#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

Hey, peeps! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Reiki and I each made it home after our long drive home from Wichita. Whew! But it was worth EVERY second. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I've never been unspoilered for a concert - I'm one who CAN'T WAIT for surprises of any sort! Heee. Anyway, I was obviously unspoilered for Wichita 'cuz it was the first concert. And it was a fantastic experience to sit there and hear the lush, gorgeous music and see our amazingly talented and gorgeous boyfriend only a little ways away! Not knowing what was coming next made it even more special.

I'm soooo tired now, after staying up with Bookwhore and JaMar last night. It was great to meet kindred Clay fans, especially ones who are soooo sassy and funny! After they left, I stayed up for awhile to upload a little bit of clack. If anyone's interested, I'm uploading MGUCL and DSIAFCD to the vault now; hopefully they will be downloadable sometime tomorrow.

And now there's talk of merchandise? Do we know what color(s) the hat and scarf are? I'd love to know!

I completely love everything that Clay sings (ad nauseum.)

I consider every performance a gift, and the giver is free to choose that which is given.

I do my best to completely ignore people who criticize Clay because I just don't give a shit about their opinions.

I'm just so excited for tonight's perfomance. My daughter will be there, and I'm thrilled to know what pleasure she will get from this wonderful concert. She just called me to say that she was getting all dressed up to go to the theater!

It makes my heart happy.

I am not caught up, but I want to WORD wandacleo's post!! I listened last night and saw a couple clips this morning.

Tonight I watched DWTS and some other shows instead of following the cellcert because I got the gist of the show now, and I'll probably wait till Sunday to see it in person. I'm taking my niece, a long-time nju friend, and probably my hubby.

(if anyone is looking for a ticket, he will give his up!! PM me!)

In 2 weeks, I'm taking my #1 daughter with me to Williamsport and that will be fabulous!! She loves Clay and will go anytime I buy her a ticket! She wrote a fabulous BEVR at LBFCA a couple years ago when I took her to the Atlanta Christmas 2-fer. That was her first exposure to the ClayNation phenom. She came through with flying colors!! I could repost her BEVR if anyone is interested, she is quite a writer!

Anyhow --- I am super-psyched now to see this show. EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!11!!!!!

:xmas07a: :XmasRed: :xmas07a: :XmasRed: :xmas07a:

Burgundy and Ivory... and in case you missed it, THANK YOU FOR LAST NIGHT'S CLACK!!! It is AWESOME!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks for the answer about the colors of the hat and scarf set. And you're so welcome for the clack! I've enjoyed great clack ever since AI2, and I'm thrilled to have a chance to give some back.

According to CV:

Actually, the scarf and hat I saw were oatmeal/whitish with red embroidery.

Stocking cap, red, w/ Clay Aiken on the front part that can roll up. I think Clayperfect said it is with white lettering. And she said the scarf is cream with red lettering and a very soft fabric, like soft terry cloth or chenille, and has a snowfake and says with love, Clay.

Pictures here at CB, one with the vest (gah): CB

According to CV:

Stocking cap, red, w/ Clay Aiken on the front part that can roll up. I think Clayperfect said it is with white lettering. And she said the scarf is cream with red lettering and a very soft fabric, like soft terry cloth or chenille, and has a snowfake and says with love, Clay.

I know they had the scarves in both colors red with white lettering (that's the one I bought) and oatmeal/creamy white with red lettering. I think they had the hats in both colors too, but I'm not positive. How could I resist something that said love, Clay on it?

Wow, there are some great pictures in the CB thread! Thanks for bringing the link, jmh123. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Did anyone happen to see the poster that was apparently for sale last night? Just wondering if it is a new picture, or a new poster, or what. So the total for the 3 items is $80? Bye, bye money. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Here is a scan of the scarf, from Lewd on CH.

Smartypantssue posted her reading the story story on CV here

Shall I ask her if I can post it here?

Holy shit. I just read it and I literally lost my breath at the one part. Don't miss it! And yeah, it would be great if you could bring it over (with her permission, of course).

This is a recap by farouche at CV, via the CH. Apparently Jemock read the "boots" story last night.

Well, that was a surprise.

I was not expecting or planning on reading a story tonight. I hadn't submitted one for this show and no one had asked me to read one. I'm not a stage person -- trust me. I am traveling with jemock and another friend. Jemock went to the venue for her rehearsal b/c she was reading. When I stepped out of the shower, she was on the phone. They were looking for another reader -- would one of us be willing to come down?

What? Lyric didn't want to and I can't say no to Mr. Aiken so there you go.

I had black velvet pants but nothing black on top. I had no time to do my hair. I traded clothes with lyric and went off to the venue. (Clay kept asking jemock when her friend was going to show up.) When I got there, he was very sweet and friendly and appreciative. I did a cold reading for him and that was that. Off I went to have a drink and figure out how I had gotten myself into this mess.

So apparently the picture of the stalker was being passed around by a security guard, during the bus line. So I guess the reason Clay is not doing them could be that there is a security concern. Or perhaps he has decided that it is just not wise, health-wise, to walk a cold bus line every night. Either way, it's all good with me. As much as I've enjoyed bus lines in the past, I can see why it might not be wise to do them this tour.

Either way, it's all good with me. As much as I've enjoyed bus lines in the past, I can see why it might not be wise to do them this tour.

I'd much rather him be safe and healthy!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetomorroweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Do you think I'm excited.....You bet your sweet bippy! (tm LI) Hey what's a bippy?

Good Morning Everyone,

24 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

27 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

40 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

51 Days until Clay is on Broadway! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Smartypantssue posted her reading the story story on CV here

Shall I ask her if I can post it here?

THANK YOU for bringing that over! I had been looking/watching/waiting and missed it. :cry4: As luckiest1 said....don't miss reading this! I know Suz, and know how she talks; I wondered how she was going to do this. She's a dear lady, but half the time I can't understand ONE WORD she says! :lmaosmiley-1:

In 2 weeks, I'm taking my #1 daughter with me to Williamsport and that will be fabulous!! She loves Clay and will go anytime I buy her a ticket! She wrote a fabulous BEVR at LBFCA a couple years ago when I took her to the Atlanta Christmas 2-fer. That was her first exposure to the ClayNation phenom. She came through with flying colors!! I could repost her BEVR if anyone is interested, she is quite a writer!

Glad to know there will be some FCA'ers there! Hope to have a chance to say Hi!

According to CV:

Pictures here at CB, one with the vest (gah): CB

Did I misunderstand? There are some FAB-O pics of Clay there, but no picture of the scarf that I could see.

Wow, there are some great pictures in the CB thread! Thanks for bringing the link, jmh123. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Did anyone happen to see the poster that was apparently for sale last night? Just wondering if it is a new picture, or a new poster, or what. So the total for the 3 items is $80? Bye, bye money. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Here is a scan of the scarf, from Lewd on CH.

Ditto! :lmaosmiley-1: ...and thanks for bringing the scan over! Am I beyond help if I cry when I see a picture of a scarf?? :fca::cryingwlaughter:

Cindilu, I had that wallpaper as my desktop -- and it looks fabulous with either the brown or wine background. I can't take my eyes off the profile -- with that hair -- and that faint, knowing smile -- it's too much!!!

$80 for the three items of Clay merchandise? Such a deal! Scarves and hats are perfect merchandise items for a winter show.

Okay friends, anybody want to volunteer to get goodies for me? All I need to know is where to send the money. Even if I can't go to a show, at least I can hold some material that's been to a show!!! And it says, Love, Clay? OMG a must have! I'll pay any price, bear any burden, defeat any foe ......

Hey gang!

abbeynormal, deweygirl and I are still in the Aiken fog this morning. The show was, for lack of a better term, AMAZING. He looked so beautiful, even from the front of the mezzanine. My other main thought after seeing the show was this: if I read one more person saying "I want to know what Clay's musical vision is," I will personally hunt them down, tie them to a chair, and make them watch this entire show! :thdom2: JMO of course, but this was a very artistic show and musically beautiful. This show is total joy, as deweygirl just said to me.

I did get clack, albeit from far away. However, I think it will give a very good impression of the staging of the show -- something that I do think is needed.

Anyway, time for a quick shower and then hit the road for home. I need to get home early, as I know Ansa is waiting for my full recap. *g*

*waves at atinal*

ldyjoceyln

This show is total joy

This description cracks me up....when there are others complai-...er...stating their opinions ...about how "somber" and "solemn" the show is. LOL! I'll take joy any day!

keepingfaith...you're not going to a show? I thought you were! :cry4:

Y'all, I'm making an extraordinary effort here....I have seen the set-list...I have seen photos...I am even downloading the clack...but I'm NOT watching or listening to any of it. I have audio on my ipod for the RETURN trip home...but this is the first show I'm attending where I have not spoiled myself silly beforehand. Such a display of fortitude and self-control is unprecedented, believe me...but I hope it will help me enjoy Clay's creation even more...seeing it for the first time LIVE. :)

226389608-M.jpg

S.W.O.O.N.

I love that scarf!

00Isee...

Such a display of fortitude and self-control is unprecedented, believe me...but I hope it will help me enjoy Clay's creation even more...seeing it for the first time LIVE.

Congrats on your fortitude... may you be richly rewarded! Get the audio of St. Louis DSIAFCD... the best I've ever heard! And, the hand cupping the mic during the falsetto is to die for! (not that I'm trying to tempt you or anything, but everyone else... GO SEE IT)

Be back later... have to get out the door to work!