#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

Claytonic
, to keep you company in the (US) wee hours, here's a Youtube for ya:

WOW jmh123 that is incredible! Not just that he eats broccoli but that he possessively holds on to it with "both hands" while eating it!!! I know some people who will love this video! Thanks for posting!

BWAH! That kitten really loves it some broccoli. Yes, holds onto it possessively, and growls when it thinks someone may take it away! :hahaha:

And it eats every bit of stuff off the stalks that it can get to. Just a wee little thing. Loves it some broccoli. :hysterical:

Good Morning Everyone,

15 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

37 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Did luckiest1 ever get home from work?? (mother hen post)

Hee, by 5:00 my drive was fine. It was cindilu2 who was insane enough to get on the highway in the midst of the storm! Eeep. Glad she made it safely.

So, all you people who would love some of our snow....last night I took the dog out to pee before bed, and discovered that the plow had plowed my car into the snowbank (I didn't even realize my daughter had moved it out onto the road when she went out). So son #2 and I spent a good hour out there in the dark, shoveling it out, and revving and spinning the tires....we finally got it into the driveway. This morning, I wake up, take the dog out to pee, and my next door neighbour, with whom we share a driveway, generousy offers to snowblow both of our drives this morning, if I can move all my cars out. No problem, I say. Mine and my daughters were no problem. Son #1's car, however, at the top of the drive, hadn't been moved in a few days, as he's been sick and hasn't been to work. I couldn't even see the tires. I couldn't even open the door without shoveling a path. Then of course, it wouldn't budge. Woke son #1 and son #2 up to come help me push the damned thing out. Argh. Haven't even had my chai tea yet and my legs are already frozen from wading through the 3 foot drifts. We are supposed to get another 10 - 15 cm (4 - 6 inches) snow tomorrow and then the same on Tuesday. Kill me now.

OK, off to watch some brocolli eating kittens. I understand because I used to call Kirby a vegetarian cat. He loves him some fruit & veggies. He'd eat a whole banana if you let him.

So, all you people who would love some of our snow....last night I took the dog out to pee before bed, and discovered that the plow had plowed my car into the snowbank (I didn't even realize my daughter had moved it out onto the road when she went out). So son #2 and I spent a good hour out there in the dark, shoveling it out, and revving and spinning the tires....we finally got it into the driveway. This morning, I wake up, take the dog out to pee, and my next door neighbour, with whom we share a driveway, generousy offers to snowblow both of our drives this morning, if I can move all my cars out. No problem, I say. Mine and my daughters were no problem. Son #1's car, however, at the top of the drive, hadn't been moved in a few days, as he's been sick and hasn't been to work. I couldn't even see the tires. I couldn't even open the door without shoveling a path. Then of course, it wouldn't budge. Woke son #1 and son #2 up to come help me push the damned thing out. Argh. Haven't even had my chai tea yet and my legs are already frozen from wading through the 3 foot drifts. We are supposed to get another 10 - 15 cm (4 - 6 inches) snow tomorrow and then the same on Tuesday. Kill me now.

Once in a while it is good to be reminded why I left Buffalo! It's only 68 here this morning....oh well I'll just have to suffer. I will say snow is very pretty when looking at it from afar!

Only 37 days till I see Clay....not that I am counting or anything! I have aikim for that! :woman:

This is kind of random, but kind of cute, considering Clay is the only 'celebrity' mention in it. From WRAL-tv, via the CB.

WRAL's 12 Days of Christmas

Thanks for the banner comments - I really, REALLY want him under my tree. Okay, I want him anywhere I can get him. *rawwrrrr*

This is kind of random, but kind of cute, considering Clay is the only 'celebrity' mention in it. From WRAL-tv, via the CB.

Thanks for the banner comments - I really, REALLY want him under my tree. Okay, I want him anywhere I can get him. *rawwrrrr*

That was great! Off to the dentist and then wrapping and then grocery shopping...see you all some time tonight.

Kim

Great banner cindi! I love seeing that smiling face when I log on in the mornings...or in the afternoons...or in the evenings...

aikim, good luck with the tooth!

That WRAL thing was very cute...

I can't believe it...in one week hubby and I will be flying to NYC! EEEEEEEEEEE!

:cryingwlaughter: Well, I'm hoping we might get a glimpse of the "Clay Aiken bay-beeeeeee" :lol: sometime during the season then.....both kinds!

Love the banner - look at the twinkle in that CUTE guy's eyes! :flirtysmile3:

Off to buy cat food and a few things to fix my Christmas wreath for the front door, then back to do homework, homework & more homework, not to be confused with work from home which will also be mixed in!

Last update and then I'll go to proper thread - cuz lord knows I'll need all kinds of caregiver advice.

Why don't doctors just talk staright to you in jargon you understand. So last night we're visiting my mom and the nurse goes oh you had a CVA. I'm like what's a CVA - a cerebral vascular accident. Just looked that up..She had a stroke! Why didn't you just say so people :cryingwlaughter: They moved my mom back to our local hospital, just 10 minutes away when I step on the gas a bit... her blood pressure is still too high so they are keeping her for now. When she's released she will need 24/7 care for the next 6 weeks. Her left side is weak so she will need physical therapy. Muski I am totally at a loss about anything having to do with social services, mediCal. We have never used any of this and people talk to you like you should know all about it for some reason.

Well I have bittersweet news about my trip. I've decided that I do need to go. So I plan to go but will cut it short. I'll still fly out on the 31st but will return either late night on the 4th (after the party) or first thing on the 5th rather than stay until the 8th. My sister is off all of those days. Of course this is all contigent on the cost to change ticket and finding a place to stay. The bitter part is that Ansa and I have planned this trip together and a shortened trip doesn't work for her because her train trip takes 24 hours each way and has a freaky schedule to change.

I want to thank everyone for the good energy and the reaching out to me. Wandacleo, I will never forget what you offered me. I thank you with all of my heart. Muski I may need your expertise and soon..just for the basics!!

Now I have to clean the house top to bottom as she may be coming home tomorrow. Tomorrow I catch up...hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and aren't too cold. I think I see a bunch of icy emoticons!!

OMG, well nice that you happened to find out what happened. :cryingwlaughter: Sheesh!!

I wish I knew about services in CA. All I can do is send good vibes. Perhaps her primary care physician can offer some recommendations for physical therapy and other services?

I'm glad you're going to go to NY for at least part of your trip!!

{{couchie, couchiemama, couchiefamily, ansa}}

ETA. I did some googling. Here's a handbook on taking care of people who have had strokes: http://www.strokesafe.org/Caregivers_Handbook_rev5.pdf, and the chapter that came up when I googled: home care after discharge.

And here's a "family care navigator" from caregiver.org: http://caregiver.org/caregiver/jsp/fcn_con...jsp?nodeid=2083. This will provide info about services in your area. Caregiver.org also has tons of info: FCA (Family Caregiver Alliance). Holy moly--they are based in San Francisco too!!

And one more link. List of websites of several national organizations, each of which will have a link to find services in your area: How can I find someone to help care for my family member at home?.

For anyone who needs a new MCWL or last minute stocking stuffers, Amazon has the cd for 3.99. It is currently ranked #404.

About medical jargons, they talk in terms of how many cc's one is allowed to drink in a day. I asked both the heart surgeon and the nurse what that meant in terms of ounces. Neither could tell me. I asked my husband's dietician the same thing. She didn't know and needed to refer to a converter.

Spam report from Clayphan76 at the OFC via The CB via CH (Friday night show):

No SD tonight

Tom was out. Matthew Crowle played his parts. Clay was sooooooooooo into the show tonight!!!! He was biting his fingers again up in the tower. Before the "Idol of my age" line, he let out an adorable, but loud laugh.....so cute!!! During "KOTRT", he kept going up to the girls, with his hand extended for them to shake it while saying, "Hi, I'm Robin". He did the same thing to the LOTL and she swatted him. LOTL did "If you like it, then you should have put a ring on it". Clay conversed with Galahad over his confusion with it. Speaking of confusion, just as they were getting back up from the tables, he acted like he was looking around for something again. At the end of the song when he helps the dancer down off the dice, she jumped on his back and he carried her off stage like that. He gave Lancelot the look of disgust when he spit during "FYG". In the taunter scene, when they toss the cow, it literally flew over all of their heads. It was hilarious!!!! After it landed, they stared at it then they all turned their backs towards the audience and continued to laugh about it. Knights of Ni did "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...." then finished it out with, "We ain't no holla back girls". During "YWSOB", when saying, "You won't succeed on Broadway, if you don't have any Jews", he extended the "Jews" part in to something like...JeeeeEEEEEws. He braided the ribbons during the guard scene. And.......HE SANG THE AMEN!!!!!!! The goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood one

From CH:

According to this, Clay is one of The Advocate's "People of the Year" to be featured in their January issue.

Los Angeles-based political strategist Chad Griffin has been honored as one of The Advocate’s 2008 People of the Year. The list, appearing in the January issue and selected by The Advocate’s editorial staff, includes 19 other luminaries of activism, politics and entertainment such as Steve Hildenbrand, The Obamas, Al Gore, Tina Fey, Clay Aiken and Hilary Rosen. The list seeks to honor those who have made a profound impact for 2008 in the area of gay rights. The only Angeleno to make the list, Griffin, president of the firm Griffin | Schake, is known for his campaign-style approach to communications for his A-list clients, political initiatives and philanthropic organizations.

Griffin shares the title of Person of the year with Barney Frank, Tina Fey, Hilary Rosen, Bruce Bastian, The Obamas, Clay Aiken, Suze Orman, Steve Hildenbrand , Lawrence King , Amy Balliett, Matthew Mitcham, Sunil Bubu Pant, Al Gore, Thomas Beatie, Wanda Sykes, Jason Rae, Gus Van Sant & Dustin Lance Black, Keith Olbermann, Jared Polis & Linda Ketner and Luc Montagnier & Francoise Barre-Sinoussi.

couchie, glad you finally know what's going on, and that you have a game plan. Enjoy what time you can spend in NYC!

This afternoon I am trying to play catch up and do laundry and groceries and go Christmas shopping.......hee, think I can do it all in one day????? I'm gonna try!

Last update and then I'll go to proper thread - cuz lord knows I'll need all kinds of caregiver advice.

Why don't doctors just talk staright to you in jargon you understand. So last night we're visiting my mom and the nurse goes oh you had a CVA. I'm like what's a CVA - a cerebral vascular accident. Just looked that up..She had a stroke! Why didn't you just say so people :cryingwlaughter: They moved my mom back to our local hospital, just 10 minutes away when I step on the gas a bit... her blood pressure is still too high so they are keeping her for now. When she's released she will need 24/7 care for the next 6 weeks. Her left side is weak so she will need physical therapy. Muski I am totally at a loss about anything having to do with social services, mediCal. We have never used any of this and people talk to you like you should know all about it for some reason.

Couchie Surely the doctor will send your mother to an extended care facility for the next few weeks so she can have PT there. The people at the hospital should be able to help you with applying for MediCal, etc. I'm so sorry. I'm so glad, though, that you will be able to take your trip--even if it is short.

Couchie, I'm so glad that at least you're now feeling more tuned-in to what's really happening with your Mom....AND that you're going to be able to come with us for at least the weekend! I think you owe it to yourself, so I'm so glad.

I know absolutely nothing about the ins and outs of American health care, obviously....but looks like jmh found some great links for you; and somehow, on one of the boards. there always seems to be someone who can assist with expert advice. It's quite amazing, really, the resources in the fandom.

My experience with strokes (with my Dad) has been that everyone is different; but that many recover very well from a minor stroke, with the help of physio and the will to do so. I hope that's what happens for your Mom!

Hi all,

Been a very long day and now that I have stuffed myself with a McDonald's Cheeseburger and french fries, I feel a little human again!

Crown is all cemented in place; only took about 20 minutes. The Dentist thinks it was jarred loose when I had my tooth pulled as they are right next to each other.

So I got to B & N at 10:30 and had an enjoyable day with my Clay friends Nancy and Marilan; we chatted in between wrapping, I got some shopping done and we did pretty good for the Foundation. Nancy talked it up big time and one gentleman left us a $40 tip!

Left with Nancy around 2:15 to head to her house where my husband was picking me up and at 2:30 p.m. WLIT in Chicago played Clay Aiken's O Holy Night! We were so excited and eee'd all the way to her house! First time I have ever heard Clay on the radio!

Then had to go grocery shopping...so we are finally home; I am stuffed and a hot bath is looking mighty good right now!

Couchie I am so glad you are going to NYC!

Kim

I went to see Seven Pounds this afternoon - quite frankly, 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back. I love me some Will Smith and will go to a movie just because he's in it - but honestly, with the exception of Pursuit of Happyness, his last few have left me cold. I still don't know what the title (Seven Pounds) refers to, and it was a whole lotta movie just to get to a predictable last ten minutes.

Couchie, I'm glad to hear you are going to get at least some version of your NYC holiday. 'Stroke' is such a scary word, but they have really made amazing progress in the treatment and rehab of it. I'll be keeping positive thoughts for a complete recovery for your mom. Just one question though- who is this 'Ansa' person you speak of? :imgtongue:

(((((couchie and mamatomato)))))

I went to see Seven Pounds this afternoon - quite frankly, 2 hours of my life I'm never getting back. I love me some Will Smith and will go to a movie just because he's in it - but honestly, with the exception of Pursuit of Happyness, his last few have left me cold. I still don't know what the title (Seven Pounds) refers to, and it was a whole lotta movie just to get to a predictable last ten minutes.

cindi - I went to see that this afternoon also. And I liked it... just goes to show how much people differ, hey? I will say that I saw what he was doing too and where the movie was going, but I thought it was good - a little slow getting off the ground for sure. For some reason, the seven pounds made me think biblical or some such... I thought he did a nice job... He seems to be trying to stretch his dramatic side and is doing ok... I'd actually see it again so I can pay more attention to a couple of things that didn't seem important at the moment... sorry you didn't like it.. :hug:

eta: OK, I guess Google is my friend... it's a take off on a pound of flesh from Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice...