#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

I don't know - I think the multiple buying thing was mostly something that happened with MOAM and is now a part of the Claymate mythology. I'm not saying it doesn't happen (or isn't encouraged by some folks) but I don't think it's quite as prevelant as some do. I buy one from Amazon, and one from brick and motor - because I can, and I want to support him. And I buy one from the same in the US if possible, because 'our' numbers don't mean anything in the big scheme of things. I don't see anything artificial in that.

And blonde Clay? just does something special to my girlie parts. I 'know' that the darker hair suits him better, but there's just something about him with the light blonde hair - just gahhhhhhhhhhh.

Most users ever online was 225 on Sep 27 2007, 11:06 PM
What happened on that day?

I am doing my best to catch up on what everyone already knows.... I already impress some people , well okay, NJUs... with my knowledge about Clay.....of course they don't know where I get it all from....

hi from the Philippines...is 3:15 am now...and my body insists that its actually 2 in the afternoon...so I am wide awake. But I see I still have several pages to catch up on so i probably won't do that tonight. I really want to try to go back to sleep to adjust properly to the time difference so I will give you guys an update tomorrow...and comment on the posts then too. The trip was long but relatively easy with the girls and we are having a great time around here.

((((couchie and mom))))

CG...only multiples I got was MCWL...I got one extra as gift...and ATDW...one real copy and one from itunes. I really don;t think the multiple buying is as prevalent as we think.

now crosses fingers that this posts and I don;t have to do it 3 times like the last post. Now...off to bed with me.

The date for Clay's CD changed multiple times BEFORE it was listed on Amazon as was my recollection. No, the actual date was TBD for a long time and then the date was added. And it was listed on Amazon during a holiday or a weekend..and that puppy rose to the top in a matter of hours. As for buying multiples...Let's say there was twenty thousand people in the online fandom during Moam Days. I think I'm being generous. And let's say we all bought 7 which is absolutely not correct. That's 140,000 albums out of 2.9 million. I actually think it's more like 10K and maybe 50% of those buy multiples, anywhere from 2 to that mythical 7. which is closer to 10K to 70,000. IMO. So I dont' really think it qualifies as a phenomenon. I could see if he sold 500,000 albums but he didn't..it was 3 million. And we know it didn't happen for ATDW..some people refused to buy 1 for whatever reason. I'll buy at least one of everything simply for the fact that I'd like him to do well and will look forward to the next thing.

ETA: but the music business has absolutely changed since MoaM. I don't even buy CD's anymore I download everything. Most people download their music for free or buy songs and not albums. Clay too will be affected by this after all...2.8 other people bought MoaM. I'll definitely be buying a few of these and they all go to good homes. The multiple concerts I do for me. Anything over 1 CD? I do for him if that makes any sense. That's just how I look at it.

you can look in the archives to see what was going on..don't know off hand.

I usually only buy 2 CD's. One for me, and one for my mother. I was late buying MOAM because my life at that time was non stop and I really was not paying attention. My sister got my mother one for Christmas. I borrowed it, then went out and bought my own copy.(I was good I could of burned it!).

I had a good day at bowling this am. I have not bowled for two weeks, so sometimes I pay for that. My average this year is down from 150 to 145. I have not had any great weeks. Today I had a 185, 198, and 160. With all that my team only won 1 game. We do better it seems when I suck.

I usually buy multiples of almost anything Clay does! Hee. Of Clay's CD's, I actually usually buy "too" many -- of course, that helps him, but I do have 3 of all his CD's sitting around, I think. I usually get one for my car, one for my house, and one that I keep hermetically sealed to keep forever as an archived copy. (Also, hoping that when I'm 85 and need to pay for my nursing home, I can sell it for ooodles of monies.... *g*) Now that I have an iPod, I'm sure I'll also get a copy from iTunes. I will also probably buy a few copies of his new album for a few people who I know will like it, or have talked to me about liking Clay.

But that's just me.

As for your other question CG, I've been trying to search archives of message boards, to no avail. I think couchie's theory may be correct, though....it was TBD for a LONG time.

Thank you Hannah for the great interview regarding Clay! Very cool! And I think this is definitely thread title material:

He's a triumph in the show

Oh, keeping! Now you got me.....you posted a Martha pic. My favorite day ever, I think. The performance from that show is one of my most favorite pieces of clack. Dayum! I think Clay looks gorgeous in those 3 blond photos I posted up thread but the blond hair has been touch and go for me.....I sure want to touch it but I sort of wish it would go. I like his hair longish and loose, sans product, the color isn't so much of an issue as is the way it's styled.

Can't wait for the first rumor to leak from a venue. Canandiagua was wonderful last year, the rain was magical. I'll be back in a heartbeat if he plays there again. I expect that not all of the venues would be outdoor amphitheaters, and that there would be some indoor theaters thrown into the mix as well. I was thinking about Houston and the Woodlands would be a great place.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to Hannah Waddingham. Such a classy and talented lady.......CD can stand for a lot of things. Maybe she was just being polite in mixed company. But how excellent that Clay is getting recognition and acceptance of his talents from people who are just as talented themselves. That kind of respect has to be earned and he couldn't buy that kind of praise from her, even with seven CDs.

Glad to see some people are finally up. Do you think some of you could set your alarms for 4:00 AM so I'd have someone to play with in the middle of the day? If I sent you seven CDs? A slightly used camera? Anything? Hmmmph! I thought so..

Is this really the "mean" board? I don't get it either, but then, kindadense is my middle name.

Perma, now that you mention it and seeing how I am kindadense, I think I do remember you having the FZ18 and posting about it to Gibby. The time I saw Spam in January I was so far back in the crowd I didn't bother to try and I had a small Canon with 6X with me. I'm not sure what to take with me in April. I had thought I might take a few practice shots outside in Shubert Alley before the show but I'm not so certain it will be dark before eight then......wait....at the first of April it should be....but the time changes soon doesn't it? Oh God, I'm so confused!

But why am I sweating it? I'll be in the back row again anyway. :cryingwlaughter:

Before I forget, :DHappy Birthday to the person who first introduced me to the FZ18, Perusing One!

I think I bought about ten MOAMs, kept two and gave the rest away. After that, I bought on average three of the others, kept two and given one away. I figured my sister and sisters-in-law could afford to buy their own.

gbmifan wrote:

I had a good day at bowling this am. I have not bowled for two weeks, so sometimes I pay for that. My average this year is down from 150 to 145. I have not had any great weeks. Today I had a 185, 198, and 160. With all that my team only won 1 game. We do better it seems when I suck.

YES!! Grabs gbmifan and twirls her around. A bowler! :ura: Wow! You had a great day!

I need an mp3 audio only of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

CG, as for buying multiples....before I had my iPod I would buy one copy for home, one copy for work, one copy for my bag that I took to the tanning salon with me and one copy for my car. That way I was nevery without my Clay. No, I never bought multiples of any other artist. But this is Clay we're talking about. Other artists I didn't suffer DT's if I found myself without their CD close at hand. I think the number of folks that bough multiple copies didn't affect the overall sales that much. There just weren't that many. And the only person I've ever bought a copy for and foisted upon them was my daughter.

or maybe the name of the album was TBD heee. I forget. I just dont' remember the date changing multiple times after it was actually set. The reason it kept changing in the first place really had nothing to do with Clay and everything to do with the fact that they were trying to get Ruben's album out first as the winner. Finally after delay after delay... Clay was able to release his album first. Don't know if that's fact, bad memory or myth..but that's what I recall.

gbmifan...THANK YOU! I got my money back from Bank of America. This is the one time whining about my life actually helped me!!

Yay birthday girls..hope you have a great day SoulSista and Perusingone (the first stranger I slept with on this journey we're on. In fact I got to the hotel during the Idol tour and I didn't even know her real name but somehow talked my way into the room!!)

eeeeeeeeee Ansa!!

I bought multiples of BOTW/TITN - and let me te3ll you, I have given almost all of them away. So many people became fans after it was sold out.. I bought multiple Solitair/the way, not so much of a demand for that. I bought two WTWNN and GBTUSA - and gave one to my sister. I like the second version of WTWNN with Rickey Ruben and Clay only.

I bought a lot of MOAM, and gave them to friends who actually liked it and one who felt "dirty" after I gave it to him - no soup for you! I like to have one sealed hard copy and a digital or opened hard copy. MCWL is a great Chirstmas gift and cheap! I need to download a version from Itunes so I don't corupt my computer. If they rerelease it, I hope they don't have that crappy software on it.

ATDW - let's see, a copy when released, a copy from Kmart, a copy from Itunes. a sealed copy. Now if you are going to ask me about others copies I bought, it would be the Kmart album for people who had none-near them, I think I bought about 20. So my urban Kmart now thinks Clay is a big seller. I told other fans around here that they had lots of copies there and they did sell out. But my! 50 cent and Clay Aiken their big sales in the CD department that month!

Umm wasn't that the day when the infamous pic from Tangerinee was posted and someone...I wonder who :whistling-1: ....posted about it on another board and everyone came over to look atogle it

I usually only buy 2 CD's. One for me, and one for my mother. I was late buying MOAM because my life at that time was non stop and I really was not paying attention. My sister got my mother one for Christmas. I borrowed it, then went out and bought my own copy.(I was good I could of burned it!).

Decided to pull myself off the couch and see what was going on and I see we have another bowler here! Those are great scrores...my average is 127; but I generally bowl better than that...I am still waiting for that 200 game. Hubby and I bowl on Friday nights.

Love the quote from Hannah!

Had some chicken soup and feeling a little better; going back to bed and sleeping for two more hours helped too.

Kim

Yeah, I remember what Couchie remembers about MOAM - things were shifting constantly and it tended to be in the mainstream press because Ruben and Clay were THE hot entertainment story that year...especially after the crazy selling of TITN. Multiples? I never really did it - I think I bought 4 MOAMs - one from Amazon, two from a brick-and-mortar (because either my niece or my sister stole my copy - and it never occured to me to get them one as I thought they could get their own and it turns out that they did - it just happened to be mine), and one from the Phillipines or Indonesia or something because it was different.

I am doing my best to catch up on what everyone already knows.... I already impress some people , well okay, NJUs... with my knowledge about Clay.....of course they don't know where I get it all from....

Wasn't that the day of the (now deleted) post claiming Clay was buying real estate in Montana or some such place? That was then linked to lots of other boards? Or was it the day we were first with a sexy pic that got linked a lot? (one of Muski's favorites)

Umm wasn't that the day when the infamous pic from Tangerinee was posted and someone...I wonder who :whistling-1: ....posted about it on another board and everyone came over to look atogle it

You might be right, being as how you had intimate knowledge of this. Heh.

And, if I'm not mistaken, that there "lipbalm" was meant for use ON the package weren't it? heh

No?

treenuts you're becoming quite the little smut queen.

*bolding mine*

Becoming? Damn! MUSTWORKHARDERMUSTWORKHARDER!!

I have to say, ATDW promo hair was de BOMB. Floved it! But as long as he at least HAS his hair I'm happy. heh

(((((couchie & mom)))))

Lovin' Hannah W.'s remarks. V. classy lady. Muah

And this one's for muski, cause I know she lurves her some adams' apple and I wanna hear her languid tales of lusting for it....ehm.....are ya listening miss?!

Sorry, but you just need to double-click then lick!

...(because either my niece or my sister stole my copy - and it never occured to me to get them one as I thought they could get their own and it turns out that they did - it just happened to be mine),...
Now this is funny.

I usually buy three; one to keep unwrapped, one for my car/office and one for home. I used to take them back and forth between car, office and home but got tired of that quickly. So now I buy one to keep in the car. My sisters like Clay so I also pick up one for each of them. They are so cute. They don't follow his career, but watch his TV appearances and hate the slams by the media and stupid comics. I love my sisters. It is now a tradition and they already let me know they are expecting a copy of his new CD from me.

Buying multiples, had never done it for any other artist. I didn't know it was going on when MOAM was released, since I wasn't on the internet at the time. I did buy one for my car and one for home of that cd.

I bought one of BOTW/TITN and was sorry I only bought one because I spilled something on the CD cover in my car and it was pretty messed up, luckily a couple of months later I found one in Best Buy that I have kept sealed. (This surprised me because it was a couple of years after that single was released)

I bought one of TW/Solitaire, I don't think I have an unopened one of that CD.

I did buy 10 or 11 of MCWL. There are 2 groups of friends that I buy Christmas gifts for every year, so I added this to their gift bags, most of them commented that they loved that CD, and still the one group that I paint with plays that CD each year during the holiday season and several say that it is their favorite Christmas CD.

Like play, when ATDW came out I was running to KMart and buying it for people who couldn't get that version, I sent 2 or 3 of those to Canada. I bought the Sony music store one to get the magnet, but the biggest thrill of that purchase was having the CD 2 days before it came out. ( I have no idea where that magnet is now) ha. Of course I had to buy the ITunes one to get LAA.

I bought multiples of All Is Well I gave several of those as gifts and still have a couple of unopened copies of that one too.

I guess i have had different reasons for buying extras of each of the CDs. Deep down, I'm sure I do it as my way of supporting Clay. I'm not usually able to do multiple concerts, I will probably not have the opportunity to go to Spamalot. This is something I can do and it's not like when I die someone is going to open my closet and a thousand Clay Aiken CDs will come tumbling out.

Maybe someone who bought extras can give Hannah her own set!! :cryingwlaughter:

Wait! What pic!!???!! I wanna ogle it!!!

re: multiples - I did buy 7 of MOAM pre Master and Commander's instructions! hee

I had recipients in mind for some of them - and I gave others as gifts or "Clay It Forwards". I gave one to a teacher whose mother had a stroke and I wanted her to hear "I Will Carry You". I got the loveliest note from her telling me how much the song meant to her - and that she enjoyed the whole CD.

I have given MCWL and AIW as Christmas gifts so I bought several of those. I like having the hard copy CD with the album notes, et al. I'm still old-fashioned that way!

Oops!

Why'd that double post??!!

Since I have this post just sitting here - I've been watching AIR.

What's up with Olivia getting to critique everybody but Clay??!!

He got standing O's but - the only comment was Simon's 'just like last week comment.'

Pffft!