#45: He Owns Us...

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Avoid the crazy, enjoy the good, and chill.
    • How come I didn't notice before that he is so cute? Why didn't someone tell me?
    • Clay was a revelation, like fire and music
    • OMG...is this guy CUTE or WHAT?!?!?!?
    • Clay didn't just come out, he kicked down the door.
    • I think Clay Aiken is pretty special
    • Clay Aiken: High Priest of Hotness
    • Dear God: You do good work.
    • The man is priceless!
    • Clay really is a treasure.
    • Adorable times two!

I didn't really think there was anything to counteract as far as the tabloid idiocy - people who believe in the tabs enough to judge a person... well they deserve the world they live in. Same for people who don't get the humour and honesty of his comments about the baby - IMO, it just makes him a real person, not a soundbite. *shrug*

Glad you got your door-situation resolved, annabear!

annabear, I've had good luck with deicing sprays in the past...on windshields, frozen locks, etc. Never tried it on a frozen hinge, but suspect it will work just as well there, too. I remember buying cans of the stuff from Walgreens, Ace Hardware, and the grocery store. This one has some television news-tested claims about pre-treating to slow accumulation. The website describes using it on tires and driveways, too. I would imagine spraying it on the chunks of ice beneath a car would make it easier to break the chunks off without damaging the car. For the dog lovers, they also make a product to protect pet's paws outside in ice and snow. Man, they didn't have these fancy products when I lived where it was cold. I bet my dad wishes he knew about it when the snow used to stick to his shovel! :)

The holidays really bring out the evil in some people.

I had just weighed myself, screamed, and vowed to eat like a frigging rabbit for the rest of my life when I look out to see that the postal truck is parked in front of my house and hear a thud as the postman drops a package by my front door.

I run to the door, grab the box, and open it to find

HOMEMADE FRIGGING COOKIES!!!!

Like I said, evil.

(Munch, munch, munch)

I had just weighed myself, screamed, and vowed to eat like a frigging rabbit for the rest of my life when I look out to see that the postal truck is parked in front of my house and hear a thud as the postman drops a package by my front door.

I run to the door, grab, the box, and open it to find

Like I said, evil.

(Munch, munch, munch)

:hysterical:

Have we ever mentioned what a way you have with words, wanda?

:hysterical:

From CH:

Mr. Artquest was the peasant tonight. He was hysterical. Details to follow after we eat.

More from artquest:

Back from dinner.

I asked Mr. Artquest if he could describe exactly what the experience was like. He said it was a combination of laughing and hoping he didn't look like an ass. After all, he said, he didn't know what was going to happen. He couldn't see much past the second row - in fact, it was disorienting. He looked for me but couldn't find anyone. Not just a Clay fog. But it's not like he wasn't prepped.

At dinner last night, I explained that he might be pulled up on stage. He had firm instructions not to mention Clay, not to mention me, and not to mention my Clay fan friends, some of whom he met at intermission. I was serious. You have no idea what this man is capable of when it comes to teasing. Oy is right.

Anyway, when the D101 showed up, I whispered that he was heading for stage and to behave himself. He stood up when Patsy came by and started laughing when the grail appeared in his seat. They do this really smoothly. I was watching for it and still missed the move. Then they asked him on stage. "What's your name?" asked the King. "Paul," he said. "And your last name?" "I'm a Jew." Heh, The king stopped for a minute, but the crowd roared. Then he gave his last name and they gave him his award, sang to him, and sent him back to his seat, grinning. It was a great anniversary present!

People actually stopped him and asked for his autograph. Cracked him up. We waiting at the stage door for Clay (really cute and adorable and looks thinner than on stage), who signed the Polaroid and thanked hubby again for saving them tonight. *g* It was awesome.

Now he expects his name in lights . . .

The 'finale' of Mr. Artquest's peasant experience from CH: :)

We're finally back in L.A., where it's a balmy 55 degrees. Reminds me why I live here!

Mr. Artquest has totally let this thing go to his head. With a twinkle in his eye, he reminds me that the hand holding my hand is the hand that touched Clay. Or that a star of his stature shouldn't have to carry luggage. Or that he's thinking of retiring from Broadway while he's still at the top of his game. *Eyes rolling.*

Here's his Cast Photo.

annabear...your situation reminds me of one very cold winter when I was in college. I was doing my student teaching at a nearby high school and it was so freaking cold that when I opened the door to my 1964 Chevy Belair (a huge navy blue box with pink rust freckles), the latch didn't move and I had to hold the door closed with my right hand while I steered with my left! Fortunately, I didn't have a stick shift, but those right turns were hairy!

:lmaosmiley-1:

It's weird thinking of having to get some proper winter clothes for my NYC trip. We just don't DO that kind of thing out here!

muski... I borrowed ski stuff from friends when I had to go back to Illinois in the winter. Cheap and warm! :cryingwlaughter: Even renting ski stuff might be cheaper than buying.

I run to the door, grab the box, and open it to find

Like I said, evil.

(Munch, munch, munch)

wanda... I hear ya' It took me 3 weeks to lose 2 pounds to hit the 40 lb lose place on the scales. They had the office Xmas lunch today... pizza... I had two pieces, since I haven't had pizza in about 6 months. I'm sure tomorrow morning, those 2 pounds will be back on the scales (and me, unfortunately). Oh, well... after the 26th, I can be good again and start the fight again. Sigh!

TBAF email:

The staff and board of The Bubel/Aiken Foundation would like to take a moment to wish you Happy Holidays! We hope this time is filled with friends and family, joy and memories. We know that for some this year specifically or the holidays in general can be a hard time. For you, we wish you comfort in the upcoming weeks.

2008 was by far our best year yet. Over 4000 children served in inclusive programs nationwide through Let's ALL Play, helping to launch a new leadership initiative with Best Buddies, our first Golfing for Inclusion event, and our most successful Champions of Change gala ever. Know that we never take your support, encouragement, donations, and hours of hard work for granted. It is only because of you that all that happens is possible.

We also want to let you know that on December 27 at 10pm EST, our co-founder Clay Aiken will be appearing on "The Waiting List", hosted by Geraldo Rivera on the Fox News Channel. The show will be dedicated to the American heroes who live with and care for the 54 million people with developmental disabilities in our country. Clay was included because of his work with children with special needs through The Bubel/Aiken Foundation and the inspiration it has brought and can bring to people around the country. We are excited about the opportunity to be a leading voice in what could turn out to be a groundbreaking program.

And finally, a reminder about our second annual Golfing for Inclusion event on January 26, 2009 at Mirasol Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Get all the details on how to participate as a sponsor, golfer, or dinner only guest at www.bubelaiken.org/golf. Make sure to check out the special GFI rate at the Homewood Suites for accommodations. See you there!

Seasons Greetings!

Jerry Aiken

Kristy Barnes

Aron Hall

Very nice to see Clay get some recognition for TBAF for a change, and a great spotlight for the foundation as well!

Geraldo Rivera Joins The Arc to Target Waiting Lists

http://www.thearc.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=1837

Visibly moved by comments from self-advocates, family members and chapter leaders at the Opening Plenary Session of The Arc's 2008 National Convention, renowned television journalist, Geraldo Rivera, electrified the audience, pledging that he will present a one-hour news special to shine light on the current crisis facing people with disabilities and their families - the Waiting List.

UDPATE: The show has been schedule to tape on Saturday, December 20th at the Fox Studio in New York City. Broadcast information will be posted on Monday, December 22nd.

Spamalot is doing pretty well--up 8.7% over last week with overall attendance at 85.1% and income of $646,303. It's in 13th place--pretty damn good considering some of the theaters are much larger and Spam has been around so long.

Spamalot is doing pretty well--up 8.7% over last week with overall attendance at 85.1% and income of $646,303. It's in 13th place--pretty damn good considering some of the theaters are much larger and Spam has been around so long.

Excellent! If it has to end, I'm glad to see it going out on a successful note - they really deserve it!

Thanks mucho for the birthday wishes... it's not that I forget, but with it so close to Christmas, I tend to lose it in the shuffle! And since the number keeps getting bigger (damn it!), I think I'm trying real hard to forget it!! :lmaosmiley-1:

Thin Mints are the crack cocaine of the cookie world, and those Girl Scout dealers are the devil's handmaidens.

And this - gospel if I ever heard it!!! :cryingwlaughter:

anna - glad to hear you got your car doors working again... I'm so sick of winter and it's barely started... tons of snow, the deep freeze right now and then two more days of snow tomorrow and Wednesday... ugh. I hate winter.

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not that!!!!!!

Scarlett has pictures!

OK! We had a blast....started about 5:00pm Saturday.....talked about Clay.....wore silly party hats.....exchanged goofy and good gifts.....laughed till we were hoarse.....had some good food.....talked about Clay....watched a JNT concert....got to bed at 5:00am.....got up at 8:00am.....talked about Clay.....Scarlett tried to figure out how many Clay fans she has slept with but lost count and went to go home at 3:00pm Sunday and didn't realise she still had her PJs on!

When 00lsee, keepingfaith, Kandre, Solo, Scarlett and myself get together it is wonderful, but we really missed PerusingOne.

My DH called to find out if we had a good time. Ha that didn't deserve an answer!

Merry Christmas FCA peeps!

I had 42 loosely-related family members at my house on Saturday.

It was fun, but I am really glad it has finally happened and now I can get on with more Christmas preparations. (I've been getting ready for that party for over a month!) Stuff I still need to do is stuff like wrapping gifts for the immediate family who will all be here on Christmas Eve.

At least I get to go out for Christmas dinner. chachasoninlaw#3's parents are having us all over.

All I have to do is whip up a batch of Homemade Irish Cream, and be there by 3:00. :)

IT'S THE HOLIDAYS!

I have spoken with several people about how in the hell did we get all this done while simultaneously attending 2, 3, 4 or more Joyful Noise Concerts!?

I blame Clay for my not being ready for Christmas this year.

because............

IT'S ALL CLAY AIKEN'S FAULT!!!

chachadotter#1, her hubby and I are driving to NYC tomorrow to catch another dose of SPAM!

Wish us luck! Anyone else going to be there? (OK anna - I'll go check the list!!) :D

Well, the reason no one heard from the eHP for a while .... we must have been in the same recovery coma last night. My lips are sealed, merrieeee. You give 'em any story you want and I'll back you up. Except, I think it was closer to 5:30 a.m. Have a great trip, K. I love the eHP and, yes, there are pictures ... I'm afraid there are. But I still don't understand the part about going in the dark bathroom to feel for the gifts.

How about that Clay Aiken, huh? A Sardi's caricature, and TV time to talk about the foundation. (Not to mention that the People article is showing up literally all over the place.) It truly is all good these days.

Clay Aiken ROCKX!

Really glad that all the news these days seems to be good. I'm not sure if it has to do with his new publicist, Cindi? somebody or if the previous 6 years were some kind of trial period. Sometimes it seems like those who are really great and look destined to becoming legendary have to put up with more crap than the ones who blend in but will probably be history in a few years or minutes, as the case may be.

People like Elvis and Streisand and the Beatles, etc all seem to have had a lot of resistance from those in the entertainment industry. Maybe its fear of change or maybe its just filled with a bunch of wannabes who are constantly seeking acceptance so they feel they can only like those people that the "in" people like. And usually those "in" people are the same ones who think weird equates to being brilliant. Just like those art critics who think a toilet seat in an art gallery equals great art. Bunch of idiots is what I think.

did someone say party?? :)

we are officially moved into my parents apartment...mother nature didnt help, as we have mucho snow and ice..got off my computer on Saturday, and comcast couldnt come to set it up till today, and almost didnt make it cause of snow..I didnt want them to risk their lives..no..really!

after 2 days of not having my friends in the computer I was worried..but I didnt go through withdrawals, no shakes or anything :) and now Im connected once again.

and Im ready to head south on January 5th :)

loved the People article..just everything about it, the tone is wonderful..clay comes across as awesome and has his priorities in order..loved it..and loved that he said he wasnt quitting..I never doubted lol but maybe people did..

I think Clay Aiken is pretty special :)