# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

After he died I found a birthday card he had bought in advance & the only words inside were " I hope you dance". This is my wish for Clay in regard to his career.

ncgran4...to borrow words from another wise soul..."I swear, that <snip>got me a little misty!"

Blessings to you.

Last night there was a meeting for parents of the high school students going on a trip to Spain and Portugal during spring break next year. We told Alex she could go. She's very much into learning Spanish and does really well in her classes, having chosen to move into the honors level. We told her that if she could earn and save up her own spending money for the trip, we'd pay the costs to the tour company. She has a part time job at a coffee shop and also took a referee course so that she could get paid to ref soccer games and has been saving up diligently.

As I sat there listening to the teacher leading the trip talk about all the things they are going to do, places they'll go, etc., I looked over at my daughter's face. She was enraptured. And it hit me that she must be so very excited, so absolutely in love with the idea of this trip---that THAT was what made her face look like that.

And then I almost laughed out loud as I also realized that I've seen that expression many times---on my friends' faces and I'm sure on my own as we sit at a Clay concert, or watch him on television or read his blog or...

You get the picture.

And I was sooooooo happy for Alex just then. That she was feeling that pure anticipation, excitement and happiness that I so very well understood. I was soooooooooo glad that Kenny and I had decided to let her go, even though we cannot afford it in the least. And the thought that she would have the memories of this trip forever...Well, I got all verklempt sitting in that classroom and had to pretend to look for something in my tote bag so that I wouldn't embarrass her by bawling.

ldyj and others: Clay is meant to make memories for others. He'll be around a long time---I'm sure of it---to make plenty for you, too. Meanwhile, make some memories of your own with the people you love. Clay'll be waiting for you with or without tights on. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm not sure what theoutlook for ice wine will be this year. The grapes have to still be on the vine for the first frost and this year has been so warm that they are all ripening early and falling off.

Early frosts are good for making ice wine but bad for the regular stuff. Can't please all the people ... yadda, yadda.

Come on, jmh, winter can be beautiful up here. Especially if you can sit inside by a roaring fire and admire it through the window! Getting around in it, not so much fun.

Yes, I'm able to go see Clay when I want to now, but what I wouldn't give to not go to concerts because the reason for not going still existed.

*sob*

Thank you ncgran4clay for giving me a good reality check.

I didn't get to talk to my husband about the whole thing last night -- he came home and I could tell it had been a BAD day at work, and I think if I had brought it up right then and there, you would have heard the screaming in Timbuktu. I'm not giving up total hope yet on going, but I'm also feeling much better because I truly do love my husband....

I forgot to thank kareneh (heh) for those two gorgeous pictures. That profile one is outstanding....

Just catching up there's been so much to read these days with all the wonderful news!! I wanted to chime in regarding those who feel bad because they can't attend concerts, Broadway etc do to whatever reason. Yes, it seems like "everyone" is going when you read the boards & you can feel the excitement but feel left out when you can't go. My DH died April. 06. He required a lot of care due the nature of his illness. He encouraged me to go see Clay as we live in Clayland & it didn't mean days away etc. I rarely went because I felt like I needed to be home as every moment left with him was precious. I had to share my Clay joy thru those who attended, wonderful clack etc. Sometimes real life just has to come first. I had to put my big girl panties on & do what was right. After he died I found a birthday card he had bought in advance & the only words inside were " I hope you dance". This is my wish for Clay in regard to his career. Yes, I'm able to go see Clay when I want to now, but what I wouldn't give to not go to concerts because the reason for not going still existed.

Beautiful post! I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful wish he left behind for you!

I'm not sure what theoutlook for ice wine will be this year. The grapes have to still be on the vine for the first frost and this year has been so warm that they are all ripening early and falling off.

Early frosts are good for making ice wine but bad for the regular stuff. Can't please all the people ... yadda, yadda.

Come on, jmh, winter can be beautiful up here. Especially if you can sit inside by a roaring fire and admire it through the window! Getting around in it, not so much fun.

It is beautiful to look at through a window, when you're warm and toasty inside, and the snow is fresh and white. Just not as glorious as the summers for this southern gal. I very happily left my snow shovel and car brush behind!!

I know how you are feeling for those not going to NYC. I am in the same boat. I would love to go. I have never been there. Having been alot of places in the U.S but not in NYC. My husband would never understand, so I am not even bringing it up. I will live through the recaps of all who go. We have been married for 30years and I know when to push and when not to. I remain happy for those who will get to go. It will be great. I am hoping for a few pictures, knowing that clack probably will not exsist. It is so nice to see Clay so happy now. I wish him great success. I know he will be great in this part.

Just catching up there's been so much to read these days with all the wonderful news!! I wanted to chime in regarding those who feel bad because they can't attend concerts, Broadway etc do to whatever reason. Yes, it seems like "everyone" is going when you read the boards & you can feel the excitement but feel left out when you can't go. My DH died April. 06. He required a lot of care due the nature of his illness. He encouraged me to go see Clay as we live in Clayland & it didn't mean days away etc. I rarely went because I felt like I needed to be home as every moment left with him was precious. I had to share my Clay joy thru those who attended, wonderful clack etc. Sometimes real life just has to come first. I had to put my big girl panties on & do what was right. After he died I found a birthday card he had bought in advance & the only words inside were " I hope you dance". This is my wish for Clay in regard to his career. Yes, I'm able to go see Clay when I want to now, but what I wouldn't give to not go to concerts because the reason for not going still existed.

Thank you so much for sharing and for putting this whole crazy fandom into perspective. Your husband sounds like a great guy. (((ncgran4clay)))

ldyJ...great call. I always believe in putting things in a relationship what you want to get out of it. If you show him understanding and consideration...it will be returned. Besides...its a long ways from April...you may still win the lotto. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Muski...I am totally excited for your daughter. That type of trip is something I would love for my own girls. Traveling is the best way I have found to motivate my girls to work hard for a good future.I know that now they are determined to get good grades, get scholarships and go to University so that they can have better chances for a career that will allow them to explore the world.

ldyj and others: Clay is meant to make memories for others. He'll be around a long time---I'm sure of it---to make plenty for you, too. Meanwhile, make some memories of your own with the people you love. Clay'll be waiting for you with or without tights on. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Muski... Beautiful thoughts! :clap: Thank you!

We sent our two DDs to Europe for 6 weeks the year the younger one (17 months apart in age) gradruated from HS. They STILL talk about the trip. I can just imagine how excited she is. :bounce:

ncgran4clay what a wonderful post! Hugs to you. Your DH sounds like he was a wonderful man.
ncgran, you are very wise. :hugs-1: to you.

{{{ncgran}}} :hugs-1: - and more hugs!! keep on dancing!! I hope you get to see Clay this year.

:hugs-1: and Birthday wishes to all who need them!

209728612-M.jpg

My own little Grizzly Adams.....isn't he cute?

This needs to be on here again!!

GoodNESS is the word of the day..... or as kareneh put it the other day "particle of speech of which sentences are made" or something like that.

An aside thought - it occured to me that kareneh spelled thusly could be pronounced "ka-RIN-a" as in Anna Karina. Always liked that name. K'eh? - sorry for the loss of your ? mark! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

This has been an exciting week! Clay on Broadway, chats, and blogs, and tons of press releases all over! I was feeling positively giddy.

Untillllllllllllllll............. funny thing happened on the way home last night........ only NOT!!

I met a friend for early dinner last night, she is going to the DC concert with me, and on the way home last night, about 8 PM I was stopped in traffic on Rt 28 near Yorkshire waiting behind another car and along comes this young woman in a Toyota sedan and rams right into the back of me! She was going so fast that I heard her tires squeal and saw her in the rearview mirror before she hit me. That took about a second and a half. Her car apparently went under mine and lifted me up, as I was swiveled counter-clockwise and then pushed forward towards the oncoming lane. I think I had my foot on the brake at that point and there is a middle turning lane on that part of the road so was not pushed into oncoming traffic. She was charged with reckless driving I was told later. The front of her car was totally demolished, her hood was bent in half like cardboard and engine parts and glass from the headlamps strewn all over. She looked OK tho, was out of the car and walking around.The van might be totaled. Don't know when I'll get a replacement!

No broken bones or stitches, but I was pretty sore and so decided to go to the hospital to get checked out. Called DH and he came and dealt with the towing of the van, and then met me in the hospital. Spent about 2 hours strapped to a backboard and with a neck brace on. Yeah, don't do that if you can avoid it! It was very uncomfortable! If you tell them your back hurts you should really mean it!! Anyhow I had X-rays and a CAT scan and was released about 12 and got home soon after.

So I'm taking it easy at home today, and DH took the day off. Muscle relaxers are making it hard for me to concentrate on anything!

Oh yeah I'm not supposed to sit at the computer - the very idea!! :cryingwlaughter:

PS - posted some new stuff in the Photoshop Thread yesterday!

WOW! cha cha trusty! How scary! I've been in that position of watching a car coming at me too fast, but never had one that wasn't able to stop. Do take care of your back/neck for awhile--maybe get some gentle massages. As you probably know, the most common injuries from that kind of accident are to the neck, and aren't always easy to pinpoint on an X-ray.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this. I saw it on the CB. Forgotn1 posted this here yesterday:

Anyone see The Daily show with Jon Stewart?

He had Stephen Colbert on and when Stephen came out he ran around shaking hands with the audience and then sat down pulled out a bottle of hand sanitiser and said " I don't know where your audience has been Jon."

cha cha trusty, I'm glad you weren't injured any more severely. Such a scary thing, especially when you see it coming. Take care of yourself! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't think anyone's mentioned this. I saw it on the CB. Forgotn1 posted this here yesterday:

He had Stephen Colbert on and when Stephen came out he ran around shaking hands with the audience and then sat down pulled out a bottle of hand sanitiser and said " I don't know where your audience has been Jon."

I saw the show - it was funny, and it did make the Claymate in me snicker, but I really don't think Stephen's saying it was any kind of Ripacrit reference thing. 'I don't know where your hands have been' certainly isn't exclusive to her. She's just not that original. Heh.

omg, jmh! This CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: Perfect! I've had a fantasy that one day Clay will be a guest on Jon Stewart's show....or Stephen Colbert's....I love both of them...My older daughter and I love to watch them together....Clay would be a GREAT match for either, don't you think? :lilredani:

and whoa, cha cha! Scary sh...stuff, there, honey. So glad All Is Well, relatively speaking! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm with cindilu on this -- I saw it, LMAO, and didn't make a single Clay Aiken connection with it at all. I just thought it was truly part of Colbert's stuffy uptight manner.

Having said that....

omg, jmh! This CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: :lmaosmiley-1: Perfect! I've had a fantasy that one day Clay will be a guest on Jon Stewart's show....or Stephen Colbert's....I love both of them...My older daughter and I love to watch them together....Clay would be a GREAT match for either, don't you think? :lilredani:

It seems like I mentioned the other day that Clay very well could do a LOT of promo in NYC before or during his run on Broadway, and I thought "The Daily" would be the perfect vehicle! I would simply DIAH [tm Clay] if he appeared on either gentleman's show. Especially if they show Clay singing that song about no Jews to Jon Stewart. *g*

cha cha....take those pills and get rest. I've very glad it wasn't any worse. (((soft hugs)))

and a few more (((hugs))) all around for some very heartfelt posts today. ncgran, beautifully said.

to gbmifan and all those not able to make the NY trip, I've been watching Spamalot video on YouTube for a couple days now. I have a feeling that Clack will be had...and in better quality that what is out there currently and just by the nature of his role as Sir Robin, I believe this time the Clack will skip around. :D

editing for this..

I would simply DIAH [tm Clay] if he appeared on either gentleman's show.

I agree. Either one would make a great show.

I could totally see Clay on Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert! His knowledge of politics would make him a great guest, and I know he can snark with the best of them.

Muski, your daughter's trip to Europe will be life-changing. I can imagine how thrilled she must be. I really wish everyone had the opportunity to travel to a foreign country at least once. It really changes your perspective on so many things.

FLOVE The Daily Show, and Colbert too, but I'd much rather see him on with Jon than Stephen. Stephen is almost exclusively 'in character', but Clay would get at least a little 'serious' stuff in with Jon.

Okay, I don't post stuff like this very often - if ever, but being that Canadian media has been so nasty to Clay on the whole, to say I was surprised to see this on the Canadian version of tvguide.com today is putting it mildly. Nary a slam in sight. If you need me, I'll be out on the porch looking for the blue moon!

Be sure to check out the caption under the photo (don't look, merrieeeee!)

TVGuide.ca on Sympatico - Spam me, Baby!

Claygasm, you are cracking me up. Save April for me hon!!

April is yours, all yours!! I am done with my Spamalot frenzy for the short haul! I think I have done enough damage.

This made me all misty - now that we can use that term with meaning!!

You know, real life may very well intrude and prevent me from seeing Clay in the future. I hope I can remember this when that time inevitably comes.

As much time - and money that I don't really have - that I spend on Clay, I do know there is a lot to life - REAL life - other than him.

I hope I always remember that too.....