :09: (I'll be playing with a band, only I'll be on the piano) and :treadmill: and then definitely :couch1: and most likely :image008: . And hubby and I will go to Starbucks at some point :drinking71: I'll need to take my dtrs. shopping for Halloween costumes :nanascary: and I'll spend some time playing computer games :chatting: At some point either today or tomorrow we will go to to a movie as a family :giantpopcorn:

couchie... :cryingwlaughter: Love your smilie storytelling ability! Good luck with your cover letter.

Play... glad Holly is well enough to still want to get into trouble!

Muski... :hubbahubba: your new avie. I loved that part and laughed when he said he'd probably get right to the end and then get thrown off... that was funny!

Claygasm... he was so freaking gorgeous when he sang on the View... LOVED his hair that day! :Thud:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to everyone else who needs it!

I'm babysitting today! I'll be back later tonight with hopefully enough energy to check in and drool some more!

ETA: Gibby... :cryingwlaughter: You guys are good with the smilies!

playbiller...Border Collies (& other herding dogs) are really a different breed of animal all together. Have you read John Katz's books? Start with A dog year...twelve months four dogs and me. The things this dog does will amaze you. And not always in a good way. The guy who wrote Marley and Me was actually inspired to write the book because of this story. It's gonna be a movie (2008) starring Jeff Bridges. I can't wait.

519SK1GXE3L_BO2204203200_PIlitb-dp-.jpg

[long boring post about my dogs]

I have a beautiful Border Collie/Black Lab mix, named Phoebe. She is the sweetest, most intelligent dog I've ever had. She is calm, smart and loving. *whispers* I think that's the Lab in her ... *g* She's about 75 lbs. so the only BC trait she really has is her coloring. No denying that. The only thing she ever "herded" was tennis balls when she was a puppy. Hee.

ChairP2.jpg

Here she is with her "sister" Randy, an Aussie mix. Who also has no interest in herding anything. Except the squirrels but they don't co-operate.

Squirrel2.jpg

Anywho...since I've gotten all of my dogs from shelters I have done some research. Most animal experts do believe that dogs seem to forget the unpleasentness. As my first vet told me ... it's what your doing now that matters to them. When I got Randy as an adult she was very withdrawn. She would not walk on a leash using a collar (only a harness) and had an issue going through doorways. We think maybe she was tied up and ignored before we had her. But after about 6 mos she started to come out of her shell and act playful. She's a very fastidious dog and there were never any housebreaking accidents but once she did throw up in the house. We were trying to get her outside and didn't make it. She was "mortified." She carefully walked around the area for a long time. Then one day I realized that she wasn't doing that anymore. It must have finally faded. That said...I do believe dogs have some long term memories...especially of people and places.

[/long boring post about my dogs]

----

I was supposed to be entertaining my parents this weekend but my Dad isn't feeling well so they canceled. Instead I will try to go see Son#2 in a Speech Tourney. He's in Grad School and just took it up again for the first time since Freshman year. Of course it's across town. Should be interesting.

To bring this back to Clay...Son#2 loves Monty Python! As do all his friends. They can do whole scenes.