#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

btw Cha cha..I wanted to tell you that the car you're working on is beautiful. It sounds like a project of love.

awwwwww - thanks, couchie!! It would have to be, we've had it for 35+ years and it had to be put on hold while the kids all went thru college. Last one is out now! chachadotter#2 - the one you met in SF.

So tomorrow is the final push - if we can get it together, we will be off to WV!

Here's a glimpse of what it looks like now. Still a ways to go!

(bear in mind this is a very old car [1961], and it has lots of rust!

the newest parts are the tires and the paint! And pay no attention to the mess in the rest of the garage! :D)

onewing.jpg

There is a "wing" and running board on both sides of the car now!

My phone ran out of battery and I was too tired to go get the camera...

If anyone reads the CB, this is a cute thread!

Clay, Then and Now

Tijala

Thank you so much! I just love that page, and I'd not seen many of those pics, especially the pre-Idol ones. They are just great, I've bookmarked the page!

ETA: This is for the quilters on this board

We have a show here called The New Inventors ... one of my favourites. Last night, they screened the following invention:

Adjustable Quilting Rulers

The Adjustable Quilting Ruler is a quilting tool that not only helps you hold your fabric exactly in line so every cut is completely accurate, it also works like a calculator to take some of the hard sums out of the equation.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2287744.htm

(watch the video)

---

LOVE that Clay is in Africa bringing attention to some of the awful traditions there. There was a girl on this past season of America's Top Model who was from Ethiopia. She had been a victim of genital mutilation, and thought it was important to show others that life can go on by being a role model. She got pretty close to the top! She looked a lot like Iman, but didn't have the IT factor I guess. I think she came in 4th.

LONG LIVE THE CLAY!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think she was from Somalia, not Ethiopia. Genital Mutilation is also practiced in Ethiopia, but mainly in the north and the eastern area near the Somalia border - Harar and Dire Dawa.. The rate is not nearly as high as in Somalia, but even one is too many.

I might see a goatee, but I don't see a mustache.

From the OFC, via CH:

07/02/08 Clay to Appear on UNICEF/CNN Special 7/6/08

The Survival Project: One Child at a Time - A historic global broadcast on CNN and CNN International.

Our Man will have a video diary featured during the show.

Go HERE to sign the pledge to join UNICEF in the fight for child survival.

I'm glad that they have posted this info ahead of time.

Good Morning Everyone;

Glad to see the CNN Special is listed at the OFC; looking forward to seeing it.

Yesterday at work, I spent the day checking for missing items which involved walking the stacks; checking the shelves...I must have done a lot of reaching because today I can barely raise my right arm...my shoulder and upper back are very stiff...should be a fun day at work.

3 Days until Clay is on CNN for UNICEF!

:woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm looking for a weekend watching softball in a lovely location StrikeTHree.jpgC.gif

What a great pic!

Is that your DD?!

Great shot!!

Hope I didn't mess up attribution!!

Well, for me - he is an enigma. A mystery.<snip>I can barely run my own life. I'm sure not going to judge the way he lives his.

I don't really care how he looks when he's passing through LAX. I think he dresses like DS in his off time. I don't really care that much about his hair.

Although there are times when he looks so damned good he makes me melt! :hubbahubba:

So - yeah, on some level I believe I 'know' Clay Aiken.

And I kinda like him!

:wub:

Cotton... I'm on bended knees with a glass ring to ask if I can marry this post and have it's babies! IIT! :cryingwlaughter:

A GLASS ring?? A GLASS ring?

What, no diamond??!!

At least QZ???

:cryingwlaughter:

(really, thanks!)

I really liked the blond hair, but I could get used to the darker hair...and I love Clay in longer hair...he needs to keep in that way.

I love the longer hair, too. After I said I didn't care about it. *g*

But I do like him with lighter hair which I believe is closer to "the rug". :whistling-1:

In any case, I can't wait to see more pictures of him - which I feel will reassure ALL that he is well and happy!!

I gotta work - even earlier today - so I'll miss out again on the scintillating discussion! I really had to skim last night, so I missed a lot!

:013085001176249046:

and

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Back....by popular demand:

SONG OF THE DAY: As Long As We're Here

Thanks Tijala for bringing over that CB thread. Some very lovely pictures there.

The Broads have the next two matches up -- Clay as Santa vs. Charlotte NAT ISY, and Good News (Kansas City) vs. LAA (Houston). Link is here.

Have a great day everyone!

Well, lookee here what I found!

Hot Time in the Old Barn Tonight

It's a sendspace for the 192Kbps mp3s of the complete Tulsa 070707 concert. If the CH and CU wants to put them up, there will also be the full wav files (a whole gig!).

Waves at the eHP-- listening to this brought back so many memories! I wanna do another road trip!

*waves back at kimiye* Good times! Thanks for posting this link. I'm looking forward to the .wav files. Don't worry if the CH/CU is slow to update, both geekette and Evangeline are off on adventures. *envious, especially since someone claimed "my" room as her own, sniff*

Slightly larger version of the pic that aikim posted the link to:

somalia1_jun-jul08.jpg

I like the hair already -- but I want a bigger clearer picture! Until then I'll just imagine the goatee since I can't see it.

Thanks for bringing the pics, annabear and aikim!

I have one friend on another board who cannot yet bring herself to listen to his cd, but at least is still posting, but I think mainly cause of the friends she has made. I mean, I love the man, truly. I consider him like a son that isn't so I can enjoy his sexiness. :cryingwlaughter: While I was shocked at this news we don't even know the truth of, I sure am not upset with him over it. I feel so sorry for those who have been hit so hard by this.

I'm glad she's still posting and hopefully e-mailing or talking to people on the phone. For folks who have a difficult time with the IIU, I've seen that a more personal touch (phone or better yet face-to-face) is better because it lets people walk though things at their own pace, and because it takes different things for different people to come to terms as best they can given that there isn't (and may not be) anything definite said about it. {{{your friend and you for helping her}}} :console:

Mmm, I missed the ALAWH discussion, but those lines are my favorites as well. I don't think I posted this? Hee - these things are totally useless beyond the pleasure I get from making them. I have no clue what to do with them once they're finished.

alawhani2.gif

And this one from a schmoopy day...

Loving.gif

I too made a July calendar from that graphic, as well as a cutsie one...

Click as you wish...

Loving July (regular screen)

Cutsie July (regular screen)

There are widescreen versions, as well as versions without dates on my yuku page.

cindilu, these are stunning. Thank you!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Good news - as I suspected, there's nothing wrong with my lumbar spine. Yay!! :00000442: The MRI was essentially negative. Which means that I have piriformis syndrome. That's a pain in the butt - literally!

Gibby, I'm so happy to hear the good news!!! Yay!!! :confetti2::twinklewhore::highfive:

Clay, Then and Now

tijala, Thanks for the nice link. Hugs to you and DD & good luck with all the houseguests! :thbighug-1:

We have a show here called The New Inventors ... one of my favourites. Last night, they screened the following invention:

Adjustable Quilting Rulers

The Adjustable Quilting Ruler is a quilting tool that not only helps you hold your fabric exactly in line so every cut is completely accurate, it also works like a calculator to take some of the hard sums out of the equation.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/newinventors/txt/s2287744.htm

(watch the video)

I have no idea what to do with it yet, but I'll find out. Thanks for the link!!!

This is for my sweet baboo, glad you had a great first day! :1:

Did anyone else get a postcard from UNICEF advertising the CNN Special? It doesn't mention Clay, just Sanjay Gupta. Haven't seen anything mentioned on the boards, but this must be a really big push by UNICEF if they are going to the expense of a direct mail advertising campaign.

There's no request for donations on the card, just a "watch the show."

ETA. There is a small donate at www. blah blah, but it is not the focus.

When he's with us, I breathe easier, but the point is, I still breathe when he's not around, so it can't be that big a deal. I just look forward to those easier breathing days somewhere in the future....it's all good, at least as long as I keep breathing.

Awwwwww, I loved this. Breathe for me, honey! :lol:

The Broads have the next two matches up -- Clay as Santa vs. Charlotte NAT ISY, and Good News (Kansas City) vs. LAA (Houston). Link is here.

Oh wow, that's a funny match up! How the heck to choose? Can't wait to get home tonight and watch.

Off to listen to ALAWH a thousand times get some work done. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yay, we're commenting about ALAWH now! I've gotta get off to work, so I don't have time to put together new comments. I'm gonna cheat and paste in what I said the last time, with a few modifications. :imgtongue:

This song is in the key of c# minor. I like how it starts out with a mournful electric guitar sound, and gradually adds instruments for a nice layered effect. I REALLY like Clay's vocal styling on 'hands' in the first verse (in the phrase 'through my hands'). Gorgeous little bit of melisma there! I like how the entire band comes in and rocks out a bit at the chorus. The celtic fiddle and the out of tune piano add to the mournful sound through the rest of the song. I like the swaying feel of the 3/4 time signature.

I don’t love the way Clay sings 'why' (in the phrase 'we're gonna understand why'). For me it's not his strongest vocalization, except on the next to last chorus, where he wails it gloriously! On the other choruses it might have worked better if Kipper had put some instrumentation on the same note with Clay. But that's a very little quibble in an album full of amazing production and singing! And other than 'why,' I really love how Clay wails on the choruses. Makes me want to sing along every time. I really get the feeling that he connects with the lyrics!

The instrumental interlude with the celtic fiddle is very nice! It transitions into a quieter mood for the bridge. The bridge consists of the words we all love: 'When you're with me, I breathe easy. You are my need, right now love me!' The harmony, instrumentation, and singing in are absolutely gorgeous in this section. Clay sings it in sort of a mournful and almost ethereal way. The band matches that mood until the end of the bridge, when the volume and intensity increases until they all wail on the last two choruses. The album ends without resolving (going back to the tonic chord).

Lyrically there's a lot to like, too. These are my favorite lyrics in the song:

Some people live their lives

Holding their fears inside them

Afraid to build windows to let the

Light of the word in

They hide in the darkness of

Self-imposed walls

If they could just tear them down

They’d have it all

Yes! Couldn’t agree more. And he sings it purdy, too!

BTW, this song could be performed in concert without having to lug around an actual out-of-tune piano. I’ve played on a couple of electric keyboards that have settings for almost every sound you can think of, including an out-of-tune piano. One of the settings for an out-of-tune piano is named honky tonk! Of course, Clay might decide that he wants the actual instrument there if he likes how it sounds better.

Naughty, naughty Lecherous Broads! Now I need to go through my top 27 versions of NAT ISY to make sure Charlotte is the best,,,but I must listen to As Long As We're Here. I guess I've be forced to alternative. The suffering I'm willing to do for one Clay Aiken is amazing, ain't it?

I Survived You speaks directly to my hindbrain and fills it with fantasy and make up sex. It's one of the two I could actually picture a music video and man it was HOT!

As Long As We're Here speaks to my forebrain and fills it with fantasy and I'm never leaving you sex. Surprise! The other one I see a music video for. Hot, hot, hot.

Both of these song simply scream passion and domination and savory rather than sweet love.

As Long is just perfect from the owly sounds - it even has lyrics that I freakin' LOVE - from the second verse, "Words said in anger aimed at someone - Are hard to take back once the damage is done" to the third, "They hide in the darkness of self-imposed walls - If they'd could just tear them down they'd have it all", and the thingy bridge ...KAndre looks up at Gibby's post, crosses out "thingy" and puts in "bridge"... that starts, "When you're with me, I breathe easy" - oh, that's just GLORIOUS. I want that man! WANT! And since this is a bridge, it's the frickin' Golden Gate, imposing itself on the landscape in such a way you can't imagine it's surrounding's without it...

And the chorus, oh the chorus.

But I have two lovers - I Survived You - Houston NAT, the wav from mime_fan. I was there. That man could make me sorry for every wrong I done him. It starts so clean and spare - and he's so angry - I could channel that anger in such a delightful direction. And my glory note, mine.

I don't know why I think these songs are all about me - but they are!

Thank heavens my chiropractic appointment is just across the street because I can't leave with only ten plays (of each).

Just popping in to post the sendspace for the full Fort Myers audio in mp3-- it will all be at CH and CU eventually but everyone's on vacation! waves at Scarlett!

Fort Myers with best audience banter evah!

The banter is more split than usual because there was so much, and I love to repeat the parts where certain eHP members get just a little bit of attention. The sound was much better than Tulsa, especially after they turned on the left stage speakers a few bars into WISYS. Both the audience and the orchestra were very loud, so be wary with your volume control when the applause comes. Clay liked it, though!

MUAH to kimiye for finding those great sound files! I'll try to get Tulsa downloaded tonight (I was there!) and hopefully have room on my computer for Fort Myers as well! You're right the banter that night (even though I wasn't there, sob) was fantastic.

Betty897X has posted her final two wallpapers in the OMWH series:

Falling

th_falling2b.jpg

The Real Me

th_trm4c.jpg

She's also posted a different one for ALAWH:

th_alawh2a.jpg

Finally, she has created zip files for the entire series...

1024x768 zip file

http://www.mediafire.com/?fnxwzddyxej

1280x800 zip file

http://www.mediafire.com/?xnpjmymnrng

MUAH to Betty -- and BRAVO!!!!!!

KAndre, I hear ya about ISY...'cause I think the best ISY is the one I saw, in Columbus. That was a great night....

Good news - as I suspected, there's nothing wrong with my lumbar spine. Yay!! :00000442: The MRI was essentially negative. Which means that I have piriformis syndrome. That's a pain in the butt - literally!

I saw sports medicine chiropractor yesterday, who sleuthed out what's stressing my piriformis muscle and irritating the sciatic nerve, and what to do about it. It will take awhile to fix it, but at least I don't need back surgery!

How absolutely WONDERFUL to see the new UNICEF pic of Clay! It makes me so happy to see him doing something that brings him satisfaction and fulfillment. I'm hoping that we will get some clearer pictures, to determine whether he really has a goatee. It could be that it just looks like a goatee because the pic is rather blurry.

I think I'll join KAndre in dancing about Clay!

Dance, dance, dance!!! :nanas:

Gibby... CONGRATS!!!! That's wonderful to hear. Even if it takes awhile, you know it's a comin' :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Naughty, naughty Lecherous Broads! Now I need to go through my top 27 versions of NAT ISY to make sure Charlotte is the best,,,but I must listen to As Long As We're Here. I guess I've be forced to alternative. The suffering I'm willing to do for one Clay Aiken is amazing, ain't it?

I Survived You speaks directly to my hindbrain and fills it with fantasy and make up sex. It's one of the two I could actually picture a music video and man it was HOT!

As Long As We're Here speaks to my forebrain and fills it with fantasy and I'm never leaving you sex. Surprise! The other one I see a music video for. Hot, hot, hot.

Both of these song simply scream passion and domination and savory rather than sweet love.

As Long is just perfect from the owly sounds - it even has lyrics that I freakin' LOVE - from the second verse, "Words said in anger aimed at someone - Are hard to take back once the damage is done" to the third, "They hide in the darkness of self-imposed walls - If they'd could just tear them down they'd have it all", and the thingy bridge ...KAndre looks up at Gibby's post, crosses out "thingy" and puts in "bridge"... that starts, "When you're with me, I breathe easy" - oh, that's just GLORIOUS. I want that man! WANT! And since this is a bridge, it's the frickin' Golden Gate, imposing itself on the landscape in such a way you can't imagine it's surrounding's without it...

And the chorus, oh the chorus.

But I have two lovers - I Survived You - Houston NAT, the wav from mime_fan. I was there. That man could make me sorry for every wrong I done him. It starts so clean and spare - and he's so angry - I could channel that anger in such a delightful direction. And my glory note, mine.

I don't know why I think these songs are all about me - but they are!

Thank heavens my chiropractic appointment is just across the street because I can't leave with only ten plays (of each).

KAndre... I LOVE ISY in almost any form, but in Vegas, the man looked at me with that angry ISY look and I actually physically felt it to the tips of my toes!

ALAWH ties with FIEKY for first place on this CD. Love them both to pieces! LOVE the strings that make a cresendo on ALAWH and the words are marvelous and sexy! LOVE!!!

Clay, Then and Now

cha cha, very cool car!

I love this thread. Thank you so much for posting about it.

Did anyone else get a postcard from UNICEF advertising the CNN Special? It doesn't mention Clay, just Sanjay Gupta. Haven't seen anything mentioned on the boards, but this must be a really big push by UNICEF if they are going to the expense of a direct mail advertising campaign.

There's no request for donations on the card, just a "watch the show."

ETA. There is a small donate at www. blah blah, but it is not the focus.

I got a postcard too. I hope they get lots of money from this program, and that it repeats lots of times, as CNN specials sometimes do, so I can see Clay on my TV over and over.

CH posted those Tampa wavs yesterday. Thank you so much, kimiye. Here are the CH and CU links.

Concert_Clack/Soft_Rock_Hard_Place_Tour_2007/Tulsa/mime_fan folder:

FILES ADDED:

Audio clips from the Tulsa show

AVAILABLE IN:

mp3, wav

Thanks to mime_fan for this.

CH - FIND THE FILES BY CLICKING HERE AND ENTERING YOUR KEY:

Tulsa - mime_fan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLACKUNLIMITED LINK FOR KEYLESS (use ONLY if you do not have a key):

CV KEYHOLDERS - THIS IS IN YOUR VAULT. PLEASE DOWNLOAD FROM THERE. THANK YOU

Tulsa - mime_fan

Crap -- I knew I was forgetting something! Gibby, I'm glad they know what is wrong with your back, and I hope you feel better soon!

Oh, and Iseeme, glad you're enjoying the job!

I just finished my voting for the next two rounds of the tournament. The first one was sinfully easy for me -- ISY. For some reason, that I cannot understand, I just can't get into watching early Clay stuff. It's just not my thing. ISY, OTOH, is enthralling, no matter the performance. During that song, that's when I knew he had the makings to be a good actor.

The second one -- man, that was hard, but in the end, I went for Good News. If nothing else, I love his HANDS in that clip, not to mention the voice. (BTW, when I voted on this one, I found that the votes are TIED in this one. This is going to be a doozy of a battle...)

WOOHOO! I like being on top! It's not that scary at all!

ETA: from toni7babe at the CH

On My Way Here is #29 on Radio & Records AC chart and Billboard's AC chart that came out today!! Up from #30 last week!

http://www.radioandrecords.com/Formats/Charts/AC_Chart.asp

YAY!!!!

The bridge consists of the words we all love: 'When you're with me, I breathe easy. You are my need, right now love me!'

Not all of us......

I love this song. From a pure sound perspective, it's my absolute favorite, but from a lyrical perspective.... well, I don't have time to really explain my thoughts, and I'm sorry to dump this and run, but I'll try to post more tonight. I sort of edited the lyrics to this beautifully sounding song, in jest of course, and there is a lot of hummming in my version :whistling-1: . I think just about the only lyrics left are "Let's make the most of our time as long as we're here," the opening 2 lines, and "As long as we're here, alive on this earth, I'm gonna love you for all that it's worth." I inserted a big leap at the bridge because in my version, the bridge is out... right out... just like the number 5.

I know most people love the bridge. :shrug:

Favorite words: all of the 'time's. I love the way Clay sounds on that word.

Favorite quality overall: the instrumentation, especially at the end. It really encourages contemplation, which so fits this song.

Does anyone here have access to CV? I saw at CH that there is a large pic of Clay there but I don't have access. I want to see the pretty picture.

I love ALAWH. Love how he sounds, the lyrics, and I also agree about how he sings the word time. I was fascinated with that ever since we saw him rehearsing it with some guy with a guitar and it was just a clip.

Also while I was at CH, I read about how Clay would have had to get all kinds of shots which I knew about but some would have had bad side effects> Also that he probably wore white because of the heat and long sleeves because of the mosquitos and the possibility of malaria. Another poster said that even though he was there 5 days, to get there was probably another 3 or 4 days because of no direct flights. It probably explains why he wasn't able to make Ruben's wedding, even if he had wanted to face dealing with the scumbag tabloids.

Link to rounds 2 & 3 of the LBFCA The Ultimate Clay Aiken Video Tournament: http://lbfca.diaryland.com/round1m2m3.html.

Round 2: My vote is the opposite of ldyj's, videographer of one of the greatest ISY videos ever (which I even like) and not the choice of the majority either, I'm sure. I'm pretty meh on the song, and the NAT performance of ISY. This particular vid has crappy sound, so that doesn't help. I agree that there are some fine closeups in the vid, and he does that thing with his fingers that is really hawt. He really sells it. But not to me. The best, ISY, by the way (nyah, nyah) was in Raleigh right after Vernon died, the day of his funeral. Round 2 for me goes to Santa Clay. Bad joking, flirty, dancing maniac Santa Clay. "You're going to get a switch," "Melanie is getting lots of treats because she doesn't make fun of Santa," "Santa listens to this one in his sleigh all the time," "If you go home without one of these tonight you have done yourself a great disservice," "My clothes are falling off. Mrs. Claus's cooking just isn't as good as it used to be." The vid cuts off before the dancing, which I love. The "deep" voice is hilarious, and he hangs onto it (almost) throughout.

Round 3: This pairing is cruel and unusual. LOL. How can anyone choose? Oh my oh my, this version of GN is totally hell in a handbasket material. The sound is fabulous. The vocal performance is outstanding. I love the little smiles throughout. He's really feeling this one. He's got the spirit in a completely different way. LAA: the sound is again fabulous (this is Scarlett's audio, I'll bet anything you want on that), and this one was one of the best orchestras. They're not going to make this easy for me, are they? This was early days, and one of his most vulnerable performances. Again, outstanding vocally. It's a really tough one, but LAA gets my vote.

By now someone's posted the XXL version of the UNICEF pic I'm sure.