#25: TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• "Irreverent, surprisingly fearless, a total delight and a surprise!"
    • He is not perfect, he is just right!
    • But Clay turned it on, as he always does.
    • I?ve got my Clay Aiken boogie board. Bring it.

French taunters? People are offended by the French taunters?????

I'll take farts, asses, and obscenities over violence any day of the year.

But wanda, they viciously smash poor Patsy with a COW!!!

OMG, I've become completely desensitized to violence. I just shrugged off death by cow.

I'm so ashamed.

Wanda... you're cracking me up tonight! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I was wondering, from his post, if he's a titch concerned about the drop in numbers from week #1??

Anybody else?

Nah...I don;t think so. He knows he already made a difference. I see they are at #6 again in top 10 earner. I guess they have dropped off the top 10 before and now they are back and thats good. The reviews are not even out yet.

I am just not concerned at all about the ticket sales, I just want clay to have fun and to continue to grow as a performer. We really should relax and enjoy the ride and stop stressing about Clay's career. Its doing quite well at the moment.

I was just looking around the OFC...its pretty much like facebook. It would take some getting used to but at least Clay's page is right there. I was looking for familiar names in the people on line and only found YSRN ... will probably explore other fan page tomorrow. Might even try to write a blog...or not...hee

I don't ever worry about Clay. I used to. Early on. But he's proven time and again that he can handle a whole lot more than I can!!!

I just thought there might have been a touch of the "the same 5000" schtick he started in AC JBT, worrying whether people would come to the Christmas tour. Y'all remember that? I think that was the beginning of the 5000 schtick.

Anyway, I'm glad you don't think he concerned. I'm certainly not worried about ticket sales. I'm really wishing I could make multiple trips!

It's late and I'm falling asleep. Really. I've worked so hard today . . .

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

I have done NOTHING!

But I'm still sleepy.

I was hoping we'd get a recap or two.

But I'm hitting the sack.

G'night!

:)

Clay posted in the "is Clay wearing a new wig" thread at the OFC.

OMG this CMSU!!!!!

seriously...a debate on the wig and Clay had to settle it...too surreal!!!

As per usual, LOL, I don't know what CMSU and OFC means.

I assume OFC is another big forum ... I joined another forum before FCA but I stopped going there because I found it too complicated, and this one is easier on the eyes.

How do I find those other posts, are they normally pasted over here... or should I go there to read them? So many questions, and everyone is asleep right now....

:cry4:

French taunters? People are offended by the French taunters?????

I'll take farts, asses, and obscenities over violence any day of the year.

But wanda, they viciously smash poor Patsy with a COW!!!

OMG, I've become completely desensitized to violence. I just shrugged off death by cow.

I'm so ashamed.

Well - in case you didn't know... nobody actually dies in the show! Patsy gets smashed by a cow, and then a few minutes later is running away with the King's gear in the scene right before the intermission!

And when Guard #1 gets slayed by Lancelot, a few minutes later he stands up and sings about Herbert's telling his story.

The "I'm not dead." seems to be a running theme in the show, started at the very beginning with the "I'm not dead yet" song. It's hilarious!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Lancelot's valet gets shot in the chest with an arrow, and still helps Landelot figure out the message on it! And when he catches Herbert when he falls from the tower, he still has the arrow sticking out of his chest!! :cryingwlaughter:

As per usual, LOL, I don't know what CMSU and OFC means.

I assume OFC is another big forum ... I joined another forum before FCA but I stopped going there because I found it too complicated, and this one is easier on the eyes.

How do I find those other posts, are they normally pasted over here... or should I go there to read them? So many questions, and everyone is asleep right now....

:cry4:

Hi Claytonic I see skybar answered OFC but CMSU means "Cracks my shit/ stuff up"

( Depending on your inclination to swear or not) :whistling-1:

I am going to give my assessment of this show, hopefully without giving away actual spoilers. I want to give people an overall flavor of what to expect so they can relax and enjoy the play and not worry about being offended.

DH loves Monty Python but I never cared for it much. The slapstick humor is usually not something I enjoy and that is the type of "violence" in this show. It is more silly than anything. Monty Python humor can be clever but when its crude, on occasion, it can be extremely crude. Though the play is crude in a couple of places, I did not think it was extreme. Surprisingly, I ended up greatly enjoying this play even finding it to be addictive because the next time you see it, you notice more things and the songs can get in your head so that you find yourself singing snatches of them later on. There are 6 female and 6 male extras. The battle with the French which is more verbal taunting, was a little distasteful to me in a couple of parts. The swearing throughout the show is more limited than I expected and I've seen far worse from fans on the boards. Maybe I've gotten used to it. IMO there wasn't much but the words were used for emphasis so they stand out. The second scene I didn't care for was Lance's coming out. It may be more of a style issue for me. It was played flamboyently and the scene was more of a dancing extravaganza. I dislike the same thing in concerts too like what Britney or Madonna do as part of their shows.

A couple of the LOTL's costumes show off her assets but by today's standards, I did not find her outfits sleazy. Quite the opposite. They were often pretty. The costumes in the NY show cover the girls appropriately. I hate costumes with too much butt or too much breast hanging out, but did not notice that problem with the extra's costumes. There is one brief scene where Sir Robin is singing about Broadway and when he mentions naughty girls, one of the extras appears on stage briefly in skimpy lingerie. The girl is gorgeous and frankly, I thought the picture would make a beautiful pin up picture for the guys. I love seeing beautiful and interesting costumes on women. Dancing with the Stars outfits are more outrageous than the costumes in this show.

For me 95% of the show is great. I can live with the two scenes I didn't care much about and enjoy the rest.

Lastly, Clay is fabulous. He owns his parts. I've always liked DHP but he played the role more solemnly and was quite different. More sarcastic. Clay's version is funnier and of course he sings better. DHP plays the piano so has the edge there. But otherwise, these parts were made for Clay and I hope that the critics see that too. Given the media today, I'm not sure what to expect.

Intermission recap of last night's show from CB:

ORCH FILLED, MEZZANINE SPOTTY, BALCONY SPOTTY....

NJU AND EVERYBODY IS LAUGHING AND ENJOYING THE SHOW. PPL NEXT TO THEM SAID CLAY WAS A NATURAL. WHEN HE FOLLOWED THE GIRL WITH THE PRAM AND BABY.....HE PAUSED AND ........SAID..

HEL-LOOOO ..........EVERYBODY LAUGHED, HE IS VERY ANIMATED WITH THE GIRLS, AND ROCKIN OUT ON THE DANCE NUMBERS. THEY THINK THE PEASANT SEAT BELONGS TO A CLAYMATE. IT IS INTERMISSION.

A LOT OF MEN IN THE AUDIENCE, A MAN HAS THE B101 SEAT. MAYBE HE WILL BE THE NEW CLAYMATE...LOL WEATHER IN NYC IS AWFUL. CLAY'S WIG LOOKS GOOD,NO MIC HANGING ON HIS FOREHEAD. VERY RELAXED AND ENJOYING HIS CASTMATES, AND THEY ARE GIVING HIM LITTLE NODS.

PPL IN LINE COMING IN DIDN'T KNOW WHAT CLAY WAS UP TO AFTER AI. OMG.....SOME WERE FANS AND VOTED FOR HIM, A LOT OF YOUNG COLLEGE KIDS THAT ARE INTO MONTY........COUPLES.... FRONT ROW.....THUD!!!!

And a recap from nordie at the CH:

Just a few observations of tonight's show: (I will post a full recap after I see the play again tomorrow and I have time to reflect on each performance.)

NJU crowd of young people, couples, lots of men, and quite a few families.

Clay seemed to be in his element. His exudes confidence in all of his various roles. FLOVE Brother Maynard and his Guard roles!

DH laughed through the whole show.

C101 was chosen as the peasant.

There were about 75 people at the Stage Door. Several PYT. Clay told people that he no longer tries to sign his name, just scribbles his initials. He only made one pass through the crowd and then was gone.

Tom Deckman was greeted quite warmly and gave autographs and kept thanking us for our interest. My DH was taking my picture with him, but he didn't realize it right away, and told DH to take it again because he wasn't looking up at that point. What a nice person! Very talented!

OK, it is waaaaay past my bedtime............

Some info from stripedshirts at CV:

Hi....

2 things I learned from my street scouting today:

- New Spamalot merchandise w Sir Robin should make their debut sometime next wknd, as per merchants at the Schubert. There will be a Tshirt, a magnet, & a button, all w/ Sir Robin's face on them. No word yet on what verbiage may be on them....possibly "Aiken for Sir Robin" but don't quote me on it.

- Keep an eye out on the upcoming new Playbill for the 11th Annual Bway Bears, it'd be a collector's item & another something you'd all want Clay's siggy on.

Here are the Bears that made the cover the past 10 years, & some fun trivia to go w/ each one:

scan

I really hope Sir Robin Bear makes the cover of this year's.

Clay gets funnier, more in control, and more at ease w/ each performance - hard to believe today marks the 2 wk mark since opening night.

Good Morning Everyone,

92 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

94-101 Days until The New CD (keeping fingers and toes crossed!)

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I just thought there might have been a touch of the "the same 5000" schtick he started in AC JBT, worrying whether people would come to the Christmas tour.

See...this is what puzzles me. How you got to that from what he said in that post, which was essentially "come on out to the show." I mean what do you expect him to say? Don't bother? Really I'm curious.

----

Weeee! It's SATURDAY!

Aaaaaaand pitchers & catchers report in 2 weeks ya'll! :lilredani:

---

eta : Stoooopid f'rickin asshat groundhog. <_< I hate have an intense dislike for that critter. Does he ever not see his shadow. WTF.

It sounds to me like there are plenty of Clay fans in attendance every night....I don't think Clay thought we'd fill the theatre every night! I didn't get any sort of "worried" tone from his OFC post at all, just a playful tone.

ivy, thanks for your impressions (although I don't think we need to spoiler things at this point, do we?) Which show did you attend?

Some of the FOP (Famous Ontario Posse :imgtongue: ) are meeting for lunch today. I'm gonna try to be there (although my visiting mother isn't too sure about tagging along to have lunch with "those crazy Clay people"). :cryingwlaughter:

KAndre lift a brow at the Ontario posse...

Hey! As long as Ontario don't be strayin' in our turf...anything 70 degrees and up!

And also reminds me - Houston dudettes - we are doing either Birra's (they already know us and are not afraid) or Zula (we need to train in new waiter minions) on this Monday. Both downtown. Starting at...umm, let me think....6:18pm. Show up when you want. Pipe up if you have a preference!

I just want to add that all are welcome to join us. I know there are some in Houston that are a mite skeered of the eHP but really we are harmless.......well most of us are. (Watch out for Solo *g*)

So come join us and if you ask nicely we might even tell you the name of the restaurant we actually will be at! :cryingwlaughter:

Oh and what is Zulas?

Have we seen this one yet?

ClayatStageDoor1-26-086HOH.jpg

Guh. If you can get yourself away from the chesthair....man, those eyelashes. *sigh* He's so dweemy.

There are sendspace links to video from last night's stage door here at Simply Clay.. I'm downloading now....

ivy, thanks for your impressions on the show! I cannot wait to see this!

If I wasn't splurging on a NYC trip, I'd be in Houston in heartbeat!

Muski clears her throat, grabs the mic and begins! :00000462:

Oh, I'm not done yet,

I got hours 'fore I leave,

No, I'm not done yet,

There's still meeting peeps to feed...

Then it's off I go,

To Houston for some fuuuuuunnnnnnn! :04: :partytime2: :bier:

I wish it wasn't true,

But I am not yet done!

:grrrr:

But :soon:

:cheerleader:

Last day, folks! Then I'm on the jet plane and then two more sleeps and then.....

eHP, here I come! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA:

KAndre lift a brow at the Ontario posse.
..Would this be a 'queeny' brow, KAndre? :whistling-1:

ETA: again....GAH at that picture! As if he just threw the coat over his naked self!

:Thud:

Zula is a hip spot for hipsters like the eHP!

Heh!

I read where Zula is for those that bling, or want to be blinged. HA!

I haven't eaten there, but it has a good rep and I'm hip to go if that's the call. Birra's is less pricey, and has those stuffed mushrooms we adore, but I like trying new things. Too bad we don't have a Sugar Daddy picking up the check for Brennan's on the eve of Mardi Gras!!!!!

I'm being tempted to go to Galveston tonight especially since it's going to be in the 70's .... DARE I???? A girl I went to high school with has one of those old Victorians on tonight's parade route and invited a bunch of people to party. Personally I prefer the music and madness of The Strand ... but maybe I'll hold my powder for Monday night!

http://www.mardigrasgalveston.com/

See...this is what puzzles me. How you got to that from what he said in that post, which was essentially "come on out to the show." I mean what do you expect him to say? Don't bother? Really I'm curious.

Really.

It was just a passing thought. It's being given way more weight than I even gave it.

I'm not trying to defend where my mind went. It went where it went. Perhaps my smile didn't come through with the original thought. Sorry.

At the end of the second clip that ldyjocelyn posted about there is the cutest moment where he is going back inside and someone is coming out and he makes out like he is a fan. Just too cute!

Zulas and Hip = me.....no way

Really.

It was just a passing thought. It's being given way more weight than I even gave it.

I'm not trying to defend where my mind went. It went where it went. Perhaps my smile didn't come through with the original thought. Sorry.

Well I've seen several other people post essentially the same thought in other places so I figured I mighta missed something.

At the end of the second clip that ldyjocelyn posted about there is the cutest moment where he is going back inside and someone is coming out and he makes out like he is a fan. Just too cute!

Zulas and Hip = me.....no way

Nah, nah, nah, where's your math, baby?

Zula + merrieeee = HIP

Muski clears her throat, grabs the mic and begins! :00000462:

Oh, I'm not done yet,

I got hours 'fore I leave,

No, I'm not done yet,

There's still meeting peeps to feed...

Then it's off I go,

To Houston for some fuuuuuunnnnnnn! :04: :partytime2: :bier:

I wish it wasn't true,

But I am not yet done!

But :soon:

:cheerleader:

Last day, folks! Then I'm on the jet plane and then two more sleeps and then.....

eHP, here I come! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA:

KAndre lift a brow at the Ontario posse.
..Would this be a 'queeny' brow, KAndre? :whistling-1:

ETA: again....GAH at that picture! As if he just threw the coat over his naked self!

:Thud:

muski... BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter: I love when people create new lyrics to songs to fit a situation and Not Dead Yet is one of my faves. I love laughing first thing in the morning!

AND, totally agree bout that picture. GAH!!! What persuades a man who has mostly worn shirts up to his neck to bare a little flesh.... or should I say who? hmmmm!