# 19: Clay Aiken: glorious voice, excellent comic actor, master of character and man in tights!

ldyjocelyn

Next thread title poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!
    • Clay Aiken, star of stage, screen, television and our hearts
    • He's just a gorgeous piece of manhood
    • Our man for all seasons and so many reasons
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • Looking forward to our Christmas romp in the snow with our Boyfriend!
    • GAHHHHH A main course of sexy, considerate, cute, hot, humble, witty, wise (& wise-ass) Clay for dinner, and then a helping of Teacher Clay for dessert. Life is good!
    • "What do you like?" Clay asks the little girl Sierra. And she said "I like you" She has good taste.
    • He has always been all that he is now, which is much more than he has often been given credit for, and even less than he is yet to become.
    • I think the world will always need Clay Aiken more than Clay Aiken needs the world. He is a realist; a survivor, and a star no matter how badly someone cuts his hair.
    • Was he beginning to get a clue that life would never be the same?
    • I am looking forward to every beautiful, funny, cheese-a-licious thing he throws my way this Christmas.
    • "Seriously, if I get any more excited about Clay being in Spamalot, I may spontaneously combust!"
    • "Spam me, baby!"

Gibby I feel your pain...and then some...I have 4 daughters...23, 22, 20 and 18. I feel like I have been on a permanent rollercoaster for the past 10 years or so. Of course, I should have know what to expect since I have three sisters myself and have vivid memories of those teen-ager years when we fought like cats and dogs.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, I now have 4 grown daughters who are foraging their way through life and though I still don't like some of the decisions they are making; they are all pretty independent ladies with good heads on their shoulders and actually are starting to believe that mom knew what she was talking about after all!

Kim

Kim, I'm in awe. And you're obviously still very sane, so maybe there's hope for me! :)

I feel badly for those who won't be able to go to Spamalot. I well know the feeling, because there are many, many Clay events I haven't been able to go to due to distance and cost. After all, he's only been to Colorado to perform twice, and rarely comes to any of our surroundings states. Clay is doing so much now that I'm having to pick and choose what to go to. Thank goodness for clack! And I'm thrilled that he has so many opportunities, even if I can't partake in all of them directly.

I wish I could cap, Clay has been on just about every news station in the NYC area. I need to start videotaping it, so I can show it to some of you when you come the NYC. By then, it will be old news. Although,I do expect a little opening night coverage. And, NO, I am not talking about Clay's baody parts-- you smutters, I know how you read things! I know who you are! HA!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE thats great!!!

I think my feet are finally touching the ground....looks down, nope still daylight between me and the carpet! I do think this grin permanently fixed to my face and I know this warm feeling I have in my heart all day is not heartburn!

I am not really the fangirly type, but it is amazing to me that one little gesture by a 28 year-old guy that I really don't know can turn this 50 year-old mother of 4 into a babbling idiot. I am sure my friend Nancy was probably wondering what happened to her sane, always take the common sense approach, pure-bus riding friend...I was OMG'ing all over the place and all but hyperventilating on the phone.

But truly, I hope that everyone of Clay's fans gets their special moment with him, no matter how brief, because it truly does make you feel more connected to him and there is no feeling like it in the world. He has touched us all in so many ways with his voice, his heart, his humor, his faith and his just being there, that I was so very happy that I could return that to him; if just for a moment.

Now, do you think it would be too greedy of me to wish for a Meet and Greet so I can actually have him sign my screencap?

Kim

I am really so happy for you Kim. This kinda reminds me of the time Couchie got an M&G and Clay said he knew about FCA and that Quiana loves it. That was soooo thrilling for me I had a perma grin for days....He can really mae our day with just so little.

I think there are fans who are emotionally committed to the idea of Clay as a successful recording artist. Television, film, and theatre are only tolerable to the extent that they further Clay's music career.

Me? I find that view somewhat limiting. Sure, I'd love to see him sell CD's, but I don't think CD recordings alone capture what makes him special.

Honestly, I'm not sure that even a "kick-ass" CD would necessarily be enough to earn him the kind of status and music "cred" that many want for him. Like it or not, he is not one of the "cool kids," and I don't see him ever trying to become one of them. It's not that I think he can't sing songs that could get radio play. I just get the feeling that he doesn't necessarily connect to the kind of music that regularly gets spins on Top 40 formats. If he does make it there, I suspect it will be with a ballad, something that could cross over from AC.

But my instincts are that radio is not going to be the engine of his career. I believe it will be other media (television, film, theatre) that will ultimately fuel his success. Some may consider them merely promotional tools, but I think they will be a much bigger part of his life. Why?

1) Because these allow audiences to see the broader range of his talents--his voice, yes, but also his personality and sense of humor. I have always believed that his comedic skills will be his ticket to broader acceptance, especially among males.

2) Because these tend to be somewhat less fixated on what is trendy at the moment. You don't have to be "hip" to be popular on television, film, or theatre. You just have to be entertaining, and Clay can certainly do that.

3) Because these ultimately offer more long-term career stability and financial reward. There's a reason why so many artists from Beyonce to Billy Ray Cyrus pursue acting careers. Music is a fickle, uncertain industry that often does not pay as much as one imagines. With the CD sales sliding, that's becoming even more and more true.

This Spamalot role may not pay him a fortune (although I suspect he's still getting more than the typical Broadway performer). However, it does come with a lot of benefits. One, I think it will be a tremendous learning experience, giving him the opportunity to develop his acting skills with seasoned professionals. Two, it will expose him to new audiences, people interested in the play who may not have a clue as to how talented he really is, including possible industry folk. And three, it will focus attention on his comedic talent, something that could pay off in terms of television or film roles in the future.

And if he gains broad popularity as an actor/performer, we would probably see an increased interest in his CD's and concerts. Look at the success of Hannah Montana.

In the early days of my fandom, I used think Clay would be recording star. Now I'm beginning to believe he was meant for bigger things.

MWAH JennaZ ITA...WORD!!!!

I really can;t understand why some fans want him to limit himself as a recording artist....he can be so much more.

Gibby I feel your pain...and then some...I have 4 daughters...23, 22, 20 and 18. I feel like I have been on a permanent rollercoaster for the past 10 years or so. Of course, I should have know what to expect since I have three sisters myself and have vivid memories of those teen-ager years when we fought like cats and dogs.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, I now have 4 grown daughters who are foraging their way through life and though I still don't like some of the decisions they are making; they are all pretty independent ladies with good heads on their shoulders and actually are starting to believe that mom knew what she was talking about after all!

Kim

HEEE...this is what I always tell myself whenever I get the inevitable eye roll and exasperated sigh from my 14 and 12 year olds...they will appreciate moms wisdom someday...and they will go through the same thing with their daughters...hee

Can I just follow Jenna around and say "WORD" every few minutes or so? Fantastic post.

Meanwhile....

...I mentioned to my husband again today that I'd really like to go to NYC to see the play. Now, my husband has been extremely tolerant toward my Clay love, and I try my best to keep my spending in check and to not go "too" overboard (2 concerts instead of 10, for example -- and yes, I've told him that I know people who've seen Clay way more than I have). But today, I get an email back from him....there's lots of things that we've talked about doing to our house, and the list keeps getting bigger. Plus, we are serious about taking a long vacation in November 2008 to Disney World (another "not cheap" vacation). So, needless to say, he's trying to convince me to save money and not go. Thing is, I think he's RIGHT -- I don't NEED to see Clay, but I really, really WANT to see Clay. Big difference there. And some of the house things could come back to haunt us big time if they aren't done soon (such as a roof).

I'm bummed, really bummed. I don't know what to do.

cry4:

Awwww I am feeling for you. But I also know how you feel. At this time I want to go and am planning to try and make it happen but I still will have to prioritize the family cos there is Christmas and a big Philippine trip in between. BUT if I can work it that the trip will be affordable for me AFTER all that...then I think I will go. What I am doing different from the CA trip...I am not going to tell my hubby until I know I can afford it. So that will probably be some time next year. But I have told myself that I will enjoy this whole Broadway experience even from afar. IF I can go and see it live with friends...that will be just the cherry on top...but I will be thrilled to just experience it through others.

I'd ask, what's the difference between needing to go to Disney World and wanting to? And that Disney World will be there year after year - this is only gonna happen once.

I guess the difference would be BOTH of them wants the Disney World trip. I know how iffy this whole thing is with hubby's cos sometimes it feels lie we are prioritizing Clay over them. I only discovered recently that my hubby did harbor some resentment about my CA trip because it seem like for a few months all I could think about was this one trip. He is over it now...and I understand where he is coming from that is why I have to handle this one differently IF I am able to go.

[

aikim...good LORD, woman! I guess you're just a gal who can't say no, huh? :lilredani::naughtywag: You were a busy little bee there for six years or so...whoa, mama! :jaw:

Well, I am Catholic and baby no. 4 was definately a surprise, but a good surprise! And to illustrate what fertile Catholic girls we were; in that 6 year time span my three sisters and myself gave my parents 11 grandchildren...my mother just got used to the fact that when one of us called to tell her we were pregnant, the others wouldn't be far behind.

Kim

I feel badly for those who won't be able to go to Spamalot. I well know the feeling, because there are many, many Clay events I haven't been able to go to due to distance and cost. After all, he's only been to Colorado to perform twice, and rarely comes to any of our surroundings states. Clay is doing so much now that I'm having to pick and choose what to go to. Thank goodness for clack! And I'm thrilled that he has so many opportunities, even if I can't partake in all of them directly.

I too know the feeling. I will NEVER forget the day I found out Clay was not coming to Texas, for the JBT. I cannot ever remember feeling that disappointed! I scared myself with the depth of my feeling about this. I was ready to quit the fandom because of how much I hurt. It is a good thing I had a wonderful Clay buddy who talked me off of the ledge! I knew I could not travel but I had Clack and what a great thing that is

I now am in a better position to travel and I try to make at least one concert per tour! Well it's more than one but who's counting? :whistling-1:

I was on the OFC, lurking and reading when he went into chat, so I headed over there. Moves fast but was able to read his responses to questions. Also loved his reply on the spamalot thread. Glad for him that he can go off of the Paxil. Just shook my head when someone said he had been off for a month and had not lost weight. I do not think it is just going to go away instantly. I will probably take a while, and it may not come off. My son who is 28 was a stick to age 23, and a 6'0 went from 160 to about 240 within 3 years. He is trying to loose it but it is not easy. He was very active until work took over and the time spent on being active stopped.

It is a very good thing I do not often visit the ofc messageboards.... :grrrr:

I have a 25 yr. old son who during the last ten years, in his struggle with panic attacks and social anxiety, has gained well over a hundred pounds to his average 6 foot frame. This has occurred directly as a result of the various levels of professionals experimenting and trying to determine what type of treatment would help him. It is painfully ironic that this undesired weight gain undermines an already poor self-esteem and chases the patient further underground. It seems pretty clear to me that people who make snap judgements like this have no understanding of how devastating and unique each of these mental health illnesses and conditions can be to any given individual. And certainly no grasp at all of what I believe to be, imo, in Clay's case, an authentic display of true courage and pure grit in meeting the challenges his profession places him in.

:onsoapbox: Sorry for the rant, but this just pressed one of my higher level of indignation buttons.

On to happier things.....

In any case, though, he remains Clay. I never doubt that. And let me tell you, that's good enough for me. :hubbahubba:

Muskifest....Word, word, word.... and congrats on your NY tickets!!!!!

I think my feet are finally touching the ground....looks down, nope still daylight between me and the carpet! I do think this grin permanently fixed to my face and I know this warm feeling I have in my heart all day is not heartburn!

But truly, I hope that everyone of Clay's fans gets their special moment with him, no matter how brief, because it truly does make you feel more connected to him and there is no feeling like it in the world. He has touched us all in so many ways with his voice, his heart, his humor, his faith and his just being there, that I was so very happy that I could return that to him; if just for a moment.

Now, do you think it would be too greedy of me to wish for a Meet and Greet so I can actually have him sign my screencap?

Kim

Aikim, coming from another (very nearly 50) mom, you have expressed, (bolding mine) a lovely and most unselfish sentiment here; that is, imo, offered in the same generous spirit of the comments Clay so naturally responded to in kind yesterday. I hope your shining example of what elicits "mistiness" in Clay and also expresses so well how many of us would love to have Clay realize, in even the smallest way, how much joy and delightful craziness he has brought into our lives, will not be soon forgotten.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

In the early days of my fandom, I used think Clay would be recording star. Now I'm beginning to believe he was meant for bigger things.

I couldn't agree more!!! I don't need to be right about anything concerning the future of a Mr. Clay Aiken. I am finding his story more and more fascinating as it unfolds.

Bigger.....absolutely. In what direction? Who really knows? The man is full of surprises!!!!

And I'm just hangin in there :hangin: waiting to see what he does next!

zena, don't be sorry - rant away! ITA. I tend to try and stay away from commenting on it because it makes me see red. I have a son in the same position - whether his weight gain has been caused by the meds, we do not know for sure. But it sure makes things more difficult for an already socially anxious teenager.

I understand not being able to financially afford to go and see Spamalot. I quite honestly am there myself, but I'll sacrifice whatever it takes to be there at least once. I have to say that I am glad I don't have to pass my decision by a significant other.....because I wouldn't be able to back down, and I'm sure they'd be able to make a pretty good case against it without even breaking a sweat. That's probably one of the reasons I'm not married anymore. :cryingwlaughter: But hey, I'm making it into a family outing! That's got to count for something.....

I'd ask, what's the difference between needing to go to Disney World and wanting to? And that Disney World will be there year after year - this is only gonna happen once.

I guess the difference would be BOTH of them wants the Disney World trip. I know how iffy this whole thing is with hubby's cos sometimes it feels lie we are prioritizing Clay over them. I only discovered recently that my hubby did harbor some resentment about my CA trip because it seem like for a few months all I could think about was this one trip. He is over it now...and I understand where he is coming from that is why I have to handle this one differently IF I am able to go.

Thanks Ansa for answering the question while I was away for a few hours. That's pretty much it in a nutshell -- we both really want to do Disney World (my husband has NEVER been there, and it's been 15 years for me), while NYC would be pretty much a "me" trip. I think my husband would be great with going to NYC, if there wasn't a Clay aspect involved. This is really the first time he's shown any sort of jealousy toward my Clay stuff, and I love my husband way too much to want him to feel that way.

I'll be fine. And when he gets home this evening, we'll talk about it. I'm not giving up hope yet.

*prays that I get a winning lottery ticket in the next few weeks*

zena, your rant is RIGHT ON!!!!!! MUAH!!

JennaZ

One, I think it will be a tremendous learning experience, giving him the opportunity to develop his acting skills with seasoned professionals. Two, it will expose him to new audiences, people interested in the play who may not have a clue as to how talented he really is, including possible industry folk. And three, it will focus attention on his comedic talent, something that could pay off in terms of television or film roles in the future.

I so agree. I have friends who worry so much about the CD and the radio, the radio, the radio. I have always believed he is so much more than a recording artist. I truly expect him to not only be the entertainer's entertainer, but wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up being "the" producer in many different fields of the entertainment world. He has the ability to do both sides of the business.

aikim I don't think Cloud9 is high enough. Congratulations, you deserve it. :14:

I read a story in a magazine *mumbletymumblety* years ago.

A woman was talking about the bathroom remodels she and her husband kept talking about doing. Every year they would end up going on a family ski trip instead.

When one of her sons was in college he wrote a letter home, reminiscing about the family ski trip and the good memories he had from that.

That was when she realized - she would never have gotten a letter thanking her for the beautiful new bathrooms - that the trips were priceless memories. Meaningful.

Clay trips are priceless memories.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I must have a twisted mind because all I could think of upon hearing that he's been off that thing for about a month is.... so, what happened a month ago? My current choices:

1. Reunion Tourgate -- wow, they must really be titanium if he stopped in the midst of that; the fan reaction alone would have been enough to drive me to every vice known to man

2. The Clyra lunch -- I've never been a big fan of the Clyra (yes, I realize I am alone here. what. ) but if she was the reason/inspiration for this, I'm going to pray for their lifelong happiness every single night

3. His reunion was coming up, there was someone from the past he wanted to see and he was hoping to drop 10 pounds -- welcome to my world! whoever it was, I hope she thought "the weight looked good on him."

Anything else happen?

{{{{anyone not going to see Spamalot}}}} It really gets me when I hear of people profiteering from Clay's fans at the same time the nicest ones are giving up tours and shows. Personally, I'd still rather see him on tour because that guarantees 10 songs from him + lots of banter + group medleys. This is novel and exciting so people are flocking to it but I look forward to the next CD tour -- I guess I prefer it when he's in complete control. LOL!

*looks down in amazement.... and then naughtily upends a pot of ethnic goo.*

Only the story is not true.

Urban legends *77

Claygasm, I am so with you on this

I think it was because I have always felt Clay was multi-faceted - both in talent and desire.

That's one reason I never got in the "HE MUST BE A ROCK/POP STAR!!!!!!" car. I always thought he was destined for more. I always thought he would make his mark in many fields.

Although I do not think he is 100% comparable, since they are different people with somewhat different talents, the person most closely resembling Clay in the pat for me was Danny Kaye, oddly enough the first UNICEF celebrity ambassador.

Hmmm, I wonder if this is going to interfere with Clay's ambassadorial trip next year?

I actually dated a guy named Danny Kaye once. He even had red hair! :cryingwlaughter:

I think there are fans who are emotionally committed to the idea of Clay as a successful recording artist. Television, film, and theatre are only tolerable to the extent that they further Clay's music career.

Me? I find that view somewhat limiting. Sure, I'd love to see him sell CD's, but I don't think CD recordings alone capture what makes him special.

Honestly, I'm not sure that even a "kick-ass" CD would necessarily be enough to earn him the kind of status and music "cred" that many want for him. Like it or not, he is not one of the "cool kids," and I don't see him ever trying to become one of them. It's not that I think he can't sing songs that could get radio play. I just get the feeling that he doesn't necessarily connect to the kind of music that regularly gets spins on Top 40 formats. If he does make it there, I suspect it will be with a ballad, something that could cross over from AC.

But my instincts are that radio is not going to be the engine of his career. I believe it will be other media (television, film, theatre) that will ultimately fuel his success. Some may consider them merely promotional tools, but I think they will be a much bigger part of his life. Why?

1) Because these allow audiences to see the broader range of his talents--his voice, yes, but also his personality and sense of humor. I have always believed that his comedic skills will be his ticket to broader acceptance, especially among males.

2) Because these tend to be somewhat less fixated on what is trendy at the moment. You don't have to be "hip" to be popular on television, film, or theatre. You just have to be entertaining, and Clay can certainly do that.

3) Because these ultimately offer more long-term career stability and financial reward. There's a reason why so many artists from Beyonce to Billy Ray Cyrus pursue acting careers. Music is a fickle, uncertain industry that often does not pay as much as one imagines. With the CD sales sliding, that's becoming even more and more true.

This Spamalot role may not pay him a fortune (although I suspect he's still getting more than the typical Broadway performer). However, it does come with a lot of benefits. One, I think it will be a tremendous learning experience, giving him the opportunity to develop his acting skills with seasoned professionals. Two, it will expose him to new audiences, people interested in the play who may not have a clue as to how talented he really is, including possible industry folk. And three, it will focus attention on his comedic talent, something that could pay off in terms of television or film roles in the future.

And if he gains broad popularity as an actor/performer, we would probably see an increased interest in his CD's and concerts. Look at the success of Hannah Montana.

Great post, Jenna! I totally agree with every word you said!

Can I just follow Jenna around and say "WORD" every few minutes or so? Fantastic post.

Meanwhile....

...I mentioned to my husband again today that I'd really like to go to NYC to see the play. Now, my husband has been extremely tolerant toward my Clay love, and I try my best to keep my spending in check and to not go "too" overboard (2 concerts instead of 10, for example -- and yes, I've told him that I know people who've seen Clay way more than I have). But today, I get an email back from him....there's lots of things that we've talked about doing to our house, and the list keeps getting bigger. Plus, we are serious about taking a long vacation in November 2008 to Disney World (another "not cheap" vacation). So, needless to say, he's trying to convince me to save money and not go. Thing is, I think he's RIGHT -- I don't NEED to see Clay, but I really, really WANT to see Clay. Big difference there. And some of the house things could come back to haunt us big time if they aren't done soon (such as a roof).

:cry4:

Don't be bummed yet. You don't have to be front row center to enjoy this one and he will be there awhile, so its not like you have to make a snap decision. You can take your time and see how things go.

You know what they say - where there's a will, there's a way!

So..... a friend went to see "Jersey Boys" today. She decided she MUST stop by the box office of the Shubert Theater. She calls me at work. Looks like I will be sitting front row center on Clay's opening night!!!

I am excited to be going that night, but to be honest, I think I would rather sit a bit further back!

Although there may be many opportunities to look up Clay's skirt......

I think I have lost my last mind. How do I tell my boss I have to leave a bit early that day??

So..... I have January, February and March taken care of. Now for April....

Its a curse living a train ride away from NYC!

Cotton and Amazed in nj -- doesn't work like that story for me at all. First of all -- no kids, so no one to come to me later and tell me what great memories they have. Also -- this is one of those things that it's a great memory for ME, and it's great to be selfish sometimes. But you know, great memories can also be made together with my husband, and that can include working on our money pit of a house. There's memories attached to almost everything in life, including fixing up a house.

Thanks CG and others who have told me to not give up hope. I'm not at this point -- the end of Clay's run is over 6 months from now. That's a LONG time, in a way, and plenty of time for something to develop for me to gain some extra money. It's just kind of hard when everyone around you is squeeing and eeeeing over their tickets NOW.

And yes, I know I'm being a bit whiny. It's PMS time, work is sucking (two meetings coming up this week, neither of which I'm looking forward to), and then this happens.

<=== In honor of Brave Sir Robin. :coolchicken:

I actually got my Spamalot tickets in the mail today. Well, yes it's for the national tour and my local venue is about 500 miles west of Broadway, but still... We're seeing the show two days after the Kalamazoo Christmas concert, so I'm hoping I'll still have the buzz going on. If I squint at the actor playing Sir Robin hard enough I ought to be able to pretend it's Clay, right? :pinkglasses:

Waves to laughn. ;)

Hey, Clay'll be in NYC for almost 4 months - they'll be tickets available when the timings right - you don't have to make your mind up today. From what I've been reading at CV, the Shubert Theater has 1,500 seats, so even the ones in the back of the venue aren't bad. It only seems like everybody's going because the early planners are so vocal about it.

It's just kind of hard when everyone around you is squeeing and eeeeing over their tickets NOW.

I understand. I don't have tickets either.

And I live in NC. And no Christmas show for me.

Now maybe something will develop and I'll get to go to a CITH concer, but as of now, no. I couldn't believe how early Christmas tickets started selling. And I just couldn't get into it that early. I still wasn't feeling well and just didn't know if I would even feel like going to a show in Nov/Dec.

Now I wish I had a show because I really think his excitement about Spam. will be spilling over and filling him with extra holiday cheer! hee

I am lucky to be going to the Skating show cuz DH goes to the casino boats here and is "game" for a trip to Vegas. He'll 'play' while I 'Clay'!

Now for NYC, I want to go, but I can't just call up and order tickets right out of the gate.

Yeah, I'm a little jealous of those who can and have! But I'm hoping I'll be able to see him in his Broadway debut!

ldyjocelyn , I hope you can find a way for it to work out. But I think you are right to put your marriage first.

As strange as it may sound, there are more important things in the world than Clay Aiken. (Much as I love seeing him live.) And I think he would whole-heartedly agree with this statement! He may have even said it himself.

Just not in his Spamalot Press Release! :cryingwlaughter:

There is a thread on the OFC..."He Sold Out"...the train from Raleigh to New York has sold out on January 18th! I bet there will be some partying going on on that train!

Kim

Meanwhile....

:cry4:

{{ldyj}} I feel your pain. Chances are I will not get to go either. I want to soooooo badly, but my DH is disabled and things are starting to pinch a bit. He was a really good sport about my going to CA for 3 concerts this summer, and seems to be OK with the Wichita and Omaha JNT concerts (I'll be able to drive to them), but I'm afraid a NYC trip would push him to the edge of his good humor. I know that I'm not the only one that won't get to go....but I'll feel like it when I hear about everyone else's great trips.

Damn, damn, damn, damn.....:(

In my excitement to go to this show or that, I often think about those who can't go. It's really hard to contain the excitement and we feed off each other. And more than anything, I love being with the wonderful friends I've made by being a Clay fan.

I know I'm very lucky to have a husband that enjoys seeing concerts - not as much as I do, but enough.

JennaZ

One, I think it will be a tremendous learning experience, giving him the opportunity to develop his acting skills with seasoned professionals. Two, it will expose him to new audiences, people interested in the play who may not have a clue as to how talented he really is, including possible industry folk. And three, it will focus attention on his comedic talent, something that could pay off in terms of television or film roles in the future.

I so agree. I have friends who worry so much about the CD and the radio, the radio, the radio. I have always believed he is so much more than a recording artist. I truly expect him to not only be the entertainer's entertainer, but wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up being "the" producer in many different fields of the entertainment world. He has the ability to do both sides of the business.

aikim I don't think Cloud9 is high enough. Congratulations, you deserve it. :14:

When we first began to see that Clay had this wonderful sense of humor and comedic timing, I knew that he would be more than just a recording star.

I also recall one of the Santa vids where he sounded like he had a German accent, and there have been a couple of times in the last few years that I have seen him slip into the role of a different person, if only for a few minutes. ..... just fleeting, but enough for me to see that he had that “character” talent.

I guess i was in the minority as i never wanted to see him become a “rock”

star....... I wanted/want him to sing songs that are written for that wonderful voice. .... and sorry, but I think of screaming when I hear “rock star”.

My wish for me is a TV show...... variety, not talk. It may just be time to bring them back.

Yep, I agree....... if fact, I am sure he will be a producer!

So I just typed in "Clay Aiken Spamalot" in Yahoo's search engine...142,000 entries. I looked at the titles and they all pretty much posted that MARVELOUS press release!

YEAY! YEAY! :clap:

I am sure he will be a producer!
heh...ToldForThis, you mean like Tyra is? :whistling-1:

Congratulations, Claygasm, on your great opening night seats! Should be a terrific night!

ldyjocelyn, Bookwhore, let me just say that I admire the consideration you have for your husbands. As Cotton so wisely put it:

As strange as it may sound, there are more important things in the world than Clay Aiken.

Clay memories are great. However, ultimately, your husband is the one you go to bed with every night. I don't think Clay would want anyone to compromise their personal relationships for him. It can't be easy for the men in our lives to watch their wives devote so much time and money to a young celebrity. I don't think it's submissive or old-fashioned to give up one Clay experience if it means something extra for them.

That said, I wish we could all win the lottery!

Congratulations, Claygasm, on your great opening night seats! Should be a terrific night!

ldyjocelyn, Bookwhore, let me just say that I admire the consideration you have for your husbands. As Cotton so wisely put it:

As strange as it may sound, there are more important things in the world than Clay Aiken.

Clay memories are great. However, ultimately, your husband is the one you go to bed with every night. I don't think Clay would want anyone to compromise their personal relationships for him. It can't be easy for the men in our lives to watch their wives devote so much time and money to a young celebrity. I don't think it's submissive or old-fashioned to give up one Clay experience if it means something extra for them.

That said, I wish we could all win the lottery!

Jenna... WORD!!! I hope to meet you sometimes. You are sooo wise and I love your posts, always!

It is hard to think of missing the fun, but understanding husbands are to be cherished. I really believe we will get clack of this. Someone will manage to get at least a part of Clay's performance, I just bet. {{{{{hugs to those who cannot go}}}}