#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

It's the Oscars? Showtime? The same reason Adrian Brody frenched Halle Berry on stage - and I don't think they were friends either! For me, something like an offer of support in such a time of need should be private because the public flaunting seems to be more about the person making the gesture. Just me.

Taxis are wonderful thing during the holiday party season!

It's the Oscars? Showtime? The same reason Adrian Brody frenched Halle Berry on stage - and I don't think they were friends either! For me, something like an offer of support in such a time of need should be private because the public flaunting seems to be more about the person making the gesture. Just me.

Taxis are wonderful thing during the holiday party season!

Then her Oscar behaviour towards Jennifer was just as self-serving as I suspected her kindness to Alexandra Burke was. She had a massive television audience, and wanted to show herself in the best light.

But I never said her Oscar behaviour wasn't (or was) - especially since I didn't see the Oscar thing. But it's the entertainment business - almost by definition self-serving - and that was a public event. The whole "let me reach out to you (or not) in your time of grief" should be private - and not up for public consumption if it's sincere - which is why out of all of this the most self-serving person seems to be the MySpace friend. You can be kind without being a friend - and you don't have to be kind to everyone. It's like couchie's thing with the children's choir and Clay - there are people probably to this day who heard one side of the story and are now convinced he's the biggest bastard that walked the face of the earth (oooh! He starved children! And didn't pay them!)

ETA: keepingfaith should have warned you - I'm an argumentative bitch! But charming! I swear, I can be charming!

keepingfaith should have warned you - I'm an argumentative bitch! But charming! I swear, I can be charming!

Yes, claytonic, she is charmingly argumentative. I know because I'm pretty darned argumentative myself about some things, although not nearly so charming as KAndre! Whether the discussion is about celebrity behavior or world domination, she's all in. And that's the way we like it!

***did I mention my minionhood?***

jmh123 ...lots of people have gone searching for the original versions of Hallelujah and the 'purists' aren't at all happy with what Alexandra has done to the song, but I think the younger audience love her version because they aren't familiar with the others. I am just happy for Leonard Cohen... apparently he is broke because he got ripped off by someone ... same old same old story of artists who earned millions during their heyday but were totally blind to scammers because most creative people (well, usually) don't have the kind of brain that involves financial stuff and tend to place their trust and money in the wrong hands. So hopefully Hallelujah will generate some much needed royalties for Mr Cohen.

Good point that Leonard Cohen will get royalties from this. That's a good thing. As a person, he's a conundrum--a womanizer and a Zen monk, sometimes at the same time. :hysterical: He started out as a poet. I have one of his old books of poetry. Judy Collins heard some music he'd written and arranged a gig for him. He was so nervous he almost couldn't go on the stage. It was her recording of Suzanne that launched his success as a musician. (Another interesting mix of sexuality and religion in the lyrics to that one.) I discovered him on the soundtrack to McCabe and Mrs. Miller back in 1971. He has a very unusual voice, not to everyone's taste. To me it is the combination of voice and songs that works. My favorite recorded version of him singing Hallelujah is on this album, which is only available on the Amazon mp3 site: Various Positions.

Ouch. I stayed home today with my puffy cheek and sore mouth. But I'm not crying any more, at least. :cryingwlaughter:

Hmmm....wanda lives around here? And now smitten? Couchie, sounds to me like there needs to be a Bay Area hootinanny (how the HELL do you spell that word? ) after the holidays once people are settled.... :lilredani:

keepingfaith--those pictures are CMSU! :hysterical: I visited with a friend for a few hours before I got on my plane to come home Monday and she has two 10-week-old puppies. Cute as all get out, of course, but still pooping and peeing and chewing and knocking stuff over and...whew! If we ever get another pet (I still miss Shadow.) it'll be one that's already grown up!

Good point that Leonard Cohen will get royalties from this. That's a good thing. As a person, he's a conundrum--a womanizer and a Zen monk, sometimes at the same time.

That's always been a big thing, you know, Holy Man on the Make. Like the Maharishi, for whom the Beatles (John Lennon) wrote Sexy Sadie, changing the title from "Maharishi" at the request of George Harrison. But actually, most of the Baptist preachers at the churches I attended as a youth were overt womanizers. Two different pastors at the same church over a 7-year period: (1) impregnated a choir member and ran off with her (later becoming a truck driver), and (2) the other one had a string of "widow women" upon whom he went calling, until the "widow women" started talking to each other, at which point Pastor #2 politely bowed out, after his wife initiated divorce proceedings. Oh yeah, that sex and religion is hot business.

Better that fate though than the fire and brimstone preacher of my early youth. The man wasn't a mere Bible thumper, oh no, he beat the fire out of the pulpit, with his Bible no less, every single Sunday. And screamed until he was red in the face and sweating and condemning us all to hell. He kept it up until one Sunday night service when the Lord took him right there at the pulpit, in all his screaming glory -- from a massive stroke. Everyone said the Lord took him glorifying His name, etc., etc., but the irony was never missed on me. Even though I was 9, I witnessed Divine Justice at work.

keepingfaith, those pictures are adorable.

As far as the whole JHud and Beyonce discussion, don't really care. I have only one obsession and he keeps me busy enough. Plus for the most part, I let the people involved figure out if they've been dissed since I figure they know more about the situation than I do.

Muski, glad you are feeling somewhat better. And now I'm getting jealous. There is a whole group of you in CA and TX, and I'm here all by myself in WV. Land of the rednecks. Yay me.

justclay, it's not THAT bad...I'm in central Illinois, and we're expecting an ice storm tonight, one that could knock out power for several days. If you don't see me around, you'll know why.

I think I'd rather be alone in WV at this point. Hee.

I'm not sure it's productive to label people who did or did not "reach out" to JH. Unless WE are JH, we can't really know who did what, when, why, or how or know how she feels about it.

I hate it when people characterize every little thing that Clay does (or they think he has done) because often subsequent information comes out to show that the people ranting and raving the loudest didn't know shit.

The weather here is going to be bad. We are looking up to 10 inches of snow into tomorrow. My husband said he would sub for someone at ski patrol tomorrow. I just keep laughing and telling him that it is going to be cold, windy, and snowing. I did not sign up so I do not need to go. He keeps saying a good wife would go and keep him company. I am not that crazy, maybe if he agreed to take me out to dinner first I would think about it. I beginning to hate cooking every night. I think after 31 years of marriage I can not get creative with recipes anymore.

the people ranting and raving the loudest didn't know shit.

Well, wanda...I don't know to whom you are referring, but I know that when I rant and rave about smut, I know lots of shit.

:sleezy:

Smut rules.

Good point that Leonard Cohen will get royalties from this. That's a good thing. As a person, he's a conundrum--a womanizer and a Zen monk, sometimes at the same time.

That's always been a big thing, you know, Holy Man on the Make. Like the Maharishi, for whom the Beatles (John Lennon) wrote Sexy Sadie, changing the title from "Maharishi" at the request of George Harrison. But actually, most of the Baptist preachers at the churches I attended as a youth were overt womanizers. Two different pastors at the same church over a 7-year period: (1) impregnated a choir member and ran off with her (later becoming a truck driver), and (2) the other one had a string of "widow women" upon whom he went calling, until the "widow women" started talking to each other, at which point Pastor #2 politely bowed out, after his wife initiated divorce proceedings. Oh yeah, that sex and religion is hot business.

Better that fate though than the fire and brimstone preacher of my early youth. The man wasn't a mere Bible thumper, oh no, he beat the fire out of the pulpit, with his Bible no less, every single Sunday. And screamed until he was red in the face and sweating and condemning us all to hell. He kept it up until one Sunday night service when the Lord took him right there at the pulpit, in all his screaming glory -- from a massive stroke. Everyone said the Lord took him glorifying His name, etc., etc., but the irony was never missed on me. Even though I was 9, I witnessed Divine Justice at work.

I had an ancestor who died in the pulpit. Never pictured him going that way, but it's a funny thought.

I also had a female ancestor who was seduced by a preacher, and she got all the blame for it. Ah, the good old days.

Yeah, Leonard is a character. I do like the way that he combines sex and religion in his lyrics because, yes, they do go together.

Gosh, and I almost forgot my former boss. He was a preacher in several different denominations--kept getting defrocked for his womanizing pastoral counseling techniques and going on to a new denomination, at the same time he had teaching jobs and was womanizing in that profession, and kept losing those jobs too. Somehow he managed to "help" me lose my job since I was on to his tricks (probably because he was shtupting the big boss, who was strangely deaf to my concerns about my unfair job evaluations) before his house of cards fell down at the place I worked. Too late to save me, but it was poetic justice to see him get what he deserved. Of course, he's got a new job somewhere else, and probably, by now, a new denomination to troll for women in preach for. Hugely popular guy--I mean, most people just loved him and thought he was the most wonderful thing ever, and disliked me for disliking him. HAHA. Turned out he had a calendar full of weekly assignations--Stupid Sally, 5:30 pm Tuesdays, his house, glass of wine and a blow job; Dumb Dolly, 5:00 pm Wednesdays, his office, no wine, just a quickie; and so on. GRRRRR.

A few pics from last night's stagedoor from njrp4clay at CV:

Spam1217_4.jpg

Spam1217_3.jpg

Spam1217_2.jpg

Spam1217_1.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Clay.

*licks lips*

I came home and saw three pages since this morning and thought something must have happened in Clay land. I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad that it's only JHud and Beyonce.

Just back from the dentist; had to have a cavity filled. I think he gave me a double dose of novacaine...whole left side of my mouth is numb and my left nostril is dripping like crazy! Don't just love when they tell you to rinse out but you are so numb you just dribble everything down the front of you? Hopefully, this will be the last time I will have to see the inside of that office for 6 months.

Good news is the snow has not started so I didn't have to drive in icky stuff.

Now they are saying it should start around 7:00.

Glad I am off of work tomorrow.

Kim

keepingfaith should have warned you - I'm an argumentative bitch! But charming! I swear, I can be charming!

Yes, claytonic, she is charmingly argumentative. I know because I'm pretty darned argumentative myself about some things, although not nearly so charming as KAndre! Whether the discussion is about celebrity behavior or world domination, she's all in. And that's the way we like it!

I can attest to the fact that both KAndre and Keeping are charming. I can't believe that I got on from my new laptop. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Had to try several times though because I kept getting message that either my UN or my PW were wrong. NOT

Well it got to be 75 degrees here today! Yay!!!! Well that is unless you wore a suit and polo (turtle) necked shirt cos the office is like freezing! I was doing a "Scarlett" and taking clothes of in the car, on the way home!

Eeeeeeee Saturday is eHP at my house day! I cannot wait to see who shows up. I like surprises. Kandre suggested a white elephant gift exchange........any one know where I can get a white elephant?

If anyone wants to come and join us let me know. Now I have to go clean up for the maid.

Oh and that Clay Aiken guy sure is cute!

Wheeeeeeeee, new stage door pics! :wub:

Wheeeeeeeee, I think I just finished my part of the project!!!! Well, at least it's finished in my eyes. I'm sure that by morning it will be picked apart and there will be a million things to fix or add or refine or what-the-fuck-ever. :cryingwlaughter:

We are under a snow squall warning too. Supposed to get 20 - 25 cm overnight and tomorrow with high winds. Blech!