#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

KAndre... that sounds like an essential phrase to know, yes it does! :cryingwlaughter: Good article on trolls. Should be required reading for every member of every board.

Iseeme... if you have a physical picture you can have it scanned. If it's just on the camera, get another camera that works well and take a V.E.R.Y. close picture of your picture and maybe...

Sounds like a great picture!

I'd hardly know we were in the midst of a drought with all the great offerings! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And one things for sure... even when he's silent we still have enough to last a lifetime! When I think about all the gazillion megabytes of clack I've skipped over because of my hard drive groaning... But its all still out there!... and its just so incredible to know that we will never, ever in our lifetimes be able to claim we have nothing to do!

As if...

I really shouldn't be here because I've found that when I even let myself peek, it's all over for me. So ok I swear, just this one last post and then I'm seriously gonna forge into my paper.

jmh123 and ldyjocelyn... thanks for the link to the video tournament! This was one of the toughest ones for me too! And they're only bound to get tougher. I'm anticipating a Sophie's Choice by the end of this thing. Still, I drew straws and chose "Listen."

I believe his description of the reaction to it was 'like giving birth out of his chest'

Haha, I remember him saying that! Perhaps he’s preparing himself sympathetically?…

KAndre... Regarding the troll article. Why can't everybody just know that instinctively? Why does everyone always feel the need to toss their two cents in to a neverending battle? Best solution ever!.. ignore. And what Couchie said.

Anyway, shoot, the thing that prompted me to abandon my homework and come in here in the first place was because I got one of those automated notifications that someone had commented on one of my YouTube videos. I usually just pass them by but tonight, trying to stall my inevitable project as long as I could I suppose, I clicked into it and rewatched the video and it made me realize how very lucky we are to have such incredible videographers who sacrifice SO much of their own enjoyment at these concerts to tarry behind the lense. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Kisses again!

Gawd, he is such an big 'ole serving of awwwsome persona, vox extrordinaire, caliente potahto and

... all rolled into one! Just bwah!

If anybody sees me around here AT ALL again this weekend please take away any and all privledges! Shoot. I'm serious!!!

Sweet Carolina Girl capped the promo!!!

Here's a sendspace in case you don't get the CV vault.

Sendspace of Paula's Party Promo

:)

I haven't previewed it - so let me know if something's wrong!

It's excellent - thanks!

I had to vote for Listen too - I have major Quiana love.

Even though it's late,

:7254:

Annabear! Hope you had a wonderful day!

:00003653: Annabear

I shall patrol the hallways Chardonnay!!!!

{{{ Muskifest}}} just cos...

Well its Saturday morning here. DH has just volunteered to Umpire a baseball game and then he plays right after so that gets him away for the whole day (yet again) :angry: And tomorrow he will be at some kind of sign on for the juniors, so thats him booked up for the whole weekend :angry2: (yet again)

What should the kids and I do? Maybe a walk? or shopping in some centre I don't usually go to? Or find some flea or craft market to wander round? Maybe visit the scrapbooking store? I haven't put my USA photos in albums yet so that might spur me on.

Clay content? All this fun old clack makes me want fun new clack!

Not caught up yet - friends kidnapped me for lunch & retail therapy today - but wanted to say :thankyou: for the birthday wishes! I might be able to help Clay get through his 30th b-day in a few months - *mouths, "Call me, Clay!"* - seeing as I've been 30 for two years now! :lol:

Oh - as always...

:Iluvclaysbutt:

And Couchie, I've added "not an axe murderer, have credit cards, will travel" to my resume... :cryingwlaughter:

Heh. I just got back from watching Mamma Mia the Movie - it was fun, though not as fun as when the eHP did Broadway (the eHP was seriously participatory!)

But I mainly went to watch Pierce Brosnan - who is my actor's equivalent of Clay except I don't actually chase him around the country. That man is the definition of "Oh damn he's fine!" to me. I even like him scruffy looking. But DANG the boy can't sing. CAN NOT SING. He's lucky he's got so much pretty because I admit I was saying, "People, please. Some performances cry OUT to be dubbed with someone who can like...you know...SING."

Love him anyway. But in a way, Clay has him beat. Because Clay can occasionally look white-hot No lie. "Take me, baby - I'm yours H-O-T" (Not most of the time for me, but occasionally). But he sings like a frickin' angel all the time. Now, Pierce? Got it going ON in the looks department. All the time. Even when he was supposed to be tortured in a Soviet prison and all bruised and grungy and dirty, he was still the hottest thing on two legs. Even in that skin tight sky blue atrocity he was in at the end of the movie. But he sings like the southbound end of a northbound mule. I swear I didn't even recognize "SOS" when he started "singing" it. Hoo boy. Somebody shoulda warned me.

Thank you playbiller and Cotton for bringing over the links for the preview. He looks like he's having a good time on that show, and I think everyone else is too. He's still so damn adorable to me!

And I've been watching Food Network tonight again, and I've seen the preview twice tonight! Last night, I couldn't see it if I had to!

aikim, thanks for bringing that picture over too! I might have to pick up that magazine. Don't hurt me for that.

KAndre, while I've not seen Mama Mia!, I can totally agree with Pierce Brosnan in the Hawt department. He really is a fine, fine specimen of man. Fell hard for him with Remington Steele, and have loved him ever since. I've heard that about his singing though. Oh well, he tried. Hee.

Kandre I am so looking forward to seeing Mamma Mia- mainly for Colin Firth! Last night we went to see "Dont mess with the Zohan". Friends invited us to help celebrate her 12yo sons birthday. Well theres two hours i'll never get back! The kids (mine 10 & 13 and hers 8 & 12) certainly got some education! We were just shaking our heads throughout. I need a haircut but will put it off for a couple of weeks.

Quickly slipping in under the wire to wish a very :7254: to Annabear! It was fun meeting you in NY!

I know it is sacrilege in the Clay Nation, but I wasn't that crazy about the Clay/Quiana duet of Listen. Maybe it was because I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Angela's version, but whatever the reason it was just OK for me.

Now Kyrie I adore!

Hey couchie, TGIF!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Cotton & Caro, thanks for bringing the Paula Clack!!!

Still wallowing rolling about in old but glorious Clack -- what a show Merrillville was! 'night, everyone! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Quickly slipping in under the wire to wish a very :7254: to Annabear! It was fun meeting you in NY!

I know it is sacrilege in the Clay Nation, but I wasn't that crazy about the Clay/Quiana duet of Listen. Maybe it was because I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Angela's version, but whatever the reason it was just OK for me.

Now Kyrie I adore!

Hey couchie, TGIF!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You won't have any arguements from me Claygasm. From what I've seen, the duet was a "you had to have been there to appreciate it" moment. I think there are a lot of performances like that where Clay is concerned. I, too, loved Angela's version, and I'm not usually a big Angela fan. Much prefer Quiana voice. But anyway, nothing surpasses the magic of that Kyrie entrance for me. The adrenaline rush was unbelievable.

What I love about going to a Clay concert is the voice, the funny, the pure entertainment value he brings to every show. The reason I go to multiples is to witness the unexpected. I wasn't there for Listen but I adore the clack. It was one of those special unforgettable moments for me like Clay singing to his grandad and even Clay singing Without You with KLo or him falling and bouncing back up oh you get the drift. For me it wasn't about the song but about the connection between Clay and Quiana and kinda feeling I was watching them "work" and find the magic.

Now Angela's version was just blow me out of the water emotional. I felt every word straight to the heart. And yep, LA was totally special with her family there but she sang it so wonderfully every night. Both versions are special to me. Just like Without You...yeah Clay and Quiana had the benefit of singing it every night for a month but although not polished the Anaheim KLo version was wonderful to me and I still feel the excitement of her walking out on the stage. Both renditions are on the ipod.

Sigh. I smile just thinking about these performances.

ETA: I'm catching whatever Jamar has with that edit button....

What I love about going to a Clay concert is the voice, the funny, the pure entertainment value he brings to every show. The reason I go to multiples is to witness the unexpected. I wasn't there for Listen but I adore the clack. It was one of those special unforgettable moments for me like Clay singing to his grandad and even Clay singing Without You with KLo or him falling and bouncing back up oh you get the drift. For me it wasn't about the song but about the connection between Clay and Quiana and kinda feeling I was watching them "work" and find the magic.

Now Angela's version was just blow me out of the water emotional. I felt every word straight to the heart. And yep, LA was totally special with her family there but she sang it so wonderfully every night. Both versions are special to me. Just like Without You...yeah Clay and Quiana had the benefit of singing it every night for a month but although not polished the Anaheim KLo version was wonderful to me and I still feel the excitement of her walking out on the stage. Both renditions are on the ipod.

I like to go to multiples because Clay makes me happy. The Flat Clay serenade at Pala was one of "those" moments for me. When I watch the video, it brings me back. And that's why I seldom watch videos unless they're highly recommended. I like the thrill of being there. The one big exception was that performance of "Beautiful Star". That's the only live song that DH has on his iPod.

"Listen" is my favorite Angela solo - she was so connected with that song.

The adrenaline rush was unbelievable.

Yep.

Sounds like yesterday was movie day for FCA. I took my son to see Dark Knight. He loved it. I thought it was pretty good. I'm not an action movie type of gal, so that's a lot, coming from me. LOL. Then we drove all over the freaking city to get the exact video camera he had gathered enough money to buy. And tapes for said video camera. Nice sales man ended up throwing the tapes in for free since he bought the extended service plan. He is v.v. happy, that's what matters, I guess. Today we will probably take my mom down to Rib Fest to look around (lots of craft vendors as well as ribs) and tonight will be the final birthday dinner. Hee.

Off to watch the Paula promo and more Merrillville clack while the rest of the house is still asleep!

4 day weekends rawk! :thbighug-1:

ETA: I'm catching whatever Jamar has with that edit button....

This is it exactly for me. I mean Angela OWNS Listen...Beyonce's version is nothing compared to hers IMO. So I don't even compare the two because Angela's would be technically more perfect. BUT that impromptu duet...this is why I am still a fan waiting through the summer for any word from him. These unexpected moments of magic. To me...sterling Heights demonstrates Clay's musicianship. That was unrehearsed, it wasn't in his key, but whether he was on his low range or upper range he was pitch perfect and his harmony was right on. I just love the adrenaline of that moment. I don;t know what happened to Angela that night but I'm glad it did. I love Kyrie entrance too...but Listen will always win hands down with me.

Good Morning Everyone,

Believe it or not, I have never heard Angela's version of Listen; not a huge fan of her voice so I never did download it or really listen to it on a cellcert...first time I ever heard the song was in Sterling Heights when Clay and Quiana did it. It was a magical moment and I am glad I was there.

I really love Quiana's voice; WTLGD just blew me away!

Kyrie...The entrance was cool and unexpected, but not really a big fan of the song itself.

77 Days until The BAF GALA!

:woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning. Ohhhh I see my s.b. down there :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I would heartily recommend downloading Angela's version of Listen - whether you like her voice or not. I honestly think it's one of the best songs I've heard her sing. She totally rocked it. But, I have to agree with Couchie on this:

For me it wasn't about the song but about the connection between Clay and Quiana and kinda feeling I was watching them "work" and find the magic.

I am certainly no music expert but you'd have to be tone deaf and sight challenged not to realize what a special moment this duet was. That seems like a difficult song to sing. Neither, as far as we know, had sung it before - had only listened to Angela. I wasn't even sure Clay knew all the words and was taking guidance from Quiana. But for two people to do what they did - with the harmony and the trading back and forth of the lead - just blew me away! And I've only seen the Clack! It just proved to me yet again that both singers are incredibly talented and use their voices like fine-tuned instruments. I really, really liked Beyonce's version in the movie, but it was planned, rehearsed, edited, mixed, whatever.....not just "oh let's sing this song because Angela can't!" And it always totally amazes me that Quiana hasn't been signed to a label and isn't recording her own CD - unless she's happy and content with her life in Charleston, being a Mom, and touring with Clay. She has the most amazing voice! I talked to her after the LA Gala and she is also the nicest, nicest lady.

Off to work in about an hour to be "at one" with the plants! I imagine they're thirsty today as it's still hot.

Wish I could read what the writing is on that picture of Clay from OK. Love how his sunglasses are holding back his bangs. What a guy!

Hope y'all have a good Saturday.