#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

ETA: Er, Wanda - pretty sure that the JPs of the world and the tabloids are still liars. Being right about ONE thing does not make you (universal) right about all things. I wasn't sure about your post above - if you were saying that stuff was also true. Just checking.

No, I NEVER believe the tabloids because they twist the truth--even if there is some--all out of proportion. I'm just saying--it doesn't matter to me one way or the other because I think the acts of two consenting adults are just no one's business. I don't expect Clay to have been or continue to be celibate and I'm willing to bet that someone whom he's dated will--at some point--come crawling out of the woodwork. OR someone whom he HASN'T dated but who just lies to get money.

This isn't a particularly smutty photo, but the thoughts it inspires in me

are most definitely page 69 worthy. }-)

ClaySep28-2copy.jpg

Like the gay rumor, I will never believe anything pondscum says about Clay unless and until I hear it from his own gorgeous lips. And even if the hook-up proved to be true, I still wouldn't think less of Clay. The hateful part of the tabloid shit for me was and is the invasion of privacy and the prurient nature of their 'reporting'. They are scum. Clay is not.

Oh didn't you know it was a rule that you can only smut on page 69? Well except for muski she'll smut any time any place!

The rest of us are pure angels we would never smut no not us!!! :whistling-1:

Now as for that pic up there...well I'd like to tell you what I'd like to do with that man but......see above sentence*g*

I must be the only one here who remembers the little Anderson Cooper dust-up from a couple of years ago. Maybe I do because it was early in my on-line fan experience (summer 2006), but I remember it nonetheless. There was a sighting of Clay having dinner at Nobu in NY with Anderson Cooper. The person who witnessed this or had the report of it was optimistic that this meant that Clay would be getting an interview with AC for the ATDW promo. And then there were a couple of posters who thought it wasn't a good idea to mention this sighting so much because AC is rumored to be .... well, you know ... so that little sighting was dropped like a hot potato.<snip>

You're not the only one that remembers that, which is why I think some of us made that association today, but for the reason you gave, I remember it being dropped like a hot potato, too.

I actually don't remember it being dropped like a hot potato..it had a normal speculation life for something with no photos and when nothing came of it and then..well what's to talk about. That's how I remember it at least. And now that he's gay..still, what's to say about it. hee. He had a meal with Andersen.

I guess I should put some context to my writing about tabloids, etc. and stories about Clay. I was inspired by all those people who are proclaiming that he is either a virgin or should remain celebate for life and then his homosexuality won't count because he's not giving in to sin.

I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.

Whew! Finally caught up. We went away for the weekend. Had fun, slept in tents, water skied, ate too much, drank too much, talked rubbish and generally had a good time.

I did catch myself wondering what was happening in Clayland a few times.

I was going to quote that post from "Marge" saying that she was leaving the fandom and why. I don't agree with her opinions but I thought she stated them well, clearly and respectfully. She recognized that she had been too involved and neglected her family. I thought she was very insightful on this point. But...then I read where she was repeating her views over and over. IMO this sounds like an attempt to stir things up- another example of her obsessiveness. I think this is where many are having trouble now. They became too involved in who they imagined Clay to be. They spent time and money they perhaps couldn't (or shouldn't) have spared - not just on entertainment & fun but on this imaginary psuedo- saint and that is why they now feel foolish. Do they not question the statements of other public figures?

They now are blaming Clay for their own OTT -ness and thats just not fair.

Yes, I know he said he was straight in RS . That was a long time ago, he was quite young and we all change our ideas from our youth. IMO you are not growing or living if sometimes you don't question your beliefs/statements over the years. I can (and do) change my mind and dont consider my previous opinions to be a lie, even those that I only hoped to be true.

I had a thought about some of those who are so concerned about Clay lying. Are they people who posted "unconditional" in the Circle the Wagons thread? If they did, they lied.

Good point, atinal

I think "unconditional love" is way overused (along with "soulmate" but thats just my aged grumpiness showing!)

I wish I could be as understanding as Jenna, but I just don't believe that there isn't homophobia involved in the lying fixation. Remember when ALL THOSE FANS believed that they were communicating with Clay and that he was sharing things with them. They had NO problem with his duplicity then. Those fans who were buying baby presents for FBM weren't up in arms screaming about how he had lied to them--they were salivating at the thought that they had "insider information."

Well, we all now have insider information, but the response is quite different.

Also good point Wanda

And another thing, since I'm on a roll, I think that often women (esp. middle aged ones- not us of course since I'm assuming that all you are mere slips of girls like me!!) are waaay more open minded than people (and the media) think.

You live a few years, life knocks the sharp edges off you. You can see the importance of things. Things like love and fairness and treating people decently.

Turn around and see what love's done for me

You would not believe the way I used to be, so cold

Maybe love requires

Walking through the fire

To set me free

So I could rise up from the ashes

This lyric spoke to me today on the way home from work, too.....had to hit repeat. Not that that is unusual for me! ;)

wanda, I hear what you are saying. Back in 2006 I remember posting that when I said unconditional, I meant it, even if the whole "mess" was true. Not that I believe any of it, but I was just making the point. I also don't believe that the man has been celibate his whole life. I hope he's out living and loving someone.

ETA: Reading tha back, it sounds weird, because I know that right now, his priority has got to be the baby (and Jaymes). But that doesn't mean he can't have someone else in his life. I got the impression during that GMA interview that he was definitely backing off from that question (and I sure don't have a problem with that, it's no one's business).

thread title? :whistling-1:

Oh Yes! :cryingwlaughter:

heh...actually, when I read this I thought of a cheer:

DTTR! DTTL!

Get it on, baybee

Make 'em blush like hell!

:cheerleader:

or....if you actually say the words for 'R' and 'L'...

Dress to the Right! Dress to the Left!

Now the men can get excited

As the women feel bereft!

thread title? :whistling-1:

Oh Yes! :cryingwlaughter:

heh...actually, when I read this I thought of a cheer:

DTTR! DTTL!

Get it on, baybee

Make 'em blush like hell!

or....if you actually say the words for 'R' and 'L'...

Dress to the Right! Dress to the Left!

Now the men can get excited

As the women feel bereft!

Now this is the spirit!!!

I actually don't remember it being dropped like a hot potato..it had a normal speculation life for something with no photos and when nothing came of it and then..well what's to talk about. That's how I remember it at least. And now that he's gay..still, what's to say about it. hee. He had a meal with Andersen.

Reportedly. <g>

Heh - I was reading fast and I saw "gay still" and I was like...wah? Is he gonna change back in less than a week? <g>

I guess I should put some context to my writing about tabloids, etc. and stories about Clay. I was inspired by all those people who are proclaiming that he is either a virgin or should remain celebate for life and then his homosexuality won't count because he's not giving in to sin.

Heh. Me too.

I was just over catching up at the OFC and the tone has definately improved. Some of the "i'm outta here" members have actually stuck around and are working through their issues. Quite a change. Even one who was spouting scripture right and left has toned down. She is probably not going to stay in the long run but has become a lot more respectful.

I agree with whoever it was who said you can't ever assume someone is gay, only THEY and their partners would know for sure. Decades ago we had a young, blond very pretty singer that everyone said was gay because he looked too pretty to NOT be. Well, he never was gay! I've also seen some very unfeminine women who dress, talk and move like men, yet they are not gay either. And look how feminine Portia De Rossi is. There are also numerous men who are married with several children, no one should assume they are not gay. That is why I refused to believe anything about Clay until he said so himself. Now that he has said so, I believe him and that's that.

And call me crazy, but Clay’s comment about “someday” finding someone reminded me very strongly of the David Duchovny interview from years ago when he told Barbara Walters that he and Tea hadn’t discussed marriage. They got married the very next day. Barbara made a big deal of looking at the interview again for DD’s “denial” and he’s clearly lying. Smiling through the denial – he even says no but his head bobs in a yes. It was rather hilarious. But when Clay said that I was immediately reminded of David. Something about the way he said it. Not saying he has someone – but perhaps someone in mind? <g>

Not crazy at all because I had the same thought; it hit me the first time I saw the interview and then again this morning when I re-watched...just the way he was grinning...like I know something you don't know.

Then again, in the People interview he talked about Jaymes dating and that any prospective date needed to understand the dynamic between the two of them, but didn't mention himself dating, so who knows?

Kim

Couchie, I'm sure you're right, but at that time I was only at OFC, so my experiences weren't multi-boardal. No doubt the sighting got more keystrokes elsewhere, but it had an abupt end where I was reading.

I really wonder if the puritans would have been so outraged if Clay had been a straight man out there sinning right and left? Would they have been quoting scripture about his sins of fornication? Also, maybe I'm daft, but I always thought that the reason the church was down on having a baby "out of wedlock" (and I really hate that term) is because the baby would be, according to biblical definition, conceived by fornication. So, why would anyone see it as sinful for Clay and Jaymes to have a baby together with no sexual contact involved in the conception? Certainly the men who wrote the ancient texts and enumerated the do's and don'ts never took into consideration such things as in vitro fertilization.

In my heart of hearts, I really think that Clay has been doing alright all along. I'll bet he's broken some hearts. I mean, just look at him!

clay_mtv.jpg

I had a little chuckle when Clay answered the question about if there was anyone special in his life. He deflected it the way he always did. When, in the past, the question was about a possible special woman. The only one he had in his life was his dog....When the question was about a man, the answer was about the little man who was screaming to be fed, or something like that.

Thanks for reporting from the trenches at OFC. Even though I admit to a guilty pleasure of reading all the drama, I just don't have time. I was addicted and not getting my schoolwork done or keeping up with my Huffpost reading. Because as important as Clay is, his sex life (which I hope is busy), is not that big deal in the scheme of things. Unless you count my fantasies, then its a really big deal.

I just rewatched the GMA video for the umpteeth time and my favourite part is when he says I have son and the look on his face is so beautiful, Just a flicker of his emotions about Parker. God that baby will be loved!

Oh keepingfaith I see it all in those pictures...that man is too beautiful to be straight! Hee! Hee!