#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Happy Birthday annabear
:woman::fest06::cake: :hb2: :EmoticonRingAround: :fest33: :ole0:

I hope your birthday wish comes true.

Have to borrow this from Fear - thanks!!!

HAPPY BDAY ANNA!

~~

Just a quickie before I rush off to a therapy session (sort of massage type :)) and then pick up a friend to spend the weekend!

I'll try to check in later in between making potato salad and 9-layer dip!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And for anyone interested - I am still on a nostalgia kick, so for this month's calendar I went back to one of my most favourite August's ever. Thanks to KarenEh for the lurvely photos.

(clickable)

th_AUG08reg.jpg

If you would like widescreen, or either version without the dates, they are on my yuku page.

Thank you, thank you! The widescreen looks AWESOME on my laptop.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Anna!!!

:hb2: :04: :hb2: :04: :hb2:

Good morning.

Happy Birthday Annabear. And may you have a splendid, wondiferous year!

thHappy-Birthday-1.jpg

If those are clams in that dish (eeeyeewwww) with all the cream sauce.....heh! I would be verra verra surprised if Clay was having any. Awww the mystery - what's in the dish!!!

Couchie tgif.gif-

Back from the hospital with son #2, and all is well. Anyone interested can find details in the Family Matters, Parenting Special Children thread. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

*squints at luckiest's post...* I could have sworn that said

You know she can't work on 'em til I watch 'em, right?

If I had your job, I wouldn't mind working late on Friday AND Saturday!!! Would even do OT everyday for free!!!

Is there ANY way to get paid for this job? Like, enough to live on? Please say yes.

Oh man, don't I wish? :cryingwlaughter:

And for anyone interested - I am still on a nostalgia kick, so for this month's calendar I went back to one of my most favourite August's ever. Thanks to KarenEh for the lurvely photos.

(clickable)

th_AUG08reg.jpg

If you would like widescreen, or either version without the dates, they are on my yuku page.

Wheeeeeeeee! My work monitors thank you!

cindilu, love the calendar! Looks gorgeous on my computer screen!

I'm off tomorrow to spend a 3 day weekend away with my other real life man. We're planning a nice get-a-way to visit some, don't be shocked now, wineries! These are in the southernmost area of Canada...Pelee Island. (which is on the same parallel as the Napa Valley). Hubby's 60th birthday is this month and it looks like this will be one of the few weekends I have off...and three days in a row is amazing!

Aikim, thanks for the countdown. It was just a number to me for awhile, but now it's a goal!!

Happy birthday, Annabear!!!!

Back from the hospital with son #2, and all is well. Anyone interested can find details in the Family Matters, Parenting Special Children thread. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yaaaaayyy!!!

I'm off tomorrow to spend a 3 day weekend away with my other real life man. We're planning a nice get-a-way to visit some, don't be shocked now, wineries! These are in the southernmost area of Canada...Pelee Island. (which is on the same parallel as the Napa Valley). Hubby's 60th birthday is this month and it looks like this will be one of the few weekends I have off...and three days in a row is amazing!

sigh......yes, wouldn't it be!! Can hardly wait for my vacation at the end of this month!!

Have a FABulous time! I'll be there to wish HB to ClaymatronMr in person!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Annabear!!!

:hb2: :04: :hb2: :04: :hb2:

Partially borrowed from Gibby... thanks!

TGIF!!!

Cotton... thanks for the pictures of the promo from Paula Dean! I LOVE how his shoulders/chest is making that shirt s..t..r..e..c..h around that second button! S.W.O.O.N.

cindilu... great calendar!!! Thanks!

The Broad's next second round match-up is up. These are just impossible. Today's is Kyrie from the IT vs Listen: http://lbfca.diaryland.com/round2m5.html. I ended up voting for Kyrie just because that entrance was so amazing, and the way he surveyed the audience before taking the stage was hawt. He was hawt. And I had a serious crush on the hat. That video isn't from Raleigh, though. St. Paul maybe?? Last round was TITN Raleigh vs BOTW AI. ARGH!! Finally voted for BOTW because that was such a killer performance. Man--hard choices. And I still can't believe my beloved BFM Vermont is almost certainly gone. Sigh. It's not too late to vote on the earlier second round matches. The links are in the sidebar.

The Broad's next second round match-up is up. These are just impossible. Today's is Kyrie from the IT vs Listen: http://lbfca.diaryland.com/round2m5.html. I ended up voting for Kyrie just because that entrance was so amazing, and the way he surveyed the audience before taking the stage was hawt. He was hawt. And I had a serious crush on the hat. That video isn't from Raleigh, though. St. Paul maybe?? Last round was TITN Raleigh vs BOTW AI. ARGH!! Finally voted for BOTW because that was such a killer performance. Man--hard choices. And I still can't believe my beloved BFM Vermont is almost certainly gone. Sigh. It's not too late to vote on the earlier second round matches. The links are in the sidebar.

I've been at the Reference Desk for most of the morning, or else I would have had this up on the board as well. And jmh, love ya babe...but our votes canceled each other out! Hee. Yeah, that Kyrie entrance is amazing (and I questioned the location when I posted about it in the first round), but Listen was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, so I personally had to go with that. As for the other round -- to me, the emotion of that TITN was chill-inducing. IMO, it's much more about the fans that night, and the love that was shown to Clay. Of course, it also helps that I love that footstomping he does at a few points in the song. *g*

I've been at the Reference Desk for most of the morning, or else I would have had this up on the board as well. And jmh, love ya babe...but our votes canceled each other out! Hee. Yeah, that Kyrie entrance is amazing (and I questioned the location when I posted about it in the first round), but Listen was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, so I personally had to go with that. As for the other round -- to me, the emotion of that TITN was chill-inducing. IMO, it's much more about the fans that night, and the love that was shown to Clay. Of course, it also helps that I love that footstomping he does at a few points in the song. *g*

I voted for TITN for much the same reason - it was such an amazing show of support and love and Clay handled it so gracefully.

Kyrie - one of my absolute, all-time favorites. I half wish he'd record it, but really I just want to see it live again. He came by so close to us in Seattle. DH and I each had a camera. His pictures were okay, but mine were unrecognizable because I was shaking so bad!

Tree nuts seems to be the truly dangerous one for him.

:cry4: Yah, it sucks!

Well, actually THAT would be kinda nice...

Just a quickie

He's OK as long as he doesn't go crazy.

Well, ok, but no promises :naughtywag:

I know, I know "forboden" :imgtongue:

Thanks, cotton, for the lovely oasis in the midst of our desert!! He really is one damn good lookin' man :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hello!

Home from work.

I really appreciate the comments on the pictures, y'all. Cuz they are really pretty crappy pics! :cryingwlaughter:

I can't believe nobody has capped the promo yet!

I know it's kind of a catch as catch can thing. Ya' never know when it's going to be on, but if you're watching any of Paula's shows, that's a fairly good opportunity to see it.

:)

BTW, just in case you haven't noticed - it's August!

:lmaosmiley-1:

ldyj... I'm with you, sister. I LOVE LOVE Kyrie, but Listen is my all time favorite clack. It just is mesmerizing and I always hit replay several times before I can give it up, with a ICG the whole time. The only one to come close since is Prayer with Hannah.

And, as awesome as BOTW was that night on AI, the emotional impact of TITN in Raleigh... to see him sooooo affected by the support. That won it for me.

I imagine the choices will get tougher as we go. I'm going to predict that Listen is going to win it all, tho. Remember you heard it here first! :cryingwlaughter:

Long day at work for me. Looooooooooooooooooooooong day.

But I came across this article in the New York Times re: trolls that I found interesting (or in other words, supporting my own views). Basically, it says yes, trolls are anti-social borderline psychotic attention whores. Don't pay them any attention. Attention rewards their asinine behavior. They don't feel guilty about what they do, there is nothing you can do to make them feel guilty (see the "anti-social borderline psychotic" part). All you can do is control your reaction. If you have friends or acquaintances that fall for their BS for whatever reason (including stupid crap about Clay), IMO you have to treat them just like you would if you found out they fell for a Nigerian scan - there is an area of your friend's brain that's stupid. The heart of the matter is this:

Ultimately, as Fortuny suggests, trolling will stop only when its audience stops taking trolls seriously. “People know to be deeply skeptical of what they read on the front of a supermarket tabloid,” says Dan Gillmor, who directs the Center for Citizen Media. “It should be even more so with anonymous comments. They shouldn’t start off with a credibility rating of, say, 0. It should be more like negative-30.”

Of course, we have people who are NOT deeply skeptical of tabloids. I don't think we can help them.

An hour and ten minutes to go. I can make it. I'm sure I can make. Positive. Yep. Uh huh. An hour and nine minutes to go.

<sigh>

Still not that sentimental. BOTW over TITN. Second matchup: Kyrie way more fun. Love Listen but a little too...jam session with Clay searching for a key that worked for both of them. Kyrie wins for me.

Great article K. I wish all of Clay Nation would read it because I think their constant engagement of trolls, whether in the fandom or outside of is, IS the biggest problem that Clay has - even bigger than stupid tabloids. Because "we" keep it alive. Unfortunately it's been 5 years and "we" haven't learned it yet.

Mmmmm, but when he found that key, it was glorious!

And I can watch that Clack (see goldarngirl/luckiest1's best-of montage) without sound - just watching him watching her, working it, feeding off it.

Awesome!

“It should be even more so with anonymous comments. They shouldn’t start off with a credibility rating of, say, 0. It should be more like negative-30.”

A-freaking-men.

Except trolls ain't always anonymous either. There are some whose names are quite well known. Just sayin.' *g*

Off to see my former boyfriend, Kevin, in his new movie. Latah!

Left the office early for a drs appt but now i'm too early! Stopped at the park by the lake instead. Best of the NAT while watching boats... the best!

If those are clams in that dish (eeeyeewwww) with all the cream sauce.....
I love it when you talk dirty, sb !

Ahhh Muski - that's S for sweet - as in "sweet babboooo!" Hi Scarlett :F_05BL17blowkiss:

KAndre said

it says yes, trolls are anti-social borderline psychotic attention whores. Don't pay them any attention. Attention rewards their asinine behavior. They don't feel guilty about what they do, there is nothing you can do to make them
Boy howdy if that doesn't just sum it up!!! And yes, I agree with Couchie that paying these people any heed is probably the most negative factor in the fandom.

I had to vote for Listen. It is pretty much almost my all-time favorite Clay concert song. I can't believe he and Quiana pulled that one off. A song they'd never sung together before. And it isn't an easy song to sing IMO. I much prefer it to Angela's version or even Beyonce's version. It just speaks to the incredible musical talent that they both have. But having said that, Angela kicked ass at the LA Greek on this song.

I do love Kyrie. I have a picture of Clay coming up to the stage in Kansas City in full wail (he was about 2 feet from me, knees bent, eyes closed and cutting loose with that glorious voice) - with Jerome standing behind him with those Kunta Kinte eyes (touch my boy and you're dead) but it was from a bad camera and I can't load it or copy it. But I have it.....

In case anyone is wondering, Cantonese is freakin' hard.

But I think I've got "ladies toiler" or neoici down pat - though I think the program is pronouncing it "noi eee chi" instead of "nee oooo chi" like it looks like it's spelled.

Great article K. I wish all of Clay Nation would read it because I think their constant engagement of trolls, whether in the fandom or outside of is, IS the biggest problem that Clay has - even bigger than stupid tabloids. Because "we" keep it alive. Unfortunately it's been 5 years and "we" haven't learned it yet.

Call me cynical, but I’ve come to believe that large segments of this fandom will never learn. Hell, the XF and/or David Duchovny fandom had the exact same problems, but it took a relatively short time for the majority of the fandom to LEARN not to feed the trolls. And, frankly, I think DD had scarier issues than any I’ve heard of for Clay.