#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

PSA...

If anyone finds they're having problems accessing certain websites and getting the error message "Internet Explorer cannot open this site... Operation Aborted." Here is the problem.

Seems to be causing quite a stir...

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out since last night!

If you scroll down through the comments there are a couple of fixes for it. I used the one entering *.sitemeter.com into my restricted sites. Oops but now it looks like I get all their newsletters. lol Maybe we should just wait until IE and Sitemeter dook it out...

I know it is sacrilege in the Clay Nation, but I wasn't that crazy about the Clay/Quiana duet of Listen.

Once again, you're not alone.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I get the 'had to be there' thing, though. I'll bet it ranks up there among those moments that no one could predict and are just so special. That's the magic of a Clay concert.

Hi everyone! Aww, I just missed my s.b. when I went to the other computer to continue the Merrillville rendering. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Stay cool today!!!

And I know you can't help me on my question -- I woke up early because I was going to have an oil change (car oil was reading 27% -- that's pretty bad, right?). So, where do y'all get your oil changed and about how much should it cost? FromClaygary, I think you posted recently about this. I'm not asking my teammates at the office because although every single one of them is as frugal as can be when it comes to electronics (eg. they wait for a 10% off coupon before buying the $5 HDMI cables so that they come to $4.50, never get the "Monster" ones, and are disappointed that Bennigan's is closing because the $4.99 lunch will be gone), they get their oil changed at the dealers (ha!) because the "car is worth it" -- yes, they're all guys. So, where should a reasonably cheap and willing to drive to get a good deal gal like me get her oil changes done? Anything else I should do with it like a car inspection?

(Sorry about falling asleep on the Merrillville rendering last night, luckiest1 & goldarngirl. Will finish today!)

Thanks for the bigger picture, luckiest!!! :thankyou:

ETA:

On the current topic, the Sterling Heights Listen is very special to me because Clay took what could easily have been a disastrous moment (would any of the "popular" performers take a chance like this?), trusted Quiana and relied on what he knew she had in her and delivered a spontaneous, blow-your-mind-away performance! In general, though, I think Angela's version is perfect and I'm sorry that the clack police got to us right at her moment in LA -- would have been a great gift to give her family if we had recorded that one!!!

ETAA: I guess I need the $50 one too -- thanks for the tip. I was planning on the $30 deal.

Hee, Scarlett, I just use those handy dandy quick oil change places, like Jiffy Lube or whatever. We have one on the corner, not sure of the name, but you are in and out of there in a flash! Costs me just over $50, because I go for the upgraded oil, for cars with more miles, but you can usually get it done for $30 or under. Yeah, mine's getting old again. Seems like it was new just yesterday! You might want to get a tune up at some point. I forgot about that, figuring oil changes were enough, and a while back I found my car wouldn't start cuz it needed stuff like spark plugs, etc. Hee, thanks to goldarngirl I found a good local mechanic to do it for me.

Loving the Merrillville clack! Great quality. Keep going!

aikim, I feel the same way about Angela's voice. It just doesn't do anything for me and I have downloaded the LA version of her singing Listen and heard it live and I still don't really feel anything when she sings. I think Quiana is great and I the version with her and Clay singing it is the one I listen to. Don't know nothing about keys or anything like that, all I know is that I loved it. Loved watching it and love listening to it.

aikim, I feel the same way about Angela's voice. It just doesn't do anything for me and I have downloaded the LA version of her singing Listen and heard it live and I still don't really feel anything when she sings. I think Quiana is great and I the version with her and Clay singing it is the one I listen to. Don't know nothing about keys or anything like that, all I know is that I loved it. Loved watching it and love listening to it.

Glad to know I am not alone, I was almost hesitant to say anything; but you know, one of my favorite pieces of Angela singing is Black Velvet from the JBT...maybe because she was just more controlled on that...sometimes she comes across as screechy to me.

Kim

ETA: Chardonnay, thanks for the tip! I use Firefox but I think a lot of people in the fandom are on IE.

ETAA: :thankyou:luckiest!

Just wanted to add that most of the time, if I really had to choose, I prefer Quiana's voice to Angela's but they're both great. Listen is an exception. I think people hear a "screech" more because they're performing with Clay and he always sounds so sweet so that what would be normal for other peoples voices, sounds like a screech in comparison. I think it's very risky for a person to sing with Clay. I also think the Broadway Cares Prayer was remixed on the DVD, perhaps because of this. On the fan-recorded clack version, I hear Clay's voice up front and clear and that's why I use that .mp3 for my audio.

ETA - Just wanted to add.. on the Clay's voice "up front" -- I don't mean to imply that he was whoring himself on the live performance. He's always a very considerate duet partner, because (I think) he has the confidence in himself to know that he sounds gooood!

Scarlett... I was told... by a guy, of course... that going to the dealer is better cause they use the right tools to get off whatever they need to get off while the quicky places don't and can damage whatever. Actually the dealer isn't that much more moola than the quicky places and if you make an appt., you can get in and out almost as fast, but... the dealer will be happy to tell you what else your car desparately needs done to it and you gotta have spine to say no. LOL

Heh. I just got back from watching Mamma Mia the Movie - it was fun, though not as fun as when the eHP did Broadway (the eHP was seriously participatory!)

But I mainly went to watch Pierce Brosnan - who is my actor's equivalent of Clay except I don't actually chase him around the country. That man is the definition of "Oh damn he's fine!" to me. I even like him scruffy looking. But DANG the boy can't sing. CAN NOT SING. He's lucky he's got so much pretty because I admit I was saying, "People, please. Some performances cry OUT to be dubbed with someone who can like...you know...SING."

Love him anyway. But in a way, Clay has him beat. Because Clay can occasionally look white-hot No lie. "Take me, baby - I'm yours H-O-T" (Not most of the time for me, but occasionally). But he sings like a frickin' angel all the time. Now, Pierce? Got it going ON in the looks department. All the time. Even when he was supposed to be tortured in a Soviet prison and all bruised and grungy and dirty, he was still the hottest thing on two legs. Even in that skin tight sky blue atrocity he was in at the end of the movie. But he sings like the southbound end of a northbound mule. I swear I didn't even recognize "SOS" when he started "singing" it. Hoo boy. Somebody shoulda warned me.

KAndre... I totally agree about Pierce. He did a movie called Dante's Peak and I bought the cd with the Making Of on it and watch it just to watch Pierce being casual in jeans... GAH, he looks FINE!!! I loved him in Remington Steele and haven't even seen any of the newer Bond movies cause to me Pierce was the best Bond of them all. :cryingwlaughter:

I know it is sacrilege in the Clay Nation, but I wasn't that crazy about the Clay/Quiana duet of Listen. Maybe it was because I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Angela's version, but whatever the reason it was just OK for me.

Now Kyrie I adore!

Hey couchie, TGIF!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

CG... you like having opposing opinions from the majority! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Admit it, now, don't you??? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Glad to know I am not alone, I was almost hesitant to say anything; but you know, one of my favorite pieces of Angela singing is Black Velvet from the JBT...maybe because she was just more controlled on that...sometimes she comes across as screechy to me.

Kim

aikim... I absolutely agree with you, especially on the bolded part... I LOVE her Black Velvet. I think cause it was solidly in her range. She insists on singing at the upper edge of her ability and it sounds screechy all too frequently. Her voice just isn't as rich and full as Quiana's, so, to me, when she reaches it sounds like it. All personal opinion, tho, for those who like her voice. I don't hate her voice, just wouldn't go out of my way to hear her and I would for Quiana.

Scarlett... I agree that on the DVD, Clay's voice is not as front and center as on the fan one. Dang, cause you sure can see him better. Someone clever needs to isolate that clip and add the sound from the fan video. :cryingwlaughter:

Scarlett, any advertised quick lube place should do you for $30 (hell, in Houston there's a fair number of decent places for $20) but knowing you and knowing your vehicle, you might wanna take it to the dealer and get one of those so many miles inspections because frankly, if you let your oil get to 27% (and lord knows I've never even seen something like that), there are a variety of other fluids I'll lay even odds you've been neglected and they might be on their last gasps too. Just sayin'.

On the Listen thing - the interaction between Clay and Quiana helps make the performance - I agree with others that for me, it's one of those that it was probably better if you were actually there. I admit, I'm one of the few who tends to prefer Angela's performances over Quiana's because I tend to find Quiana's fairly generic - she's really, really good but really nothing to stick in my mind. Angela tends to more variable for me - when she hits her sweet spot, she hits it (though she can miss it as well) and her sweet spot is not something you hear anywhere else. Hell, I could barely remember Beyoncé's version of Listen once the movie was over. They pushed Listen hard and it still didn't go anywhere. Angela owns that song. It's one of the few times I can remember pleading with my fave videographer to make sure she got me at least one version of it. Of all the clack I have, I don't think I have any of Quiana's. Just personal taste.

loves on liney for her superlative taste in Bonds...I haven't seen the new Bond either for the exact same reason. My Bond has to be pretty enough that even though he's a stone cold killer (which frankly he is), I'd do him anyway.

I guess for me, sometimes I'm not looking for richness and fullness in a voice, it's like the difference between a really good Alfredo sauce and the lemon garlic sauce at the Culinary place - sometimes I want that bite, that freshness, that unexpected...I don't care what Quiana's given - I've got a pretty good idea what she's gonna sound like - and that's not a bad thing. But Clay and Angela will occasionally shock the shit out of me. I like that.

Oh, and I'm with KAndre and Liney on the Pierce Brosnan love. Even watched "Manions of America" just because...*smiles* Also loved Colin Firth in the Mamma Mia movie -- he makes an adorable Harry Headbanger and sings more credibly than Pierce, though I'm speaking in relative terms of course. Compared to Clay, they'd be like the tiniest insignificant specks of nothingness in the singing department.

ETA:

annabear, hope you had a splendiferous birthday! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And... HBD to Tijala!!!

:7252:

A verra :bday: to Tijala!

What I love about going to a Clay concert is the voice, the funny, the pure entertainment value he brings to every show. The reason I go to multiples is to witness the unexpected. I wasn't there for Listen but I adore the clack. It was one of those special unforgettable moments for me like Clay singing to his grandad and even Clay singing Without You with KLo or him falling and bouncing back up oh you get the drift. For me it wasn't about the song but about the connection between Clay and Quiana and kinda feeling I was watching them "work" and find the magic.

<snip>

Sigh. I smile just thinking about these performances.

On the current topic, the Sterling Heights Listen is very special to me because Clay took what could easily have been a disastrous moment (would any of the "popular" performers take a chance like this?), trusted Quiana and relied on what he knew she had in her and delivered a spontaneous, blow-your-mind-away performance! In general, though, I think Angela's version is perfect and I'm sorry that the clack police got to us right at her moment in LA -- would have been a great gift to give her family if we had recorded that one!!!

Yep, yep, yep!

And on a totally shallow note... that clack makes for some very fine :Iluvclaysbutt: moments...

PSA...

If anyone finds they're having problems accessing certain websites and getting the error message "Internet Explorer cannot open this site... Operation Aborted." Here is the problem.

Seems to be causing quite a stir...

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out since last night!

If you scroll down through the comments there are a couple of fixes for it. I used the one entering *.sitemeter.com into my restricted sites. Oops but now it looks like I get all their newsletters. lol Maybe we should just wait until IE and Sitemeter dook it out...

Thank you!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I was trying to print out some recipes this morning & kept getting that annoying error message with that annoying little sound blip. Which, by the way, for some strange reason makes Gidget growl every.time.she.hears.it! Which makes me :hysterical: ! She's such an odd, but cute cat...

Scarlett, any advertised quick lube place should do you for $30 (hell, in Houston there's a fair number of decent places for $20) but knowing you and knowing your vehicle, you might wanna take it to the dealer and get one of those so many miles inspections because frankly, if you let your oil get to 27% (and lord knows I've never even seen something like that), there are a variety of other fluids I'll lay even odds you've been neglected and they might be on their last gasps too. Just sayin'.

And possible leaks. Just running a car couldn't burn up oil like that, unless it's been 15 or 20 years maybe. Like KAndre, I've never seen such a thing. More likely, you have a leak. Could be just a leaky gasket, which can be easily replaced.

I quit frequenting my dealership the day I found out my warranty was expired. I find you pay through the nose, and they always have something else that they just have to do to your vehicle.

I love Quiana's voice. I don't always love Angela's, but I thought her version of Listen was spectacular. Sterling Heights Listen was one of the once-in-a-lifetime moments that I wouldn't trade anything for. I am so honoured to have been there to witness it live.

Happy birthday Tijala!

You know, I really HATE package tracking. I told ya'll about ordering a new computer last Tuesday. Well, since they said someone would have to sign for the thing, I had it shipped to my work address. Fed Ex put the computer on the truck for final delivery yesterday morning, at 7:45 a.m. At 4:00 p.m., when I left work, it still hadn't arrived. I checked the tracking when I got home last night, and it arrived at my workplace mailroom (where someone could sign for it) at 4:04 p.m. And of course, no one is around our mail room on the weekends. I was looking forward to getting my computer set up this weekend!

Scarlett, I'm not a guy, but I always take my car to the dealership. First of all, I have a Prius, and many of the cheap places don't want to handle the special mechanics needed for it. And I've never had a problem getting in and out of my dealership at a decent price, as long as I set up an appointment first. I also like it that my dealership has two computers for use while waiting, so I can check boards while I'm there. Hee.

couchie, I soooooo agree with you regarding the "unexpected" when going to a Clay Aiken show. To me, that's what makes ANY concert special. And -- Clay seems to be really good at that. Some of his "unexpecteds" are kinda planned on his part, such as Listen and MGUCL at Merrillville. But, in many instances, what makes me like Clay's shows so much is watching his quick mind when things don't go quite the way they were planned. For example, one of my favorite small bits of clack is the show from the NAT where he accidentally dropped the microphone during STO. And his mind is what makes his banter work too, IMO.

I can't really add much to the Angela/Quiana discussion -- there have been times when I've loved them, there have been times where I wasn't quite as enamored. I think something to remember with much of this, though, is -- when and how did you first hear them? Was it live? Was it via cellcert? Was the venue sound in general good? IMO, it's fine if you don't like a particular voice for someone who works with Clay in concert, but I always feel that I need to at least give it a shot LIVE before I really do give an opinion. And of course, things change on a day-to-day basis anyway. IMO, gotta keep an open mind...

Hello, FCA! **blowing kiss emoticon**

QUESTION: What do I have to change to get emoticons, bold, colors, etc. back for a REPLY? I am using the regular REPLY, not the quick version. I have typed in many of the codes.

I had a little excitement around my corner Thursday night. Around 6 p.m., I received an email that Carolina On My Mind had been reported as a possible "spam blog" and that it had been LOCKED until Blogspot could review it within two business days. YIKES, I was planning to celebrate the California concerts and was even in the middle of writing the San Diego-Pala entry!

The block continued until about 10:30 p.m. I just happened to check my Dashboard, and all was clear. I could have told them the only thing I am spamming is news about Clay Aiken, but this was a no-reply email. If I hadn't agreed to the review, Blogger would have deleted all 229 entries. :crazy:

UPDATE: On Friday afternoon, Blogger posted an apology to the many people who had wrongfully received the email. Sounds as if they were scurrying to unlock a lot of blogs. For anyone using Blogspot, the message is on your Dashboard.

bananatype.gif Anyway, the CA 4-fer party is in swing at the OFC and the Carolina sites -- this time San Diego and Pala, next time the Greek and Indio! -- and includes fan recaps, graphics, photos, a slide show, video link, etc. Below is a clickable of the lead graphic by AmazingCA, photos by Invisible926:

th_ACA_INVS2.jpg

With all the hoopla, I totally forgot about this being a new month; so I added Cindilu2's August calendar with/without dates this morning. The photos are by KarenEh. Cindy may have already posted them here, but they are now in the Carolina blog.

Annabear, hope you had a wonderful birthday. I sent you greetings via CV Friday.

Chardonnay, I just used that "fix" for my IE browser. Now I dread opening my email. :lol:

19.gifTijala!

Have a great day, all! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Scarlett... I was told... by a guy, of course... that going to the dealer is better cause they use the right tools to get off whatever they need to get off while the quicky places don't and can damage whatever. Actually the dealer isn't that much more moola than the quicky places and if you make an appt., you can get in and out almost as fast, but... the dealer will be happy to tell you what else your car desparately needs done to it and you gotta have spine to say no. LOL

I have no idea about the tools thing :lol:...but my car until very recently was under warranty, and although I know going to one of the quicklube places will not void the warranty~I still needed other stuff done for warranty service, and I don't have time to go to two places. Thus ends the longest sentence on earth. :lol:

My dealer has a shuttle service also, which is a great boon for me; and, I find the advice about what needs doing invaluable~cause I ain't no car mechanic!! I do know what to say "NO!" to...I once had a dealership advise me my car was going to fall apart in the street unless I had my engine washed; yah, what-EVER! But this dealership seems to be pretty honest, and they've saved me a few problems, cuz my car is my job and my office, so it's pretty important. I'm out on the highway too much to get stranded. And an oil change is $50.

And, BTW.....some opinions please? My roadside warranty has now expired, and some have suggested I pick up a CAA/AAA membership. My experience with them in Alberta is not a positive one; and I visited their website and can't imagine what good this $65 membership would do me? They'll only tow 10 km (about 8 miles), which will get you absolutely nowhere....and only do one lockout service before cutting you off....so tell me what's good about this?? :shrug: They'll do gas delivery, but I've never in my life run out of gas....and I don't need maps, I have mapquest and a GPS.

Thoughts, and any other suggestions besides them? Your experiences?

And possible leaks. Just running a car couldn't burn up oil like that, unless it's been 15 or 20 years maybe. Like KAndre, I've never seen such a thing. More likely, you have a leak. Could be just a leaky gasket, which can be easily replaced.

Yup. Exactly. It's time...... :thbighug-1:

I get the 'had to be there' thing, though. I'll bet it ranks up there among those moments that no one could predict and are just so special. That's the magic of a Clay concert.

heee oh I definitely understand this too...I'm sure there's an example where Clay is concerned but I can't think of it. But just like this whole broads contest shows us.. different performances effect us differently. Now I would pick Kyrie because to me that was one of the most exciting nights in the fandom...and we didn't even have cellstream -- just those wonderful fun cellcert reports from Clayboard.

Last night i was reading through the SYTYCD threads at TWoP and I had told Ansa that the Mark fans make me sick LOL and then I realized that now I understood how people felt about Clay fans. Oh lord the conspiracy theories, the sonnets of love, the hate on the other contestants, the nobody else can touch him posts, the way they invade all the threads LOL. I'm like oh I get it now. And I think subconsciously I was starting to resent that kid cuz they were ruining my reading experience. Yes I understand that makes no sense whatsoever. But then I read this from one of the fans and I could totally relate and then I was able to squeeze out some empathy for their guy getting the boot.

I am forever getting behind people that I feel like I have to defend. I feel like my comments to them must sound like Mary screaming and I try to stop myself but I can't. I don't want to shove Mark down their throats but it seems like they just don't see what I/we see. I'm trying to help them really. It seems silly to watch somebody close themselves off to such beauty. Especially when I feel they are doing it because they can't put a label on him. I have to remind myself that not everybody appreciates the "left of center" types. To me, he is a beautiful, unique artist. How could you not love him? *shakes head* Makes no sense.

Scarlett...being at the Broadway Cares things live Clay and Hannah's voices seemed perfectly meshed..so don't know if it's accoustics or how one verses the other was taped or like you say editing later. He certainly didn't drown her out in person.

I normally prefer Quiana too -- even did on the duet he was alternating between them last summer. Listen was the exception for me too. I do think Angie has the more unique voice though.

KANDRE'S MOVIE REVIEWS LOL.... I also am a Pierce fan from Remington Steele. Loved that show. I haven't really gotten into his movie career. I did love The Thomas Crown Affiar. Although that may have been more about Renee Lusso*?* I was loving that she was getting to play the girlfriend/wife with men her age cuz those were roles usually reserved for women 15 years younger.

Oh Look, K you wrote what I was thinking about Angela and Quiana..although I wouldn't call her voice generic. LOL. But yeah, I don't find it unique like I do Angela..hell there was one person she reminded me of...only one I could think of and now I can't remember who that was..some old 1970 R&B star. It will come to me. But I can name a dozen folks that sounds like Quiana. But even so I've tended to love her stuff more with Clay..so I think she may have more mass appeal. But the quality of Angela's voice is just special to me.

QUOTE:

QUESTION: What do I have to change to get emoticons, bold, colors, etc. back for a REPLY? I am using the regular REPLY, not the quick version. I have typed in many of the codes.

Besides not having any editing tools, I can't quote (page jumps to the top when you click on that), and I've had to sign in sevearl times. Each time the page holds up and I get the message to "wait while we transfer you" -- but nothing happens. The way I get back in is to sign on in another tab. Not fun, LOL!

I'm going to delete some TI files and hope this helps. Is anyone else having this problem?

Caro listen.gif

P.S. This is really strange. I couldn't sign in on one of those repeat deals, so I thought I would see if anyone knew the answer. There I am in the tray.

I'd better try deleting TIF and history. I looked in Controls but don't see anything unusual about my board settings.

Thnx,

Caro

OK, I've got the holding up part worked out. Just hit "Click here if you don't want to wait." The first time it threw me off the board. Now it's taking me to My Controls. Whatevah, LOL!

I still don't have something right for replies. Will check back in. Y'all have a great day!

"c" (HEEE!!!)

And, BTW.....some opinions please? My roadside warranty has now expired, and some have suggested I pick up a CAA/AAA membership. My experience with them in Alberta is not a positive one; and I visited their website and can't imagine what good this $65 membership would do me? They'll only tow 10 km (about 8 miles), which will get you absolutely nowhere....and only do one lockout service before cutting you off....so tell me what's good about this?? :shrug: They'll do gas delivery, but I've never in my life run out of gas....and I don't need maps, I have mapquest and a GPS.

Thoughts, and any other suggestions besides them? Your experiences?

I used to have CAA, and never had a problem with it. I only ever wanted it for an emergency, and felt better knowing I was covered when I was out on the highways, particularly at night. Now I am covered by the roadside assistance call centre that we have on site at work, so I have no limits as to how many tows per year or how far they will tow me. It's one of those jobs that doesn't pay well, but the perks make it worth it. :) Sorry, I know that was no help whatsoever.....

P.S. This is really strange. I couldn't sign in on one of those repeat deals, so I thought I would see if anyone knew the answer. There I am in the tray.

I'd better try deleting TIF and history. I looked in Controls but don't see anything unusual about my board settings.

Thnx,

Caro

OK, I've got the holding up part worked out. Just hit "Click here if you don't want to wait." The first time it threw me off the board. Now it's taking me to My Controls. Whatevah, LOL!

I still don't have something right for replies. Will check back in. Y'all have a great day!

"c" (HEEE!!!)

Carolina Clay I don't know whats going on either. But it seems like an isolated case as of now. What browser are you using? I have abandoned IE for a long time now...only use it rarely. I use Mozilla and I get less headaches. Another thing you need to check is if FCA is in your list of cookie enabled sites. I discovered that some automatic updates that windows does can mess up my computer and settings the next day. Maybe something like that happened?

Oh LOVE Pierce too. Yup since Remington Steele days. I watched Mama mia on a really bad download...I enjoyed it despite the lousy quality. Loved the dancing queen sequence....BUT yeah...wish they just dubbed his voice! I need to get this in DVD.

Couchie...ITA on Quiana and Angela's voices. Quiana is great but not very unique. Angela can be a bit too screechy for me at times but she is more distinctive IMO.

:bday2:

TIJALA

aikim, we must share a brain. I liked Angela singing Black Velvet also but most of the time I hear more of what I consider shrieking or maybe its just that she tries to go too high and it's above my threshold. Never heard her on cellcert because I tend to hate phones anyway so it's only been live or recorded clack for me. I do see where Quiana probably has more voices similar to hers but I prefer hers and really like most of her solos. For the duets though I don't really have a favorite. During NAT, I liked both of the songs and their performances. With that being said, I love the chemistry between her and Clay and that sexiness that she brings out in him. Oh to see some grinding again. I think I need to go watch some clack.

aikim, we must share a brain. I liked Angela singing Black Velvet also but most of the time I hear more of what I consider shrieking or maybe its just that she tries to go too high and it's above my threshold. Never heard her on cellcert because I tend to hate phones anyway so it's only been live or recorded clack for me. I do see where Quiana probably has more voices similar to hers but I prefer hers and really like most of her solos. For the duets though I don't really have a favorite. During NAT, I liked both of the songs and their performances. With that being said, I love the chemistry between her and Clay and that sexiness that she brings out in him. Oh to see some grinding again. I think I need to go watch some clack.

I have always enjoyed the chemistry between Angela and Clay...I definately think Angela and have Quiana have different roles on stage...Angela is the fun, party girl and Quiana is more like Clay's sister, friend...I remember during one WDC performance Clay tried doing some of his "Angela moves" on Quiana and it just didn't work...I just don't think Quiana is comfortable in that kind of role. So, I think Clay gets the best of both worlds when on stage...he has Angela to get tosexy with and Quiana to kind of reel him in and be sort of the moral center of the group. And yet, all three of them together really work...it is wonderful to see how much love there is between them and I really think Clay would lost on stage if either one of them left.

Kim